Eight Legged Freaks

8.7

1. Jun 9, 2011
    A 50's movie concept given a modern make over. Tell your brain to go missing and enjoy the B rate acting, B rate CGI and B rate cast (including a young Scarlett Johansson)
  2. Jun 15, 2011
    Cheesy yet surprisingly enjoyable, whether or not your going to enjoy this depends on how much you like b rated movie, it's not scary at all, honestly I just about laughed throughout the whole, although I'm not sure whether I was laughing with it or at it.
  3. AndrewM.
    Jun 6, 2004
    I understand this is supposed to be a campy, 50's-style horror flick, but I still didn't like it. David Arquette is good (but out of place), Wuhrer is commendable and solid, Johansson is mostly just worried about how good she looks (which is very good!), and the spiders just look goofy and ridiculous. This just wasn't my type of film so I won't bag it unnecessarily, I understand this is supposed to be a campy, 50's-style horror flick, but I still didn't like it. David Arquette is good (but out of place), Wuhrer is commendable and solid, Johansson is mostly just worried about how good she looks (which is very good!), and the spiders just look goofy and ridiculous. This just wasn't my type of film so I won't bag it unnecessarily, but I will say that (IMO) it wasn't funny, it wasn't scary, it wasn't even that campy... it wasn't really anything. Expand
  4. SteveL.
    Jul 17, 2002
    Pretty Good...as long as you're not expecting anything more than a monster movie about giant spiders.

Amid numerous identical skirmishes with leapfrogging arachnids, trace elements of black comedy and intentional camp are discernible but utterly extraneous.
  2. Reviewed by: Dennis Harvey
    This update of 1950s drive-in sci-fiers finds the right balance between icky, funny and scary, with sheer energy compensating for a script that could have used more parodic panache.
    Has laughs, thrills, wit and scary monsters, and is one of those goofy movies like "Critters" that kids itself and gets away with it.