7.1

1. Jun 15, 2011
    Cheesy yet surprisingly enjoyable, whether or not your going to enjoy this depends on how much you like b rated movie, it's not scary at all, honestly I just about laughed throughout the whole, although I'm not sure whether I was laughing with it or at it.
  2. Jun 9, 2011
    A 50's movie concept given a modern make over. Tell your brain to go missing and enjoy the B rate acting, B rate CGI and B rate cast (including a young Scarlett Johansson)
  3. Oct 13, 2012
    In case you couldn't tell, this movie is supposed to be goofy. I mean, how much goofier can you get when you have a movie about spiders that grow to gigantic size when they eat contaminated crickets? One thing you should know is that this movie DOES NOT take itself seriously. But that's a good thing, because this movie is pure camp and nothing else. Characters are somewhat sloppy, theIn case you couldn't tell, this movie is supposed to be goofy. I mean, how much goofier can you get when you have a movie about spiders that grow to gigantic size when they eat contaminated crickets? One thing you should know is that this movie DOES NOT take itself seriously. But that's a good thing, because this movie is pure camp and nothing else. Characters are somewhat sloppy, the spider special effects are decent (especially for 2002) and the humor is well put together. All in all, if you are sad and want a movie to cheer you up, watch this. Expand
  4. Oct 2, 2013
    A bit slow at first and is it stupid? Absolutely. Yet something you can't deny is that it's a rather entertaining movie to watch and I've seen it 3 times. Not that bad...not that bad.
  5. Aug 26, 2012
    Best horror comedy I have ever seen, it has humour, gory, action and violence, has all the ingredients to make a fantastic film. This film is a must watch
  6. Aug 16, 2014
    Probably one of the best horror comedy i have ever seen.It's funny and there is a lot of action.The spiders are cheesy but they are supposed to be like this.Probably the best spider movie i have ever seen.

Amid numerous identical skirmishes with leapfrogging arachnids, trace elements of black comedy and intentional camp are discernible but utterly extraneous.
  2. Reviewed by: Dennis Harvey
    This update of 1950s drive-in sci-fiers finds the right balance between icky, funny and scary, with sheer energy compensating for a script that could have used more parodic panache.
    Has laughs, thrills, wit and scary monsters, and is one of those goofy movies like "Critters" that kids itself and gets away with it.