7.8

1. Jan 14, 2012
    GREAT FILM! it was funny and a perfect christmas movie to watch some parts of the movie are just too funny. Will Ferrell plays the part of elf really well.
  2. Dec 18, 2010
    Loved it. Christmas movies usually disappoint me, but this one, this one was actually good. The characters are well developed, the plot is interesting and Will Farrell and Zooey Deschanel make it even better. Very good movie.
  3. Dec 10, 2012
    Definitely one of those Christmas films (which you really do have to remember that it is) that can be on each year and not become tedious. Each laugh is still as fresh as the first.
  4. Jun 19, 2011
    Fantastic! Easily my favorite Christmas movie. It is a hilarious premise, that is highlighted by strong performances. Original, funny, and heartfelt, Elf is a modern Christmas movie that works.
  5. Nov 28, 2012
    Possessing what might just be Will Ferrell's greatest performance, "Elf" is an irresistibly adorable comedy, stuffed to the gills with hilarious holiday cheer and affecting human pathos.
  6. Jan 14, 2013
    What a great film this turned out to be! It delivered a truckload of laughs that could appeal to anyone, interesting characters, a heartwarming Christmas plot, and zany Looney Tunes-style sight gags! Overall, Elf is a must see for the Christmas season, and even any other time of the year!
  7. Jun 30, 2013
    Elf, The Santa Clause, and Home Alone. Those are the three real Christmas classics since 1990. Will Ferrell's performance is so great, it's not only a kids movie, but an everybody movie.
  8. Dec 11, 2013
    I love Elf. It is definitely one of my favorite Christmas movies. The jokes are hilarious!!! Will Ferrell plays Buddy the Elf so well. This movie is also a great family movie. I also get a lot of nostalgia from watching this movie.

Acting: 9.5
    Jokes: 10

Total: 9.75 (rounding it to 10)
  9. Jun 14, 2014
    This is my automatic go to movie if nothing else is on TV! I love this movie and no matter what time of year this movie will bring you Christmas cheer, its just so funny, and it's just one of the ultimate feel good movies!

1. Reviewed by: David Ansen
    Ferrell is a hoot. So is much of this witty holiday family entertainment, which, up until the end, when the “true spirit of Christmas” must be reaffirmed, happily favors slapstick over treacle.
    More likely to end up on the snow pile of forgettable Christmas-themed movies than in the vault of memorable ones.
    Ferrell makes the damn thing work. Even though he can't get naked or use naughty words, there's a devil of comedy in Ferrell, and he lets it out to play. Director Jon Favreau has the good sense to just stand out of his way.