8.9

1. Feb 24, 2012
    Hello I am Brazilian I live in Rio de Janeiro in Barra da Tijuca I'm settled aera Brazilian force, as you Americans are so innocent, this movie does not portray nen half of the slums relidade nen you do not know what hunger is mizeria violence, our reality are totally different in the favela has no law has no rule, this film portrays nen half of violence and crime in the favelas, the BOPE (Special Operations Battalion) and the movie but there shall not nen shows half of what they are ralmente materiality because in the recruitment of BOPE to shock language they take you out but only the strong and well prepared fiction, should doubt my word ta here my facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002033752756 Collapse
  2. Apr 23, 2011
    One of my favourite films of the past few years. An intense, cleverly directed and a well written screenplay. It left me full of adrenaline. Yes, it's violent, aggressive and pulls absolutely no punches - it's a drug war, what would you expect? If you like "City of God" then I highly recommend this.
  3. Mar 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's funny how you, critical, give for Die Hard a metascore 70/100 and for Elite Squad 33/100. With $4.000.000, José Padilha made a good movie and beyond all realistic. this movie there is no American badass who combats stereotyped villains. The villains here are true, kills every day hundreds of innocent people. So the thing of this movie isn't the great special effects or the good plot. This movie is a message. Violent? Yes, but necessary. Best thriller I ever seen. Expand
  4. Mar 8, 2011
    Also, if you don't like this kind of movie, why in hell did you bother watching it at all? You FAILED to understand the plot of this movie, and it was NEVER incoherent. You people have amazed me this time.
  5. Jan 18, 2011
    This movie is awesome. I can't believe it has such a low Metascore. This just doesn't make sense. Do yourself a favor, don't believe the critics, and go watch it for yourself!

1. The captain narrates in a punchy, journalistic style that gives Elite Squad an air of sociological realism--it bears a resemblance to viscerally exciting seventies urban thrillers like "The French Connection."
  2. Poorly structured and at times incoherent.
  3. Reviewed by: Jay Weissberg
    A one-note celebration of violence-for-good that plays like a recruitment film for fascist thugs.