6.4

1. Aug 25, 2014
    I don't know how historically accurate this movie is, but I rather enjoyed it. A good sequel to "Elizabeth".

Queen Elizabeth is facing trouble with his enemies - and potential lovers. War lies ahead, England is weak, but the Queen must remain strong - correct? Between personal yearnings and the expectations she has set for herself, Elizabeth is both erratic and tragic to follow.

Cate
    Blanchett and Geoffry Rush were amazing. The film was visually stunning, matching the era, and the music was beautifiully fitting. Expand
  2. Sep 3, 2012
    Cate was a very convincing queen. It was kind of boring at times, but I don't think the critics got it right. She put on an amazing performance and that is worth watching it for.

1. An unholy mixture of the banal and the bombastic.
    Cate Blanchett can do anything, even play Bob Dylan, but she can't save this creaky sequel to her star-making 1998 biopic of Elizabeth I.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Without the pleasure of watching Cate Blanchett continue the role that launched her to stardom, there would be little to recommend this latest of many cinematic and television accounts of the celebrated monarch's life.