7.7

1. KenB
    Oct 11, 2007
    This is a great period piece, period.
  2. AuskaP.
    Feb 14, 2008
    I just love Cate. She is just a perfect Elizabeth!!
  3. RenG.
    May 9, 2002
    Absolutely perfect.
  4. EdwinB.
    Mar 16, 2003
    Very intriguing movie, beautiful costumes and actors, exciting from begining till the end. Hopefully they will make a sequel from the rest of the golden age.
  5. HannahW.
    Jan 31, 2004
    Fantastic, Kapur's use of colour is fantastic! A great Brithish film. I recomend anyone to see it you wants to find out about how brutal British history really was!
  6. PatC.
    Jan 6, 2004
    Counts the cost of assuming political power. And Blanchette is simply the greatest actress in the world. I don't know if this show is historically accurate, but intuitively one would think so. And Elizabeth is still revered as the savvy politician who presided over England's emergence as a world power. Such a film is important to remind us what a really good film is. My only Counts the cost of assuming political power. And Blanchette is simply the greatest actress in the world. I don't know if this show is historically accurate, but intuitively one would think so. And Elizabeth is still revered as the savvy politician who presided over England's emergence as a world power. Such a film is important to remind us what a really good film is. My only complaint is, God, there must have been something fun about going through that experience. There must be good perks for being queen? Lighten up already. Expand
  7. BriannnaD.
    Mar 21, 2004
    I thought this movie was awsome!I had recently finished a report on Queen Elizabeth and they didn't miss one detail.
  8. Stupac
    Dec 14, 2006
    If the only flaw you can find in this movie is the historical inaccuracy, then you should realize that this movie isn't a book report. It's not a historical documentary. Any inadequacies are meant to drive the story or provide elements of the overall theme: how Elizabeth overcame all the plotting against her and consolidated her power... As far as I'm concerned, this movie If the only flaw you can find in this movie is the historical inaccuracy, then you should realize that this movie isn't a book report. It's not a historical documentary. Any inadequacies are meant to drive the story or provide elements of the overall theme: how Elizabeth overcame all the plotting against her and consolidated her power... As far as I'm concerned, this movie is the Godfather of period epics. If you want to learn the facts about Elizabeth (or anything for that matter), take a class or read a book. This is a movie, and it's about feeling and meaning. So enjoy it. Expand
  9. Jan 2, 2015
    Elizabeth is a spine tingling slice of historical drama dressed up as the Godfather. Doomed love, political intrigue and savage murders are the order of the day here. One wonders what Shakespeare would have made of Elizabeth's reign if he was actually divorced from it. Maybe it would have looked a little like this movie. Whatever, Elizabeth is badass entertainment!

1. The fabulous Elizabeth reinvents English Tudor history as gangster movie.
  2. Reviewed by: David Rooney
    Superior historical soap opera that shrewdly sidesteps all the cliches of British costume drama with its bold, often modern approach.
  3. Where Elizabeth really triumphs over its dusty source material is in transforming all this boring history into a real, rip-roaring adventure tale.