8.0

1. TristanC.
    Nov 19, 2007
    Realism is off, an animated world enters the real one, eventually you will intend to consider that the whole thing is animated through the amount of affects, designs, direction, I was never captured by this truly moving picture.
  2. SamT.
    Dec 20, 2007
    Major disappointment from Disney. very lazy, dull, lacklustre film. Characters are not well developed and no chemistry exists between the lead pair. Boring. Best movie to avoid.
  3. KevinL.
    Dec 26, 2007
    I loved Amy Adams in JUNEBUG, and was so hoping she'd hit this out of the park. She's the best thing in it, no doubt,;but in the end it's still a fantasy piece in a mythical unrecognizable Manhattan without much charm because it lacks sass. Overall, a disappointment.
  4. DavidS
    Jan 15, 2009
    Corny. A butchery of every fairy tale we grew up loving. Is this what Disney amounts to now?
  5. charlie
    Dec 12, 2007
    Terrible. Even for a children's movie.
  6. May 24, 2011
    This movie **** sucked, I hated it, it makes watching grass grow interesting. What the hell was the director's problem making this box office piece of ****
  7. Apr 23, 2011
    When I seen the trailer, I thought the movie was funny and original. The movie was original enough but then I realised they already shown all the funny bits in the trailer. And finally, this movie was horribly cheesy.
  8. LenP.
    Nov 26, 2007
    How any critic can compare this to Hairspray only goes to show that many critics today have their heads up their asses.There was nothing that made this film special.The design work both Costumes and Production Design were lazy to say the least. James Marsden was the only saving grace here in a pedestrian piece of crap. Susan saran Wrap was beyond terrible. If I remember correctly the only How any critic can compare this to Hairspray only goes to show that many critics today have their heads up their asses.There was nothing that made this film special.The design work both Costumes and Production Design were lazy to say the least. James Marsden was the only saving grace here in a pedestrian piece of crap. Susan saran Wrap was beyond terrible. If I remember correctly the only original piece of this film were the end credits. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Olly Richards
    It’s essentially, y’know, for kids, but the dedicated fairy tale fan will have tons of fun spotting all the references. Adams, meanwhile, gives one of the comedy performances of the year.
    Not since Julie Andrews rode an umbrella to glory in Mary Poppins has Disney given us such a real-life doll (Amy Adams).
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A full-blown musical that commutes between Disney's patented cartoon universe and the "real" world with cleverness and grace, this splashy production reminds one of nothing in the Disney canon so much as "Mary Poppins," not least due to the "star is born" aura that surrounds Amy Adams here, just as it did Julie Andrews 43 years ago.