Lionsgate | Release Date: January 24, 2014
5.4
Mixed or average reviews based on 11 Ratings
WATCH NOW
MunichJan 25, 2014
Enemies Closer is your typical cliche movie, with half-decent performances by its leads and a weak direction by Peter Hyams. However, the only reason I give it a 6 is because of the gory and very satisfying action scenes and Van Damme'sEnemies Closer is your typical cliche movie, with half-decent performances by its leads and a weak direction by Peter Hyams. However, the only reason I give it a 6 is because of the gory and very satisfying action scenes and Van Damme's surprisingly good performance as Xander, the over-the-top baddie.

Definitely give it a rental.
TheQuietGamerAug 14, 2014
Among the bad acting, poor pacing, and overly familiar plot (of course the main character has a military training background) there is good here in the form of Jean-Claude Van Damme. He's not enough to make the movie worth watching unlessAmong the bad acting, poor pacing, and overly familiar plot (of course the main character has a military training background) there is good here in the form of Jean-Claude Van Damme. He's not enough to make the movie worth watching unless you're a hardcore fan of his, but he gives a great performance as the crazy and goofy bad guy.

The problem here is the predictability. The two heroes who are enemies having to work together to take out a greater threat to both of them plays out exactly as you would expect, and features a completely obvious plot-twist right near the end. Watching the heroes take down their hunters one by one isn't even entertaining thanks to the dull action. Outside of particularly thrilling fight taking place in a tree most of the action scenes are yawn inducing affairs.

It borrows way too much from better action movies and uses plot element that have been done to death years ago. Van Damme's character might be good, but he needed a better movie to go around it. As it stands I see this as an incredibly skippable movie. Van Damme fans may get a kick out of his performance, but I can't imagine them being too thrilled with the rest of the movie. My total score is a 4.3/10-Bad.
chwAug 21, 2014
Enemies Closer is almost like A Good Day to Die Hard, but what makes it like A Good Day to Die Hard is actually detailed than just revealed. I also have to say it has the worst casting. Jean-Claude Van Damme plays a French-Canadian RCMP, andEnemies Closer is almost like A Good Day to Die Hard, but what makes it like A Good Day to Die Hard is actually detailed than just revealed. I also have to say it has the worst casting. Jean-Claude Van Damme plays a French-Canadian RCMP, and it takes place in a park located near the US-Canadian border, even though the movie was filmed in Bulgaria. Expand