7.7

1. Jul 16, 2014
    From the director who always portray women's perspective of stories. Sadly, it was one of the final movie of James Gandolfini. He just came and go in his movie that I did not noticed him till 'Welcome to the Riley'. I praised his performance in that flick and again he was so great in this movie, I totally impressed. This movie is about the divorced parents and their second chance to commit in a relationship. Very nicely and realistically told story which had plenty of humor.

Eva, a middle aged single mother who works as a masseuse meets a divorced man, Albert at a party. It all starts as a casual meeting, then they begin to find similarities. Especially whose first marriage was broke and now they regret for that. So cautiously move their relationship to the next level who are desperately looking to work it out. In the end, every relationship got faults and how they are going to keep it going patching all the flaws is what the story explains.

‘‘I know this sounds corny... But you broke my heart.’’

I found it so good. When there are no popular actors, then it must be a B movie or television movie, but in this case it is hard to differentiate. It was top class in all the category. A specially made flick for middle aged people. It was a romantic-comedy, but make us contemplate back to our life. The lead pair was excellent together, perhaps chemistry between them worked out. This kind of low budget with not so popular actors won't do great commercial business, but get appreciated in a small circle gives a fine support for future similar projects.

Beside Gandolfini, Julia Louis-Dreyfus as well enchanted with her spellbind performance. She can make a good actress with story like this than being only a television star. She's not too far from taking a fine position like what Julia Roberts, and others doing now. I would love to see her again in a major flicks. This movie is not for everyone and I don't think teens (not every teen) would enjoy it than adults. It speaks about the life, the modern life crisis who faced divorce unintentionally. In one word, it is a beautiful portrait.
  2. Jun 13, 2014
    " a delight ". So far its just romantic , funny and amusing it just is. thank you director/writer Nicole Holofcener. Grade A+......................................................
  3. Jan 18, 2014
    I'm a psychologist in my day job (when I'm not reviewing movies, ha!) and have to say that the story really rang true with me. It just felt really authentic, about people who are human and have quirks and don't always make the best decisions, but who ultimately just want to be loved. And I, in turn, loved this movie. It had great heart, was thoughtfully done, and portrays candid emotions that we all go through in love and loss. I loved Julia Louis-Dreyfus and adored James Gandolfini in it. It also was a very funny movie, I laughed out loud several times. Like, it was actually that funny. Rave reviews, highly recommend it. Expand
  4. Jan 4, 2014
    This is a charming film with great performances by James Gandolfini and Julia Louis-Dreyfus. The chemistry between the two is what most romantic comedies wish they could have. A
  5. Oct 31, 2013
    This movie made my laugh, cry, and remember that life is short. Mr. Gandolfini will be missed.
    But this is a fantastic last movie, and Julia Louise Dreyfuss puts in an excellent performance that is worthy of an Oscar. Great little movie. Moved my heart like "Beginners." We need more magic movies.
  6. Sep 29, 2013
    Julia Louis-Dreyfus and James Gandolflini are excellent in this movie. Ben Falcone is great too. The movie is touching, comical and romantic. I loved it. Both main characters are gentle souls and really seem made for each other; their on-screen chemistry is amazing.
  7. Sep 23, 2013
    LTIH keeps me coming back, for sure. I enjoy all the characters and story lines and each episode is better than the last. This is an interesting set of characters, and well acted, even though they may find themselves in rather contrived situations, such as a car theft and ensuing chase by elderly drivers, or locked in a creepy mansion. The one-on-one conversations are superb. I can't wait for the next episode and season. Expand
  8. Sep 20, 2013
    It’s at this fine-grained observation of human folly that Holofcener excels, without ever abandoning her compassion for her wayward, fumbling characters. A subplot about Eva’s best friend’s inability to fire her housekeeper gestures, a bit too obliquely, at social satire (Holofcener’s last two films, Friends With Money and Please Give, dealt more explicitly with matters of class and social mobility). But I appreciate that this movie doesn’t make us choose between context-based character humor and snappy romantic banter—instead, it provides both in great bounty. Elaine Benes and Tony Soprano may seem an unlikely pairing, but Louis-Dreyfus and Gandolfini make strangely persuasive bedfellows—in fact, they’re one of the most impossible-not-to-root-for on-screen couples in recent memory. Gandolfini, by all accounts, was a gentle, modest, and sensitive man who felt emotionally depleted by the violent, dark roles he was generally called on to play in the wake of The Sopranos. Here, we get a glimpse of the second career he could have had as a light comedic heartthrob. That it won’t ever come to be is only one of countless reasons to wish Gandolfini were still around. Expand

1. Reviewed by: James Mottram
    Oct 21, 2013
    Assured, adult filmmaking from a writer/director who knows her way around the ups and downs of relationships.
  2. Reviewed by: Cath Clarke
    Oct 15, 2013
    Nicole Holofcener has a reputation for making Woody Allen-ish chick-flicks. Which sounds like a snidey compliment. Enough Said is her best yet.
  3. Reviewed by: David Denby