2.1

1. Jun 26, 2016
    It has it's funny moments and some good parodies but overall I find the movie annoying and gross. The characters are only good while there doing gags. This movie deserves a skip.
  2. Jan 3, 2016
    This movie isn't even.... epic. Hence my first part of my username has 'Epic' in it, yet I can't even believe I used that part right and this movie didn't and I didn't even try it.
  3. Dec 22, 2015
    I'm so tired and bored trashing on spoof serial killers Friedberg and Seltzer, because they made so many god-awful parodies, apparently they don't have the IQ of 10 because they keep making unfunny terribly made spoofs just to torture us smart people. These two filmmakers don't even have an audience (well expect half witted people). The only reason why I am giving this a low score is justI'm so tired and bored trashing on spoof serial killers Friedberg and Seltzer, because they made so many god-awful parodies, apparently they don't have the IQ of 10 because they keep making unfunny terribly made spoofs just to torture us smart people. These two filmmakers don't even have an audience (well expect half witted people). The only reason why I am giving this a low score is just because it was at least not boring, it had a few funny moments. Four troubled adult orphans (Kal Penn, Adam Campbell who also starred in Date Movie, Faune Chambers and Jayma Mays) from four separate movies are in this spoof blockbuster, each of them get a golden ticket from the Wily Wonka Factory, their trip doesn't go as well as planned so their kidnapped. Lucy (Mays) discovers a closet that has a mythic realm called Narnia. So the four orphans enter this realm which they must escape, a which called "White **** is hunting for them. The cast is talented they have been in good films but they must been there for the pay checks. Crispin Glover who was great in Back In The Future, this film is the worst in his career. Grade D- Expand
  4. Mar 16, 2015
    These filmmakers have to understand that pop-culture gags and parodies just don't work without anything else supporting them, particularly a cohesive plot and actual humour. This films lacks both to a disastrous effect.
  5. Mar 13, 2015
    Pointless, crass, and not even funny in a vulgar way. Someone should unleash the hounds of hell to hunt down the people who make these films, they're representative of everything that blows in America. There are boatloads of movies that are decent, so why shell out your bread on this kind of empty-headed crap?
  6. Dec 21, 2014
    why have i wasted my life watching this terrible so called parody. it thinks if it takes a film thinks that if it makes a reference to a film and adds some sort of disgusting toilet or lame shock humour it counts as parody well no it doesn't and these writers really need to retire for all our collective sanity's
  7. Dec 3, 2014
    I understand that there are people who like this movie because they want to see the world burn. I even heard some people talking that this is the best example of a great comedy....

This... Is... An... Abomination.. To every comedy there is!
    This is not funny, this is a torture. I'm glad that the people who reviewed it actually made it to their pc's.
    0/10 Don't watch this
  8. Aug 28, 2014
    Even though I've seen most of the movies that were used to create this parody, I found "Epic Movie" less funny than I honestly expected it would be.

Perhaps the best usage of a character was that of "The Pirates of the Carribean"'s Jack Sparrow - mostly because Jack Swallow was so like the original.

Altogether, "Epic Movie" was a bit too forced, to say the truth.
  9. Aug 20, 2014
    This tackling the action/adventure genre such as The Chronicles of Narnia, Epic Movie is yet another edition to this terrible series of 'spoof' (and I use that term in the loosest sense) movies. The lack of talent it must take to create something so poor is frankly mind boggling and the sooner people stop paying to watch these things the better.
  10. Jun 26, 2014
    MOST GREATEST PEICE OF ART I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!!! :) GREAT STORY! GREAT ACTORS! GREAT SCREENPLAY!!! YOU CAN REALLY RELATE TO THE CHARACTERS!!! GREAT EVERYTHING. I GIVE IT A 10 AND THAT RARELY EVER DO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
  11. Jan 1, 2014
    Epic Movie has atrocious comedy, acting and ridiculous premise. I know this is what parodies are meant to have but in that case Epic Move fails at being a parody, which I never knew was possible.
  12. Oct 27, 2013
    This insulting, disgusting movie is just inappropriate and wrong. If you're waiting for a decent story, you are obviously going to notice that the story is maybe even non-existent. What about the humor? Yeah, because this movie is made for laughs, right? NO! THIS PIECE OF CRAP IS DISGUSTING RATHER THAN FUNNY! IT'S A PIECE OF JUNK!!! Do not even think about buying this crap. (Final Score: 0.00)
  13. Aug 31, 2013
    Awful picture!! The directors of this movie are absolutely stupid. One of the worst films ever made. Never ever try to watch it. You will waste your money and your free time!! An epic fail!
  14. Aug 13, 2013
    I think most people will agree with me when I say that Epic Movie.......is an Epic Fail. It may not be as bad as Disaster Movie but that doesn't stop it from being totally unfunny and cringingly bad.
  15. Jul 23, 2013
    Epic Movie just tried to do too much. They tried to parody every movie possible it seemed like.
    Epic movie had potential and could have been really funny. Instead we were given a long crapfest.
  16. Jul 15, 2013
    la ridicules la estupides y esas cosas no van conmigo, una pelicula totalmente mediocre y.............................................................
  17. Jun 21, 2013
    These parody movies are terrible but some what genies because they make so much money of this crap. The jokes are stupid but I have to admit there where 1 or 2 jokes that made he go "hehe" but that was it.

Don't watch this crap.
  18. Jun 1, 2013
    If the raunchy stupid Scary Movie trilogy wasn't enough, Epic Movie takes the spoof collection by wind. Director Jason Seltzer has included spoofs of The Lion the Witch And The Wardrobe- Superbad style, Samuel. L Jackson, Charlie And The Chocolate Factory- Sweeny Todd style, Superman, and Harlord and Kumar White Castle no offence- kal penn). Epic Movie may go down to be the worst spoofsIf the raunchy stupid Scary Movie trilogy wasn't enough, Epic Movie takes the spoof collection by wind. Director Jason Seltzer has included spoofs of The Lion the Witch And The Wardrobe- Superbad style, Samuel. L Jackson, Charlie And The Chocolate Factory- Sweeny Todd style, Superman, and Harlord and Kumar White Castle no offence- kal penn). Epic Movie may go down to be the worst spoofs in history. Expand
  19. Mar 29, 2013
    Hey look Entertainment Weekly gave this movie a good score! How about that?! Anyways, this movie is just 'Disaster Movie' except they got the title wrong this time.
  20. Oct 26, 2012
    A mindless film made by two directors without talent, with lame gags, unfunny stereotypes of homosexuals and expensive sets. Friedberg and Seltzer must sell hot dogs instead direct any film.
  21. Aug 14, 2012
    Surely one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life, parody films hardly hit, just as some franchise "Scary Movie". No comments, bad from start to finish. If you want to preserve the health of your eyes, do not watch this movie.
  22. Jun 10, 2012
    Atrocious. Just atrocious. Doesn't the fact that the directors got nominated for 5 Razzies over their careers (including one for Worst Screenplay for "Epic Movie") indicate how bad this is? Gosh... I don't even know why I watched this. I might have hoped there will be something funny, I guess. Some of their work was interesting at first - "Scary Movie" to be more precise. And after that,Atrocious. Just atrocious. Doesn't the fact that the directors got nominated for 5 Razzies over their careers (including one for Worst Screenplay for "Epic Movie") indicate how bad this is? Gosh... I don't even know why I watched this. I might have hoped there will be something funny, I guess. Some of their work was interesting at first - "Scary Movie" to be more precise. And after that, they've been trying to milk the same cow for over a decade now, and it's not working. It hasn't worked since "Scary Movie 3", really, and it probably will never work again. The sad thing is, that people still give them money to produce the crap they do. The world we live in.... Expand
  23. May 5, 2012
    The makes of Epic Movie managed to put in a ridiculous number of movie references. Too bad no one told them that wasn't enough. This movie just isn't funny.
  24. May 5, 2012
    The movie relied too much on bodily humor and pop culture references and not enough funny. I didn't laugh, but rather felt embarrassed when watching this movie in the theatre. My sister and I went to see Scary movie 4 in theatres and thought it was decent, it gave us a few laughs. So when we saw this movie made by the same directors we thought it might give us a few laughs. But in the endThe movie relied too much on bodily humor and pop culture references and not enough funny. I didn't laugh, but rather felt embarrassed when watching this movie in the theatre. My sister and I went to see Scary movie 4 in theatres and thought it was decent, it gave us a few laughs. So when we saw this movie made by the same directors we thought it might give us a few laughs. But in the end it was nothing but gross humor with little comedy whatsoever. This movie should have been called "Epic Fail". Expand
  25. Jan 26, 2012
    Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer don't know a lot about directing movies. Its more like a Moronic Movie than an Epic Movie because they make morons out of too many actors from too many good movies. Especially Kal Penn and Crispin Glover.
  26. Dec 10, 2011
    One of the worst films I have ever seen. The only reason it doesn't have a 0 is because I don't know if I could bring myself to give anything less then 1. I'd highly recommend that anybody with any shred of common sense steer well clear of this film. Get as far away as possible from this atrocity.
  27. Nov 17, 2011
    Epic Movie comes nowhere close to being epic, it should been called "Failure Movie" from what I see. The plot is just plain dumb and stupid, it just parodies other movies to make for another retard movie. The acting is kind of bad in this one and the script consists of toilet jokes. This is not the recipe for an epic movie. i can't say anything good about it. I'm sorry. Overall "EpicEpic Movie comes nowhere close to being epic, it should been called "Failure Movie" from what I see. The plot is just plain dumb and stupid, it just parodies other movies to make for another retard movie. The acting is kind of bad in this one and the script consists of toilet jokes. This is not the recipe for an epic movie. i can't say anything good about it. I'm sorry. Overall "Epic Movie" sucks, the Scary Movies are pretty bad and Epic Movie is the same. Except worse. Epic Movie does not deserve to have "Epic" in it's title. You know what's epic? The Godfather, Saving Private Ryan, Inception, Bourne, The Dark Knight. They deserve the title of Epic but this gets the title of "One of the Worst Movies Ever". I hate this movie. Breakdown for "Epic Movie": Presentation: 1.7, Plot: 1.5, Acting: 1.5, Dialogue: .8, Lasting Appeal: .5. Score: 1.3 out of 10 "Disaster". Expand
  28. Sep 20, 2011
    Seltzerberg are the worse directors ever. As bad as they are, at least Ed Wood films have camp value and Uwe Boll made Rampage.

Seltzerberg, Epic Movie including, has no redeeming value whatsoever. Words can't describe the horrible abomination that is Epic Movie.
  29. Sep 4, 2011
    Probably the best film Jason Friedberg & Aaron Seltzer have ever written. But, still, it's utterly terrible. The humour is cheap - not in a good way - and the performances are simply lame. How could it possibly get worse from there? Well, just check out every film they've written since this one.
  30. Jul 8, 2011
    Worst movie I've ever spent money on, why do they do these things I found one part funny, the Willy Wonka dance to Fergalicious the rest is well.....*place expletive here*
  31. Apr 2, 2011
    Not the slightest bit epic in any sense of the word. I like some spoof movies, I didn't mind the first Scary Movie or the third (sorry), but this one is a clear example of why spoof movies are so critically hated. The film trys to be in with the crowd by making jokes that are modern, like cracking gags about cribs, Paris Hilton and any bloody film that came out in the year or so beforeNot the slightest bit epic in any sense of the word. I like some spoof movies, I didn't mind the first Scary Movie or the third (sorry), but this one is a clear example of why spoof movies are so critically hated. The film trys to be in with the crowd by making jokes that are modern, like cracking gags about cribs, Paris Hilton and any bloody film that came out in the year or so before this one. At least this movie trys and makes jokes, unlike some lesser spoof films *cough*DisasterMovie*cough*, its just a shame every jokes falls flatter than a steamrolled pancake. Name one scene or joke in this film you find funny, and i'll cart you off to a mental institution, and nothing with Fred Willard counts, no matter how awesome he is Expand
  32. Mar 10, 2011
    A poor excuse for a parody, heck it's even a poor excuse for a movie, it's just so stupid, I hated every second of it, even if your a fan of the writers you'll hate this movie.
  33. Nov 25, 2010
    Worst "comedy" I think I have ever seen. The only reason I give it a single point was that some of the jokes were almost worth a chuckle. Almost. But everything else about this piece of crap just stinks.
  34. Nov 4, 2010
    Scary Movie is way better. this movie sucks. if people like it, thats fine with me.
  35. RasmusC.
    Apr 26, 2010
    Found it funny when I was 13. Not ever since.
  36. DonovanJ.
    Nov 5, 2009
    Painfully unfunny one of the worst movies i have ever watched. people who like this shit have no taste.
  37. ChrisS
    Oct 18, 2009
    This is ten times worse than straight to DVD quality but yet this was shown in cinemas across the world.
  38. KeenanS
    Oct 17, 2009
    It comes as no surprise to me that the hacks behind this film have more online petitions against them than Uwe Boll. There are literally sites that want them to just die. Epic Movie is absolutely horrendous in every way, and only serves as a sadistic torture device (Hm, imagine a horror film in which victims are tortured with this film). Epic Movie is so awful, it's almost as bad as It comes as no surprise to me that the hacks behind this film have more online petitions against them than Uwe Boll. There are literally sites that want them to just die. Epic Movie is absolutely horrendous in every way, and only serves as a sadistic torture device (Hm, imagine a horror film in which victims are tortured with this film). Epic Movie is so awful, it's almost as bad as Disaster Movie, but not quite. More like epic piece of shit! Friedberg and Seltzer must be stopped! Expand
  39. benjaminb
    Aug 12, 2009
    The only worse movie than this is, meet the Spartans.
  40. TannerJF
    Jun 5, 2009
    One funny part: When Crispin Glover danced to Fergalicious. Juss fast forward to that and consider yourself lucky.
  41. RandomCritic
    Mar 28, 2009
    People actually think this s**t is FUNNY ?!?!?! How do you work that? The plot is thinner than water-based tomato soup, the lines are written with nothing on the brain but vulgarity and lame pop-culture references, the "parodies" are not, in fact, parodies at all, merely a bunch of nobody actors playing dress-up, and two minutes cannot go by without someone getting beaten up/ killed, People actually think this s**t is FUNNY ?!?!?! How do you work that? The plot is thinner than water-based tomato soup, the lines are written with nothing on the brain but vulgarity and lame pop-culture references, the "parodies" are not, in fact, parodies at all, merely a bunch of nobody actors playing dress-up, and two minutes cannot go by without someone getting beaten up/ killed, splattered with excretement of some kind, sexually violated/exposed, insulted, or madly burst into breakdancing and rapping. This movie is nothing but hostile and offensive, and should have been rated R. F**K YOU JASON FRIEDBURG AND AARON SELTZER!!! Do us all a favor and stop making this s**t!!! Expand
  42. KM
    Mar 19, 2009
    I will be honest this is only good if you watch it for the first time and are in a good mood or if you are really bored. However, there are some extremely funny moments in this film that are hard not to laugh at.
  43. WhyNot?
    Feb 2, 2009
    Epic fail. I've never even seen the movie -- this grade is from watching the trailers.
  44. AshleyR.
    Jan 6, 2009
    Very amusing, in some parts childish but ties in well known charecters much better than previous 'movie' titles
  45. KevinT.
    Aug 22, 2008
    Homeade Youtube videos are funnier than this bull. How can a person over 12 with a fully functioning mind mind find this crap funny.
  46. JaeQ
    Aug 11, 2008
    I really dun get it, why do they keep making these movies, is there anyone in the world that finds them the least bit funny??? Everyone liked scary movie because as crazy as it was it had a some sort of plotline and horror movies are easy to make fun of, but date movie, this, super hero movie, what the fuck?
  47. LauriR.
    Aug 5, 2008
    My general agenda is that there is something lovable in exceptionally bad movies. Maybe it's the fact that you can rave about them to your buddies and that doing so makes you look like a snob critic that knows a lot about movies and what makes them bad. On the other hand, it might be the comforting thought of knowing that the next movie you watch probably can't sink lower My general agenda is that there is something lovable in exceptionally bad movies. Maybe it's the fact that you can rave about them to your buddies and that doing so makes you look like a snob critic that knows a lot about movies and what makes them bad. On the other hand, it might be the comforting thought of knowing that the next movie you watch probably can't sink lower anymore. The saddest thing in this movie is, that it can't even accomplish those goals. It's been a while since I watched it and I can't remember a single line from it. This movie is just so utter waste of time that I didn't even bother to file it under the "hilariously bad movies" folder in my mind. Doing that much would've been a definitive waste of brain capacity. All the review I'm going to give is this: Don't watch this. You can find better things to do with your time, go cure cancer or something. Expand
  48. MikeJR
    Jun 13, 2008
    I had the worst time sitting in the cinema during this movie as it was so boring and unfunny. I couldn't believe I wasted my money to watch this piece of worthless crap
  49. DaveS.
    Jun 5, 2008
    This movie is totally epic because it is so bad.
  50. ScottS
    Jun 1, 2008
    Absolutely terrible. This movie is vulgar and very inappropriate. I got it at Blockbuster and thought it would be a crack up like Napolean Dynomite, but instead it was an inappropriate, once again, vulgar movie. And you wonder where these 10, 11, 12, 13 etc. year olds are getting their vulgar stuff from. What kind of looney would make such a movie?!
  51. AlexG.
    Apr 11, 2008
    Quite obviously other critics despite the odd few have a sense of humor, although Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer may not have a complete grasp on what you should and shouldn't spoof, this film still grabs epic films by the nec and chokes the life out of them metaphorically. they should have lost the Borat spoof as there is not another man in the world that can impersonate Borat Quite obviously other critics despite the odd few have a sense of humor, although Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer may not have a complete grasp on what you should and shouldn't spoof, this film still grabs epic films by the nec and chokes the life out of them metaphorically. they should have lost the Borat spoof as there is not another man in the world that can impersonate Borat and spoof him at the same time. All in all a very funny film. Jack Swallows is the best character there. Expand
  52. SamK
    Mar 15, 2008
    Awful, not funny, and why did they call it "Epic Movie" it's almost all a really bad Narnia remake. I would have gave it a 2 if it's title was "A Very Bad Narnia remake/parody that had a mild success due to 11 year olds finding it funny, but really it's not".
  53. ChadE.
    Mar 9, 2008
    Best part is when it makes fun of Samuel L Jackson on the plane. Probobly one of the stupidest movies ive ever seen.
  54. KingJ.
    Feb 9, 2008
    The only funny thing about this movie is the terrible reviews it received.
  55. ChrisC.
    Jan 29, 2008
    I laughed once. It wasn't even a full laugh. I went to the theater with my friends to see it (who are admittedly younger than me), and it took several minutes after a scene for me to completely fathom the fact that they were laughing at it. It's not that the people who give the movie bad reviews don't have a good sense of humor; it's that the Scary Movie directors have I laughed once. It wasn't even a full laugh. I went to the theater with my friends to see it (who are admittedly younger than me), and it took several minutes after a scene for me to completely fathom the fact that they were laughing at it. It's not that the people who give the movie bad reviews don't have a good sense of humor; it's that the Scary Movie directors have lost their sense of humor, and those who liked it have a pitifully immature ense of humor. I have a very childish sense of humor, and I get hyper and laugh very easily, but scarfing down sugar during this movie was not enough to get more than a chuckle out of me. That so many other people were laughing is a bad sign for American society. Expand
  56. ClintH.
    Jan 28, 2008
    This movie was not made to entertain. It was made to remind you that parodies nowadays are filled with jokes nobody can handle. A few good laughs are in it, but are not enough to save this film from being a total bomb.
  57. PhilS.
    Jan 4, 2008
    They put so much effort into duplicating the costumes and locations of the movies they're imitating, but they forgot to make it entertaining. "Epic movie" is not funny; in fact it becomes very irritating very quickly. Avoid, avoid, avoid.
  58. SteveJ.
    Dec 31, 2007
    'll say one nice thing about Epic Movie: it tries really hard to be funny, and I give it credit for trying. In every other way, though, the movie is unfunny to a whole new level. I beifly considered laughing once or twice, but never ended up doing so while watching. The movie attempts to spoof everything it can legally, which brings up the questions of how it could possibly have any 'll say one nice thing about Epic Movie: it tries really hard to be funny, and I give it credit for trying. In every other way, though, the movie is unfunny to a whole new level. I beifly considered laughing once or twice, but never ended up doing so while watching. The movie attempts to spoof everything it can legally, which brings up the questions of how it could possibly have any quality plot or humor. Guess what, it doesn't. Seriously, when it's your job to write comedies and you find yourself spoofing a spoof within a spoof of a spoof, you need to reconsider your career choices. I am referring to the Pirates of the Carribian-style "Lazy Pirate Sunday" about halfway through the film, which is also the point I stopped watching. Life is too short. All copies of this movie need to be destroyed, and the creators should be burned at the stake. Anyone who gives this movie a good review needs to find their way back to the Insane Assylum. Expand
  59. SamN.
    Dec 29, 2007
    This is a travesty. A terrible, terrible, movie that is completely devoid of laughs, characters, and a brain. I loathed this movie. why did I loathe this movie? Because I don't think random celebrity cameos, poop jokes, and the word 'bitch' are funny. Apparently, the people that liked the movie do. Sucks for them.
  60. SomeGuy
    Dec 26, 2007
    This movie sucked. I liked the Scary Movies (even the 4th one gave me a few laughs), Date Movie was a real let down but this is just horrible. Only two mildly funny bits- the Cribs ripoff (complete with flatscreens in the toilet bowl) and the bit where Kanye West popped up and said the White Bitch didn't care about black people. After that, nothing. Just a whole bunch of unfunny This movie sucked. I liked the Scary Movies (even the 4th one gave me a few laughs), Date Movie was a real let down but this is just horrible. Only two mildly funny bits- the Cribs ripoff (complete with flatscreens in the toilet bowl) and the bit where Kanye West popped up and said the White Bitch didn't care about black people. After that, nothing. Just a whole bunch of unfunny jokes and cringe worthy musical numbers. Were these guys trying to make a comedy or a musical? It's like they saw Idlewild and thought the idea of a 'hip-hop musical' was good, so all of a sudden everyone in the film starts breakdancing for no reason, scratch decks materialise out of thin air and everyone starts rapping. And this happens every five minutes. It's pathetic and definitely not funny. Some advice for Mr '2 of the 6 writer of Scary Movie'- cut out all the dumbass 'whiteys trying to be black' musical numbers. Instead, focus on writing some decent jokes, link them together with a serviceable story and your next film may be almost watchable. Expand
  61. CyrilF.
    Dec 17, 2007
    Excellent movie. The setting is marvellous. Story is great.
  62. JasonF
    Dec 16, 2007
    Honestly Ii try to find the best in movies such as these. but this movie was just so bad you wanted to scream at the writers for messing up so many possibly funny situations. These people made scary movie? An embarrassment to comedy.
  63. Bruce
    Dec 2, 2007
    This movie is horrible. It claims to be a comedy but there isn't much funny about it. After I rented it I felt like I should ask Blockbuster to refund my money.
  64. DanyC.
    Nov 30, 2007
    Loads of low reviews, these people don't know what an AKA Scary movie but with epic porportions is. This is more entertaining, funny, and overall amazing than any of the scary movies.
  65. AlfanosA.
    Nov 30, 2007
    This movie is great but the a lot of people have no sence of humor and think it is stupid.
  66. RyanS
    Nov 16, 2007
    I came to the movie expecting more of the same from the Scary Movies. This means that I didn't dis-like this film for it's stupidity, terrible story & kind-of-lame jokes. That is expected & makes these movies fun to watch. The problem is IT WASN"T FUNNY!?! I mean, one or 2 scenes gave me a chuckle, which saves this review from a zero. I paid 2 dollars to see this movie & it was I came to the movie expecting more of the same from the Scary Movies. This means that I didn't dis-like this film for it's stupidity, terrible story & kind-of-lame jokes. That is expected & makes these movies fun to watch. The problem is IT WASN"T FUNNY!?! I mean, one or 2 scenes gave me a chuckle, which saves this review from a zero. I paid 2 dollars to see this movie & it was worth that, but not worth 3 hours of my time... Expand
  67. WilliamT
    Nov 9, 2007
    It's as funny as watching your house burn down. The spoofs are as spoof-like as Hitler and Ghandi. The jokes rely on potty humour. The acting relies on potty humor. The stupidness of the jokes that made Airplane!, Hot Shots! and the Naked Gun so brilliant is taken so overboard, that they are not even stupid anymore but a cry for help from 2 of the 6 writers of scary movie that asks: It's as funny as watching your house burn down. The spoofs are as spoof-like as Hitler and Ghandi. The jokes rely on potty humour. The acting relies on potty humor. The stupidness of the jokes that made Airplane!, Hot Shots! and the Naked Gun so brilliant is taken so overboard, that they are not even stupid anymore but a cry for help from 2 of the 6 writers of scary movie that asks: "SOMEONE PLEASE TELL US WHAT A GOOD JOKE FOR THIS SCENE WILL BE? OK WE"LL JUST THROW IN SOMEONE GETTING RUN OVER" As you can tell, I didn't like Epic Movie that much. Expand
  68. MichaelR.
    Oct 24, 2007
    Top 10 worst movie ever.only one good scene and that was with Carmen Electra. Flat out not funny except for that 1 scene.
  69. ErinJ.
    Sep 3, 2007
    I can't believe someone with a brain produced this. i wish that i had never seen it.
  70. NigelH
    Aug 30, 2007
    Worst film I have ever seen. It's so disgustingly unfunny I don't see how anyone can think it is worthy of 1 penny to see it.
  71. RavenX301
    Aug 27, 2007
    The only joke that i kinda laughed at and still think is kinda clever is the joke about Willy wanting the young girl to polish his knob...and so she cleans his door knob. Mainly because its kind of a complete throw away joke that you may not catch on to because you are so amazed that people could actually create this terrible piece of trash....to tel you the truth I only could set through The only joke that i kinda laughed at and still think is kinda clever is the joke about Willy wanting the young girl to polish his knob...and so she cleans his door knob. Mainly because its kind of a complete throw away joke that you may not catch on to because you are so amazed that people could actually create this terrible piece of trash....to tel you the truth I only could set through about 30 some mins without shutting it off. This was so terrible I can't believe that someone with a brain wrote this and then had the MONEY$$ to be able to create this terrible, terrible skit movie....I mean....The Samuel Jackson bit has been done to DEATH (best by Dave Chapelle) and other terrible bodily fluid jokes are way back in the 90's (which is even worse then using something form the 80's!) Expand
  72. BrianN
    Aug 14, 2007
    groan inducing and excruciatingly awful. merely referencing a movie does not make the scene funny. if you like this movie you are an idiot.
  73. MarkB
    Aug 14, 2007
    Even though the old critical saw about parody being the lowest form of humor is absolutely untrue, the visible stench rays emanating from this epic commode-clogger are noxious enough to make anybody forget just how good such varied examples of the genre as The Court Jester, Blazing Saddles, Airplane!, Shaun of the Dead and many others actually are. This is the work of the miscreants who Even though the old critical saw about parody being the lowest form of humor is absolutely untrue, the visible stench rays emanating from this epic commode-clogger are noxious enough to make anybody forget just how good such varied examples of the genre as The Court Jester, Blazing Saddles, Airplane!, Shaun of the Dead and many others actually are. This is the work of the miscreants who inflicted Date Movie on the world last year, but that one at least deserved to be cut a little slack because Alyson Hannigan was so genuinely charming in it, and because at least it was disciplined and focused enough to target a specific movie genre: the most popular and profitable romantic comedies and "chick flicks" of the last twenty years. If Epic Movie had centered on GENUINE movie epics such as Ben-Hur, Spartacus, Doctor Zhivago and Gladiator, I might have at least tossed it some grudging respect, but the moviemakers simply offer up instant replays of many of last year's box office hits and also-rans (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Chronicles of Narnia, and the Harry Potter and Pirates of the Caribbean franchises take center stage, but in whose alternate universe can Nacho Libre, Borat and Click be considered epics in any way, shape or form?) On second thought, even if you wanted to stretch semantics farther than the Guinness record holder for the longest rubber band, writer-directors Jason Friedburg and Aaron Seltzer deserve censure not only for the Cousteau-like depths of stupidity, meanness and pure ugliness they repeatedly demonstrate or for their absolute incompetence at staging jokes (or what they consider to be jokes) but also for the utter laziness and cynicism with which they serve them up, as though they didn't have to even TRY to do better. (And sadly, since this was a mild box office hit, they were probably right.) The result is such a depressing, abysmal black hole that the very few exceptions (Darrell Hammond's letter-perfect impersonation of Johnny Depp's Jack Swallows--er, Sparrow; the sheer professionalism that comic actors Jennifer Coolidge and Tony Cox always bring to their work, even if they really need to fire their agents) register not so much as bright spots than merely as less dim ones. Worst performance of all--and Epic Movie's worst crime--is given by Jayma Mays, a very cute actress who completely stole my heart a couple of years ago as a beleaguered hotel employee in Wes Craven's Red Eye. Here, as one of four ethnically disparate siblings who discover some Wonka-like Golden Tickets to desperately contrived adventure, Mays is thoroughly amateurish, even seeming to forget her lines at times. Perhaps Mays needed to ingest huge quantities of drugs to get through the making of this garbage, but not nearly as much as we moviegoers need to shoot, snort or gulp to get through the experience of WATCHING it! Expand
  74. ArjunK
    Jul 19, 2007
    The movie was really funny. Cant figure out the bad reviews. You can at least watch once.
  75. MiriamM
    Jul 7, 2007
    Being a 14 year pld girl, who loves a good parody film, I went along to this. Terrible. Not one funny line, worst movie I have ever seen.
  76. WillL
    Jul 6, 2007
    I'm a big fan of spoofs, and even though I had heard this movie was bad I still wanted to see for myself, hoping it was stupid enough to make me laugh. Yes, it was stupid, but in the worst way possible. All of the spoofs boasted in the commercials lasted for maybe 30 seconds. The acting was horrible. I feel like they had a lot of good material from recent movies to work with, but I'm a big fan of spoofs, and even though I had heard this movie was bad I still wanted to see for myself, hoping it was stupid enough to make me laugh. Yes, it was stupid, but in the worst way possible. All of the spoofs boasted in the commercials lasted for maybe 30 seconds. The acting was horrible. I feel like they had a lot of good material from recent movies to work with, but they failed miserably. Expand
  77. Mike453
    Jun 29, 2007
    Definitely a piece of sh.t, impressions were terrible and there were no great jokes. Parody films are getting worse and worse.
  78. AMovieCritic
    Jun 24, 2007
    Alright, I'm never someone who does this. I have never given a movie a 0 and always try to find something I like about every movie I see. I love the spoof genre and thought the Scary Movie's, Not Another Teen Movie, etc. etc. etc. were great. Epic Movie, though....I just can not believe it. The writing is so horrible, the jokes so desperately unfunny, the characters so Alright, I'm never someone who does this. I have never given a movie a 0 and always try to find something I like about every movie I see. I love the spoof genre and thought the Scary Movie's, Not Another Teen Movie, etc. etc. etc. were great. Epic Movie, though....I just can not believe it. The writing is so horrible, the jokes so desperately unfunny, the characters so annoying....I was just in shock when the credits rolled. This is, I think, the worst movie I have ever, EVER, seen in my entire life. In all honesty, this movie was so bad it was painful. I can not believe that anyone in their right minds thought this was funny. Kal Penn should be ashamed of himself.... Expand
  79. JAZZYK
    Jun 24, 2007
    Horrible movie!!! I just sat there the entire time going "oh lord here we go". I didn't even laugh once, because it was predictable stupidity, and alot of it made no sense. I wish they would focus on making dumb movies like this, actually funny, so we could all laugh.
  80. AlecB.
    Jun 22, 2007
    Agreeing with the 4 people below me by this being one of the worst movie ever made. I mean i thought date movie was atrocious so they have to make another one c'mon. This movie is mostly 4 kids that still think saying poop , and bitch is funny. I gave this film a 1 because i had a minor laugh at the very end of the film and thats about it.
  81. SuleimanM.
    Jun 22, 2007
    In an attempt to do a Scary movie rip off, Epic movie fails at everything. Quite a horrible movie, and a torture to watch. Word from the wise, stay away from this movie.
  82. LZ.
    May 29, 2007
    This should
  83. CharlesT.
    May 28, 2007
    Possibly one of the worst comedy/anything ever made. Not even a movie.
  84. AlisaH.
    May 27, 2007
    I wish I could give it lower than a zero, but oh well. Now I was looking forward to this movie, I thought, "wow, I was hoping someone would make a smart parody on all my favorite movies as long as it doesn't tick me off!". That's what it looked like, then I saw the movie, it made me EMBARASSED to even be in the theatre, sure one of my friends and I laughed once or twice but when I wish I could give it lower than a zero, but oh well. Now I was looking forward to this movie, I thought, "wow, I was hoping someone would make a smart parody on all my favorite movies as long as it doesn't tick me off!". That's what it looked like, then I saw the movie, it made me EMBARASSED to even be in the theatre, sure one of my friends and I laughed once or twice but when the Beaver and Goatguy started Frenching I felt sick. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go see something worthy of your attention like watching paint dry, that'd be loads better and more entertaining than that so called Epic Movie. Expand
  85. DanC.
    May 27, 2007
    Mildly amusing, intentionally stupid movie. Very occasionally a clever bit. I don't think it was nearly as bad as most people seem to. I was lightly entertained, which is all it set out to do. Jayma Mays is actually quite funny and has good comic timing.
  86. PnArdyPnArdy
    May 13, 2007
    a so so comedy
  87. zeno
    May 1, 2007
    Le parti veramente divertenti sono poche, e io mi aspettavo un film meno volgare.
  88. EthanRrr
    Apr 29, 2007
    I am a person who usually likes most movies he sees. I have only not liked 2 movies...this movie and rollerball. this movie was such a piece of trash I get flustered trying to think of a way to describe how bad it was
  89. RG
    Apr 22, 2007
    The worst film I have ever seen. The entire film is a crude, braindead, unfunny, childish parody that may as well have been dreamed up by a five year old.
  90. AdamE.
    Apr 19, 2007
    The utter depravation of wit, relevance or anything representing the 20,000,000 dollars put into this supposed comedy is sure to ruin any weekend movie excursion. Avoid at all costs.
  91. Brendan
    Apr 16, 2007
    Despite poor acting, no storyline, stupid and pointless antics and some vile disgust the film may spark a laugh or to. But sadly for every decent joke there is another that makes no sense and have everyone scratching their head and asking "now why was that funny?" But if you are looking for a pointless laugh it could be enjoyable.
  92. PatE.
    Apr 3, 2007
    There are just no words to describe how awful and senseless this movie really is! Whoever actually went through the making of this film should have their eyes gouged out!
  93. RD.
    Mar 28, 2007
    Awful movie. Only funny moment was Silas hitting himself madly and Jack Swallows thin kwas quite funny. honestly, crispin glove rneeds to do better films other wise his nice career would be destroyed too.
  94. KimP.
    Mar 26, 2007
    I felt my IQ dropping just watching it. Horrible movie.
  95. TaylorA.
    Mar 22, 2007
    The "___" Movie franchise has progressively declined since it started. Now, with Epic Movie, it doesn't so much make fun of, satirize, or spoof any movies or pop culture as much as it does just state what there is about and in them. It was definitely not witty, hardly funny at all, and depressingly stupid. And overall, not entertaining. I'm giving it a one, because I did laugh The "___" Movie franchise has progressively declined since it started. Now, with Epic Movie, it doesn't so much make fun of, satirize, or spoof any movies or pop culture as much as it does just state what there is about and in them. It was definitely not witty, hardly funny at all, and depressingly stupid. And overall, not entertaining. I'm giving it a one, because I did laugh once at the part where everyone was frozen in time because one of the guys moved a bit. Expand
  96. SarahQ.
    Mar 18, 2007
    Finding out that I had terminal cancer wasn't nearly as terrible as this "film".
  97. NateC.
    Mar 10, 2007
    This is the worst movie I have ever seen in my entire life. What fell on these guys' heads when they were thinking up movies? This movie is vomit inducingly unfunny, unoriginal, and just plain awful. Period.
  98. ChadV.
    Mar 9, 2007
    Lauren -- When did they start letting retards use the interweb? Even "daft" ones like you? This movie is not daft and it is not fab. Epic movie is the kind of BM that wakes you up in the middle of the night before an important meeting early the next day: It is unplanned for crap that ruins everything that follows. Horrible, horrible movie.
  99. AddyC.
    Mar 9, 2007
    Utter s***e, only watched cuz one of my mates thought it'd be 'well funneh'. Gets 1 cos the guy who plays Jack Sparrow actually looks/sounds like him. Other than that, it'd be funnier to burn your money. Seriously :)

Overwhelming dislike - based on 17 Critics

Epic Movie is a waste of time. It's like a bad issue of "Cracked Magazine" come to life. It's not so much painful as it is sleep inducing.
    The sadists responsible for the painfully unfunny "Date Movie" (2006) are back, and this time they've outdone themselves: This theater-clearer is even less amusing than its terrible predecessor, a spoof so devoid of laughs it can longer be categorized as a comedy.
  3. Still, if it gets little else right, at least Epic Movie is accurately titled: It may be only 86 minutes long, but it feels as if it lasts forever.