2.1

1. Mar 16, 2015
    These filmmakers have to understand that pop-culture gags and parodies just don't work without anything else supporting them, particularly a cohesive plot and actual humour. This films lacks both to a disastrous effect.
  2. Mar 13, 2015
    Pointless, crass, and not even funny in a vulgar way. Someone should unleash the hounds of hell to hunt down the people who make these films, they're representative of everything that blows in America. There are boatloads of movies that are decent, so why shell out your bread on this kind of empty-headed crap?
  3. Dec 21, 2014
    why have i wasted my life watching this terrible so called parody. it thinks if it takes a film thinks that if it makes a reference to a film and adds some sort of disgusting toilet or lame shock humour it counts as parody well no it doesn't and these writers really need to retire for all our collective sanity's
  4. Dec 3, 2014
    I understand that there are people who like this movie because they want to see the world burn. I even heard some people talking that this is the best example of a great comedy....

This... Is... An... Abomination.. To every comedy there is!
    This is not funny, this is a torture. I'm glad that the people who reviewed it actually made it to their pc's.
    0/10 Don't watch this
  5. Aug 28, 2014
    Even though I've seen most of the movies that were used to create this parody, I found "Epic Movie" less funny than I honestly expected it would be.

Perhaps the best usage of a character was that of "The Pirates of the Carribean"'s Jack Sparrow - mostly because Jack Swallow was so like the original.

Altogether, "Epic Movie" was a bit too forced, to say the truth.
  6. Aug 20, 2014
    This tackling the action/adventure genre such as The Chronicles of Narnia, Epic Movie is yet another edition to this terrible series of 'spoof' (and I use that term in the loosest sense) movies. The lack of talent it must take to create something so poor is frankly mind boggling and the sooner people stop paying to watch these things the better.
  7. Jun 26, 2014
    MOST GREATEST PEICE OF ART I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!!! :) GREAT STORY! GREAT ACTORS! GREAT SCREENPLAY!!! YOU CAN REALLY RELATE TO THE CHARACTERS!!! GREAT EVERYTHING. I GIVE IT A 10 AND THAT RARELY EVER DO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
  8. Jan 1, 2014
    Epic Movie has atrocious comedy, acting and ridiculous premise. I know this is what parodies are meant to have but in that case Epic Move fails at being a parody, which I never knew was possible.
  9. Oct 27, 2013
    This insulting, disgusting movie is just inappropriate and wrong. If you're waiting for a decent story, you are obviously going to notice that the story is maybe even non-existent. What about the humor? Yeah, because this movie is made for laughs, right? NO! THIS PIECE OF CRAP IS DISGUSTING RATHER THAN FUNNY! IT'S A PIECE OF JUNK!!! Do not even think about buying this crap. (Final Score: 0.00)
  10. Aug 31, 2013
    Awful picture!! The directors of this movie are absolutely stupid. One of the worst films ever made. Never ever try to watch it. You will waste your money and your free time!! An epic fail!
  11. Aug 13, 2013
    I think most people will agree with me when I say that Epic Movie.......is an Epic Fail. It may not be as bad as Disaster Movie but that doesn't stop it from being totally unfunny and cringingly bad.
  12. Jul 23, 2013
    Epic Movie just tried to do too much. They tried to parody every movie possible it seemed like.
    Epic movie had potential and could have been really funny. Instead we were given a long crapfest.
  13. Jul 15, 2013
    la ridicules la estupides y esas cosas no van conmigo, una pelicula totalmente mediocre y.............................................................
  14. Jun 21, 2013
    These parody movies are terrible but some what genies because they make so much money of this crap. The jokes are stupid but I have to admit there where 1 or 2 jokes that made he go "hehe" but that was it.

Don't watch this crap.
  15. Jun 1, 2013
    If the raunchy stupid Scary Movie trilogy wasn't enough, Epic Movie takes the spoof collection by wind. Director Jason Seltzer has included spoofs of The Lion the Witch And The Wardrobe- Superbad style, Samuel. L Jackson, Charlie And The Chocolate Factory- Sweeny Todd style, Superman, and Harlord and Kumar White Castle no offence- kal penn). Epic Movie may go down to be the worst spoofsIf the raunchy stupid Scary Movie trilogy wasn't enough, Epic Movie takes the spoof collection by wind. Director Jason Seltzer has included spoofs of The Lion the Witch And The Wardrobe- Superbad style, Samuel. L Jackson, Charlie And The Chocolate Factory- Sweeny Todd style, Superman, and Harlord and Kumar White Castle no offence- kal penn). Epic Movie may go down to be the worst spoofs in history. Expand
  16. Mar 29, 2013
    Hey look Entertainment Weekly gave this movie a good score! How about that?! Anyways, this movie is just 'Disaster Movie' except they got the title wrong this time.
  17. Oct 26, 2012
    A mindless film made by two directors without talent, with lame gags, unfunny stereotypes of homosexuals and expensive sets. Friedberg and Seltzer must sell hot dogs instead direct any film.
  18. Aug 14, 2012
    Surely one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life, parody films hardly hit, just as some franchise "Scary Movie". No comments, bad from start to finish. If you want to preserve the health of your eyes, do not watch this movie.
  19. Jun 10, 2012
    Atrocious. Just atrocious. Doesn't the fact that the directors got nominated for 5 Razzies over their careers (including one for Worst Screenplay for "Epic Movie") indicate how bad this is? Gosh... I don't even know why I watched this. I might have hoped there will be something funny, I guess. Some of their work was interesting at first - "Scary Movie" to be more precise. And after that,Atrocious. Just atrocious. Doesn't the fact that the directors got nominated for 5 Razzies over their careers (including one for Worst Screenplay for "Epic Movie") indicate how bad this is? Gosh... I don't even know why I watched this. I might have hoped there will be something funny, I guess. Some of their work was interesting at first - "Scary Movie" to be more precise. And after that, they've been trying to milk the same cow for over a decade now, and it's not working. It hasn't worked since "Scary Movie 3", really, and it probably will never work again. The sad thing is, that people still give them money to produce the crap they do. The world we live in.... Expand
  20. May 5, 2012
    The makes of Epic Movie managed to put in a ridiculous number of movie references. Too bad no one told them that wasn't enough. This movie just isn't funny.
  21. May 5, 2012
    The movie relied too much on bodily humor and pop culture references and not enough funny. I didn't laugh, but rather felt embarrassed when watching this movie in the theatre. My sister and I went to see Scary movie 4 in theatres and thought it was decent, it gave us a few laughs. So when we saw this movie made by the same directors we thought it might give us a few laughs. But in the endThe movie relied too much on bodily humor and pop culture references and not enough funny. I didn't laugh, but rather felt embarrassed when watching this movie in the theatre. My sister and I went to see Scary movie 4 in theatres and thought it was decent, it gave us a few laughs. So when we saw this movie made by the same directors we thought it might give us a few laughs. But in the end it was nothing but gross humor with little comedy whatsoever. This movie should have been called "Epic Fail". Expand
  22. Jan 26, 2012
    Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer don't know a lot about directing movies. Its more like a Moronic Movie than an Epic Movie because they make morons out of too many actors from too many good movies. Especially Kal Penn and Crispin Glover.
  23. Dec 10, 2011
    One of the worst films I have ever seen. The only reason it doesn't have a 0 is because I don't know if I could bring myself to give anything less then 1. I'd highly recommend that anybody with any shred of common sense steer well clear of this film. Get as far away as possible from this atrocity.
  24. Nov 17, 2011
    Epic Movie comes nowhere close to being epic, it should been called "Failure Movie" from what I see. The plot is just plain dumb and stupid, it just parodies other movies to make for another retard movie. The acting is kind of bad in this one and the script consists of toilet jokes. This is not the recipe for an epic movie. i can't say anything good about it. I'm sorry. Overall "EpicEpic Movie comes nowhere close to being epic, it should been called "Failure Movie" from what I see. The plot is just plain dumb and stupid, it just parodies other movies to make for another retard movie. The acting is kind of bad in this one and the script consists of toilet jokes. This is not the recipe for an epic movie. i can't say anything good about it. I'm sorry. Overall "Epic Movie" sucks, the Scary Movies are pretty bad and Epic Movie is the same. Except worse. Epic Movie does not deserve to have "Epic" in it's title. You know what's epic? The Godfather, Saving Private Ryan, Inception, Bourne, The Dark Knight. They deserve the title of Epic but this gets the title of "One of the Worst Movies Ever". I hate this movie. Breakdown for "Epic Movie": Presentation: 1.7, Plot: 1.5, Acting: 1.5, Dialogue: .8, Lasting Appeal: .5. Score: 1.3 out of 10 "Disaster". Expand
  25. Sep 20, 2011
    Seltzerberg are the worse directors ever. As bad as they are, at least Ed Wood films have camp value and Uwe Boll made Rampage.

Seltzerberg, Epic Movie including, has no redeeming value whatsoever. Words can't describe the horrible abomination that is Epic Movie.
  26. Sep 4, 2011
    Probably the best film Jason Friedberg & Aaron Seltzer have ever written. But, still, it's utterly terrible. The humour is cheap - not in a good way - and the performances are simply lame. How could it possibly get worse from there? Well, just check out every film they've written since this one.
  27. Jul 8, 2011
    Worst movie I've ever spent money on, why do they do these things I found one part funny, the Willy Wonka dance to Fergalicious the rest is well.....*place expletive here*
  28. Apr 2, 2011
    Not the slightest bit epic in any sense of the word. I like some spoof movies, I didn't mind the first Scary Movie or the third (sorry), but this one is a clear example of why spoof movies are so critically hated. The film trys to be in with the crowd by making jokes that are modern, like cracking gags about cribs, Paris Hilton and any bloody film that came out in the year or so beforeNot the slightest bit epic in any sense of the word. I like some spoof movies, I didn't mind the first Scary Movie or the third (sorry), but this one is a clear example of why spoof movies are so critically hated. The film trys to be in with the crowd by making jokes that are modern, like cracking gags about cribs, Paris Hilton and any bloody film that came out in the year or so before this one. At least this movie trys and makes jokes, unlike some lesser spoof films *cough*DisasterMovie*cough*, its just a shame every jokes falls flatter than a steamrolled pancake. Name one scene or joke in this film you find funny, and i'll cart you off to a mental institution, and nothing with Fred Willard counts, no matter how awesome he is Expand
  29. Mar 10, 2011
    A poor excuse for a parody, heck it's even a poor excuse for a movie, it's just so stupid, I hated every second of it, even if your a fan of the writers you'll hate this movie.
  30. Nov 25, 2010
    Worst "comedy" I think I have ever seen. The only reason I give it a single point was that some of the jokes were almost worth a chuckle. Almost. But everything else about this piece of crap just stinks.
  31. Nov 4, 2010
    Scary Movie is way better. this movie sucks. if people like it, thats fine with me.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 17 Critics

Epic Movie is a waste of time. It's like a bad issue of "Cracked Magazine" come to life. It's not so much painful as it is sleep inducing.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Fox
    The sadists responsible for the painfully unfunny "Date Movie" (2006) are back, and this time they've outdone themselves: This theater-clearer is even less amusing than its terrible predecessor, a spoof so devoid of laughs it can longer be categorized as a comedy.
  3. Still, if it gets little else right, at least Epic Movie is accurately titled: It may be only 86 minutes long, but it feels as if it lasts forever.