5.7

1. Nov 13, 2014
    "Escape From Planet Earth" 10 Scale Rating: 3.0 (Bad) ...

The Good: There were a couple of moments that were somewhat cute. The story gets off to a solid start. Brendan Fraser and Rob Corddry both were decent and were somewhat unrecognizable. The Bad: For the most part, aside from who I mentioned above, the voice cast was awful. The story itself becomes pretty mundane and
    "Escape From Planet Earth" 10 Scale Rating: 3.0 (Bad) ...

The Bad: For the most part, aside from who I mentioned above, the voice cast was awful. The story itself becomes pretty mundane and run-of-the-mill, even for a kids movie. The animation was nothing special. Animated films have come a long way in the last 10-20 years (both in style and story) and the bar has been raised ... this particular film falls well below it.
  2. Nov 10, 2014
    It could have been much worse but what director Cal Brunker does is bad enough; craft an unfunny, unequal and weak bore fest. All jokes felt recycled, a plot thinner than paper, a twist so unbelievably predictable and dialogue so unfunny and lame. That being said, it was fairly entertaining.
  3. Apr 25, 2014
  4. Aug 24, 2013
    Strictly family-friendly fare with a predictable plot from beginning to end with stereotyped characters. The animation is top-notch and looks great on my 55-in HDTV via BluRay but that's really the only thing that separated it from being a standard plot live-action film. Not sure why they opted for expensive A/B-list voice talent unless that was supposed to draw adults in. If you're overStrictly family-friendly fare with a predictable plot from beginning to end with stereotyped characters. The animation is top-notch and looks great on my 55-in HDTV via BluRay but that's really the only thing that separated it from being a standard plot live-action film. Not sure why they opted for expensive A/B-list voice talent unless that was supposed to draw adults in. If you're over 18 don't waste your time unless you really like animated features on a killer HDTV. Expand
  5. Jul 4, 2013
    So conventional to the point that you can almost always get tired with the movie. Its okay for animation, but the movie takes another turn with the same old plot on alien movies that wants you to get out of the theater and re-watch other movies you've already been to, rather than this predictable movie.
  6. Jun 16, 2013
    The first words that come to my mind when I'm done watching the movie are: unoriginal, and stereotypical. How many times have I heard of aliens? Too many times. They already have done an animated alien movie, which, not my opinion, but in others opinions not very good. Who in there right mind would expect anything better then that success rate? Maybe I don't have much to say about theThe first words that come to my mind when I'm done watching the movie are: unoriginal, and stereotypical. How many times have I heard of aliens? Too many times. They already have done an animated alien movie, which, not my opinion, but in others opinions not very good. Who in there right mind would expect anything better then that success rate? Maybe I don't have much to say about the stereotypical part of the movie, but there are other things that caught my attention, forgettable characters, usually a movie has at least one unforgettable character. For me there was ZERO. Another issue I had was a glitch in the story line (or two, or more), well maybe just one, but it was sure noticeable. The humans up in the booth. What did the main character say about having to come to Earth? It was a hassle to go 14 or 15 light years to get to Earth. From what I've seen, the humans didn't come with them back to their planet. Why would they go out of their way to go and get the two humans if it was such a hassle? Many unanswered questions, 2.4/10 Expand
  7. Mar 24, 2013
    No Creativity At All... Another Boring Bland Animated Movie....
  8. Feb 15, 2013
    Groundbreaking animation, unique original world, fleshed out characters with real humanity and depth. This movie has all the hallmarks of a Mainframe studios production...or it would, if this were over a decade ago, before Mainframe became Rainmaker, and eliminated every part aspect of creativity and life within this studio.

As it stands, this movie is just awful. It has no consistent

As it stands, this movie is just awful. It has no consistent theme, not an quanta of depth within it, and will bore you to tears if you don't walk right out of the theater. It is everything Mainframe wasn't. Everything Pixar isn't. It was painful. Shrek 5 painful.

If you must see this movie, stop and grab a good book along the way, that way you'll have something to entertain you. This movie won't

1. Reviewed by: Laremy Legel
    Feb 26, 2013
    Not recommended for anyone but the hardiest of animation completists, this one is a definite skip. There’s nothing to note, nothing to grasp, nothing in which to find mirth. You could Escape from Planet Earth, but you’re better off just ignoring it.
  2. Reviewed by: Aaron Hillis
    Feb 23, 2013
    Escape From Planet Earth makes a compelling case for our disposable culture to finally get wiped out by malevolent aliens.
  3. Reviewed by: Louis Black
    Feb 20, 2013
    This movie is a mess: It keeps doubling back on itself – a twisting pretzel of a plot that doesn’t really make sense.