5.7

1. Apr 25, 2014
    It could have been much worse but what director Cal Brunker does is bad enough; craft an unfunny, unequal and weak bore fest. All jokes felt recycled, a plot thinner than paper, a twist so unbelievably predictable and dialogue so unfunny and lame. That being said, it was fairly entertaining.
  2. Nov 23, 2013
    Escape From Planet Earth is not a bad movie but is by no means a compliment. Yes it does have some laughs and some clever ideas but the problems with this movie prevent them from shing. The story is cliché, most of the jokes are not that funny, the characters are not that interesting, and the majority of the character models aren’t good to look at. This is the film you put on to keep your 5 year old quiet and entertained for an hour and a half. For everyone else you can afford to skip it. There is nothing here worth your while outside of a couple laughs but they are not worth it. This is a film for babies nothing more if you are in the mood for an animated film there are tons of better ones you can check out. Expand
  3. Aug 24, 2013
    Strictly family-friendly fare with a predictable plot from beginning to end with stereotyped characters. The animation is top-notch and looks great on my 55-in HDTV via BluRay but that's really the only thing that separated it from being a standard plot live-action film. Not sure why they opted for expensive A/B-list voice talent unless that was supposed to draw adults in. If you're over 18 don't waste your time unless you really like animated features on a killer HDTV. Expand
  4. Jul 4, 2013
    So conventional to the point that you can almost always get tired with the movie. Its okay for animation, but the movie takes another turn with the same old plot on alien movies that wants you to get out of the theater and re-watch other movies you've already been to, rather than this predictable movie.
  5. Jun 16, 2013
    The first words that come to my mind when I'm done watching the movie are: unoriginal, and stereotypical. How many times have I heard of aliens? Too many times. They already have done an animated alien movie, which, not my opinion, but in others opinions not very good. Who in there right mind would expect anything better then that success rate? Maybe I don't have much to say about the stereotypical part of the movie, but there are other things that caught my attention, forgettable characters, usually a movie has at least one unforgettable character. For me there was ZERO. Another issue I had was a glitch in the story line (or two, or more), well maybe just one, but it was sure noticeable. The humans up in the booth. What did the main character say about having to come to Earth? It was a hassle to go 14 or 15 light years to get to Earth. From what I've seen, the humans didn't come with them back to their planet. Why would they go out of their way to go and get the two humans if it was such a hassle? Many unanswered questions, 2.4/10 Expand
  6. Mar 24, 2013
    No Creativity At All... Another Boring Bland Animated Movie....
  7. Feb 15, 2013
    Groundbreaking animation, unique original world, fleshed out characters with real humanity and depth. This movie has all the hallmarks of a Mainframe studios production...or it would, if this were over a decade ago, before Mainframe became Rainmaker, and eliminated every part aspect of creativity and life within this studio.

As it stands, this movie is just awful. It has no consistent
    theme, not an quanta of depth within it, and will bore you to tears if you don't walk right out of the theater. It is everything Mainframe wasn't. Everything Pixar isn't. It was painful. Shrek 5 painful.

If you must see this movie, stop and grab a good book along the way, that way you'll have something to entertain you. This movie won't

1. Reviewed by: Laremy Legel
    Feb 26, 2013
    Not recommended for anyone but the hardiest of animation completists, this one is a definite skip. There’s nothing to note, nothing to grasp, nothing in which to find mirth. You could Escape from Planet Earth, but you’re better off just ignoring it.
  2. Reviewed by: Aaron Hillis
    Feb 23, 2013
    Escape From Planet Earth makes a compelling case for our disposable culture to finally get wiped out by malevolent aliens.
  3. Reviewed by: Louis Black
    Feb 20, 2013
    This movie is a mess: It keeps doubling back on itself – a twisting pretzel of a plot that doesn’t really make sense.