8.0

1. Apr 2, 2014
    Heartwarming as it is, E.T. is a little bit too over the top. Although it is a good movie, it could be better, and is a little bit too predictable to be called Spielberg's best film.
  2. Jan 4, 2014
    Com o tempo passou e ainda Et se matém magistral diante de um tempo onde o cinema não se preocupa mais com qualidade. São esse filmes que fará a magia do cinema eterna.
  3. Jul 15, 2013
    (CONTAINS SPOILERS) About a naked 70 year old sex offender who having run out of credit drunkenly barges his way into someones home and forces several children by finger point to take him to a caravan in the woods on a bike dressed as Mother Teresa whilst the police try to catch him. As drunk as I was I still found it a very moving film for some odd reason.
  4. May 20, 2013
    No movie is sweeter.
    No science fiction movie is funnier.
    No one is sadder.
    E.T. will always be a masterpiece.
    A very lovely movie! A film for the whole family.
  5. May 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. HE IS AFRAID
    HE IS ALONE
    HE IS 3,000,000 LIGHT YEARS AWAY FROM HOME

Weather you like it or not, I truly believe at everyone has to admit that E.T. Is a pristine example of a perfect film! It is so much more than a little boy meeting a slimy little alien. E.T. Is the 1982 masterpiece about the innocence of nature not only from this world, but the innocence that the rest of the universe might quite possibly obtain. E.T. shows you that no matter how far away, sometimes the most important person in your life could be one that lives 3,000,000 light years away from you and that despite the distance, you and that person will always have a phenomenally strong connection no matter what. It shows in the film when E.T. gives his life for Elliot out of nothing less than pure true love and compassion for him.

The cast is phenomenal despite only making one true star, Drew Barrymore, while she's fantastic, Henry Thomas Knocks it out of the park with the greatest performance I have seen from a child actor ever. This movie s brilliantly directed by Steven Spielberg who made so man fantastic decisions, such as filming the scenes in order of when they occur in the story so that the child actors would not get confused. Steven Spielberg, a man who planned to never have children, was convinced due to how like able these child actors were. Spielberg has even claimed that he feels like they were his first kids, he basically was there for Drew Barrymore's entire life and is basically a father figure to her.

E.T. Is easily the most emotional film of all time as well, making little kids to grown men cry like a lost kitten not once, but twice in the film! The film also manages to have it's little comedic moment to lighten up the mood, which are placed out perfectly throughout the film. Not to mention the adult cast is amazing as well, specifically Dee Wallace, who might very well be the ultimate mother figure to ever grace the big screen playing the type of role countless of times. It is a movie that is perfectly paced throughout it's two hour runtime that just draws you into the story and towards the end makes you crave for more like the chunky lad on a baseball team craving a bottle of water after running to first base. It perfectly builds up to an epic finally completely built up by your emotions which consists one of the greatest scores in film history by John Williams.

Not to mention E.T. Steals the show by completely controlling the audiences hearts like a puppet on strings. E.T. is so easy to just fall in love with that he could even make a queen xenomorph tear up! This film truly shows how you could use practical effects rather than CGI, check out the deleted scenes in the twentieth anniversary edition, in a much more effective way. E.T. remained the highest-grossing film of all time for about twenty-one years until another definitive Spielberg film called Jurassic Park. E.T. blew up like a pimple on prom night, being on the cover of everything such as, T-shirts, cereal, and candy. Hell, E.T. even became best friends in real life with the so called "greatest entertainer to ever live Michael Jackson,"to the point where they even took one of the most iconic images involving the two from the iconic E.T. soundtrack.

E.T. is probably the only big moneymaker in film history to escape an amateur sequel, trust me I read the plot, because Spielberg came and told the studio that they couldn't do a sequel, because they truly did have a perfect film.......and the studio agreed for once. E.T. Not only is the biggest film to come out of the 80's, but it is probably the first movie to gain as much support from the audience as it did. E.T. Is still remembered today as one of the all time greatest masterpieces in film history and still continues to touch audiences hearts around the planet..........and will continue to do so until the end of time! E.T. is Pure....... Perfection! My Favorite Film Of All Time!
  6. Apr 21, 2013
    What a pile of horse faeces, this just reeks of being over-rated. Considered a classic but in my opinion just a pointless piece of work. I do not care about the characters or the plot, the movie is a waste of time but I shouldn't influence your choice; watch it and make up your own mind.
  7. Dec 21, 2012
    A heartwarming family adventure, E.T. for once, is not an alien who eats people who tries to destroy planets or whatever. This is a picture of youth, courage, and an absolute testament to the childlike wonder. I LOVE this movie. There's only 2 flaws:
    1) It is a bit long, (but it had to be to tell the story)
    2) The first 4 minutes are absolutely boring.
  8. Nov 10, 2012
    Film cult degli anni 80, e poi riproposto negli anni 2000 al cinema con l'aggiunta di scene inedite; E.T segna un nuovo inizio nella storia delle fantascienza, per via della sua storia, un bambino che fa amicizia con un alieno lasciato dai suo simili sulla terra per sbaglio, che rivoluziona il genere fantascientifico che aveva sempre identificato l'alieno come il cattivo, nei film che ne vedevano far parte. E' una storia di amicizia, l'alieno non più il cattivo, diventa il bambino indifeso lasciato in un luogo sconosciuto. La storia si sviluppa con ritmo lento, forse, ma riesce a incuriosire lo spettatore, intenerito da E.T. Il cast e composto da attori che diventaro famosi proprio grazie a questo film, prima fra tutte Drew Barrymore, sorella minore di Elliot, che prima è spaventata da E.T, ma diventa subito amica. Cresce insieme a Elliot e sopratutto a insieme a E.T che con il tempo impara a parlare, e graze a questo svelerà il suo intento che cercherà di realizzare proprio grazie a i suoi amici. Il legame che con il tempo si sviluppa tra l'alieno e il bambino, è un'invenzione inteligente che serve da ponte con la seconda parte del film più tragica. Buon utilizzo degli effetti speciali, Spilberg da origine a uno dei film forse tra i più importanti della storia, adatto sia ai bambini, ma sopratutto agli adulti. L'epilogo finale è carico di emozioni e potrà far commuovere chiunque. Expand
  9. Sep 2, 2012
    E.T is an enriching and emotional film that takes another side of aliens. It can become slightly drawn out and boring but for the most part is a wonderful story of a relationship between a boy and an alien.
  10. May 30, 2012
    One of the best sci-fi movies of all time....... period
  11. May 28, 2012
    If you despise this then you are probably souless. Its a truely fun family movie, one that could be watched over and over by anybody who loves movies.
  12. Dec 13, 2011
    Not quite a master piece but for sure an instant classic. I enjoyed this film throughout. The film did lack a bit in the acting. It seemed to me like Henry Thomas needed an acting coach. But for a young child he did essentially well. Never the least, the rest was spot on. The plot enlightened me. It messed with my emotions. It made me feel like a child again. The film contained many important contributions to plot build up. Especially the part when Elliott was at school and connected to E.T. My most favorite part of the film was the bike ride. Or should I say bike flight. It just might be one of my favorite scenes in cinematic history. It made me believe I too could fly on a bike. Okay, not really because I am aware that it is just a movie. But I'm sure you understand what I'm getting at. I highly recommend this film to anyone and everyone. To parents reading this you might want to show this to your kids because it's great for the imagination. I'm pretty sure that penis breath could escape there mind. Expand
  13. Dec 9, 2011
    When I was nine years old and watched E.T, I felt I would not see so soon any other film so rewarding and satisfying. Since then, 9 years have passed but my opinion has not changed.
  14. Oct 20, 2010
    E.T. is an heartwarming family hit and it will cherrish moviegoers of all ages.
  15. Aug 23, 2010
    Alien life lands on earth to collect plants, gets left behind, befriends some kids, authorities find out, flying BMXs
    Spielberg feel-good film with inevitable sad moments along the way. Thought ET was done pretty well but I was watching the 20th Anniversary version & I believe SS has gone back & tweaked some scenes George Lucas style.
    The kids are great in it & I don't think Drew Barrymore
    has been as good in anything else. Also a mention for the excellent score by John Williams. Expand

The film's real power to move flows from its low, childlike angles, which, rather than infantalize its audience, bring it down to where the hurt and fear, and hence the comfort, loom larger.
  2. Reviewed by: Rick Kisonak
    The story itself holds up fairly well though, twenty years later, does come off as thinner than I recalled.
  3. Reviewed by: Don McKellar
    E.T. is a dog movie. Genre-wise, I mean. It's about a boy meeting a dog, naming it, taming it, learning from it, and growing up. Of course, the genre is superficially disguised as science fiction, as was the fashion at the time.