7.1

1. Aug 3, 2013
    Europa Report is no short of amazing, dark and mysterious with dazzling effects; you can actually believe that you are with the characters on the spaceship, and the discovery, it is a beautiful wonder to sight. The whole movie has the cold claustrophobic feel to it, which is a unique style and feeling. This movie actually proves that we can bring science fiction thrillers without the use of much budget and gross out scenes ex: Alien & Aliens! Europa Report is a beautiful journey through the wonders of the universe around us. Just beautiful and a definite must see! Best of 2013! Expand
  2. Aug 2, 2013
    Awesome movie. I loved the way story incorporated actual science behind it. The effectThis movie proves you can make a compelling sci fi movie on a limited budget. I highly recommend this movie.
  3. Aug 5, 2013
    I went into watching this with Syfy channel expectations... What I left with was a smart. Visually impressive. Realistic "lost footage" film about a journey in space. Fantastic film and highly recommended.
  4. Oct 22, 2013
    This is a much watch sci fi movie. Many sci fi movies use C level CGI and throw lots of aliens/zombies at you in the same old predictable story line. Europa Report uses none of the above mentioned things and keeps you on the edge of your seat as you do not know what is going to happen.
  5. Oct 10, 2014
    The film is one of the real sci-fi film without explosion and combat but focus on the main goal of the mission; find a sign of life on another planet (actually a natural satellite of Jupiter).

Storyline is great and interesting. My hearth pounded as if I were they on that spaceship and fear of what is waiting outside.
    Acting is great. They made me truly believe they are scientist who
    devote their life for scientific discoveries.
    Visual effect are undoubtedly beautiful and realistic. I can said that is what REAL Europa should looks like when we land on her in the next few decades. They did a great job for scientific accuracy.
  6. Aug 25, 2013
    Visually interesting: use of multiple cam shots from different parts of the shuttle, scratchy disconnections etc. Interesting plot: loss of connection to missile control, and the team continues on with the mission. I wouldn't normally watch science fiction, but I found this really engaging: especially the passion how important this was to them and it was believable, not over the top. Interesting actors. Expand
  7. Oct 21, 2014
    This is the best picture I've ever seen. Its great on so many levels I dont know where to begin, like its use of real life-like NASA footage to the real scientific argument of the possibility of life on Eurpa(even a clip of Neil Degrasse Tyson). There were no "red herrings" or romance interest between the crew, which is rare in movies now a days, and most of all the story of the crew and how each one sacrifice themselves for one another as well as their research. Expand
  8. Sep 21, 2014
    Its always good to see that the movie industry is not completely brain-dead when it comes to creative risk taking.

The movie is told through a documentary like perspective, and it has really convincing acting. This movie is no "nice throwback scifi movie" and some deeper themes are explored if you look really hard. The movie does not get caught back in stuff that other scifi movies get
    into, like badly forced themes and misfit love stories, this movie is straight to the point.

The movie is clearly coped well with a fairly low budget, and I respect it for that. The movie is 100% worth a try, and if you did not like it (due to its fairly mixed opinions), no biggie! Its not like the 6$ or so is a great investment, especially to see something never before done (at least done properly (yes Im talking about you Astronaut))

1. Reviewed by: Bill Goodykoontz
    Aug 22, 2013
    These characters are more than willing to risk their lives to further advances in science. That’s a passion and dedication that fuels Europa Report, and Cordero makes the most of it.
  2. Reviewed by: Walter Addiego
    Aug 15, 2013
    Director Cordero manages the not-bad trick of generating suspense while keeping the overall tone cool and collected.
  3. Reviewed by: Mark Feeney
    Aug 9, 2013
    Technique largely does the work of imagination. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing. The nuts and bolts of Europa Report may feel very familiar, but the movie doesn’t look quite like anything else.