7.4

1. Apr 6, 2013
    *posted on IMDB as well* When the remake of the 1981 horror classic "The Evil Dead" was announced in late 2011, fans of the series reacted, unsurprisingly, with revulsion. At the heart of their outrage lay a simple question: Why? How could a remake possibly improve upon the original? The first film's charm had much to do with its shoestring budget and utter lack of prestige. The cast and crew were a ragtag group of amateurs who essentially had no clue what they were doing. The filming process was notoriously unpleasant, requiring the team to live in a primitive log-cabin in the backwoods of Eastern Tennessee. It shouldn't have worked. And yet, when The Evil Dead hit theaters, it won over audiences across the world with its simplistic, clumsy charm and unique sense of humor--not to mention its pioneering camera work and brilliant practical effects. It paved the way for a decade of ultra-violent, low budget horror movies (either the best thing to happen to the genre or the worst, depending on who you're talking to.) Few products of the medium have ever enjoyed such influence.

Though a more technically advanced film, Fede Alvarez' 2013 remake--backed, disappointingly, by Raimi and Campbell themselves-- is as shoddy a production as the original, but without the charm and humor to redeem it. The fundamental problem with Alvarez' version (and Diablo Cody's reworking of the script) is that it approaches the material with ludicrous self seriousness, thus making itself vulnerable to more intense scrutiny, against which it has little hope of defense. The film begins promisingly enough, opening with a disturbing scene of father-daughter filicide, but immediately tumbles downhill when the meat of the plot (what little there is) is revealed. The premise is this: A group of five twenty-somethings treks out into the woods for a high school reunion/intervention, hoping to permanently cure Mia (Jane Levy) of her heroin addiction. They hole up in Mia and her brother David's (Shiloh Fernandez) decrepit family cottage and steel themselves for the worst of the withdrawal symptoms to set in. However, their priorities soon shift when Eric (Lou Taylor Pucci) discovers a copy of the Necronomicon in the basement (wrapped in barbed wire, bound in human skin, and with explicit admonishments written in bold red letters upon its pages) and recites the exact words the book warns him not to recite under any circumstance. With this incantation, a portal into the world of the dead and the damned is opened. What follows thereafter should, by all rights, be an entertaining, gory romp through the swamps. Instead, we are treated to seventy minutes of unrelenting stupidity and bad acting. The worst offender by far is the feebleminded David, our lackluster stand in for Bruce Campbell's Ash, who, for three quarters of the movie, simply can't get it through his thick skull that his sister has been possessed by a demon. He seems to think that telekinesis, dramatic drops in vocal pitch, and Linda Blair-esque neck twitches are typical symptoms of heroin withdrawal. His dimwitted attempts to contain the situation are extraordinarily frustrating to watch, as is the extreme gullibility of the other characters. How many times will these fools fall for the old "I'm not a demon!" trick? Make a drinking game out of it. You'll be wasted long before the final act.

Again, all of these transgressions would be more forgivable if the movie didn't take itself so dang seriously. But there's nary an amusing one-liner or a hint of self-awareness to get us through this study in tedium and banality. Even the violence is disappointing--or at least it failed to impress this seasoned genre enthusiast. Sure, there's a cool scene with a nail gun, and a few cringe inducing moments involving syringes, electric meat slicers, and boiling hot water, but it all feels a little been-there-done-that. Recent films that top Evil Dead in the gore department include Slither, Feast, Cabin Fever, Hostel, and High Tension, among others. Check those out instead.

Here's hoping the "Carrie" remake fares a little better.
  2. Apr 12, 2013
    This movie takes one of the most creative and energetic horror movies and saps all creativity and energy from it. If you can make it through the first half hour, which is intolerably boring and filled with bland acting and bad writing, you'll be treated to some nice, but repetitive gore effects. There is no one for you to root for as in the original and none of the deadites are that threatening so there is nothing but the special effects to interest you in the movie, and the special effects are no where near as fun or inventive as in the original. This movie is a competent waste of time, and I can't advocate anybody wasting their time watching it. Watch the original over again, it's much more fun. Expand
  3. Apr 9, 2013
    I was actually really excited to see this movie thinking maybe this time it will actually be scary but it was just a huge let down. The acting was terrible. I understand its a horror film but please if your arm is being cut off act like it hurts and not like your being tickled! Sheesh! I found the movie to actually be pretty close on the remake, besides the soul-less actors. I believe the only reason this movie got such a good review is because our new generation and their sick addiction to blood and gore. A horror movie does not mean let me add all the blood and guts I can find. I wouldn't really recommend the movie but if your a fan I say take the risk and see for yourself! Expand
  4. Jul 3, 2013
    The cast was average, Lou Taylor Pucci (aka Eric) played his part very well and was the only good actor on the cast imo. The plot follows the original quite closely, of course it is a remake, and I have no problem with that. I love the gore scenes though, They were very well done. Both scary and enjoyable at the same time, That's what I liked most about them. However, The film's pacing was very off, It was either too slow paced (as it was in the beginning) or it was too fast (during the last 40 mins or so). It was sort of annoying to deal with.

That being said, I just didn't care for it as much as I hoped I would. I really don't know why but I just couldn't get into it like I did the original trilogy. It certainly wasn't a bad movie but it wasn't a good one either.
  5. Apr 18, 2013
    As a life long horror fan, the original Evil Dead series carry some of the highest marks, it was gory, funny, and spawned one of the most notable cult heroes in the history of cinema, Ash. As I am with all news of remakes/re-images/ what have you, I take it with a more then a grain of salt. In certain instances, I've been pleasantly surprised, Rob Zombies Halloween films, and the 2003 remake of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, I believe, are two fine examples of a remake done well. In opposition to this you have remakes like Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm street, and introducing the newest member of this prestigious list, the 2013 remake of the Evil Dead.

Cinematically it was filmed well. Dark, moody, and complimented the horror vibe. But ultimately that was all that it had going for it. The characters, for lack of a better term, were boring, and did little to stir any sort of feelings towards them, the high marks going to Jane Levy, however, for at least leaving a good enough impression that I remembered her characters name, even after leaving the theater, Mia, for those who care. The films plot stayed true to form, but was implemented poorly. The films story, beyond the plot, played out more like a piece of amateur retcon fan fiction, then the sort of thing a group of producers would throw a reported $14 million dollars to make. The set up of the film made sense, but the initiation of the films supernatural element was forced, almost as though the writing staff didn't know what else to do, and things didn't improve from there. The amount of violence and gore after this point is relentless, so much so that it become boring, and blurs together, no counter points to build suspense from, and probably saddest of all, no humor. Which is possibly the single biggest disappointment to me, personally. For a series that fits so snugly into the "Horror comedy" genre, by it own admittance. The re-image is unremarkable, bland, and tragically forgettable.

The Quick and Dirty Review

Pro's
    Dark Moody Imagery
    Solid Performance from Jane Levy
    Appropriate run time (90 minutes +/-)
    Solid Visual effects

Cons
    Bland characters
    Sloppy Pacing
    Fan Fiction level story
    Lack of humor

The Verdict:
    Unless you a have a free movie pass, wait for this to land on a streaming service, or in a discount bin. Would have been a mediocre standalone, but made for a poor remake.
  6. Apr 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SO LET DOWN ITS NOT GROOVY
    Well I'll start by saying I love the 81 version & Evil 2 and army I am super bias to old horror remakes I even liked the Friday 13th remake). I did expect alot going into the remake and me this was the most god awful excuse for an evil dead film like ever!! They never even say necronomican in the movie! Mia BTW Jane levey was the only OK thing about the movie) is possessed then cured? How? This possessions spread like zombie infection? You can just pull you arm off? This movie has only 2 things in common with the amazing original, the cabin & there book Worst remake let down in my life!!!!!
  7. Apr 9, 2013
    Introduction that has nothing to do with the rest of the film? Check. Main antagonist is a girl that looks ridiculously like the chick from The Ring? Check. Every five seconds the retards in the movie are duped by the "I promise I'm back to normal! Come help mee ---AARUGHH eatsyourface" ploy? Check. Shock violence made up of the last ten years+ of "horror" movies all balled up into one and for seemingly no reason other than "it was in the book?" Check.

This movie has all the makings of the worst of the worst "horror" movies, yet, this is supposed to be a remake of one of the best? Wait. No, wait. Wait. What?! This is the Evil Dead? This is what we got?

There is literally no homage in this movie what-so-ever except there's a cabin and there's a rape tree. Kudos to the director apparently using no CGI, etc, whatever; but instead he just decided to juxtapose a bunch of stupid-ass scenes of self-mutilation that has been done over and over in movies since forever; oh, but it's not CGI, I guess we forgive him for that.

The whole time this movie was playing I literally kept thinking that Ash was going to come out of the Necronomicon (which is never mentioned by name in this movie or explain in mythology even once) and say, "Wait. You're doing this wrong." and demolish everything. I was seriously thinking that had me played for a fool and that this was all some sort of spoof that was going to be redeemed. But no. That was just the movie.

I hate this. I hate life when this is a movie that exists.
  8. Apr 21, 2013
    I write screenplays as a hobby. That really means NOTHING when reviewing this movie. All I want to say is that I wish I could get the last 1 1/2 of my life and my $6 back. What a terrible, pointless, unenjoyable piece of poop. REALLY??????????
    DO NOT SEE THIS MOVIE!!!
  9. Jul 6, 2013
    Total junk! I loved the original, and expected a lot more from this one. The only thing it delivers is bloody corpses and people puking. But none of the character development, humor, or acting of the original. The supposedly tight-knit group of childhood friends show no real connection to each other aside from a few lines of droll dialogue--they may as well have been complete strangers. The action is virtually non-existent. And then there is the whole thing with "hey, there's a monster out there picking us out one by one, but let me go somewhere alone..." and the "I know what I gotta do, but I'll just do the exact opposite". Bleh! Expand
  10. Apr 12, 2013
    First off. Its a B rated movie that could not have cost more then 25,000.00 to make. 2nd off. I think you would have to be severely intoxicated to give this movie more then a 1 out of 10. Bad acting, bad plot if you can even call it one. Did I mention bad acting. Where did they find these so called actors? Oh yeah, B rated movie with 25,00.00 budget. I want my money back. This movie wouldn't even be scary if you watched it in the cabin. Want to see a scary movie go see the newest releases of Friday The 13th or the latest Halloween movie. Saw movies were much better. Evil Dead should just stay dead, It sucked big time.But go see it and waste your money and be pissed that you didnt believe me. For you people that liked it, WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU ON? This movie has nothing a horror movie needs to be good. I'm pissed I just wasted my time writing a review but felt it was my civil duty. The republicans getting into office would make a good Horror flick. We could watch Romney and Ryan try to off one another. Expand
  11. Apr 12, 2013
    I just read a user review marking this film as "the Exorcist for this generation" and I threw up a little in my mouth. This does not come close to any of the scares of that masterpiece. This remake had a little tension and a lot of gore. I will give them credit for trying to make us care for the kids involved (the whole drug addiction mommy issues) but I found myself wishing for Bruce Campbell throughout the entire film because he was what made the original so entertaining to watch. None of the cast had a quarter of that man's charisma. The nods were cheeky and a bit clever, but again, only made me wish I was watching the original or its sequel. I cannot find fault in others enjoying this film it really is not a bad film, as far as horror films go. But I felt like it had more than a few opportunities to separate itself from the pack and provide genuine terror. Gore, to me, is uncomfortable, and should only enhance your fear not try to provide it. I have been scared by films before with genuine tension (Vacancy and Frailty immediately jump to my mind) but this completely lacked it. Whether or not you will enjoy this film entirely depends on what you deem to be fearful. Expand
  12. Apr 29, 2013
    I really had high hopes for this film after seeing the trailer I was thinking now this looks like a awesome horror movie. Seen the original and loved it so was hoping it was as good if not better than the original but boy was I wrong. Extremely slow movie for me and when it does start getting going its awful didnt once scare me in any way parts are where I actually laughed it was not the Evil Dead film I was expecting. Gore Effects are horrible like watching a whole tub of tomato catchup go everywhere just stupid. I was also hoping for more jumpy parts and suspense but it was obvious when things would happen and that was for me what a horror movie needs, the characters in the film were rubbish with average acting I cudnt get attached to the characters at all. Overall 2/10 my advice to you just like seen in other reviews is watch the original movie way better. Expand
  13. Apr 11, 2013
    A creepy horror movie, but needlessly gory and bloody. Nothing left to the imagination. Everything shown in excruciating detail. It's repetitive, violent, and stocked with characters you never get a chance to care about, other than the family dog.
  14. Jun 30, 2013
    Have you ever seen crap? Well, now you can! I really don't get why this movie got 7.6 from users. This movie trying desperately to be something it's not. This retarded peace of crap is completely pointless and stupid. If you are kid then maybe then you can enjoy it. But if you are reasonable and intelligent human being then you must turn off all your critical senses if you would like to enjoy this movie. Rather stay at home and read some boring book. You get more out of it. Collapse
  15. Jul 5, 2013
    Ok, first of all if you an old school evil dead fan, or an Ash fan like myself, your going to be disappointed. The movie has average effects, and a lot rip off the exorcist in terms of look, also the movie seems rushed at the end. The target audience is obviously for teenagers. Don't be fooled by the positive reviews, if your a true horror fan and a movie buff you'll see past this lack of substance and horrible acting. This isn't horror its a disgrace to the evil dead franchise. Must every remake these days be trash? I'll let you decide. Expand
  16. Apr 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. To my way of thinking, the worst thing a horror film can be is boring. This movie, although produced by Raimi, Tapert, and Campbell, is sadly very boring. Some questions: why take a girl to detox in the middle of nowhere? What if crap goes wrong? It did go wrong. Why did the guy read the book for no real reason? It would have been nice to get some character development for him, like, he's an anthropology or archaeology student or something and can't stop himself, but no. He just reads the book like a total idiot and then complains about it for the rest of the film.

The only real fun I had was in looking for shoutouts to the original films; Mia jamming that chainsaw over her stump was a good one and I applauded that. I thought the score was intrusive and not very good, i thought the story was actually much sillier than the original in that the motivation to go to the cabin was bizarre to say the least--getting your sex and drugs on is a totally valid reason to hang in the woods and half the people I know who have cabins use them for this express purpose anyhow--and those iconic moments from the first film, like Shelley's dismemberment or Linda giggling like a freak or Cheryl slamming her head against that trapdoor.

Overall I thought it was pretty dumb and don't kid yourself, there WAS some CGI in there, particularly when the dude's girlfriend (see how I can't even remember their names?) has her other arm sawed off or whatever in the living room and she's pouring blood all over the floor--CGI big time right there.
  17. Jul 20, 2013
    Absolute garbage. Terrible story and writing, totally boring. Horrible acting. The only good things to mention are the special fx and it the film is short.
  18. Jul 15, 2013
    It has all the gory and violence of the original without it's ASH (Bruce Campbell's cult role) and smart humor and wit. You can enjoy this movie, if you are into horror movies in general. In this case it is a decent movie. Nothing special though. If you see it as a remake of the original, it is a huge disappointment. It is too "self-serious", and not a deliberately cheesy and funny as the original. It was missing the spirit of Sam Raimi's direction also. Go watch the original Expand
  19. Aug 5, 2013
    If you are a fan of the old movies then give this one a miss, you will only be disappointed. I struggled to watch past the halfway mark it is that generically bad. Save yourself the woe and just watch the old trilogy again, you will have a better time.
  20. Feb 2, 2014
    Another dull remake. Don't believe all the hype about this being a bold new reimagining or any of that lark. Its just another unimaginative remake that adds nothing but removes all the humour the original had. If you don't like some laughs in your horror flicks and/or didn't see or like the original Evil Dead films then give this a shot. If you're fan of the originals then stay away; you'll just be frustrated by the complete lack of originality here. Great special effects though. Expand
  21. Nov 4, 2013
    I can understand why people like it, for sure it's just that from the trailers and the reviews i thought it was going to be an actual horror movie and not just a straight up gore fest. The practical effects are amazing but I still would've preferred more scares, and better characters.
  22. Jan 12, 2014
    Consensus: It's enjoyable, entertaining and has its moments, but Evil Dead (2013) fails to provide enough black humor and scares. 45/100 (D+)

REVIEW: Directed by the Uruguayan director Federico Àlvarez who also directed couple years ago the successful Sci-Fi short film (Panic Attack!). Now he's back with Evil Dead (2013) that was one of the five most successful horror films of the 2013
    and definitely the most violent and gory of all.
    Evil Dead (2013) is starring by the talented Jane Levy (Suburgatory) and Shiloh Fernandez. The opening scene is terrifying and extreme, I would say that this scene is one of the BEST of all the movie, and is worth to seeing, and other positive aspects about this film is that it hasn't much CGI, everything looks very real. it could have a better picture and more creative black humor as the first 2 previous films but not. It has many bloody and violent scenes, but not terrifying or scary moments. Not very original, it has several creative moments but nothing different from what we have seen before. The trouble with Evil Dead (2013) is that it doesn't create a frightening atmosphere or suspense, is very explicit extremely explicit and this can become tedious. It's exaggerated in most of the situations and most of the moments for the purpose of cause terror in the audience but the only feelings that caused me Evil Dead (2013) was entertainment and fun.
    It has an astonishing trailer, one of the best I've seen, and despite all the negative aspects that I have mentioned above, it's a film worth to seeing, it's very entertaining and fans of gore will love it, but fans of films of Suspense, Thrillers etc... I don't recommend you to see this movie because you're going to be very unsatisfied about the scares, surprises, black humor and horror, but it's very entertaining and dynamic because has the direction of the talented Fede Alvarez, and at the end of the credits there's a very interesting scene that I'm sure you'll love it if you're a fan of the Evil Dead saga.

NICE: Is entertaining and enjoyable, every crazy and intense scenes that show us, have likable performances, and lots of gore.

FAIL: Doesn't have all the terror and suspense that is strictly necessary in a horror movie, The script simply doesn't work, just as the black humor.

WATCH THIS MOVIE IF... you're bored, because believe me, this movie will make your day because it's worth it, even if you're a fan of gore, or movies like SAW and Hostel, etc, also recommend people who have not seen yet the 2 first installments of Evil Dead saga.

DON'T WATCH THIS MOVIE IF... you're a fan of horror movies with fewer gore and more suspense like The Conjuring, Rosemary's Baby, The Amityville Horror, etc.

Twitter: @MemoBosque Full Review at my Blog: www.memobosque.blogspot.mx
  23. Aug 15, 2013
    I'm disappointed to say the least. There were some throwbacks and similarities to Evil Dead, but the nonsensical, tacked on, ending after the credits was the best part. This movie had no business being named Evil Dead other than to cash in on the franchise.

It's a pretty bad movie, which has nothing going for it except its name. The acting is bad, the plot is a contrived mess, and the
    characters aren't believable or likable. Being a huge horror fan, I would say some of the death scenes and gore were cool, but that's where the compliments end. It got painful as it went, but the movie managed to keep me watching until the end, at times I felt like "endure" might be the better verb. The best way to watch it is to go in with no expectations. If you were a big fan of the original, you'll probably despise this. Expand
  24. Nov 10, 2013
    This movie a god awful, I can pull better movie out of my butt. First of all I've never even heard of the director, his movies look terrible. The most important thing is that is doesn't even follow the old Evil Dead movie so what's the point In even making a new one. I will say this, Jane Levy as a heroin addict going through withdrawal is a interesting part.
  25. Apr 8, 2014
    “Evil Dead” oder “Die Rache der Klofrau” Komm grad aus dem Kino. Haben zu viert (vier Cineasten, muss ich dazu sagen) das Remake vom indizierten Skandal-Kult-Horror-Film “Evil Dead”, deutsch: “Tanz der Teufel”, angeschaut. Wobei “angeschaut” nicht das richtige Wort ist, denn so wirklich viel auf die Leinwand schauen konnte ich nicht. Aber dazu später. (Spoileralarm) Die Handlung ist kurz erklärt, wenn nicht schon durch die Medien derzeit hinlänglich bekannt:
    Junge Erwachsene (klar, 2 Frauen, 2 Kerle) fahren in den Wald, um einer der beiden Mädels in einer ziemlich **** Holzhütte übers Wochenende auf die Schnelle einen “kalten Entzug” aufzudrücken.
    Mit dabei der Bruder von Frau Junkie, ein Jesus-Freak (sieht jedenfalls so aus, die Rolle ist im Übrigen absolut unterentwickelt), die Freundin vom Bruder von Frau Junkie (die im gesamten Film, wenn überhaupt, 3 ganze Sätze spricht), und - natürlich - eine Krankenschwester, die sich zutraut, ohne ärztliche Aufsicht mal eben in einer dreckigen Holzhütte (Stichwort: beruhigendes Ambiente…) ihrer Freundin die Heroinsucht auszutreiben.
    Kurz und gut: beste Voraussetzungen für eineinhalb Stunden Blut, Kettensägen, Nägel in Kopp, Messer in die Fresse… uuuund, was fehlt? Ach ja: Zombies.
    OK, bei “Evil Dead” gibt es keine Zombies, sondern dämonische Heimsuchungen mit gelben Augen, verzerrter Stimme, viel Fäkalsprache und sonstigem beim “Exorzisten” entliehenen Dingenszeugs.
    Die Zombies tauchen natürlich nicht einfach so auf, weit gefehlt!
    Durch einen blöden … ääähm … Zufall finden die vier im Keller des Hauses tote Katzen, viele Fliegen und das Buuuuhuuuuch, welches zu dem Zeitpunkt keine große Überraschung mehr ist, da es im Mini-Vorspann schon längt eingeführt wurde und dem Zuschauer ab Minute 3 klar sein sollte, was die nächsten 88 Minuten passieren wird.
    … Denkste.
    Denn was in den restlichen Filmstreifen oder HD-Speicher-Chip-Dateneinheiten passiert, übersteigt laut Presse und Machern alles bis dahin Dagewesene im Horror-Genre.
    Gähn.

Jo, es ist blutig.
    Jo, es ist oft eklig.
    Jo, es ist krank.
    Aber es geht in keiner Sekunde unter die Haut. Jedenfalls nicht mir als Zuschauer. Den Protagonisten geht so ziemlich alles unter die Haut: Nadeln, Glasscherben, Nägel, Messer, Äste (Stichwort: Vergewaltigung)… und natürlich die rostige, oben schon erwähnte und oft bewährte Kettensäge.

(Apropos ”unter die Haut”: Das Thema Sex spielt Gott sei Dank trotz des jugendlichen Personals keine Rolle. Das hebt den Film zwar nicht weit aus seiner schlammigen Versenkung heraus, ist aber immerhin eine Erwähnung wert.)

Was allerdings im Original 1981 unter die Haut ging, waren die Beziehungen der Protagonisten zueinander. Die Effekte waren damals - nach heutigen Standards - verflucht grottig (Stichwort: Knetmasse), aber man konnte nachvollziehen, warum die einzelnen “Überlebenden” sich weigerten, ihre Freunde mit der Nagelfeile die Kehle durchzuschneiden. Weil da Verbindungen, echte Freundschaften …. Werte und Moral … im Spiel waren.

2013 gibt es auch Freundschaften, nur sind die schon von Anfang an kaputt. Es gibt Familienbande, die allerdings nicht nur kaputt, sondern auch absolut bescheuert inszeniert sind (Stichwort: Mutter).
    Und es gibt ein Finale, das die Bezeichnung nicht annähernd verdient und das Original-Ende von 1981 auf einen goldenen Sockel hievt.

Wer sich auch einen goldenen Sockel kaufen können sollte, ist die Klofrau vom CineMaxx hier in Muc.
    Denn was die Leute während des Films aufs Klo gerannt sind, war phänomenal.
    Teilweise hatte ich das Gefühl, der Film bestünde nur aus Schwarzblenden, weil dauernd ein unförmiger Körper aus irgendeiner Reihe vor uns sich durchs Bild schob und mir die Sicht auf die Leinwand beraubte. Kaum hatte er das Ende der Sitzreihe erreicht, gabs die nächste Schwarzblende, denn es kam ja schon der Vorgänger von seiner Klofrau-Belästigung zurück.

Leute, bitte zieht Euch Windeln an oder sauft weniger Cola, wenn Ihr ins Kino geht!! Was ist denn mit Euch bloß los?!
    Ihr lieben Leser meint, ich übertreibe. Fragt @playdead2010, der neben mir saß. Er wird Euch bestätigen, dass der heimliche Star des Abends die Klofrau gewesen sein muss.

Und, liebe Pissoir- und Schüsselbesucher… wenn Ihr die nicht anständig belohnt habt… dann droht sie Euch…

DIE RACHE DER KLOFRAU

DAS wird ein blutiges Kino-Spektakel, auf das ich mich schon jetzt freue.
    Und ich werde in der ersten Reihe sitzen, mit einem fetten Eimer Popcorn, 3l Cola, einem eingeschalteten Handy, viel Gesprächsbedarf.

Und einer Windel.

1. Reviewed by: Nigel Floyd
    Apr 29, 2013
    Despite much old-school splatter, it’s seldom frightening and oddly unfunny.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Apr 19, 2013
    It is nowhere near as creepy as the recent indie horror "V/H/S," but it is a full-bloodedly grisly and macabre film that zaps over a few scares.
  3. Reviewed by: Matt Glasby
    Apr 15, 2013
    Closer to Eli Roth than Sam Raimi, this brutal retread combines J-horror atmospherics with torture-porn kills. It’s more evisceration than invention but at least has the courage of its bloody-minded convictions.