7.4

1. Apr 5, 2013
    What can I say about this other than it's amazing? It's everything you want in a horror film. It's bloody, gory, and disgusting all in a good way. It never fails to keep a creepy time to it throughout the film. It all looks just so realistic too. There's no CGI. Only practical effects which makes it 10 times better. I'll probably see this movie 3 more times while it's in theaters
  2. Apr 6, 2013
    This was simply an amazing movie. Plenty of blood and gore, great soundtrack, and it nailed the classic horror feel. The plot was very simple and sometimes corny which is why there's some hate, but you have to remember it's a remake of the 1981 movie. I'd highly recommend this movie to ANYONE. Don't listen to the hate. I'm probably going to go back and see this a few more times.
  3. May 13, 2013
    I was spooked, I was grossed out, and I laughed. It was a great ride! What a treat to get an actual horror movie amongst the films that pass as horror these days. For a guy who grew up on this stuff, I had SO much fun watching this.
  4. Apr 17, 2013
    It's one hell of a gore-fest, plain and simple. We all know what is going to happen before the film starts.....you know it, I know it. The result is nothing short of spectacular because it is so gloriously done. It takes all the best parts of the Evil Dead films and makes one master entry of all. There is no camp, no slapstick.....it just takes itself seriously and that above all else is what makes it work. Expand
  5. Apr 20, 2013
    Few directors can control your emotions like Evil Dead does; Fede Alvarez crafts perfectly one of the best modern horror movies of the decade; sure, the original Evil Dead is better, but this remake makes you squirm in your seat and is an utterly assault on the senses. Astonishing.
  6. Apr 6, 2013
    This is by far the best horror movie i have ever seen. Its really, trully amazing, phenomenal, disgusting, terryfing and everything more in a whole pack. I Read some negative articles about the words the most terrifying film you will ever experience in the poster... Well, i guess people didn't understand what this sentence wants to transmit. This is a MASTERPIECE, you need to watch. This is the exorcist of the new generation, this is all we have ever wanted! Expand
  7. Jun 29, 2013
    Evil Dead is a first rate horror movie with a pleasant and developed plot with fascinating but scary as hell practical effects. It is the best horror movie out since Cabin in the Woods.
  8. Apr 7, 2013
    If you are a true Evil Dead fan, you will not only love, but appreciate this movie's existence.

Don't let any of the poor reviews fool you, don't let the critic scores fool you, this is an amazing score and only proves that paid critics know nothing about good movies.
  9. Apr 11, 2013
    Evil Dead is bloody, violent and just really really well done...its horror is very in your face and physical, its anti CGI.......you feel the blows in the first scene and from there it makes you squirm at the cuts, stabs, pokes and nails to come..

the movie knows this and enjoys tweaking your expectations and unlike many horror genre pics, it does not let the viewer down..

This movie
    is much more than a remake...its a totally different film...of course, it references the original in many ways, but goes its own way too, and it uses the original movies to its own advantage..right up to the end.....it natural to compare them..but they are both worthy of enjoyment...

If you have ever in your life enjoyed a bloody horror pic, you owe yourself to see this..
  10. Apr 6, 2013
    This is real Sam Raimi and Fede Alverez entertainment. Evil Deal is a remake of the 1981 horror classic and its way more better now with mind blowing special effects and good chilly scares! The story is good and the scares are nail bitingly good. The film has a point of its slashing gore 24/7 thing, it stands up for its horror and super gory concept! It's a GOOD movie. What else can you expect from the team of Alverez and Raimi? Nothing but a good, chilly, horrific, gorefest! BloodyDisgusting.com is right about this film being seen once and getting or giving 10/10 entertainment stars! And I agree its a 10/10 entertainment movie! Expand
  11. Apr 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well what can I say, other than AMAZING. The way the trailer led you on and then in the film it just hits you! The best horror film I have seen in a while. Expand
  12. Jul 15, 2013
    Judging this as a remake, it's a masterpiece. Judging this as a film on its own, it's still great. The cinematography and directing is terrific; both create a great sense of dread and there are several tropes that are subverted, mostly during the final act. Speaking of which, the last 25 minutes or so were scary as hell and usually excessive and overt gore annoys me and comes off as cheap, but here it balanced the cartoonishness and the graphic nature so it didn't come off as distracting and ending up being fun. Also, thank God for practical effects. The makeup and effects looked terrific and were all so convincing, infinitely better than CG crap. The main problem was what seems to be the issue with so many horror films: really weak characters. Only the main girl was worth routing for, and arguably the blonde guy that looked like Kurt Cobain. There was a blonde girl that was completely expendable. And PLEASE STAY AFTER THE CREDITS!!! There's a huge surprise for fans of the series! 8.7/10, great, two thumbs up (barely), above average, etc. Expand
  13. Jul 20, 2013
    Personally, A great horror that gives you the skin crawling feeling you would expect from this gore fest. Go see it if you saw the original or if you didn't.
  14. Jul 25, 2013
    This new take on Sam Raimi's original cult classic "The Evil Dead", lives up to the legacy. Not shying away from inventive horror gore, unflinching and relentless violence, this re-imagined approach brings something fresh to fans of the original. Of particular note is the acting of Jane Levy who plays the tortured damsel-in-distress-turned-heroine. A must for die hard fans of the original franchise, and horror genre fans. Expand
  15. Sep 28, 2013
    Ok so i have been looking for a very long time.All i have to say is it's a "MUST SEE!" It is a very awesome gore fest, good story line, and it has no sex. I think that really good horror movies don't always need it.this movie had my blood running hott. It is epic!, why are you still reading!??!! Go watch it!.
  16. Jun 4, 2013
    "Without a doubt the most sadistic, gruesome and just plain terrifying film i have had the pleasure of seeing. The Evil Dead is gory, disgusting & pays homage to the original while all the same giving the fans the blood and carnage we have been waiting for" A
  17. Apr 22, 2013
    Impressive 'reboot'. Pays a little homage to the original to when it's due, but includes its own spin. Gore? Check. Laughs? Check. Sinister? Check. Spooky sounds? Check. Awesome soundtrack? Check.
    Only the mythology seemed a little contradictory at times, but overall an awesome reboot for the series. Really looking forward to seeing it again!
  18. Apr 7, 2013
    I'm giving this a 10 because it's probably one of the best horror movies I've seen in a long time. Obviously it's not on the same playing field as the original Evil Dead... but it holds its own. It lacks the campiness which I did miss...

Some things that bugged me (spoilers):
    - characters not interesting, the backstory to the brother sister was snorring. Should have been a couple like
    the original. They tried to hard.
    - The Book of the Dead lacked a face... I understand to make it look more believable... but then the drawings on the inside looked too polished, and the red writing looked cheese-ball.
    - No atmospheric effects, or lacking much of it. Like the swing chair knocking on door, or woods-demon looking through windows. The horror build didn't exist like the original.
    - Burying his sister, digging her up, her face lacking the scars from the hot water scene, like her face was perfect.

Things I loved:
    - End scene with the chainsaw, how she slices the demon down the middle... the raining blood and the red wetness was reminiscent of The Descent.
    - Slipping on the cheek meat.
    - the actor who played the main character, she was great. Too bad the other actors weren't good like her.
    - Secret ending after credits.
    - Keeping with some camera styles.

The only other movie that I thought was a great horror movie that wasn't from the 70-80s was "The Girl" and "Insidious".
  19. Jul 13, 2013
    Groovy, terrifying and incredibly entertaining. Evil Dead 2013 (unlike most remakes) is made with complete care to the original and pays plenty of fan service as well. Viewers can expect an intense, extremely gory and brutally terrifying instalment that never has a dull moment thanks to great cinematography, a nice pace and realistic prosthetics that make all the over-the-top and gruesome violence feel very real. Featuring great performances from Jane Levy and Lou Taylor Pucci and a horrifyingly chilling soundtrack, Evil Dead 2013 is a must see for any horror fan. Stay behind the end credits for an incredibly groovy surprise. Expand
  20. Apr 6, 2013
    This movie was amazing. I'm a huge fan of the original Evil Dead series and I was really worried this remake would suck big time... but it doesn't. Stop looking up reviews for this movie and go see it right now.
  21. Jun 10, 2013
    A fantastic remake. I never expect much from anything on a second go around, but I honestly believe they really outdid themselves with this one. One of the few I may actually enjoy more than the original.
  22. Apr 5, 2013
    It's an extraordinary remake of an extraordinary horror movie, it updates the original in almost every aspect and it delivers what is promises, and it uses gore extremely well like no one ever has, the gore here is used in such a way that it doesn't feel overused or repetitive, it has a meaning to it, the characters are updated as well and each one has a sense of personality of his own, i really enjoyed this flick and recommend it to any horror fan out there. Expand
  23. Jul 2, 2013
    I just can't believe the movie was awesome. It was totally mind-blowing. I loved the 1981 version, but this just got modified. Well, at first, i thought it was going to be another remake with dumb characters who doesn't take anything seriously. Thank god it doesn't. If you don't like heavy gore and have a faint of heart, then you better check out other movies. This is totally a keeper.
  24. Apr 5, 2013
    I have seen the original and loved it. I watched this remake and loved it just as much. I got exactly what I expected from the film: absolute grotesquery and violent carnage. I understand why those who loved the original would not like this one (obviously the original is a classic without compare), but I believe that the remake has done exceptionally well, compared to other horror remakes. I recommend Evil Dead to those who wish to enjoy a hour and a half of absolute brutality and blood lust! --9/10 Expand
  25. Apr 11, 2013
    If you've been half as disappointed in the horror movie genre during this whole paranormal activity craze as I have, its a great idea to go see this movie. From it's clever beginning to its brilliant end, you'll feel perfectly uncomfortable and delighted in all it's gory goodness. Best horror movie in years.
  26. Apr 7, 2013
    Groovy. For Evil Dead fans, it's the perfect remake of the original. There are definitely scares that deliver, but if you're looking for a gore-fest though, welcome home. Also high recommendation to stay till the very end of the credits. To sum up this movie; Groovy.
  27. Apr 9, 2013
    An excellent re-imagining of an iconic movie. Ignore the romantic comedy fans posting negative reviews, this movie is destined to be a classic of horror...GO SEE IT NOW!
  28. Apr 5, 2013
    This movie is phenomenal. Everyones all blah blah blah the original is better but i dont agree. This movie looks realistic whereas the first one was fake as hell. I watched the original recently and thought it was great til the claymation wrecks it. I love Bruce but I really dont think he came into his own until part 2 which was bittersweet because it was nowhere as scary as the first but if you watch it for Mr Campbells comedic performance its a blast (WHO'S LAUGHING NOOWW!) In conclusion I will just say Evil Dead 2013 is a gem for lovers of the horror genre so go see it! Expand
  29. Apr 7, 2013
    A superior horror movie in all respects. Good acting, great gore, good pacing, and the trailers did not ruin the movie. Still showed a little too much in the trailers and the movie had a few unresolved plot points. But that is all the more reason for a sequel. The major critics panned this for the same reason why they pan all horror movies, personal preference. Don't expect Evil Dead 2 or Army of Darkness (both great films). The Evil Dead remake stands on its own and it rules. Cannot wait to see the unrated(possible) on Blu Ray. Expand
  30. Jul 24, 2013
    Wow! This is one hell of a movie and a fantastic remake of what was already a pretty awesome film, but updated for today's generation. It should please most fans of the original as well as newbies that are not aware of it, but it's certainly up there as the film with the most blood I have ever seen, as well as having the most cringe-worthy moments :P Nothing but solid entertainment throughout and I would highly recommend it to any Horror fans, and its now one of my all-time favourite films! Expand
  31. Apr 5, 2013
    The best horror remake ever has officially arrived. This movie demands multiple watches and is disgusting in the best possible way. Every thing is nailed perfectly. The violence is intense but kinda cheesy at the same time, the acting is solid (especially by Levy, who I recognize from "Shameless"), the pacing is absolutely perfect, and its really just an all around crowd pleaser. It even got a standing ovation at the midnight screening I attended the night before it was released. Expand
  32. Apr 8, 2013
    All I can say is that Evil Dead was fantastic! There is tons of blood. I mean take your idea of a lot and multiply it by about 10,000 and that's pretty much the amount of blood and gore used in the Evil Dead. The thing that is really great about Evil Dead is that there is tons of suspense with a few jump scares. There is very little humor in this movie. So, if your one of those narrow minded people who believes that the original was fun and had "great acting" Expand
  33. Apr 24, 2013
    Evil Dead is the remake/reboot of the Critically acclaimed 1981 classic The Evil Dead. It is written and directed by Fade Alvarez, who is relatively new to the directing scene. Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell from the original The Evil Dead also return as producers.
    The film follows a group of 5 friends who head to a remote cabin to try and one of the friends Mia,shake her drug addiction.
    Whilst this is happening another one of the friends finds the “Naturom Demonto” The Book of the Dead, which unleashes demons that live in the nearby wood. The demon possess Mia and then starts pocessing the friends one by one and they’re all left fighting for survival. Overall it’s a really good story and really engaging.
    The acting is also good, Jane Levy does a great job as the lead female role and really holds her own playing Mia. Shiloh Fernandez also does a great job as lead male role, he plays David, Mia’s older brother, he also does a great job. They also both do a great job in the way of portraying brother and sister, I really felt like these to people could be brother and sister.
    The effects for the film are extremely good, Alvarez also said before they started shooting the film that he would not be using CGI effects apart from touch ups, which ment the film would rely on practical effects. This still holds true, it’s still basically all practical effects apart form a few scenes which require CGI because they wouldn’t be able to do them without. All the practical effects look great and look scarily realistic, which is what you need in a good horror movie.
    Overall Evil Dead is an extremely good movie, a good horror movie and a damn fine remake that’s able to stand on it’s own two feet, it’s definitely one of the better remakes in recent years and to be able to almost best the original film it’s based on (In my Opinion) is no easy feet.
  34. Apr 26, 2013
    I had really low expectations when going to see this, but was really surprised. It brings some of the original ideas and puts a more serious tone which surprisingly works alongside the fact there is no CGI. Also stay after the credits for a nice surprise.
  35. May 1, 2013
    Truly shakes up horror films. Not particularly scary, but it'll keep you guessing till the end and is quite entertaining. There are even parts than make you wince, which is exactly what I expect to see in a horror film. There's a sprinkling of homages to the original Evil Dead films, for the fans of the original and I have to say they're not in your face but noticeable. Definitely worth the ridiculous price for a cinema ticket! Expand
  36. Apr 9, 2013
    It was unbelievably so much better than the original. The character development was good, it was way more entertaining, it was way more realistic, and the ending was way better. Despite it being disgustingly gruesome and at times I covered my eyes in the movie theater, I felt that it really brought a new kind of style to the horror genre. I can't wait until Army Of Darkness 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  37. May 5, 2013
    Movie is scary and i didn't sleep after trailer. really good job and i really love this movie i will watch it over and over.And It have a hectoliters of blood.
  38. Apr 5, 2013
    Great movie, its one of the few "scary movies" out there now that is actually scary. it also full of nods to the old series and is incredibly enjoyable even if you don't know anything about the series. I highly recommend this movie for anyone who enjoys horror, gore, or is a fan of the old movies.
  39. Apr 5, 2013
    this movie simply will not let you down. if you like horror movies you will be in heaven. if i could say anything bad about it, its that they showed a little too much in the "red band" trailers.
  40. Apr 5, 2013
    In short; Great, great film. The full version...
    This is a great film but should not have been labelled as a "remake". Bruce Campbell tried to stress this as "a new vision" which is the best way to view this.
    The people who are dogging this too much are trying say "it was boring" or "didn't live up to the original". But in my opinion, you have to think that it's The Evil Dead with the
    budget Sam Raimi hoped for.
    This is the closest thing I can imagine that Sam and Bruce would have called the original script.
    Well done. Excellent movie. If you're a fan of horror movies at all, you must go see this.
  41. Apr 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Evil dead is is smart gory horrifying masterpiece that will not disappoint anybody who loves that genre from the beginning of the movie there is burning bodies and cursing in a demonic voice. The acting was good but the person who stood out is Mia played by Jane levy. This movie will have you cringing and jumping out of your skin I recommend this to anybody who likes a good scare. Expand
  42. Apr 6, 2013
    I can gladly say that this is one of the few modern horror remakes that can actually be classified as horror. I will never understand why critics don't like this; they had the original director co-write the script, almost no CGI, and tons of nods to the first films. Some people just like to whine and whine about the original, but I say that this was a d@mn good film.
  43. Apr 6, 2013
    Likely not the most terrifying film you will ever experience, but probably the most fun you will have at a horror film in some time. It felt very Raimi-esque (especially the deadites) without copy and pasting his style, the spirit of the originals are alive and well. I don't understand the mentions of a lack of humor, this film is full of very funny moments but it takes all that happens seriously.

Overall it was a great ride, and one I'm excited to take again
  44. Apr 6, 2013
    I absolutely loved this movie! I was actually really skeptical at first, too. However, as the movie went on, I was pretty amazed. The gore is brutal, but it works. The filming is gorgeous, and so well done, and the execution of every seen was flawless. And did I mention the final 15 minutes? They were so damn good. And what really stands out, in my opinion, is that I cannot remember ever seeing a horror movie with even a decent final act, whilst Evil Dead's final act is probably the best in the entire movie. If you can sit back and let a movie do it's work, with minor flaws, then you will love this movie. This is truly a milestone in the horror movie genre. Expand
  45. Apr 7, 2013
    The new Evil Dead movie could be a litmus test for true fans of the horror genre. As Entertainment Weekly's review stated so well: the new Evil Dead is "the bloodiest, goriest, slapstickiest horror movie since, well, The Evil Dead."

Horror fans would grin or laugh gleefully at most of the goriest scenes because a) most are truly unique and different than what we've scene before, and b)
    we've seen EVERYTHING before. Anybody else would shut their eyes, grimace, flee the theater, or just wouldn't go.

And it's not that horror fans are gore junkies. Blood, gore and violence are irrelevant and tedious if it's not weaved into a captivating story with decent acting, great directing, and creative plotting.

And that's exactly what the new Evil Dead delivers. Most die-hard horror aficionados know the original Evil Dead by heart. To re-do the first and deliver a new and different version while staying within the bounds of the original is no easy task. But Fede Alvarez in his directorial debut knocks it out of the park. It strikes that fine balance between reverance to the original (with both overt and subtle references) and newness/uniqueness to keep us captivated and excited (and excitement is key as most of us are definitely looking for a cerebral adrenaline rush).

Just modernizing a classic with a bigger budget takes no creativity and falls into the tedium and redundancy which most horror fan's hate. Gus Van Sant's Psycho re-make, where nearly every scene is "copied exactly," is a perfect example of this. One word: BORING.

The last, great horror re-make was 2004's "Dawn of the Dead" which at the time was the best re-make since David Cronenberg's "The Fly" in 1986. That's why us horror fans are rejoicing to have a new movie to re-watch 10 times until the next good one.
  46. Apr 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. They announced that this movie was not going to be like the original in the comedy aspect and people are complaining that it isn't. This movie is as old-school as it can get with the fact that they did not use cgi to carry out any of the violent scenes in the movie. Unlike other movies that cut away from the violence we were presented with everything that would normally happen off screen. That being said there are numerous references to the original movies including filming techniques that make it an absolute treat to watch. The gore scenes left me grinning as I thought about how much effort it took their special effects and makeup personnel to make it look just right. While it doesn't have Ash or a low budget it seems to act like it does and borrows multiple techniques and styles from the original, like they said it would. Some reviewers hate it for the fact that the female characters are "punished" more than their male counterparts. However, like in the original the female characters are the ones who punish the male counterparts. Eric is the example, yes he releases the spirit itself but he is also stabbed, jabbed, shot, and beaten multiple times which shows that karma is indeed working in the movie. It switches the roles and explains mostly everything.

By mostly everything I mean it lacks in the reasoning behind how the abomination is actually summoned. However, they did not explain how Evil Ash came to be in Army of Darkness either. It's just the work of some evil entity who wants to torture and kill some mortals to serve a dark purpose.
  47. Apr 8, 2013
    I've watched my fair share of horror movies, and like many members of the so-called "modern audience" I'd say there is a certain level of desensitization to the genre. It has become very difficult for me to feel frightened while watching a horror movie these days. That said I can honestly say that there were moments in this movie that legitimately terrified me. The gore is borderline excessive and I do mean borderline; it was the right level thereof. It brought a thrill and intensity that was truly chilling. The fact that they went completely with the practical effects approach really added a sense of realism to an otherwise unrealistic situation. Admittedly there is a certain level of stupidity in the face of the situation that some of the characters possess, but that adds to the entertainment value. As a side note, I thought it was kinda funny that the first letters of all the main characters spell out DEMON. Finally I give a nod to the Easter Egg at the end of the credits. Expand
  48. Apr 17, 2013
    Why this movie has gone down to a 57 is beyond my understanding, but this is a scary-ass gorefest that needs to be seen. with its like the original with an alternate ending, and better acting.
  49. Apr 22, 2013
    This was an awesome movie. I personally think this was a little better than the original in the 80s. This an example of what good scary movies are. 10/10.
  50. Apr 22, 2013
    The remake of the 1981 Classic the Evil dead Features more gore and Disgusting Atmosphere that i loved from the old one just with more of the gore. The move was cut out when it was in devolplment becuase of it rating of X it was cut down to a Rated R meaning the DVD verison will give alot more. I think this move was too quick this why im giving it a 9
  51. Apr 26, 2013
    i find this movie amazing. i think my friends and i enjoyed it much more after watching the entire trilogy before hand, so i recommend you do that before hand. i also recommend staying till after the credits ;3.
  52. Apr 26, 2013
    Revolutionary you say?
    no its not.
    One hell of a gory good time you say?
    Then F*CK yeah!
    So in short if you love gore and you love to get the sh*t creeped out of you watch this you will have a blast
  53. May 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you are a fan of intense, violent gore films, with a side order of comedy, this is for you. As a fan of the original series, I was both excited and skeptical, but was immensely pleased when I left the theater. Both times. This film hits on so many levels, I had to make a check list. Tree rape-Check, Removal of ones own arm-Double Check, Jaw splitting via chainsaw-Check, Blood rain storm-Check. Seriously, what is there not to love? Expand
  54. May 18, 2013
    Horror Genre perfection. Someone really needs to educate critics on the difference between the Horror Genre and the Thriller Genre. A horror movie not scaring you isn't a valid criticism.

Much like Evil Dead 2 this takes the original idea and reworks it in an original way. A completely solid and well written horror movie that gets under your skin like horror should. Real horror fans
    will not be disappointed. Expand
  55. Jul 2, 2013
    ATTENZIONE SPOILER Ecco perchè secondo me "LA CASA" un film da 9. Innanzitutto ho gradito quei piccoli particolari che permettono allo spettatore di capire cosa accade in tutto il film, infatti, non rimangono domande sospese o domande che il visionatore normalmente si farebbe come: "ma perchè non bruciano il libro"? Gli effetti speciali sono molto ben curati, nonostante sia un remake non annoia ma anzi, ti tiene costantemente attento.

Indubbiamente per me uno dei migliori horror che abbia visto ultimamente. Davvero ben fatto, assolutamente consigliato :D
  56. May 28, 2013
    This movie absolutely went right down my alley! The movie delivered stunning gore effects (best in years), interesting story although not perfect, and great performance from Jane Levy. I recommend this movie to any horror fan or just simply Someone who enjoys movies.
  57. Jun 24, 2013
    The Evil Dead is actually one of the scariest movies ever, and it is one of the best classics, the remake Evil Dead is as good as the first, with better budget and better improves, but is Evil Dead (2013) scary as the The Evil Dead (1981) No. Evil Dead is extremely scary funny ride, with good acting and great story which is really improved!
  58. Jul 19, 2013
    Typically remakes are never as good as the originals, however I'm glad to say this film doesn't follow that trend. Evil Dead (2013 version) did what the first two attempts could not and that is make a genuine scary, creepy, gory movie!!! I personally believe the horror genre is the hardest of all the genres to make a quality film worth any merit. And this version of Evil Dead is what the first two should have been...a quality horror film actually worth watching. I love this film and a must see if you are a TRUE horror fan! Expand
  59. Jul 29, 2013
    Brutal. Unforgiving. Unforgettable. Fun. I NEVER EVER sort by critic scores, because, well, they NEVER EVER get it right. Overtly dramatic movies with predictable love stories or movies that put me to sleep are the only ones to ever get decent scores. This movie is no exception. 57 average? compared to 7.7? Critics aren't people, and they don't count. Period. Evil Dead was a great horror flick with plenty of homage to the original. Expand
  60. Aug 6, 2013
    This movie kept surprising me. I am a fan of the original series and every time I thought the movie was going on a wrong turn, it just snapped back and proved me wrong. It is *ultra* violent but not in a bad way. See it.
  61. Aug 8, 2013
    As a re-imagining of a cult classic, this movie succeeds on multiple levels. Where this movie succeeds most in, is the way it feels like a new movie and reminds you of the originals at the same time. With excellent visuals, "good enough" acting, excellent use of practical effects and makeup and enough blood and cringe worthy moments to satisfy your palette, this is a worthy and very successful film by a new time director. 10/10 Expand
  62. Jan 25, 2014
    I enjoyed watching this movie. It isn't the most horrific or scary movie, but the cinematography is excellent. This has to be one of the best lower budget remakes of older films to date. There are a few jump scares throughout this film. Some parts of this film also make you cringe. It is an exciting movie and would recommend it to others.
  63. Mar 14, 2014
    out of all the scary films i saw on my tv i never saw a movie that had so much blood . sure a 1981 evil dead was good but this is one of the gore fest movies i had ever seen . sure i saw james wan's saw and it wasnt epic as evil dead remake . but i wish evil dead remake had a sequel

1. Reviewed by: Nigel Floyd
    Apr 29, 2013
    Despite much old-school splatter, it’s seldom frightening and oddly unfunny.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Apr 19, 2013
    It is nowhere near as creepy as the recent indie horror "V/H/S," but it is a full-bloodedly grisly and macabre film that zaps over a few scares.
  3. Reviewed by: Matt Glasby
    Apr 15, 2013
    Closer to Eli Roth than Sam Raimi, this brutal retread combines J-horror atmospherics with torture-porn kills. It’s more evisceration than invention but at least has the courage of its bloody-minded convictions.