7.8

1. Nov 11, 2012
    So long as you like Andrew Lloyd Webber, you'll love this film. Madonna (in probably her best role to date) and Antonia Banderas give great performances, and there are some epic-scale scenes.
  2. AlonsoM.
    Aug 31, 2008
    Excellent music, good Madonna performance, nice edition.
  3. Steven
    Apr 11, 2007
    Bad transition from a play to a film, the play was good, the movie NOT.
  4. SeamusS.
    May 31, 2006
    I give this a positive review only for the pure ambition that went into making it. At moments, it has some of the most cinematicaly moving shots ever commited to film. The only problem being is that after a good hour and a half of nothing but "CRAZY" music, you really do long for some dry dialouge.

1. Experiencing Evita is like watching one uninterrupted long-form music video divided only by different arias or costume changes (of which there are untold numbers).
    But Parker's visuals enliven the music, and Madonna and Banderas bring it passion. By the end of the film we feel like we've had our money's worth, and we're sure Evita has.
    This brash, glitzy, energetic entertainment has the power to hold an audience enraptured, but, at the same time, there's a sense that what we're experiencing is just candy for the eyes and ears.