3.6

1. Nov 5, 2010
    Despite your religious or social beliefs this is a horrible documentary. The first half of the movie is a failure because intelligent design theories SIMPLY CANNOT BE EQUATED TO SCIENTIFIC ONES; They're not science. The second half is an academic embarrassment because it's blatant rhetoric without substance. I gave it a 1 because I enjoyed hating it.
  2. Dec 13, 2011
    'Vile propaganda' summarizes this perfectly. No scientific value. No entertainment value. Instead of traveling the globe over several years, the creator of this movie would have been better off attending middle-school again.
  3. Jul 1, 2011
    Oh boy, I can't stand watching this piece of religious fundamentalist propaganda tripe for even a minute. Let me use of of those ID proponents' tactics. Ben Stein is an ignorant, dishonest cretin who has a slurred voice, sounds like he has some neurological disorder.
  4. May 18, 2014
    Not only is it insultingly stupid, it's not even HONEST. Check elsewhere for documentation of the sleazy tactics employed by the producers, misleading the interviewees about the nature of the movie, relentlessly quote mining their interviews to make it look like they said things they didn't mean, et al. If there weren't an army of fundamentalist idiots in the U.S. who distrust all ofNot only is it insultingly stupid, it's not even HONEST. Check elsewhere for documentation of the sleazy tactics employed by the producers, misleading the interviewees about the nature of the movie, relentlessly quote mining their interviews to make it look like they said things they didn't mean, et al. If there weren't an army of fundamentalist idiots in the U.S. who distrust all of science for the sole reason that some of it doesn't sit well with their religious beliefs, NO ONE would even have wasted their money to go see this movie. Expand
  5. Aug 22, 2010
    When I saw the movie, every single bit of respect I had ever had for Ben Stein went right down the drain. Not only was I slightly offended over the course of the movie, but I literally wanted to get up, find Mr. Stein, and punch him in the mouth for almost completely misinforming any young open minds that happen to stumble across this piece of garbage. To top it off, I've heard that itWhen I saw the movie, every single bit of respect I had ever had for Ben Stein went right down the drain. Not only was I slightly offended over the course of the movie, but I literally wanted to get up, find Mr. Stein, and punch him in the mouth for almost completely misinforming any young open minds that happen to stumble across this piece of garbage. To top it off, I've heard that it portrays an open-minded view, yet it does the exact opposite and criminalizes anyone that believes anything different than (non)intelligent design. Expand
  6. Apr 22, 2012
    People don't like admitting they are wrong that's why the ratings are so low. It IS a great documentary
  7. Oct 14, 2014
    'science leads to killing people' actual line from mr stein, need i say more about this DISHONEST lying "documentary" that dribbles on on, with very easily noticed editing tricks during so called interviews, Stein is a joke

1. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    While roving interviewer Ben Stein extracts some choice soundbites from scientists on both sides of the creation-vs.-evolution debate, the film's flippant approach undermines the seriousness of its discourse, trading less in facts than in emotional appeals.
  2. Reviewed by: Vadim Rizov
    Bizarre and hysterical.
  3. Reviewed by: Adam Markovitz
    Regardless of your personal views, Expelled's heavy-handed bias (a visit to Darwin's home gets the same eerie music as a tour of Dachau) is exasperating.