Extract

6.0

1. JT
    Oct 3, 2009
    This movie is not funny... even on the rare occasions that the jokes work.
  2. RichardW.
    Sep 18, 2009
    A major disappointment. A comedy with few laughs? A social commentary without commentary. An embarrassment to all except J.K. Simmons whose constant sense of bemusement may be the best review of this painful film.
  3. FlitrcroftG
    Sep 27, 2009
    Unfortunately unfunny. I expected so much more, even after reading the mixed reviews here.
  4. EricO.
    Sep 5, 2009
    Big disappointment. I didn't laugh once. Office Space is one of my all time favorite movies. Excellent cast but the script was void of humor.
  5. SheilaS.
    Sep 6, 2009
    It has a poor view of women. Clearly the world as seen from a misogynist's point of view.
  6. TerenceS
    Sep 7, 2009
    This movie cannot even be called a comedy. I laughed maybe 3 to 4 times. In a move to appease Hollywood types, this movie even lacks the originality of Idiocrasy. In a move to get Arrested Development fans, by casting Bateman, pretty much the same characters are present. There is a possibility that it may grow on someone the more times you watch it, but it doesn't seem likely from This movie cannot even be called a comedy. I laughed maybe 3 to 4 times. In a move to appease Hollywood types, this movie even lacks the originality of Idiocrasy. In a move to get Arrested Development fans, by casting Bateman, pretty much the same characters are present. There is a possibility that it may grow on someone the more times you watch it, but it doesn't seem likely from what I saw. Expand
  7. JimJim
    Sep 5, 2009
    It was almost like the direction heard about this thing called a video game that was popular, did a quick check on wikipedia, looked at a screen shot or two and then went to it. They BUTCHER concepts. I remember me and a lot of other people in the theater burst out laughing when they talked about the effect of ping... And then after saying its the most important thing in the game, it It was almost like the direction heard about this thing called a video game that was popular, did a quick check on wikipedia, looked at a screen shot or two and then went to it. They BUTCHER concepts. I remember me and a lot of other people in the theater burst out laughing when they talked about the effect of ping... And then after saying its the most important thing in the game, it never gets talks of again. Which segways into something else about this movie, they introduce concepts or characters, then kill them not 10 minutes later.. It feels like he had a 4 hour plot in mind, but just cut out the middle of every situation; praying for the best. End of the day; bit waste of money. Expand
  8. StuartL
    Oct 17, 2009
    No script, no acting, no point.
  9. pauls.
    Sep 8, 2009
    Probably the least funny "comedy" and most disappointing movie experience I have had in 5 years. I am a huge fan of Judge's Office space and Bateman's Arrested Development so you would think I am the target market here. This movie is an embarrassment for every player involved.
  10. CarlB
    Sep 8, 2009
    Some amusing moments but for the most part the movie dragged on, wasting a lot of good talent,not to mention my time and money.
  11. Fantasy
    Sep 16, 2009
    Absolutely dreadful. Not a funny scene in the entire movie. Avoid.
  12. joshington
    Sep 17, 2009
    Maybe one of the dumbest movies ever made. I hated it.
  13. KK.
    Sep 22, 2009
    Best laugh and only laugh was the neighbor's death scene.
  14. Jim
    Dec 31, 2009
    A big disappointment - mean spirited and not funny.
  15. Nov 18, 2010
    Wow did this movie blow. I give it a 1 for effort but I haven't seen something suck this bad in a while. I don't even know WTF the movie was about? All I know was that it was depressing as hell and was a huge waste of my life.
  16. Nov 4, 2013
    Glad I am not the only one who hated it. Unfunny and painfully slow/boring. Very generic comedy that I would not recommend to anyone at all....what so ever.

1. Not a single person in this ensemble comedy doesn't suffer from colossal stupidity.
  2. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    The picture's attempts at comic portraiture feel sketchy at best, more or less assigning each character a single, belabored trait.
    The movie is characterized by its crisp, cutting, classical framing, and comic timing. The style and approach recall classic Albert Brooks. Indeed, the beleaguered, cuckolded Joel would have been a great role for the young Brooks--adding a certain self-aggrandizing je ne sais quoi or a neurotic zetz that the appealing, but bland, Bateman lacks.