6.0

1. Oct 22, 2011
    I love Mike Judge.. And I love Jason Bateman (AKA The Bater).. What could have gone wrong? Oh, yeah, not enough jokes or deep emotions. SHI I I I I T/
  2. Nov 18, 2010
    Wow did this movie blow. I give it a 1 for effort but I haven't seen something suck this bad in a while. I don't even know WTF the movie was about? All I know was that it was depressing as hell and was a huge waste of my life.
  3. Dec 14, 2010
    It is a live adaption of King of the Hill. I mean that as a compliment. It doesn't have the wild ideas of Idiocracy, which makes me think that Idiocracy wasn't supposed to be hilarious. It just shows what stupid people look like. Most of the things that happen in Extract seem to be pieced together from episodes of King of the Hill. I think it's funny for the things that happen that don't go as planned. Expand
  4. May 6, 2011
    Extract is a pretty average comedy which is solid, if unspectacular. None of the jokes particularly stand out, yet very few fall entirely flat on their face. Everything about the film is relatively average, from the plot to the characters. That is not to say that a viewer will find no enjoyment from watching this film. Indeed, it is inoffensive and never becomes tedious. However, there are far better comedies out there. Expand
  5. j30
    Oct 7, 2011
    Really funny movie. It's good to see Mike Judge getting work. There are some dead parts which doesn't put this even close to Office Space status.
  6. Nov 4, 2013
    Glad I am not the only one who hated it. Unfunny and painfully slow/boring. Very generic comedy that I would not recommend to anyone at all....what so ever.
  7. Sep 1, 2014
    An unusual film subject which ultimately ends up working and being quite humorous. Jason Bateman is in top-form in this not-your-average comedy. Not bad!
  8. Aug 25, 2012
    I really enjoyed this film, it was rather similar to Office Space in terms of style and a little of the story. I thought that Ben Affleck was very good in his supporting role whilst Bateman did his best with the lead. It is definitely worth a watch.

1. Not a single person in this ensemble comedy doesn't suffer from colossal stupidity.
  2. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    The picture's attempts at comic portraiture feel sketchy at best, more or less assigning each character a single, belabored trait.
    The movie is characterized by its crisp, cutting, classical framing, and comic timing. The style and approach recall classic Albert Brooks. Indeed, the beleaguered, cuckolded Joel would have been a great role for the young Brooks--adding a certain self-aggrandizing je ne sais quoi or a neurotic zetz that the appealing, but bland, Bateman lacks.