Facing the Giants

4.8

1. Jim
    Oct 16, 2006
    We all have Giants in our life to face and I think it is remarkable that a church put out a film of this quality on just 100K! The whole movie is a jewel and well worth bringing the whole family too. That includes grandparents....
  2. RH
    Oct 8, 2006
    What a surprise! This was one of the most fun movies I have seen in a long time. It was funny, exciting, gripping, and refreshing. Even though I am a Christian I don't usually like "Christian" movies. They tend to be religious and preachy. This movie was NOT! I think anyone, of any religion (or no religion at all) could like this movie. Great football action sequences! Great story! I What a surprise! This was one of the most fun movies I have seen in a long time. It was funny, exciting, gripping, and refreshing. Even though I am a Christian I don't usually like "Christian" movies. They tend to be religious and preachy. This movie was NOT! I think anyone, of any religion (or no religion at all) could like this movie. Great football action sequences! Great story! I don't usually cry, but in several places I literally wept for joy! I highly recommend this movie! Expand
  3. StevenS
    Jan 4, 2007
    Yes, the acting is not perfert but they are not claiming to be million dollor actors. the Messsage is great. The story is good (I'm not a football fan). I believe every pre-teen and teenager should see this movie.
  4. K.S.
    Feb 1, 2007
    Great inspiration. Wholesome and encouraging entertainment.
  5. EricH.
    Feb 20, 2007
    This is the kind of story that I love. Winning comes from putting things in proper perspective. When this is done you can't lose. Even if the field goal is wide right.
  6. IanW.
    Mar 11, 2007
    Terrific, highly entertaining. Every movie doesn't have to be a high budget hollywood production to be taken seriously and enjoyed by families. This movie achieved just that. Our family loved it. Wish there were more like it.
  7. JaredB.
    Mar 13, 2007
    A really good friend of mine recommended this movie to me. I am so glad she did. Not only was it one of the best football films I have ever seen, but it also presented a very straight-forward Christian message. This movie had it all- a moving story, great acting, and football. My only complaint is with the MPAA. Why would you give a movie that has no objectionable material a PG rating? If A really good friend of mine recommended this movie to me. I am so glad she did. Not only was it one of the best football films I have ever seen, but it also presented a very straight-forward Christian message. This movie had it all- a moving story, great acting, and football. My only complaint is with the MPAA. Why would you give a movie that has no objectionable material a PG rating? If you ask me, this movie needs to be re-rated and given a G. Anyway, pick up this movie as soon as possible. Trust me, you will find it well worth your time and money Expand
  8. AllenN.
    Mar 6, 2007
    This is an enjoyable inspirational film with a good storyline and a strong Christian message. The actors won
  9. GeorgeH.
    Oct 2, 2006
    This is a fantasitc film! Knowing this was produced for only $100K dollars and no professional actors, is amazing. I highly recommend.
  10. MarkG.
    Oct 4, 2006
    I was pretty cynical about this film at first, but I loved it despite myself. It has heart--more than a lot of the pretentious, self-congratulating independent films out there. And Facing the Giants is earnest. Whether you agree with the message or not, you can tell that the actors really believe it. Certainly, knowing the story behind the movie makes it more powerful.
  11. StelP.
    Oct 5, 2006
    This film's budget was a mere $100,000, and from that fact alone, I'm amazed at the end result. This is a quality family film that blends football and faith very well. And the best thing is that the "dorky" factor that's found in many Christian-oriented films is nowhere to be found here. It includes great football segments which were filmed by a crew from "Friday Night This film's budget was a mere $100,000, and from that fact alone, I'm amazed at the end result. This is a quality family film that blends football and faith very well. And the best thing is that the "dorky" factor that's found in many Christian-oriented films is nowhere to be found here. It includes great football segments which were filmed by a crew from "Friday Night Lights," and you can feel the pain! Granted, this isn't Chariots of Fire or The Chronicles of Narnia, but it IS a great family film that deserves wide exposure. Kudos to Sony for picking it up for distribution. Expand
  12. JamiF.
    Feb 9, 2007
    I thought this was a fantastic movie. One my entire family could watch together. I can't wait until they make thier next one!!
  13. KeithB.
    Mar 24, 2007
    While I will concede with others who said the acting and some technical elements were flawed, I believe also that this film targeted a specific audience - and it nailed it! Secular critics, and - shall we say - the "unchurched" will never get this film but will scratch their heads over its overwhelming popularity with people like me. I grew up seeing typical "preachy" Christian films and While I will concede with others who said the acting and some technical elements were flawed, I believe also that this film targeted a specific audience - and it nailed it! Secular critics, and - shall we say - the "unchurched" will never get this film but will scratch their heads over its overwhelming popularity with people like me. I grew up seeing typical "preachy" Christian films and endured them into early adulthood. I have since learned the value of films like "Star Wars," "A Beautiful Mind," and, yes, "The Departed." This story moved my wife and me to tears as we watched it at home. I will be forever grateful to God and to the Sherwood Baptist Church for crafting a story that is so emotionally true and spiritually uplifting. What an awesome achievement! Expand
  14. KazushiS.
    Apr 9, 2007
    Very pleasantly suprised. Not a big budget production, but go in with the proper expectations, and you will be pleased. Uplifting.
  15. JohnH.
    Feb 23, 2007
    It doesn't get any better than this! Our founding fathers would be so proud of such a film, as everything they beleived in and stood for, (such as, life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness), was based on their belief in almighty God. Imagine, the positive impact on Americans, (especially our youth), if our entertainment industry provided similar productions, as the norm. I It doesn't get any better than this! Our founding fathers would be so proud of such a film, as everything they beleived in and stood for, (such as, life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness), was based on their belief in almighty God. Imagine, the positive impact on Americans, (especially our youth), if our entertainment industry provided similar productions, as the norm. I recommend, anyone breathing,should watch thisfilm! The fact that the movie rating industry placed a PG rating on this film, to warn parents about a message showing that "all things are possible though God", is ludicrous! Expand
  16. JaredC
    Aug 19, 2007
    Josh Rosenblatt for Austin Chronicle says it all, but the movie truly is inspirational, and powerful, its the best football movie I've ever seen. A must see, do not skip this. It is sappy but very emotional, even more sad than Extreme Makeover home edition. Its very influential, so do not judge this movie on how boring it is, because it is, but its excellent.
  17. ClayW.
    Dec 15, 2006
    To keep it short, Facing The Giants had some pretty good football sequences in it, and this coupled with its great morals was precisely the reason I liked it. And yes, I am a Christian.
  18. Apr 8, 2014
    Really motivating! Great effort by the cast and crew... at its core its Human Arrogance Vs Godly Submission.. lots to learn if you are humble and open-minded enough to learn....The element of the supernatural in life's battles is something which even i have experienced while facing my giants... however this movie is foolishness to those who have been wired and conditioned to like moviesReally motivating! Great effort by the cast and crew... at its core its Human Arrogance Vs Godly Submission.. lots to learn if you are humble and open-minded enough to learn....The element of the supernatural in life's battles is something which even i have experienced while facing my giants... however this movie is foolishness to those who have been wired and conditioned to like movies that have no element of God or morality in it.. Expand

1. Reviewed by: William Lobdell
    Facing the Giants, which despite its flaws is ultimately a sweet, sincere movie about Christian faith.
  2. Like too many films of faith, it mixes its message, proclaiming that a life given over to God is a reward unto itself, and then handing over victories to its faithful like some overtime bonus.
  3. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    For those who felt insufficiently uplifted by "Invincible" and "Gridiron Gang," here comes Facing the Giants, an aggressively inspirational drama about a born-again high school football coach.