6.3

1. MattK.
    Feb 4, 2007
    I think it is pretty powerfull. I know many a current "factory girl" and I wish they'd see this movie and wake up.
  2. MikeO.
    Jan 1, 2007
    The acting is decent, the story is kind of a mess. In the end, it doesn't really add up to much. Catch it on DVD.
  3. NatalieR.
    Jan 31, 2007
    I had such high hopes for this movie, but it fails to capture.
  4. Dec 18, 2010
    This film is so pretentious I can feel Andy Warhol awkwardly turning in his grave. This serious attempt to expose the abuse of love plays like a preschool playground romance. It is shallow and of little value to those who can remember the 60s or the MTV generation. It's appeal is representative of glamour and on the surface is enjoyable as a caricature of history. Despite strong castingThis film is so pretentious I can feel Andy Warhol awkwardly turning in his grave. This serious attempt to expose the abuse of love plays like a preschool playground romance. It is shallow and of little value to those who can remember the 60s or the MTV generation. It's appeal is representative of glamour and on the surface is enjoyable as a caricature of history. Despite strong casting the illusion of performance is evidence of style over substance. Hickenlooper exploits the memory of Warhol and Sedgwick and disrespects art in the process. Expand

1. Reviewed by: David Ehrenstein
    Sienna Miller captures much of Edie’s physical manner and some of her voice (though she’s nowhere near deep enough), but there’s nothing she can do with material that requires her to mope and pout for the bulk of her screen time.
    It's more like "That Girl" on speed than anything else.
  3. Director George Hickenlooper captures the energy and ultra-irony of Warhol's scene, but his attempts to give the film a conventional biopic arc end up wallowing in dime-store psychology.