6.2

1. StacieL.
    Apr 13, 2007
    I don't care if people think that Michael Moore has twisted facts and edited the footage to make George Bush look bad. Personally I think George did this himself. All that Michael did was give us facts, have his say on it and let us decide whether or not Bush was right about his actions. This film has made me open my eyes to the cruelness and the lies that's in the world.
  2. NickA.
    Oct 10, 2006
    Never could one film have so polarized opinions on both sides of the political spectrum within the USA as this. Although some of Mr. Moore
  3. Jake
    Nov 13, 2005
    I've just got to say, America is full of morons and brainwashed people. Americans (mainly just stupid people) let this monster of a president into office, and now he's completely screwed up America and this movie exposes it. If this country completely depending on the direct vote of the people, that piece of garbage in the white house wouldn't be our president.
  4. DaneS.
    Apr 21, 2005
    This is one of the best documentaries I've ever seen, with Moore's Bowling for Columbine. It is fantastic. People who say Moore is dishonest is because they are clearly drugged/brainwashed and are Bush-supporters. I myself am neither Republican or Democrat, I do not like to limit myself. I vote who I think is the best candidate. And clearly America was dumb again. Oh well. This is one of the best documentaries I've ever seen, with Moore's Bowling for Columbine. It is fantastic. People who say Moore is dishonest is because they are clearly drugged/brainwashed and are Bush-supporters. I myself am neither Republican or Democrat, I do not like to limit myself. I vote who I think is the best candidate. And clearly America was dumb again. Oh well. There's always Canada. Expand
  5. GabbyH.
    Mar 30, 2005
    This movie was amazing. Ya know, people say that Moore is dishonest, his facts arent true, blah blah blah. Just the videos of Dubya show you how much of an idiot he is. I would be ashamed to be a Bush supporter after seeing this movie in fear of being pelted by tomatoes in public. Keep these movies coming, Mr. Moore!
  6. CaptainCraig
    Feb 20, 2005
    Even if only half of the facts in this production are correct....its the scariest move you will ever see. I give it 8 points for the productions values and 2 more for the guts to make it!
  7. MuhammadK.
    Dec 1, 2004
    This documentary is not propaganda nor is it 'fair and balanced' as one critic said. Documentaries are supposed to be fair like FOX (sarcasm intented). It is 'in your face' free-speech for Bush Inc. by members of a Democratic nation.
  8. JohnH.
    Nov 6, 2004
    In reality, it is a nine, but I wish to counter-balance the conservative fools who give it zeros. They just want the ****ing tax breaks. Moore gives an insightful look into the darker side of big buisness. In its nature, it is to point out people who get power, and abuse it. Since Bush is one of the best examples now, he just happens to get bashed. Anyway, Bravo!
  9. Misha
    Oct 29, 2004
    Watching the movie hasn't changed my mind much, as I already had a strong opinion about the whole thing... My message to everyone - open your eyes! Wake up to face the music. Moore has done a great job to shake us all up.
  10. DavidC.
    Oct 23, 2004
    This documentary was excellent. I wish it didn't have to resort to showing the mangled bodies of innocent children to get the point across. I also did notice some of the collaborators and Micheal stuffing words in people's mouths a couple of times. But this is an eye openner of a doc. I highly recommend it.
  11. PatriciaS.
    Oct 23, 2004
    Verry goooodddd.
  12. SeanG.(fromCanada)
    Oct 22, 2004
    First off.....Carol C & Tyrone A...shows how much you really know about the the world outside the precious US of A. The terrorists are ISLAM NOT MUSLIM. There is a difference but u yanks are to hard headed to make an informed opinion. Next , not once did Moore say his film is fair and balanced. It is his opinion based on FACTS. Tell me one part of the movie that is a direct lie....it may First off.....Carol C & Tyrone A...shows how much you really know about the the world outside the precious US of A. The terrorists are ISLAM NOT MUSLIM. There is a difference but u yanks are to hard headed to make an informed opinion. Next , not once did Moore say his film is fair and balanced. It is his opinion based on FACTS. Tell me one part of the movie that is a direct lie....it may put a dramatic spin on it but it is true. Next he affirmed that Iraq wasnt a place to fight terror. (unless you take in to account the terrorists came to Iraq...once the US went in). If you guys took all the troops from Iraq and put them in Afganistan and the rest of the world ...the world would be safer. And then you Americans could actually afford decent health care and better HOMELAND security (which is precisely what u need) I dont get peoples conservative me first, f*** everyone else who disagrees with us..view. The most scary part of far 911 was the black congressmen who got shafted after the 2000 election. That blew me away. 911 is a deserved inditment of Bush and his cronies...who wanted the invade Iraq right after 911. Finish what his dad didnt. It makes me sick. This docu is a must view for any american who cares about their country. THE TERRORISTS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IRAQ....when are u bush supporters going to get this through you thick skulls!!! Props to Micheal Moore for fighting the powers that be...its the best way to show that a democracy is working. Expand
  13. StephenM.
    Oct 21, 2004
    An important film for those who can open their eyes and minds.
  14. VanessaR.
    Oct 21, 2004
    Tell it like it is Roger Moore! Those critics who will not face reality are the ones who need to be in Iraq fighting an unnecessary war. Obviously, they do not have any children there fighting an unecessary war.
  15. MatthieuR.
    Oct 11, 2004
    A must see for anyone foolish enough to actually support this war. Drop the tough guy act and rhetoric, and actually witness some of the horrors we are guilty of.
  16. AchimH.
    Oct 11, 2004
    Important movie.
  17. jifu
    Oct 8, 2004
    Resolution 1441 did not authorize the war. Many people feel that the war was illegal, such as Hans Blix and Kofi Annan, who said that the invasion did not have the Security Council approval and was therefore illegal. Not that Americans care what the U.N. thinks. As to the movie: the best of his movies so far. The editing and music were superb, and only once or twice did the pacing seem Resolution 1441 did not authorize the war. Many people feel that the war was illegal, such as Hans Blix and Kofi Annan, who said that the invasion did not have the Security Council approval and was therefore illegal. Not that Americans care what the U.N. thinks. As to the movie: the best of his movies so far. The editing and music were superb, and only once or twice did the pacing seem off. This was a very moving work of art that really hits the emotions. I am happy that it is being called more than a documentary. Expand
  18. TrentK
    Oct 5, 2004
    I think any person who gave it a 0 is a Republican, and a scared one at that. Moore makes such valid points, that your fear is justified. See this movie. Very eye-opening.
  19. StuF.
    Oct 5, 2004
    People who think Michael Moore is a communist are wrong. He is made this movie because he knows the potential of America and Bush is simply ruining the lives of families and America's good name.
  20. PayamM.
    Oct 5, 2004
    I loved the movie. I made me both laugh and cry, but most importantly, it makes me want to vote. I signed up last week and I know where my vote is going. The DVD came out today and I am buying a copy for my mom, and my brother, my dad, my aunts, and my neighbor. Oh, and one for myself. Thank you Michael for showing us that you can't bribe the "rich" forever. No the common middle I loved the movie. I made me both laugh and cry, but most importantly, it makes me want to vote. I signed up last week and I know where my vote is going. The DVD came out today and I am buying a copy for my mom, and my brother, my dad, my aunts, and my neighbor. Oh, and one for myself. Thank you Michael for showing us that you can't bribe the "rich" forever. No the common middle class knows whats going on. We have power in numbers and that will be reflected in our votes! Expand
  21. RyanM.
    Oct 5, 2004
    Every thread of this film, which challenges "Hoop Dreams" for the spot of best documentary ever, is not fiction but fact. People who disagree with Moore would love to find something in this film that was fabricated, but it isn't. That is, at its very core, the genius of "Fahrenheit 9/11". It's reality not fantasy, and even at that, it's more riveting than any other film Every thread of this film, which challenges "Hoop Dreams" for the spot of best documentary ever, is not fiction but fact. People who disagree with Moore would love to find something in this film that was fabricated, but it isn't. That is, at its very core, the genius of "Fahrenheit 9/11". It's reality not fantasy, and even at that, it's more riveting than any other film I've seen so far this year. Completely amazing in every way. Expand
  22. MooreforpresidentM
    Oct 5, 2004
    Best movie Ive seen all year. A lot of you out there need to open your ignorant eyes and see that the Bush Administration is corrupt. Do you know what that word means?
  23. AlejandroD.
    Sep 30, 2004
    Excelent movie, which shows a lot of things that people who only base on what the media says, wouldn't know otherwise. I don't understand why some people still defend Bush, knowing that he is after all just a puppet. He is not capable of being the president of a country that has that much influence around the world. Especially a president who only cares about money, killing Excelent movie, which shows a lot of things that people who only base on what the media says, wouldn't know otherwise. I don't understand why some people still defend Bush, knowing that he is after all just a puppet. He is not capable of being the president of a country that has that much influence around the world. Especially a president who only cares about money, killing other people, and doesn't care a bit about the earth. Good job Michael Moore, you are THE MAN!!! Expand
  24. IbanescuE.
    Sep 24, 2004
    A movie that speaks loud and clear about hypocrisy and stupidity... i can only ask myself how comes that many americans still praise bush as a great leader... maybe its the president they deserve after all :)
  25. JH
    Sep 22, 2004
    Was it pure, unbias journalism.... No. Movies like this are important because they express an opinion. The mainstream media also does this but they can't admit it. Moore explores territory of central importance to the people of the United States. Casting doubts as it goes, 9/11 illustrates a critical version of contemporary political events. What makes it so incendiary is it's Was it pure, unbias journalism.... No. Movies like this are important because they express an opinion. The mainstream media also does this but they can't admit it. Moore explores territory of central importance to the people of the United States. Casting doubts as it goes, 9/11 illustrates a critical version of contemporary political events. What makes it so incendiary is it's frankness, contrasted with the current, lazy eyed, media-ocrity that commercial news broadcasting has become famous for. Expand
  26. PerttiK.
    Sep 13, 2004
    Great Leader my ass ! Maybe the best film this year... Moores got some balls to publish this kind of propaganda but luckily its good. i can only pity americans who wont still believe that Bush is far more worst than any of these "diktators" ... first he supports Bin Ladens troops and woops there goes the neighbourhood (WTC) Great piece of art.
  27. DekeM.
    Sep 10, 2004
    Don't listen to the fascists, go see the movie.
  28. MarkB.
    Sep 3, 2004
    Woodrow Wilson once described D. W. Griffith's Birth of a Nation as being "history written with lightning". Cinematically, of course, he was right; but if spin doctors had existed back then, they would've informed him that even in 1916, publicly extolling a film that, however well made, amonts to a 2 1/2 hour recruiting poster for the Klan maybe isn't the thing for a U. S. Woodrow Wilson once described D. W. Griffith's Birth of a Nation as being "history written with lightning". Cinematically, of course, he was right; but if spin doctors had existed back then, they would've informed him that even in 1916, publicly extolling a film that, however well made, amonts to a 2 1/2 hour recruiting poster for the Klan maybe isn't the thing for a U. S. President to do. Well, maybe the current White House resident won't be using those words to describe Michael Moore's brilliantly entertaining, thought-provoking "op-ed documentary" right now, but clearly many moviegoers are doing just that...and more will follow if Moore accomplishes his stated goal of making George W. Bush a "one-term wonder". I'll be among the first to admit that some of the film's inevitable criticisms aren't TOTALLY without merit:his attempt to read the president's mind on 9/11 is at best spurious-- who knows what any of us in Bush's position would do when receiving the horrible news... and the only individual who truly knows what was going through Bush's mind then was Bush. Sadly, too, Moore's attempt to go for the emotional gut late on isn't 100% successful because an inevitable by-product of ALL wars good or bad, justified or unjustified is far too great a number of Lila Lipscombs. All valid, and yet Moore's film succeeds AT WHAT IT SETS OUT TO DO for the same reasons that Oliver Stone's dazzling, incendiary JFK did 13 years ago. Both films are masterful in their use of the "spaghetti-on-the-wall" attack: Stone threw every possible conspiracy theory, widely discussed or whispered, at the audience within three hours; he didn't care if you bought into all or even most of them--he just wanted to put a bug in your ear to at least question the Warren Commission. Moore, in like fashion, knows that he's not going to fully convince you of every accusation he levels at Bush & Co., but he also knows that if a few are true, they've got some 'splainin' to do...and if a few more are true as well, screw the elections, let's begin impeachment proceedings ASAP! Along with Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ (of all films to compare this to!) Fahrenheit 9/11 has irrevocably redefined everything the studios thought they knew about what they thought audiences wanted to see, which is why I honestly can't see why ANYONE who truly loves film, regardless of whether they think that Bush's actions in Iraq are the greatest humanitarian act since the days of Oskar Schindler or that he deserves more terms in office than FDR, would pass this film up. (This includes all you Metacritic contributors who didn't let your refusal to see it stop you from giving it a big fat goose egg!) Perhaps, too, "the choir" that Moore has been accused of preaching too is bigger than even he imagined; not only did he quintuple his own previous box office record (and that for any documentary), but the fact that lots of other elephant-shooting documentaries (The Hunting of the President, Control Room, Bush's Brain, Outfoxed, The Corporation...even, in its own way, Super Size Me) are playing in theaters and doing well indicates that there are definitely some raw nerves out there itching to be tapped. Let's face it; paying to see ANY movie (plus refreshments, babysitting, parking and maybe dinner) is definitely more of a commitment than just clicking on Fox News or Rush Limbaugh...or even buying a Regnery Press book that may or may not get finished. So to those of you who want that unregenerate, America-hating traitor Moore and his work wiped off the face of the earth, may I humbly suggest this: make your OWN liberal-bashing, anti-Kerry movie, get it into theaters, and I'll be delighted to pony up my $6.50 for a matinee ticket. After all, EVERYONE (including, believe it or not, Moore) has the right to persuade fellow Americans to their point of view, and then in November we get to decide who was the most persuasive. That's what the America that you vociferously claim to be the only ones who truly love is all about, isn't it? Well, isn't it? Hmmmm? Expand
  29. DrewH.
    Aug 26, 2004
    Extremely well made and interesting. but the man definetly stretches the facts and makes a lot of matters look much worse than they really are. other than that though its just a really interesting politically based documentary/comedy that all democrats should see and republicans should avoid at all costs.
  30. Sharon
    Aug 22, 2004
    Contrary to another reviewer who states that Moore takes a cheap shot at Bush and his administration, I say wake up and smell the coffee. We have been duped by our government and it is really sad. Thanks to 9/11 we can question what has been going on instead of believing everthing that we hear. I, for one, am not voting for George Bush in this election - and, it seems to me, others would Contrary to another reviewer who states that Moore takes a cheap shot at Bush and his administration, I say wake up and smell the coffee. We have been duped by our government and it is really sad. Thanks to 9/11 we can question what has been going on instead of believing everthing that we hear. I, for one, am not voting for George Bush in this election - and, it seems to me, others would be wise and smart to do so also. Expand
  31. Dice
    Aug 19, 2004
    If i could i would give this movie a 15 it was awesome any1 who hates this movie obviously fell asleep during the movie this movie tells you things u would have never known. if anyone thinks that this movie was all lies is a moron.
  32. N.Churchill
    Aug 10, 2004
    Very disturbing.
  33. Nadine
    Aug 1, 2004
    Anyone who says this movie is anti-American needs to use their brains and take a better look at this movie. I've noticed the only people who don't like this movie are IGNORANT in every sense of the word and very closed minded.
  34. DudeN.
    Jul 29, 2004
    Excellent !
  35. MichealB.
    Jul 28, 2004
    Good movie, this points out the horrible job the bush administration has done, and its consequences.
  36. BlaiseD.
    Jul 26, 2004
    Why the hell is support of the Patriot Act part of the Democratic Platform?? And why is a full committment to increasing troop support and democratization of Iraq until it's done in that document, written by Kerry??? When the hell will the Democrats wake up and listen to Michael Moore? I'm about ready to jump off and head over to the Nader camp as the Democrats are wussies! I Why the hell is support of the Patriot Act part of the Democratic Platform?? And why is a full committment to increasing troop support and democratization of Iraq until it's done in that document, written by Kerry??? When the hell will the Democrats wake up and listen to Michael Moore? I'm about ready to jump off and head over to the Nader camp as the Democrats are wussies! I loved F911 and was hoping that the Democratic party would embrace it.... Oh well... Better luck in 4 years, I guess, when there will be a true 3-party race. Expand
  37. IanG.
    Jul 23, 2004
    An incredible wakeup call to the popular vote. All will be challenged to think for themselves in the age of manufactured news and fear-mongering.
  38. Sabrina
    Jul 23, 2004
    I would just like to say that I thought the movie was great. It not only had evidence of Bush's relations with the Saudies, but it showed that for no reason we started a war with Iraq. He even admitted he wasn't worried about Osama, wasn't that who we wanted to catch in the first place? And if this evidence is so untrue why isn't Moore in trouble?
  39. MichaelP.
    Jul 19, 2004
    There's enough truth to make a damning case against the George W. Bush administration and enough exaggeration to leave the door open to plenty of doubt. Only the most extreme left or right wing viewer of the film could watch it and not feel tugged in both directions by the film. It is a very powerful statement that may very well impact the fall election. The scenes from Iraq were There's enough truth to make a damning case against the George W. Bush administration and enough exaggeration to leave the door open to plenty of doubt. Only the most extreme left or right wing viewer of the film could watch it and not feel tugged in both directions by the film. It is a very powerful statement that may very well impact the fall election. The scenes from Iraq were among the most terrible war footage available, very up close and personal, very much footage every American should see and contemplate as the country decides how long to stay the course there. This is a movie to see with your most politically involved friends, followed by a trip to the bar for a spirited debate. I went this evening because everyone in my office is talking about the film. I suspect those conversations are being repeated across the country. Probably good conversations for the country to be having in an election year. Definitely see this film if you care about your country. Collapse
  40. RichardG.
    Jul 18, 2004
    As some that is and was against the Iraq war from the beginning this movie plays with my senses, it tells me a little more, why I may be against the war. This movie is great, moore does a good job of making you hate what he hates and making you love what he loves, by incorporating music and by showing average people telling there stories. This movie truely lets one think about George As some that is and was against the Iraq war from the beginning this movie plays with my senses, it tells me a little more, why I may be against the war. This movie is great, moore does a good job of making you hate what he hates and making you love what he loves, by incorporating music and by showing average people telling there stories. This movie truely lets one think about George Bush, and ask "Why is he not going after Bin Laden and the terrorist?" "Why is he focusing on Iraq". It seems to me that Bush needs to answer all these questions quickly. Expand
  41. JohnN.
    Jul 17, 2004
    Gets you thinking ! Is it time we all had ?more? of a think, it may not be all as bad as you?re made to think, but of only some of it is true, is it time for big changes and safe guards in democracy ?
  42. RobbieR.
    Jul 17, 2004
    Regardless of your point of view, the idea is to expose yourself to information for your own analysis. If you choose to ignore it, that's your prerogative, but it certainly doesn't forbid Moore's individual right to free speech. Also, to Bob H., you are being disingenous and intentionally mis-stating the point of Moore's issue with the lack of political offspring Regardless of your point of view, the idea is to expose yourself to information for your own analysis. If you choose to ignore it, that's your prerogative, but it certainly doesn't forbid Moore's individual right to free speech. Also, to Bob H., you are being disingenous and intentionally mis-stating the point of Moore's issue with the lack of political offspring enlisted for military service. The "Hollywood liberals" you attack did not vote for or in many cases support/endorse military engagement in Iraq. Moore's point is that the very people who opted to send our troops to war had no PERSONAL stake in their welfare. Essentially, he questions whether their resolve would have been affected had their own sons and daughters been at risk. Expand
  43. BrianH.
    Jul 16, 2004
    The scared conservative nitpicking about this movie is hilarious. I haven't read anything that really undercuts the basic message of the film. It rightly takes this criminal administration to task...
  44. BillH.
    Jul 16, 2004
    Those 7 minutes of Bush sitting in the Florida classroom after he'd been told the country was under attack said it all to me!!
  45. CarolL.
    Jul 15, 2004
    In my opinion, the best Michael Moore movie so far. He used more restraint than I would have been able to in painting a multi-layered picture of a know-nothing, well-connected C-student who stole one election and HOPEFULLY will not make off with a second!! The black screen with the sounds of September 11 in NYC made it clear how jaded we have become to the visuals of the day; the sounds In my opinion, the best Michael Moore movie so far. He used more restraint than I would have been able to in painting a multi-layered picture of a know-nothing, well-connected C-student who stole one election and HOPEFULLY will not make off with a second!! The black screen with the sounds of September 11 in NYC made it clear how jaded we have become to the visuals of the day; the sounds themselves were chilling and new. His unflinching look at Lila Lipscomb underscored the tragedy of the betrayal of our citizens' trust by the current administration. Expand
  46. MichelleR
    Jul 15, 2004
    I very much enjoyed this documentary...let me just say it's not a surprise...
  47. Dannys.
    Jul 14, 2004
    If nothing else, this movie has truly accomplished something by provoking thought and noisy discussion. It seems that everywhere I go, I hear people debating the facts and observations presented in Fahrenheit 9/11. This is the sound made by a non-complacent, non-apathetic group of people. This is the sound of democracy in action. This is the same sound heard after Moore's If nothing else, this movie has truly accomplished something by provoking thought and noisy discussion. It seems that everywhere I go, I hear people debating the facts and observations presented in Fahrenheit 9/11. This is the sound made by a non-complacent, non-apathetic group of people. This is the sound of democracy in action. This is the same sound heard after Moore's controversial Oscar acceptance speech for Bowling for Columbine, and anyone who has viewed that DVD's bonus features will know that this is exactly the sort of reaction Moore is looking for- not necessarily 100% agreement, just a passionate reaction either way. Yet again, he has definitely succeeded in that context with his most recent work. Expand
  48. DaveN.
    Jul 14, 2004
    Alright... Here's a Canadian's perspective (which, from what I've been I've been reading here will undoubtedly be attacked simply because I'm Canadian): I thought the film, as a documentary, was well done. No, it's not unbiased, but it shouldn't be - even CNN isn't unbiased! Perspective is about seeing things from different angles or viewpoints. Alright... Here's a Canadian's perspective (which, from what I've been I've been reading here will undoubtedly be attacked simply because I'm Canadian): I thought the film, as a documentary, was well done. No, it's not unbiased, but it shouldn't be - even CNN isn't unbiased! Perspective is about seeing things from different angles or viewpoints. Perspective is good and allows you to make better decisions. Perspecitve is never a bad thing. But I'm also looking at what Moore was probably up against to even attempt a project like this. Other reviewers claim that anybody who agreed with points in this film are "brainwashed". I don't know, I have to wonder what has the greater capacity to brainwash: seeing one biased film or seeing biased news and other media everyday. Think about that. The very fact that many Americans brag that the US is "the greatest country in the world" is part of the problem. Sure America has a lot of great people, it's a beautiful country, and it's a free country... but lots of countries are like that. There's nothing wrong with being proud of where you come from, but really, get over yourselves! And to "Fantasy", regarding your comment that Canadians would be speaking German right now if it weren't for the US, maybe that's true, but Canada got into WWII and fought for our freedoms long before the US joined in. So enough Canada bashing already. By your rationale, Americans would be speaking French if it weren't for Canadians. Can't we give this a rest? We're all great okay? And by the way, France is a fantastic country too! All you guys out there who are saying that Moore lies or fabricates his points, would you be so kind as to point out specifically where he has done this? I'd like to be able to check this out. Moore backs up all his information, and shows how I can check it out, so if you know of a discrepancy, point it out! Don't just say he lies. Just because someone sees this film and agrees with the perspective presented, doesn't mean that they saw the film and changed their minds. Many people are quite well read and informed on these issues, and applaud Moore bringing them to light in mass media. Hey, to many people this will be an eye opener, but whatever they believe, this film is getting people to talk about US policies. It's getting people to discuss the role that greed and money play in how the US interacts with other nations. Try to think of the US as a person. Think about what kind of personality that person would have. Would you want that person, say as a co-worker or someone you have to interact with? C'mon, doesn't everybody love hanging out with a bossy friend who says they are the greatest person in the world, and only does things in their own interests? Despite how this all must sound, I'm not trying to bash the US. Seriously. As a Canadian, I love to travel in the US. Most of the people are very welcoming, accepting, and friendly, and the country has some of the most beautiful places on Earth. From my travels around the world, I think the only thing that sours Americans to others around the world is that Americans are bombarded with media telling them that they are greatest and better than everybody else, and after a while, some Americans proclaim it. Moore isn't Canadian, though I wouldn't have a problem if he was. He's a level headed American who isn't terribly happy with the way his country's leaders are playing in the global sandbox. Expand
  49. Soitgoes
    Jul 14, 2004
    This movie should be required viewing in November.
  50. JordanB.
    Jul 13, 2004
    This is an inspiration of a movie from a compassionate, patriotic man. Anyone who calls this film anti-American has obviously not seen it... and anyone who has not seen the film should not comment on it - I'm talking about certain White House spokespeople, FoxNews, MSNBC, etc. This film is not propaganda and does not serve to brainwash people. The real brainwashing comes from the This is an inspiration of a movie from a compassionate, patriotic man. Anyone who calls this film anti-American has obviously not seen it... and anyone who has not seen the film should not comment on it - I'm talking about certain White House spokespeople, FoxNews, MSNBC, etc. This film is not propaganda and does not serve to brainwash people. The real brainwashing comes from the Bush administration - such as scare tactics used to get Americans to back an UNJUST war - and certain news commentators who chose to call Michael Moore a "fat socialist" and swear that he presents nothing but fiction even though they do not choose to see the film and do not actually explain what they believe to be lies. This crooked administration has tried to pull the wool over our eyes and this film was made to inspire people to not be controlled so easily. If this were Clinton or any other Democrat committing the same evils as Bush - they would be publicly executed. Expand
  51. SashaB.
    Jul 13, 2004
    An excellent movie, that should not be missed no matter what your political leanings. People are being killed daily because of Bush's policies, so one cannot ignore any side of this debate. It amazes me how many misconceptions about this movie I have already heard. For instance, the comment from Fantasy, who thinks Moore must be Canadian. Sorry Fantasy, Moore is American, it is An excellent movie, that should not be missed no matter what your political leanings. People are being killed daily because of Bush's policies, so one cannot ignore any side of this debate. It amazes me how many misconceptions about this movie I have already heard. For instance, the comment from Fantasy, who thinks Moore must be Canadian. Sorry Fantasy, Moore is American, it is possible to be American and criticize the Bush administration after all. Frankly, no matter how biased you think this film is, there are important issues here that need to be discussed and not avoided. Expand
  52. JoshL
    Jul 12, 2004
    Michael Moore is NOT A Canadian! He was born and raised in Flynt Michigan, simple research can tell you. He's one of the most patriotic and brilliant people to have the guts to speak out in America against evil. This movie is undoubtledly one-sided, but admittedly so, just as it is undoubtably genius.
  53. SteveO
    Jul 12, 2004
    When did Michael Moore become a Canadian? He was born in Michigan! Or maybe if you question the political climatic currently in this country you must be a foreigner. This is a profound movie no matter what your political bent. Of course the right will attack and the left will use it as a rallying call, but the point is to discuss and think about these issues. Many comments have stated When did Michael Moore become a Canadian? He was born in Michigan! Or maybe if you question the political climatic currently in this country you must be a foreigner. This is a profound movie no matter what your political bent. Of course the right will attack and the left will use it as a rallying call, but the point is to discuss and think about these issues. Many comments have stated that the administration has not had a chance to respond, which is not true considering their view is the only one usually heard and took us to war. Expand
  54. AdrianP.
    Jul 10, 2004
    Fantastic. It should be a requirment for every American citizen to see this movie.
  55. PaulD.
    Jul 10, 2004
    This movie will open your eyes. Bush is a complete idiot who rode his name and his father's friends to the white house. Watch the movie and judge for yourself!
  56. ChrisO.
    Jul 9, 2004
    Despite criticism from the right on the individual elements of the film the larger truths in this work shine through loud and clear. No matter what political affiliation, if you are a Patriotic American you cannot help but be moved to question this administration?s policies. Policies which have lead to greater terrorist activity - not less -, meaning less security at home, and a Despite criticism from the right on the individual elements of the film the larger truths in this work shine through loud and clear. No matter what political affiliation, if you are a Patriotic American you cannot help but be moved to question this administration?s policies. Policies which have lead to greater terrorist activity - not less -, meaning less security at home, and a squandering of the positive overall world support of America which existed immediately after 9/11. The critical element in my mind? why didn?t Bush wait until the weapons inspection?s had run their course before the attack on Iraq, we would then have retained the moral high ground and would have had a leg to stand on with world opinion. This film was the final straw of this Republican ? my vote will go against the Bush ?regime?! Expand
  57. DamianP.
    Jul 9, 2004
    Very funny movie. You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried, so it must be true. Right?
  58. GregH.
    Jul 7, 2004
    A previous reviewer wrote: "if you truly support Michael Moore's message, you CANNOT vote for Kerry/Edwards, two Senators who voted to authorize the Iraq War. You MUST, if you have any conscience at all, Vote for RALPH NADER". This sounds like a reasonable argument, but is really not practical. If someone's prime aim is to get rid of Bush, then only a vote for Kerry will do A previous reviewer wrote: "if you truly support Michael Moore's message, you CANNOT vote for Kerry/Edwards, two Senators who voted to authorize the Iraq War. You MUST, if you have any conscience at all, Vote for RALPH NADER". This sounds like a reasonable argument, but is really not practical. If someone's prime aim is to get rid of Bush, then only a vote for Kerry will do that. Sure I'd like Nader in the White House, but I would never forgive myself if my vote for him meant four more years of George W. Getting Bush out is, for me, the ultimate aim. For the sake of the US and our standing in the World. Expand
  59. JeremyH.
    Jul 7, 2004
    Phenomenal and incredible. This film will not convince any bush administration apologists... it takes too much pleasure in exposing Bush as the contemptible fool we all believe him to be. I am fairly certain that Moore specifically wants to raise the ire of the informed left (and any fence-sitters as well) by encapsulating all of the arguments against this administration into a perfect Phenomenal and incredible. This film will not convince any bush administration apologists... it takes too much pleasure in exposing Bush as the contemptible fool we all believe him to be. I am fairly certain that Moore specifically wants to raise the ire of the informed left (and any fence-sitters as well) by encapsulating all of the arguments against this administration into a perfect summation, so that anyone who views it will be absolutely sure to vote Bush and co. out of office. One thing I was surprised about was how well Moore articulated a sense of concern for the people of the military that have been sacrificed by bush and rumsfeld, a feeling of pride and patriotism for the people in uniform who are willing to risk and die to protect and support the United States. It's impossible to watch this film, and not feel that these kids (and they are kids) need all the support they can get from everyone back safe within the borders of the US. Attack the film and Moore if you must, but the message is loud and clear. It's time to end the mistaken reign of GWB and his administration once and for all, for the good of the country and the world. Expand
  60. PhyllisS.
    Jul 6, 2004
    See the movie. You will not regret it.
  61. ArtW.
    Jul 6, 2004
    What is it about the right wing that makes them want to quash any dissent toward Bush? This after 8 years of constant Clinton-bashing. This movie should be seen by all Americans, whatever your political stripe. Then decide. And attack the evidence presented in this movie, not Michael Moore for shining a light onto it. Go Kerry-Edwards 2004!
  62. RohiniB.
    Great Movie!!!!
  63. NicholasS.
    Jul 6, 2004
    I have been reading other users comments. None of the people denouncing the movie have attacked any of Moore's arguments, such as the link between Bush, the Bin Ladens and oil, the fact that the Bush administration flew the Bin Ladens out of the US right after the 9-11 attack or the fact that Bush sat in a classroom for upwords of 7 minutes when he heard the 2nd tower was bombed I have been reading other users comments. None of the people denouncing the movie have attacked any of Moore's arguments, such as the link between Bush, the Bin Ladens and oil, the fact that the Bush administration flew the Bin Ladens out of the US right after the 9-11 attack or the fact that Bush sat in a classroom for upwords of 7 minutes when he heard the 2nd tower was bombed (what was he doing?). Yes, the movie is propaganda, but so is things the media says and things that the Bush administration say, such as Iraq had WMDs. All of the people have critiqued the method of the film and NOT its CONTENT. Please, start making an argument. Expand
  64. PaulW.
    Jul 6, 2004
    Having watched this film its only gone to confirm what I and most of the people who don't live in the USA think that bush is a clown that should not get a second term in office or the whole world is doomed. Thank God for Michael Moore lifting the lid on some awful unhanded things that the bush admin have been up to since they came to power. Thats why this film won best picture in Having watched this film its only gone to confirm what I and most of the people who don't live in the USA think that bush is a clown that should not get a second term in office or the whole world is doomed. Thank God for Michael Moore lifting the lid on some awful unhanded things that the bush admin have been up to since they came to power. Thats why this film won best picture in Cannes. To everyone who thought this was a load of lies....open your eyes and get your head out of the sand. Expand
  65. JimO
    Jul 5, 2004
    The funniest parts of this movie were when Bush was talking on his ranch and at camp david. I really don't think he has a full functioning brain. But seriously so what if Mike spinned some stuff to show his point, he did an incredible job. Bush has made far too many mistakes that hurt America, 4 years was way too much for me, see ya later Georgie.
  66. W.Wagner
    Jul 5, 2004
    Forces you to question not only the state of our country and its leaders, but also your own views regarding all things political. Hilarious and heartbreaking file footage makes the film. If only Moore could have kept his hatred on the cutting room floor and allowed the evidence to mount on its own; that would have bolstered the argument and sharpened the sting.
  67. LarryR.
    Jul 4, 2004
    I don't know quite what to say about this movie. I was shocked by the utter horror and depravity of this administration. Moore has successfully disclosed an administration that is like a rotten onion; the more you peel, the worse you cry. I was deeply moved by Moore's conviction and courage. I can think of no one, including Al Franken, that has done a better job of revealing I don't know quite what to say about this movie. I was shocked by the utter horror and depravity of this administration. Moore has successfully disclosed an administration that is like a rotten onion; the more you peel, the worse you cry. I was deeply moved by Moore's conviction and courage. I can think of no one, including Al Franken, that has done a better job of revealing just how bad an unelected president can be and why we now deparately need the democratic process to work for the people this time. Sue your way into office? Only democracy loses. Expand
  68. MattR.
    Jul 4, 2004
    I find it hilarious that the typical conservative attack against this film is the usual "this is unsubstantiated propaganga! It's one sided!". Fine, prove it. PROVE that Saddam did have WMD or links to 9/11, PROVE that Bush isn't in cohoots with the Bin Laden family, PROVE that soldiers aren't being the short end of the stick by veteran benefits, and more importantly, PROVE I find it hilarious that the typical conservative attack against this film is the usual "this is unsubstantiated propaganga! It's one sided!". Fine, prove it. PROVE that Saddam did have WMD or links to 9/11, PROVE that Bush isn't in cohoots with the Bin Laden family, PROVE that soldiers aren't being the short end of the stick by veteran benefits, and more importantly, PROVE that Moore's facts are untrue (funny, considering the most disturbing segments are those when dubya speaks and are therefore unstaged). Until then, deal with the fact that Moore had the drive and guts to make this piece. Expand
  69. DavidM.
    Jul 4, 2004
    The rating given above says it all. See this movie. Be moved. Be awakened. Learn. To John K: We mourn the loss of Paul Johnson and Nick Berg - victims of war and all the atrocities associated with it. People like you are most unfortunate and you sully humanity by stating that Michael Moore should be beheaded as these poor innnocents were. The likes of you, as the appointed one's The rating given above says it all. See this movie. Be moved. Be awakened. Learn. To John K: We mourn the loss of Paul Johnson and Nick Berg - victims of war and all the atrocities associated with it. People like you are most unfortunate and you sully humanity by stating that Michael Moore should be beheaded as these poor innnocents were. The likes of you, as the appointed one's base, are despotic, fundamentalistic, tunnel-visioned, dogmatic and unwilling to deal with reality portrayed in this movie (documentary or not). We have one who is appointed to the highest office in the land denying the reality of this war and the strategic deception that created it. Why focus on the coffins coming home (in fact, he suppresses all of this and as much dissent as his "team" can muster)? Why focus on the dead Iraqi innocents when he can focus on profit and his messianic vision of "peace" and "freedom". The images of this war are ugly and distasteful - because that is the nature of war, sir. Michael Moore and other sources of news like Al Jazeera bring home the truth and you refer to it as treason and propaganda. What about the massive American propaganda machine? The truth of this war is bitter as is your denial of it. Yank your head out of the sand, sir. People are dying - Americans and Iraqis. This war is horrible in the extreme (and getting worse) and this great country's name is sullied in the world by the acts of an imperialist who chose to deceive the world in launching this preemptive offensive. This country is now in greater danger of being attacked than ever before. Sad to say, but it's true - we are no more "secure" today than we were pre 9/11. The truth of the war is bitter, sir. You might deny it to others, but be kind to yourself and don't deny it to yourself. Question what you have been told by this administration as we question Michael Moore, too. Keep your mind and heart open - Open to reality. Open to truth. Peace. Expand
  70. JohnC.
    Jul 4, 2004
    Well done & by-and-large factualty correct. I don't buy that pipeline stuff though.
  71. PeterA.
    Jul 4, 2004
    This movie was a brilliant achievement, one of the most patriotic compositions ever put to cellulite.
  72. Misty
    Jul 4, 2004
    Things that make you go hmmm! Everyone should know the Gore should have been our President. But no, with all the right people in place, no one could beat a cheater. No matter what, Bush will be our President for another term if that pipeline is not finished. He will make sure of that. Everyone knows that there is no other reason for our soldiers to still be in Iraq risking their lives for Things that make you go hmmm! Everyone should know the Gore should have been our President. But no, with all the right people in place, no one could beat a cheater. No matter what, Bush will be our President for another term if that pipeline is not finished. He will make sure of that. Everyone knows that there is no other reason for our soldiers to still be in Iraq risking their lives for nothing. Bush still have not found weapons of mass destruction, but he has struck gold (OIL). I hope that the pipeline is finished before his term is up. That way so many of our American soldiers won't continue to die. Expand
  73. AnnL.
    Jul 3, 2004
    Go see the movie. Then donate to the Kerry campaign.
  74. KittyM.
    Jul 3, 2004
    every documentary has an angle. there's no such thing as a truly objective documentary. moore can get to the masses, which is great! most documentaries i see depicting the true, sad ongoings in the world reach few theatres. for those who are still in denial, Moore has a plenty of papers to back up his film! i'm sure his fact checkers will gladly send the blinded some evidence.
  75. TracyR.
    Jul 3, 2004
    Sure, it's one-sided. But it doesn't pretend not to be. And I saw more caring for what this country is supposed to be, more compassion for human suffering and more of the right questions than I've seen from anywhere else right now. At this important time in our history, it's the best kind of propaganda there is - the kind that demands that we live up to what we think Sure, it's one-sided. But it doesn't pretend not to be. And I saw more caring for what this country is supposed to be, more compassion for human suffering and more of the right questions than I've seen from anywhere else right now. At this important time in our history, it's the best kind of propaganda there is - the kind that demands that we live up to what we think we are as a country and stop blinking away the inconvenient facts. Kudos to Moore for having the guts to say it. Expand
  76. LinhN.
    Jul 3, 2004
    There is an obvious rift between the 1's and 9's here, and the right and left wingers, but let me ask one question... whats so wrong about being overly critical and skeptical about what our president is doing and how he acts, aren't we supposed to question our leadership? isnt this America? Isnt this a democracy? If you want a biased take on Bush, his actions, his war, etc There is an obvious rift between the 1's and 9's here, and the right and left wingers, but let me ask one question... whats so wrong about being overly critical and skeptical about what our president is doing and how he acts, aren't we supposed to question our leadership? isnt this America? Isnt this a democracy? If you want a biased take on Bush, his actions, his war, etc then you should watch this movie, if you dont, you should see it just to be capable of realizing the otherside might have some type of point. nothing i mean absolutely nothing can rid me of the image of our president immedietly after the attacks on the world trade center. How did we elect a president so indecisive? If i was a betting man I would bet that not one other former president would have acted the way Mr. Bush acted that day. He was like your sports superstar who couldnt take the shot at the end not because he didnt have enough time, just because he didnt know how to. thats how bad it is. Expand
  77. SethB.
    Jul 3, 2004
    Slanted, one sided, yes-but most documentaries I've seen are. Moore does not like this administration and gives facts and ideas to support his veiw. For all the detractors of the movie, show me some facts supporting your veiw that Bush-Cheney are actually good for the country and it's people. It might me that there is no defense for this false, embarassing President now in Slanted, one sided, yes-but most documentaries I've seen are. Moore does not like this administration and gives facts and ideas to support his veiw. For all the detractors of the movie, show me some facts supporting your veiw that Bush-Cheney are actually good for the country and it's people. It might me that there is no defense for this false, embarassing President now in control of the country. Expand
  78. TaylorJ.
    Jul 3, 2004
    The most patriotic and emotionally moving movie that I've ever seen.
  79. DennisP.
    Jul 2, 2004
    Considering how corrupt and incompetent this administration is, I actually thought that Moore was a little too soft on Georgie W.Bush and his cabal of neoconservative ideologues. Still, huge kudos to Michael Moore for showing what the corporate press will not. It's not only Bush who looks despicable here, but the mainstream media as well, who did nothing but cheerlead this horrible, Considering how corrupt and incompetent this administration is, I actually thought that Moore was a little too soft on Georgie W.Bush and his cabal of neoconservative ideologues. Still, huge kudos to Michael Moore for showing what the corporate press will not. It's not only Bush who looks despicable here, but the mainstream media as well, who did nothing but cheerlead this horrible, unnecessary war. Expand
  80. JeremyC.
    Jul 1, 2004
    Beggining to end this is one of the most important documentaries ever created. Though the main message is decidedly anti-Bush, we must not miss the greater picture. Because it is not merely Bush. In reality the American Government as a whole is incredibly corrupt and disgraceful. I am a democrat and I am absolutely disgusted beyond words for both our democratic and republican senators, Beggining to end this is one of the most important documentaries ever created. Though the main message is decidedly anti-Bush, we must not miss the greater picture. Because it is not merely Bush. In reality the American Government as a whole is incredibly corrupt and disgraceful. I am a democrat and I am absolutely disgusted beyond words for both our democratic and republican senators, the Bush administration, the Sumpreme Court, and quite nearly our government. Our Government has lied, betrayed, killed, and humiliated the American people. Every senator and representative in congress, every secretary and 'leader' in the white house, every judge on the supreme court should be disgusted with themselves. Expand
  81. JohnA.
    Jul 1, 2004
    Excellent! Sure it's biased but there's too much here to dismiss. See it if only for the candid footage that you won't be seeing on Fox or CNN for that matter. Hell they're not allowed to show a coffin.
  82. ScottR.
    Jul 1, 2004
    Does this film make some misleading connections? Yes. Does it suggest things without proving them? Yes. Are some of its accusations unfair? Yes. But only complete hypocrites can be offended by these things without ALSO being offended by the much worse lies that Moore demonstrates the administration to be guilty of. Moore lies in a *movie*. Bush and his cronies lie in sworn testimony to Does this film make some misleading connections? Yes. Does it suggest things without proving them? Yes. Are some of its accusations unfair? Yes. But only complete hypocrites can be offended by these things without ALSO being offended by the much worse lies that Moore demonstrates the administration to be guilty of. Moore lies in a *movie*. Bush and his cronies lie in sworn testimony to Congress and the Security Council about a matter of war and peace. And it is not a question of simply "being mistaken". Moore shows members of the administration prior to 9/11 saying that Iraq had no ability to use WMDs, and then, after it, testifying that Iraq was a nuclear threat, had WMDs in "known" locations and could deliver them. We, the American people, can be forgiven for believing they might have new evidence. But they cannot be forgiven. They deliberately lied, because there were "more targets" in Iraq. Only hypocrites can bash Moore for taking liberties with fairness in his clearly partisan film while at the same time giving a free pass to the Administration to destroy our foreign policy with stupid lie, all so they have a pretext to get us into a war we can't win. Moore portrays Bush and his stooges as stupid, hack politicians willing to lie about anything to get their way. Ultimately this appears to be a fair assessment. And since the movie is both topical and highly entertaining it deserves a high rating. It is certainly more worthy of critical praise than a plot-by-numbers comic book movie with bad CGI. Expand
  83. BrandonS.
    Jul 1, 2004
    The critics who don't seem to like this movie often say "moore made this up." Yet I have not seen one fact refuted yet. Newsweek tried to, but they ended up misquoting the film. This is a clearly presented argument culled together from the things those of us paying attention already knew, helping to bring this info to those who started paying attention too late and are now waking up The critics who don't seem to like this movie often say "moore made this up." Yet I have not seen one fact refuted yet. Newsweek tried to, but they ended up misquoting the film. This is a clearly presented argument culled together from the things those of us paying attention already knew, helping to bring this info to those who started paying attention too late and are now waking up from the haze of Bush's propaganda. Two devastating scenes: Bush's (non)reaction to the news that "America is under attack" and the black-screen, audio-only presentation of the 9/11 strike. The story of the mother who lost her son in Iraq is painful to watch, but demonstrates the real hearts of Americans as well as I've ever seen done. A strong argument against the worst president in American history (and, no, this is not an exaggeration of the current, truly horrific administration.) Expand
  84. StevieG
    Jun 30, 2004
    Unlike Moore's other films, this one is based largely on information that has been published in books, magazines and newspapers. It most certainly has an agenda -- all documentaries do (and all those who do not think so are either ignorant or naive). Those who disagree with the agenda "e.g., leftist propaganda" should at least admit that Fox News is 24 hours a day of "rightist Unlike Moore's other films, this one is based largely on information that has been published in books, magazines and newspapers. It most certainly has an agenda -- all documentaries do (and all those who do not think so are either ignorant or naive). Those who disagree with the agenda "e.g., leftist propaganda" should at least admit that Fox News is 24 hours a day of "rightist propaganda." Why is it so bad to have 2 hours on the other side? There is simply not only one way to view the facts of the last 4 years. This film presents a decidedly anti-Bush take on GW's presidency. I find it ironic that coservatives have no problem demonizing Clinton for lying about getting a blow job, but cannot even conceive that their elitist idiotic icon, GW Bush, got us into an unwinnable war for less than genuine reasons. You may not like the message in this film, so be it. But the Palm D'Orr is not given out just because France does not like us. Maybe the reason France did not want to get involved in the US/Iraq war is that there was no politically legitimate reason for it to happen. This movie is the most important documentary ever made. Expand
  85. TomS.
    Jun 30, 2004
    Just lays out the facts in an emotional way and then lets you decide. funny and moving.
  86. SusanB.
    Jun 30, 2004
    Moore does a great job exposing our Leader as a shifty, narrow-minded idiot who can't even form his own sentences. It's obvious he only cares about money and will use his power to get more for the "haves, and haves more" , dividing our country even further. Bad, bad Bush.
  87. BirdMan
    Jun 30, 2004
    Great film everyone should see
  88. JerryM.
    Jun 29, 2004
    I thank Mr. Bush's administration team for validating the facts in the movie by denying the truth in it. Their denunciation ranks up there with the WMD located in Iraq and the Saddam-Al-Qaeda link.
  89. JamieS.
    Jun 29, 2004
    "Moore claims that NO members of Congress have kids in Iraq. That's a flat lie. Four members of Congress have kids in Iraq." No, THAT'S a lie. Moore DOES NOT claim that NO congressman have kids in Iraq. He says ONLY ONE congressman does. And that's the truth - the son of the democratic senator from S.D. was in Iraq. "Moore claims that most of the soldiers dying in Iraq are "Moore claims that NO members of Congress have kids in Iraq. That's a flat lie. Four members of Congress have kids in Iraq." No, THAT'S a lie. Moore DOES NOT claim that NO congressman have kids in Iraq. He says ONLY ONE congressman does. And that's the truth - the son of the democratic senator from S.D. was in Iraq. "Moore claims that most of the soldiers dying in Iraq are minorities, specifically poor black soliders" -- another LIE by you, Moore never makes this claim, he does imply, however, that the poor are targeted for military recruiting. Who's the liar? Moore or "Go N." ? Expand
  90. Deepbluefunk
    Essential.
    Jun 29, 2004
    This movie is an eye opening experience. I personally do not understand why the nation is so polarized on this; Moore is just telling the truth as he sees it, which should be welcomed by all, even if one does not agree with him. The points he makes are very valid, after all, how many of the rich (or our lawmakers) have their own sons and daughters affected by war? A must see for all This movie is an eye opening experience. I personally do not understand why the nation is so polarized on this; Moore is just telling the truth as he sees it, which should be welcomed by all, even if one does not agree with him. The points he makes are very valid, after all, how many of the rich (or our lawmakers) have their own sons and daughters affected by war? A must see for all Americans! Remember, if you disagree with this movie, ask yourself: Is it because the facts are wrong or misinterpreted, or because I do not like questioning authority. Expand
  92. Edsfilms
    Jun 29, 2004
    A truly important film to be seen at this time of our American history. Whether you agree with our President or don't, you owe it to yourself to at least see the film and then decide for yourself. And even if there are things in the film that are exaggerated for making a point, if even 25% of what is in the film is true, then this country is in the sorriest state of political A truly important film to be seen at this time of our American history. Whether you agree with our President or don't, you owe it to yourself to at least see the film and then decide for yourself. And even if there are things in the film that are exaggerated for making a point, if even 25% of what is in the film is true, then this country is in the sorriest state of political upheaval in its short and violent history Expand
  93. RemmyH.
    Jun 29, 2004
    Incredible work of persuasion. Not a legal memorandum, but not meant to be. I don't think anyone could have articulated a better pro-Nader film at this point in time. Bush and Kerry are two sides of the same pro-war, rich, elite, coin. Bush has got the oil money, Kerry has the Ketchup money. Both wanted war, neither truly cares about the little guy. And don't be fooled by the "a Incredible work of persuasion. Not a legal memorandum, but not meant to be. I don't think anyone could have articulated a better pro-Nader film at this point in time. Bush and Kerry are two sides of the same pro-war, rich, elite, coin. Bush has got the oil money, Kerry has the Ketchup money. Both wanted war, neither truly cares about the little guy. And don't be fooled by the "a vote for Nader is a vote for Bush!" nonsense. If Nader gets 15-20 percent this fall, yes, we'll put up with one of these other fools for another four years, but four years from now will be the dawn of a better day, when are leaders actually care about us rather than saving their own asses. Expand
  94. JayG.
    Jun 29, 2004
    This film gets top score because it shines the harsh light of scrutiny on an Administration that has tried EVERYTHING to avoid it. Gods know you can't rely on American media for it. As for this much touted Hitchens' article on Slate, what a joke. Chris Hitchens takes 'Moore' to task for essentially blaming Bush on the Bin Laden/Saudi evacuations when Clark tried to be This film gets top score because it shines the harsh light of scrutiny on an Administration that has tried EVERYTHING to avoid it. Gods know you can't rely on American media for it. As for this much touted Hitchens' article on Slate, what a joke. Chris Hitchens takes 'Moore' to task for essentially blaming Bush on the Bin Laden/Saudi evacuations when Clark tried to be the fall guy from it. What Hitchens fails to say is that the FAA had to approve such departures, and the FAA is an Executive branch, therefore Bush is responsible. Oh ya, and he then bitches about how Moore said we needed twice as many troops in Iraq than were deployed, even though he was against the invasion. Is Hitchens this stupid? You bet, apparently if you oppose the war you want your troops to lose, instead of getting adequate numbers to do the job. What an idiot. If this is the best the Right can do, then Nov. '04 is going to be a blast! Expand
  95. JohnB.
    Jun 29, 2004
    Now we need another one on Bush's lies about the economy and environment.
  96. SheilaB.
    Jun 28, 2004
    I find it interesting that people are not concerned about the obvious conflicts of interest involving big money and big power. The Carlyle Group, including the Bin Ladens and the Bushs, were MAKING MONEY on the worst attack in US History on our soil. People choose to remain blind......we will pay dearly. Ashcroft covers the bare breasts of statues. A good guy to be limiting our freedoms.......
  97. DannyL.
    Jun 28, 2004
    Some of the facts may be a bit twisted, but this is clearly an excellent movie to watch. Every person of voting age should watch this, if only to spur them to seek out the truth regarding the vast network of power in politics today.
  98. WalterS.
    Jun 28, 2004
    It's such a pleasure to watch all of these brain-washed conservatives squirm as they're faced with the realization they've been lied to. I wonder if they'd rather cling to the lies they've been fed during the Bush administration than to actually wake up and evaluate the plain truth. Moore's film is a good start. Even if you have fallen blindly in love with It's such a pleasure to watch all of these brain-washed conservatives squirm as they're faced with the realization they've been lied to. I wonder if they'd rather cling to the lies they've been fed during the Bush administration than to actually wake up and evaluate the plain truth. Moore's film is a good start. Even if you have fallen blindly in love with the power-crazed war mongering Bush criminals, you owe it to yourself to at least open you mind for a couple hours and listen to what Moore has to say. You've let the right-wing pundits go unchecked.. filling your head with biased lies for nearly 4 years. Why not at least give it a second thought? Do you suppose the people rating this film with a zero or one have actually even seen the film? Or, do you suppose one of their talk-show host pundits drove them to it? You don't have to be like these drones. Wake yourself up and face the facts. They duped you and it's not too late to right the wrongs. Expand
  99. JimC.
    Jun 28, 2004
    The movie was excellent! If you want a really interesting experience, go see this movie, and then talk about it afterwards! I notice that several people are saying that Moore's film says that the Saudi's and bin Laden's we're flown out of the US while the FAA grounding was in effect. Where did you get this? The film specifically said that these people departed AFTER The movie was excellent! If you want a really interesting experience, go see this movie, and then talk about it afterwards! I notice that several people are saying that Moore's film says that the Saudi's and bin Laden's we're flown out of the US while the FAA grounding was in effect. Where did you get this? The film specifically said that these people departed AFTER 09/13/01. You are complaining about an erronous fact where YOU made the error! Everybody should pay attention and listen before they get all fired up. Whatever your political persuasion, it is only a good thing to hear both sides, it gives you perspective and helps you make an educated decision. This movie is helping people do that. One of my biggest questions is why people are so quick to jump on what Michael Moore tells you, but blindly accept what "News" media says. News is never unbiased, and projects the viewpoint of its owners. Perhaps they have an agenda of their own. Moore has a valid opinion and if you disagree with it, check it out. I check out his website (www.michaelmoore.com), and he's got a section that shows you how to check up him. He provides all his sources. If you doubt his facts, check them out. Don't simply say he makes stuff up - back that up! Expand
  100. EricS.
    Jun 28, 2004
    First off, For those of you who criticized Fahrenheit 9/11 for being biased, you are merely speaking out against the majority of documentaries. The whole point of these types of movies are to show the opinion of an individual, and persuade others to share that person's point of view. Hopefully, Fahrenheit 9/11 will at least help the fanatical Bush-supporters open their eyes, and at First off, For those of you who criticized Fahrenheit 9/11 for being biased, you are merely speaking out against the majority of documentaries. The whole point of these types of movies are to show the opinion of an individual, and persuade others to share that person's point of view. Hopefully, Fahrenheit 9/11 will at least help the fanatical Bush-supporters open their eyes, and at least consider the other side of the story. Although some of the material presented in this film was slightly inaccurate (i.e., the portrayel of the Iraqi people before our occupation), most of it was true. If you insist on claiming that the film was "all lies and propaganda", try and support your opinion with some factual evidence. Expand

1. Moore stays "on message" here from first shot to last. There is no debate, no analysis of facts or search for historical context. Moore simply wants to blame one man and his family for the situation in Iraq the United States now finds itself in…So the real question is not how good a film is Fahrenheit 9/11 -- it is undoubtedly Moore's weakest -- but will a film help to get a president fired?
  2. Reviewed by: David Gates
    That's the real problem with Fahrenheit 9/11: not the message, but the method… Moore’s default mode is overkill: he even notes that on the night before the attacks Bush slept on "fine French linen." Surely scratchy muslin wouldn't have stopped the evildoers.
    Fahrenheit 9/11 offers the thrill of a coherent explanation for everything, but parts of the movie are no better than a wild, lunging grab at a supposed master plan. [28 June 2004, p. 108]