4.8

1. Sep 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This film is not actually as bad as it seems. It is not excellent but it isn't something that will wast badly your time. It has some enjoyable moments and a few goofs but the thing is that the film is a actually original and this script hasn't been made again and again. Of course it would have a happy ending but that's something we knew from the start. The girl's performance was really good too. That's all I have to say for that movie that needs your attention and many people will like it and many people wont like it for some reasons. I enjoyed it at some points. That's all I need to say. Expand
  2. Jun 23, 2013
    What's that mom and dad? What's that mom and dad? You- You want me to stop eating fruit rollups? Yiff off. Yiff off. What's that mom and dad? You want me to stop watching T.V. during a street shark marathon? Yiff off! Yiff off.

1. Reviewed by: Farran Smith Nehme
    Mar 28, 2013
    For a long while, director Benjamin Epps goes for breakneck farce; at its best, this is a batty mixture of family-values editorial and teen spoof.
  2. Reviewed by: Claudia Puig
    Mar 28, 2013
    Family Weekend is the kind of dark-for-dark's sake, wannabe quirkfest that proves indie films can be just as clichéd and vapid as the most soulless Hollywood movies.
  3. Reviewed by: Mark Olsen
    Mar 28, 2013
    Family Weekend is no worse than many of the dysfunctional family comedies that populate the Sundance Film Festival — "Little Miss Sunshine" is name-checked within the movie itself — but isn't any better either.