7.0

1. Dec 2, 2011
    Bottom Line: Better luck next timeâ
  2. Mar 10, 2011
    A perfectly enjoyable geeky movie, an interesting concept that is good but wont appeal to a lot of people, but it's still a good movie from beginning to end.
  3. Apr 29, 2011
    Its a funny movie,sure the plot is ridiculous,but its worth of your time! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  4. Dec 27, 2011
    "Fanboys" One line Review -

Not as bad as it could have been, a lot of stuff was forced. Still a enjoyable view for any Star Wars fan, great cameos. C+
  5. Dec 5, 2011
    I don't quite understand the dislike for fanboys, maybe it's like marmite: you either love it or you hate it.
    Maybe to get a lot of the jokes and feel... to even empathise with the characters plus their actions you need to be similar to them, which for many may be a problem as not all of us a militant Star Wars fans.
  6. Feb 23, 2013
    Fanboys is an extremely overrated comedy, about four friends, who decide to break in to George Lucas's home, in order to steal a copy of Star Wars: Episode 1, six months before it hits theaters. The movie was very well reviewed and had a big word of mouth following, and being a huge Sci-Fi fan, I couldn't wait to see it. The story however was extremely weak and filled with cliché Star WarsFanboys is an extremely overrated comedy, about four friends, who decide to break in to George Lucas's home, in order to steal a copy of Star Wars: Episode 1, six months before it hits theaters. The movie was very well reviewed and had a big word of mouth following, and being a huge Sci-Fi fan, I couldn't wait to see it. The story however was extremely weak and filled with cliché Star Wars jokes. It was predictable, done, and lame. The only really cool thing about the film was the cameos. In this tiny independent film they had cameos by William Shatner, Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams, Kevin Smith, Danny McBride, Craig Robinson, and Seth Rogan, an impressive list to be sure! Like I said thou, the movie was weak and done. Unless you're a diehard Star Wars fan, I'd skip this one. Expand
  7. Feb 6, 2012
    This tribute to Star Wars is so much fun. 4 nerds are trying to see the new Star Wars moive before it comes out in cinema. But I think this movie is not for everyone. So descide: are you a little bit a Star Wars / SciFi nerd but you can laugh about this stuff? Than watch it!
  8. May 25, 2014
    I love this film I remember waiting so long for this to come out and at times was thinking it was never going to get made. Back then I wasn't really into looking up movie news so I really didn't know why it kept getting pushed back. I was working at Blockbuster at the time and it just showed up one day so I grabbed me a copy. Once I got off work I went home and watched it immediatelyI love this film I remember waiting so long for this to come out and at times was thinking it was never going to get made. Back then I wasn't really into looking up movie news so I really didn't know why it kept getting pushed back. I was working at Blockbuster at the time and it just showed up one day so I grabbed me a copy. Once I got off work I went home and watched it immediately loving it of course. The movie has so many great little cameos and the fights with the trekkies is hilarious. It's a movie I don't get tired of watching and i still laugh.Overall I give it a 7.5 Oh and seeing Kristen Bell in that Princess Leia slave outfit was AMAZING!!!! Expand
  9. Jul 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Fanboys: 5 out of 10: The back-story behind this film is much more interesting than what appears on the screen. It seems in a galaxy far far away the evil Harvey “Darth” Weinstein wanted to cut out the main plot of this movie. (Kid dying of cancer wants to see Star Wars Episode One before he dies.) The rebel alliance (Director Kyle Newman) fought a guerilla battle against Harvey and won so the film is now released with the Linus dying of cancer subplot intact.

Well, since the movie itself seems too conveniently ignore the Linus cancer plot at regular intervals, (Chris Marquette who plays Linus looks like he is about to run a triathlon rather than someone with a fatal illness. He is like a male Ali McGraw) one can be excused to ponder what the hubbub was about.

In actuality the cancer subplot was the second most ridiculous story line in the film with the first being Sam Huntington’s quest to not inherit his fathers 12 car dealerships... cause becoming a multimillionaire overnight means abandoning your dreams of drawing comic books? Fanboys is funny in spots and has some great performances including Kristen Bell as the perfect geek girl and Dan Fogler who is the spiritual reincarnation of Curtis Armstrong (Booger from Revenge of the Nerds) and great cameos including William Shatner.

The main leads (Marquette and Huntington) are charisma free drips however and the movie suffers from an overall sloppiness. For example it takes place in 1998 yet is chock full of items that simply did not exist back then (IMDB has a nice list here). Getting the poster of Darth Vader wrong, (It is the version from Episode 3) or having a scene in a comic book store with modern comics visible on the shelves seems like small things. However, this is a movie for fanboys. If there is one group that would notice such sloppiness it is they.

Overall a hit or miss road comedy with a Star Wars veneer, Fanboys is well meaning but not really worth the time.
  10. Jan 23, 2015
    Great chemistry among all of these characters. The cameos are really what makes the film so enjoyable to me, there are so many random famous people popping up throughout the movie. See if you can find em all! This is a movie that you have to have at least seen Star Wars to enjoy and if you understand nerd culture than it'll be worth a few laughs for you.

1. Reviewed by: Peter Debruge
    End result feels like an uneven cross between an amateur "Project Greenlight" pic and such recent comedies as "Superbad" and "Pineapple Express," in which indie directors brought a certain edge to material that might once have felt more at home under the National Lampoon label.
    Unfortunately, while Fanboys has moments of success, it is mostly a middling road picture that doesn't do a lot more than any average, forgettable entry into the tired genre.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Wilonsky
    The one genuine bright spot among the performers is Kristen Bell as Windows's would-be girlfriend, his dream combination of Sarah Michelle Gellar and Janeane Garofalo.