8.4

1. SlipStreem
    Feb 3, 2004
    Kind of an annoying joke repeated over and over again. How many "eh's" can you laugh at? Apparently, a lot for most audiences. Reminded me of the MacKenzie Brothers with a little more drama and weight. The Coen brothers put out some great stuff, but I'd say this ain't one of them.
  2. ChrisR.
    Jul 14, 2001
    I am a fan of the Cohen brothers films since seeing "Barton Fink" years ago. This film Fargo left me annoyed and empty. Lots of quirky characters and absolutely no theme or anything worthwhile to think about. Not even very humorous, just mean. And yet for some reason this is their most well know film?! Sad.
  3. JimBob
    Mar 6, 2003
    I'm a huge fan of the Coens, especially the Big Lebowski, but I just felt this was a total waste of my time...i laughed only when Buscemi forced out another awkward F bomb.
  4. ButteredPopcorn
    Oct 13, 2004
    Meanspirited is right. No depth to speak of. A waste of time. the only scene worth watching is the relationship between the loving wife (detective) and her husband the stamp illustrator. Other than that, no one really cares about anyone else in this movie, the screenwriter patronizes them all, and the viewer is left with a shallow movie that simply is not worth caring about. All that was Meanspirited is right. No depth to speak of. A waste of time. the only scene worth watching is the relationship between the loving wife (detective) and her husband the stamp illustrator. Other than that, no one really cares about anyone else in this movie, the screenwriter patronizes them all, and the viewer is left with a shallow movie that simply is not worth caring about. All that was left was an attempt at comedy, and it was nothing more than dopey humor, which was not the least bit amusing. Bummer of a film. Collapse
  5. Dec 30, 2011
    Fargo is not thrilling nor is it funny nor is it great. The Coen brothers film lack's suspense because most of the story is layed out for the viewer. The character's are all jerks except for Marge who is slightly annoying and stupid. Many people will say im not respecting the art that is put into Fargo but I just don't see it. The film's simplicity does not go to it's advantage because itFargo is not thrilling nor is it funny nor is it great. The Coen brothers film lack's suspense because most of the story is layed out for the viewer. The character's are all jerks except for Marge who is slightly annoying and stupid. Many people will say im not respecting the art that is put into Fargo but I just don't see it. The film's simplicity does not go to it's advantage because it does not give the viewer anything special about it. In the end Fargo is a crime comedy that is average with it's crime story and is a film that is not very funny. Expand
  6. Jul 6, 2011
    This movie won two Oscars...it must have been a bad year at the movies. The movie never can decide if it wants to be a comedy or a thriller. Dorky cops, quirky characters that seem to have escaped from a slapstick flick, yet a brutal killer is at work, too. It doesn't go together. It's never funny, never believable, never exciting. In short, a waste of time.
  7. Jul 26, 2014
    Ok this movie is a kick in my ass. Kick in my ass. Kick ass. That's a good movie. Why? Because it's not extra-long, not boring and not for pure retards. At least Daniel Day Lewis is not in the movie. Because, please, he's idiot.

The brothers, who have always seemed fond of their characters, have never taken quite so overt a stand for life's simple joys.
    This mordant, macabre look at the American obsession with fast food, television and murder is icily funny.
  3. The Coens haven't been this sharp, focused and fluid since their first film. This is "Blood Simple's" promise fulfilled.