Fargo

8.8

1. SlipStreem
    Feb 3, 2004
    Kind of an annoying joke repeated over and over again. How many "eh's" can you laugh at? Apparently, a lot for most audiences. Reminded me of the MacKenzie Brothers with a little more drama and weight. The Coen brothers put out some great stuff, but I'd say this ain't one of them.
  2. Dec 30, 2011
    Fargo is not thrilling nor is it funny nor is it great. The Coen brothers film lack's suspense because most of the story is layed out for the viewer. The character's are all jerks except for Marge who is slightly annoying and stupid. Many people will say im not respecting the art that is put into Fargo but I just don't see it. The film's simplicity does not go to it's advantage because itFargo is not thrilling nor is it funny nor is it great. The Coen brothers film lack's suspense because most of the story is layed out for the viewer. The character's are all jerks except for Marge who is slightly annoying and stupid. Many people will say im not respecting the art that is put into Fargo but I just don't see it. The film's simplicity does not go to it's advantage because it does not give the viewer anything special about it. In the end Fargo is a crime comedy that is average with it's crime story and is a film that is not very funny. Expand
  3. Sep 2, 2010
    Definitely not the worst film - but my least favourite film of the Coens, I was bored with the plot and it tried to be a dark comedy, but it was just dark. Frances McDormand is cute as Marge but she gives a very plain performance if you ask me. But watch this for Peter Stormare's disposing of the body technique. That's it.
  4. wongit
    Dec 27, 2005
    Just average. this is one of the most overhyped movies i seen in a while. it was decent. its by no means a bad movie but damn this movie was really overated thats all i got to say. i dont see alot thats so special about it.
  5. Sep 25, 2015
    Although it's cinematography and some dialogue is exceptional, Fargo leaves too many arcs hanging as well as slow pace and it's sole joke of making fun of accents. The most overrated film out there and I don't think it deserves the praise it gets.
  6. Apr 16, 2016
    Rarely laughed throughout this movie. The intended humour didn't amuse me, actually it mostly came off as just weird. There were a whole bunch of great actors who put on great performances, but it was mostly yawns.
  7. Jun 1, 2016
    İzlediğim En Overrated Filmlerden Birisi
    İzlediğim En Overrated Filmlerden Birisi
    Diziyi izledikten sonra büyük bir beklenti ile filmi izledim. Belki de hatayı burda yapmışımdır. Çünkü filmin diziye kıyasla çok daha basit ve sıradan olacağını tahmin edememiştim. Dizinin öncesini anlatan bu film gayet sıradan karakter tiplemelerine, olay örgüsüne ve tatmin etmeyen bir sona sahip. Diziyi izlemek istiyorsanız, izlemelisiniz. Yoksa bu filmi bugüne kadar izlemediğiniz için pek bir kaybınız yok.

The brothers, who have always seemed fond of their characters, have never taken quite so overt a stand for life's simple joys.
  2. Film.com
    Reviewed by: Elizabeth Weitzman
    This mordant, macabre look at the American obsession with fast food, television and murder is icily funny.
  3. The Coens haven't been this sharp, focused and fluid since their first film. This is "Blood Simple's" promise fulfilled.