7.5

1. Jun 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Fast Five was awesome. It was essentially Fast and the Furious meets Oceans 11 except with more badasses. There wasn't as much car action as there was in the past movies (1 and 3 especially) but that really didn't hurt the movie much. Like the prior installment in the FF franchise, this one featured a really good story, impressive action, solid acting, and some unfortunately unrealistic aspects (like determining the identity of someone by using piss poor traffic cameras to read their eyes or face through a mask) that were the only real negatives of the film. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson was a beast and a great addition to the series and the fight scene between him and Vin Diesel was epic. I wish they would've shown some of the car chases that they left out (Dom and Brian acquiring the Porsche for example) but I suppose they felt the movie was already too long. I also thought the brief cameo in the after-credits scene by two females from movies past was a cool touch but I truly do with they would've ended the story with this film instead of extending out the franchise. Regardless, it was definitely a good movie and most would really enjoy it. Expand
  2. Jun 6, 2013
    Fast Five is the first film in the series to drift from the traditional underground street racing films, and the result is an action-packed blockbuster culminating as an excellent heist film.
  3. Sep 9, 2013
    [7.1] It is very rare that a Fast and Furious movie is given, and where credit is needed, credit should be given. All of the crappy dialogue and the unnecessary, and what would usually be unfunny jokes are put in just the right places. The action is stellar, and the performances are surprisingly solid. This movie accepts its clichés and decides to work with them, and it works very well.
  4. Sep 15, 2013
    I've seen the rest of the Fast and the Furious movies, and hoped this one was going to be just as good. And it was! In fact, i liked this one better than the original! It had great action, thrills, and was the same kind of story as the other ones. Of course, i have to comment on the undeveloped story, flat characters, and unrealistic parts of the movie. Of course, i knew i was going toI've seen the rest of the Fast and the Furious movies, and hoped this one was going to be just as good. And it was! In fact, i liked this one better than the original! It had great action, thrills, and was the same kind of story as the other ones. Of course, i have to comment on the undeveloped story, flat characters, and unrealistic parts of the movie. Of course, i knew i was going to have to suspend disbelief going in, but some of the sequences of action in this movie were too hard to overlook. They fall from a 1000 ft high bridge, plummeting into water, but of course, they are okay! Also, the plot and acting was iffy. This is a generic action thriller with lots of one-liners and car crashes. But that's all that we came for right? So that makes it a little bit better. If car chases, thrills, and kills are your criteria that you look for in movies, then definitely see this one. You won't be disappointed. Expand
  5. Dec 14, 2013
    Very entertaining from start to finish, Fast Five delivers the fun it's predecessors lacked and expertly blends heist with a lot of high octane action and humor.
  6. Feb 2, 2014
    I watched the first "fast and furious" movie, and I didn't like it. years pasted and they started making the "fast and furious" sequels! I figured, maybe... I am missing out! So I watched Fast five, wow! was I ever disappointed. Being a car guy myself, this movie is total cr*p. The were doing a 1/4 mile race and one of the characters down shifted? really?! The story is just terrible asI watched the first "fast and furious" movie, and I didn't like it. years pasted and they started making the "fast and furious" sequels! I figured, maybe... I am missing out! So I watched Fast five, wow! was I ever disappointed. Being a car guy myself, this movie is total cr*p. The were doing a 1/4 mile race and one of the characters down shifted? really?! The story is just terrible as well! I have no idea, how people can support this franchise! Expand
  7. Feb 28, 2014
    the collective cast of the series gets my attention to the better goods.the action is expensive the intensity is "spice of life". the story is getting me somewhere like remind me of the early titles. i watch this 5 time more than by all the meanings.
  8. Mar 8, 2014
    I really admired this fifth installment. With a new style and more intense action, the film takes quite a big step up from the previous films. It's not just the same old mindless car driving, instead we're approached with an energetic and exciting fun ride.
  9. May 3, 2014
    For the fifth installment, Dom and Brian continue on another two hours or more doing ridiculous car stunts that they've been stereotyped for over the past decade. This time, you ought to give them credit. No one's ever refueled a rusty, old car with double the amount of gasoline.
  10. Jul 15, 2014
    The Fast and the Furious is a great and effortlessly entertaining movie, i highly recommend it and the cast perform very well, I can't believe how bad the critic reviews are for this movie, because, nice cars, girls, money, street race, actor !
  11. Aug 17, 2014
    One of the worst films i've ever seen, probably the other users will dislike my review but, it is just my opinion.
    The movie was full of cliches also has one of the most unrealistic and dull action scenes, the actors are terrible, specially Dwayne Johnson. This movie is the meaning of how Hollywood offers crap the majority of times.
  12. Aug 18, 2014
    Fast Five (or is that The Fast & the Furious 5? or Fast & Furious 5? Or Rio Heist... never mind) is a decent addition to the franchise which proves to be more fun than parts 2, 3 & 4. Dialing the action up to insane levels and adding in The Rock makes this a ton of stoopid fun.
  13. Aug 21, 2014
    "Running ain't freedom. You should know that." - Dom

Fast Five is a nice movie.Is fun with all cast. Enjoy the movie.

**************************************
  14. Aug 24, 2014
    Fast & Furious goes Ocean's 11.

To get to the bottom of this movie and to be able to truly appreciate it, you should be familiar with the other movies in the series (although Tokyo Drift isn't that important). They bring in characters from all those movies, Han being the only one you can recognize from Tokyo. They don't bother introducing the characters, really, other than the main
    Fast & Furious goes Ocean's 11.

They don't bother introducing the characters, really, other than the main trio (Dom, Brian and Mia). A lot of weight is put on Vin Diesel (Dom) to be big, hulking and mean looking; apparently just making him stand there, quiet and brooding, is enough to get the audience convinced that he is totally badass. Well, we all know he is badass, so let's move on.

The rest of the crew isn't introduced other than briefly, and some of them are hard to recognize (even when I watched the 4 previous movies on the same day as seeing this one). They really could have used a bit more time to flesh them out.

Apparently that isn't important or vital for the movie. In the middle of the unbelievable stunts that would normally result in all of our heroes dying a dozen times during this film, we have a nasty Rio drug-lord who must be punished for making their lives that much harder. In other words, they are going to rob him clean to start their new lives.

I liked this movie, no denying it, but when some of the stunts become just a bit too unrealistic, it kind of ruins the experience. Sure, you can just lie back and enjoy it, but even the final chase, which in its creativity was very amusing to watch, seemed far too drawn out. There is only so many times that seeing the same thing will make your heart pump a bit harder with excitement. After that you start frowning and decide that it is not possible to do that.

In a way the characters made this movie much more enjoyable than the action with the cars and guns. There were some good, witty lines, and seeing all these people thrown together was interesting. Even Dwayne Johnson pulled this one off admirably!

The little scene in between the ending titles suggests that they are entertaining the idea of another sequel. If they keep this up, it can't be bad.

Well worth seeing, and if you're a fan of the franchise, you'll definitely enjoy this.
  15. Oct 12, 2014
    Fast Five is the best in the franchise with fantastic action scenes and a greatly detailed heist that when executed is simply riveting and down right awesome.
  16. Nov 4, 2014
    Yes, it is an ok film. At least began to grow notes in this series. I like the idea that reunites all the series and another thing. Vin Diesel and Paul Walker is best in these series.
  17. Nov 9, 2014
  18. Feb 17, 2015
    Watching the movie for the first time is pure enjoyment. Watching it again is pure enjoyment, no matter how many times you watch Fast Five, it's always pure enjoyment. PERIOD
  19. Apr 8, 2015
    Fast Five is both awesome and stupid at the same time while ripping off The Italian Job to an extent while also being some awesome that I don’t care.

1. Reviewed by: Marc Savlov
    May 5, 2011
    Fascinating, no? Of course, that's just one (obvious) reading of Fast Five. You could also say it's a kickass demolition derby – pure dumb summer fun – and often easy on the (hetero) eyes thanks to the inclusion of Brewster and Mendes.
  2. Reviewed by: Sam Adams
    May 3, 2011
    The Fast and the Furious movies haven't exactly gotten better as they've gone along.
  3. Reviewed by: Karina Longworth
    Apr 29, 2011
    Five's few driving set pieces, all economically cut for spectacle over continuity, are pumped to near-Crank levels of absurdity, with Lin transforming his ragtag bunch of fugitives' superhuman knack for escaping certain death into a running joke.