7.5

1. Apr 29, 2011
    All air and no head, but a popcorn-muncher, a pleasing-enough hi-octane version of the o-so-repeated-to-death heist movie. It's amiable, got some decent-enough stunts, but the story isn't exactly going to test your mental agility, nor tantalise your thirst for more. It's okay. Big screen price-tag required? Nah, this is a straight-to-video bonanza!
  2. Apr 29, 2011
    Finally the Fast and the Furious has some creditability. Now I'm not saying I loved this movie, but I did enjoy the crap out of it, it's only flaws are some not so good acting and a weak plot, but overall, I really enjoyed myself watching this and wouldn't mind giving it a second viewing.
  3. May 4, 2011
    Tough to say too much about this film. On the positive, the stunts and special effects are top notch. The story, screenplay, and acting are dumb. But what should I expect, right? I just think perhaps this genre of movie isn't for me. I can't help thinking of Mike Judge's Idiocracy when imagining the people who REALLY enjoy a film like this. ...and man has "The Rock" been juicing! HeTough to say too much about this film. On the positive, the stunts and special effects are top notch. The story, screenplay, and acting are dumb. But what should I expect, right? I just think perhaps this genre of movie isn't for me. I can't help thinking of Mike Judge's Idiocracy when imagining the people who REALLY enjoy a film like this. ...and man has "The Rock" been juicing! He looks like a character from Gears of War. Expand
  4. May 7, 2011
    I liked the first movie in this series, but was not very impressed with this one. Aside from the fact that most of what takes place in this movie is beyond any scope of reality, the acting was poor. On a positive note: the action was almost non-stop, so if that is all you like then you will love this movie.
  5. Aug 23, 2011
    Not at all what I expected. The Rock, although I like him, was such an unnesiccary addition to the great series. What was with this movie? Everyone is a criminal now? Rio De Janeiro? I didn't know they were known for cars. Have you ever seen the streets? It would be impossible to race there! Not well thought out by the producers. And the Vault seen dragging though the street at theNot at all what I expected. The Rock, although I like him, was such an unnesiccary addition to the great series. What was with this movie? Everyone is a criminal now? Rio De Janeiro? I didn't know they were known for cars. Have you ever seen the streets? It would be impossible to race there! Not well thought out by the producers. And the Vault seen dragging though the street at the end? WHAT? Two Peterbuilt trucks couldn't pull a vault through buildings and around corners let alone two muscle cars! The others in this series are admittedly "over the top" but this one takes the cake, then bakes another and takes that one too. 4/10 Expand
  6. May 6, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best in the series by far. Great additions to the collective cast of the series, great action set pieces, and an all around enjoyable ride. And stay through the credits! please check this out Expand
  7. May 21, 2011
    I'll be up front, I'm not a fan of the Fast series - I hadn't seen any of the others prior to this latest installment. But from my uninitiated perspective, I'd say that this hardly matters. OK, so there might be a few references for the die-hard fans of the series that passed me by, but that did not spoil my enjoyment of the film. It's loud, brash and incredibly fun. The highlight isI'll be up front, I'm not a fan of the Fast series - I hadn't seen any of the others prior to this latest installment. But from my uninitiated perspective, I'd say that this hardly matters. OK, so there might be a few references for the die-hard fans of the series that passed me by, but that did not spoil my enjoyment of the film. It's loud, brash and incredibly fun. The highlight is undoubtedly the end chase through Rio - it's probably the greatest example of movie carnage you'll see this year. The Diesel vs. Rock fight is also pretty cool - it's like watching two slabs of prime steak tenderise each other. The film is also INCREDIBLY stupid...but in a good way. Go see it - just leave your brain at the door. Expand
  8. Aug 1, 2011
    Never watched the four movies before but it's loud and entertaining. Bad talks, intense and brainless action. Heist. Explosion. Crash. Fast Five is unstoppable ride for summer.
  9. Aug 24, 2011
    As an Action film "Fast Dive" was good ! but as the forth sequel of the Fast franchise it was the worst ! Did they forgot that its a racing movie? we use to love this movie franchise because of this reason ! seems like they are throwing the best parts in each sequel ! There were no traditional race in this film ! i cant believe the cut the race part when Dom & O'cor went out for a car !As an Action film "Fast Dive" was good ! but as the forth sequel of the Fast franchise it was the worst ! Did they forgot that its a racing movie? we use to love this movie franchise because of this reason ! seems like they are throwing the best parts in each sequel ! There were no traditional race in this film ! i cant believe the cut the race part when Dom & O'cor went out for a car ! acting was good , Brazil was awesome ! soundtracks wasn't good at all (Compare to the fast 4 films) . the las Vault scene was good but not realistic ! Story : 1.22 [No race]
    Directing : 1.12 [No race and unrealistic last action scene ]
    Acting : 1.42 [Good]
    Sound :12 [Lowest comparing to the last four ]
    Edit & Effect : 1.42 [Good]

OVERALL : 610
  10. Sep 5, 2011
    I'm not on the fan bus too much for this one. Being a huge fan of 1 and 4, I just didn't see much in the latest installment. It's a good action movie, but for a Fast & Furious film, it lacked. The best thing was having cast members from the other films in it. That worked. Glad they had Jordana Brewster in it more. Over all, it's a meh from me, but I am very excited for the 6th film.
  11. Nov 24, 2011
    I did enjoy the movie,but it could have been much more than it really was. There seem to be no plot whatsoever and some of the big name characters exaggerated the roles, or may be i simply expected more out of the series.
  12. Jul 25, 2012
    After all the hype for this movie, i just felt it was okay. There was nothing special about the movie and the acting was sub-par. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson especially did a bad job, with constant overacting. The story was also dumb because it was really predictable and it portrayed Rio of being just some entirely corrupt place which is not very true. Also, this movie made cops looks likeAfter all the hype for this movie, i just felt it was okay. There was nothing special about the movie and the acting was sub-par. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson especially did a bad job, with constant overacting. The story was also dumb because it was really predictable and it portrayed Rio of being just some entirely corrupt place which is not very true. Also, this movie made cops looks like idiots because they cant take down just a few street racers. Just not what I expected from this movie at all. Expand
  13. Dec 19, 2012
    Dom,Brian,Mia,Vince and more are trying to steel 100.000.000 $ from Hernan Reyes. But their way for greatness is blocked by Luke Hobbs(Dwayne Johnson/The Rock). Luke is a cop an he always wanted to catch Toretto.
    Positives: Pure of action and adventure, Roman Pearce!!!
    Negatives: There is no racing, literally no racing
  14. Mar 27, 2013
    I prefer the actual Fast and Furious movies with racing but this one does get the job done. My favorite is "Tokyo Drift". Great cast, maybe not for this particular film, great acting, action sequence were awesome. watch for the action thats probably it. B-
  15. Sep 15, 2013
    I've seen the rest of the Fast and the Furious movies, and hoped this one was going to be just as good. And it was! In fact, i liked this one better than the original! It had great action, thrills, and was the same kind of story as the other ones. Of course, i have to comment on the undeveloped story, flat characters, and unrealistic parts of the movie. Of course, i knew i was going toI've seen the rest of the Fast and the Furious movies, and hoped this one was going to be just as good. And it was! In fact, i liked this one better than the original! It had great action, thrills, and was the same kind of story as the other ones. Of course, i have to comment on the undeveloped story, flat characters, and unrealistic parts of the movie. Of course, i knew i was going to have to suspend disbelief going in, but some of the sequences of action in this movie were too hard to overlook. They fall from a 1000 ft high bridge, plummeting into water, but of course, they are okay! Also, the plot and acting was iffy. This is a generic action thriller with lots of one-liners and car crashes. But that's all that we came for right? So that makes it a little bit better. If car chases, thrills, and kills are your criteria that you look for in movies, then definitely see this one. You won't be disappointed. Expand
  16. Apr 8, 2015
    Fast Five is both awesome and stupid at the same time while ripping off The Italian Job to an extent while also being some awesome that I don’t care.

1. Reviewed by: Marc Savlov
    May 5, 2011
    Fascinating, no? Of course, that's just one (obvious) reading of Fast Five. You could also say it's a kickass demolition derby – pure dumb summer fun – and often easy on the (hetero) eyes thanks to the inclusion of Brewster and Mendes.
  2. Reviewed by: Sam Adams
    May 3, 2011
    The Fast and the Furious movies haven't exactly gotten better as they've gone along.
  3. Reviewed by: Karina Longworth
    Apr 29, 2011
    Five's few driving set pieces, all economically cut for spectacle over continuity, are pumped to near-Crank levels of absurdity, with Lin transforming his ragtag bunch of fugitives' superhuman knack for escaping certain death into a running joke.