7.4

1. Nov 9, 2014
    Very entertaining from start to finish, Fast Five delivers the fun it's predecessors lacked and expertly blends heist with a lot of high octane action and humor.
  2. Nov 4, 2014
    Yes, it is an ok film. At least began to grow notes in this series. I like the idea that reunites all the series and another thing. Vin Diesel and Paul Walker is best in these series.
  3. Oct 12, 2014
    Fast Five is the best in the franchise with fantastic action scenes and a greatly detailed heist that when executed is simply riveting and down right awesome.
  4. Aug 24, 2014
    Fast & Furious goes Ocean's 11.

To get to the bottom of this movie and to be able to truly appreciate it, you should be familiar with the other movies in the series (although Tokyo Drift isn't that important). They bring in characters from all those movies, Han being the only one you can recognize from Tokyo. They don't bother introducing the characters, really, other than the main
    Fast & Furious goes Ocean's 11.

They don't bother introducing the characters, really, other than the main trio (Dom, Brian and Mia). A lot of weight is put on Vin Diesel (Dom) to be big, hulking and mean looking; apparently just making him stand there, quiet and brooding, is enough to get the audience convinced that he is totally badass. Well, we all know he is badass, so let's move on.

The rest of the crew isn't introduced other than briefly, and some of them are hard to recognize (even when I watched the 4 previous movies on the same day as seeing this one). They really could have used a bit more time to flesh them out.

Apparently that isn't important or vital for the movie. In the middle of the unbelievable stunts that would normally result in all of our heroes dying a dozen times during this film, we have a nasty Rio drug-lord who must be punished for making their lives that much harder. In other words, they are going to rob him clean to start their new lives.

I liked this movie, no denying it, but when some of the stunts become just a bit too unrealistic, it kind of ruins the experience. Sure, you can just lie back and enjoy it, but even the final chase, which in its creativity was very amusing to watch, seemed far too drawn out. There is only so many times that seeing the same thing will make your heart pump a bit harder with excitement. After that you start frowning and decide that it is not possible to do that.

In a way the characters made this movie much more enjoyable than the action with the cars and guns. There were some good, witty lines, and seeing all these people thrown together was interesting. Even Dwayne Johnson pulled this one off admirably!

The little scene in between the ending titles suggests that they are entertaining the idea of another sequel. If they keep this up, it can't be bad.

Well worth seeing, and if you're a fan of the franchise, you'll definitely enjoy this.
  5. Aug 21, 2014
    "Running ain't freedom. You should know that." - Dom

Fast Five is a nice movie.Is fun with all cast. Enjoy the movie.

**************************************
  6. Aug 18, 2014
    Fast Five (or is that The Fast & the Furious 5? or Fast & Furious 5? Or Rio Heist... never mind) is a decent addition to the franchise which proves to be more fun than parts 2, 3 & 4. Dialing the action up to insane levels and adding in The Rock makes this a ton of stoopid fun.
  7. Aug 17, 2014
    One of the worst films i've ever seen, probably the other users will dislike my review but, it is just my opinion.
    The movie was full of cliches also has one of the most unrealistic and dull action scenes, the actors are terrible, specially Dwayne Johnson. This movie is the meaning of how Hollywood offers crap the majority of times.
  8. Jul 15, 2014
    The Fast and the Furious is a great and effortlessly entertaining movie, i highly recommend it and the cast perform very well, I can't believe how bad the critic reviews are for this movie, because, nice cars, girls, money, street race, actor !
  9. May 3, 2014
    For the fifth installment, Dom and Brian continue on another two hours or more doing ridiculous car stunts that they've been stereotyped for over the past decade. This time, you ought to give them credit. No one's ever refueled a rusty, old car with double the amount of gasoline.
  10. Mar 8, 2014
    I really admired this fifth installment. With a new style and more intense action, the film takes quite a big step up from the previous films. It's not just the same old mindless car driving, instead we're approached with an energetic and exciting fun ride.
  11. Feb 28, 2014
    the collective cast of the series gets my attention to the better goods.the action is expensive the intensity is "spice of life". the story is getting me somewhere like remind me of the early titles. i watch this 5 time more than by all the meanings.
  12. Feb 2, 2014
    I watched the first "fast and furious" movie, and I didn't like it. years pasted and they started making the "fast and furious" sequels! I figured, maybe... I am missing out! So I watched Fast five, wow! was I ever disappointed. Being a car guy myself, this movie is total cr*p. The were doing a 1/4 mile race and one of the characters down shifted? really?! The story is just terrible asI watched the first "fast and furious" movie, and I didn't like it. years pasted and they started making the "fast and furious" sequels! I figured, maybe... I am missing out! So I watched Fast five, wow! was I ever disappointed. Being a car guy myself, this movie is total cr*p. The were doing a 1/4 mile race and one of the characters down shifted? really?! The story is just terrible as well! I have no idea, how people can support this franchise! Expand
  13. Dec 14, 2013
  14. Sep 15, 2013
    I've seen the rest of the Fast and the Furious movies, and hoped this one was going to be just as good. And it was! In fact, i liked this one better than the original! It had great action, thrills, and was the same kind of story as the other ones. Of course, i have to comment on the undeveloped story, flat characters, and unrealistic parts of the movie. Of course, i knew i was going toI've seen the rest of the Fast and the Furious movies, and hoped this one was going to be just as good. And it was! In fact, i liked this one better than the original! It had great action, thrills, and was the same kind of story as the other ones. Of course, i have to comment on the undeveloped story, flat characters, and unrealistic parts of the movie. Of course, i knew i was going to have to suspend disbelief going in, but some of the sequences of action in this movie were too hard to overlook. They fall from a 1000 ft high bridge, plummeting into water, but of course, they are okay! Also, the plot and acting was iffy. This is a generic action thriller with lots of one-liners and car crashes. But that's all that we came for right? So that makes it a little bit better. If car chases, thrills, and kills are your criteria that you look for in movies, then definitely see this one. You won't be disappointed. Expand
  15. Sep 9, 2013
    [7.1] It is very rare that a Fast and Furious movie is given, and where credit is needed, credit should be given. All of the crappy dialogue and the unnecessary, and what would usually be unfunny jokes are put in just the right places. The action is stellar, and the performances are surprisingly solid. This movie accepts its clichés and decides to work with them, and it works very well.
  16. Jun 6, 2013
    Fast Five is the first film in the series to drift from the traditional underground street racing films, and the result is an action-packed blockbuster culminating as an excellent heist film.
  17. Jun 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Fast Five was awesome. It was essentially Fast and the Furious meets Oceans 11 except with more badasses. There wasn't as much car action as there was in the past movies (1 and 3 especially) but that really didn't hurt the movie much. Like the prior installment in the FF franchise, this one featured a really good story, impressive action, solid acting, and some unfortunately unrealistic aspects (like determining the identity of someone by using piss poor traffic cameras to read their eyes or face through a mask) that were the only real negatives of the film. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson was a beast and a great addition to the series and the fight scene between him and Vin Diesel was epic. I wish they would've shown some of the car chases that they left out (Dom and Brian acquiring the Porsche for example) but I suppose they felt the movie was already too long. I also thought the brief cameo in the after-credits scene by two females from movies past was a cool touch but I truly do with they would've ended the story with this film instead of extending out the franchise. Regardless, it was definitely a good movie and most would really enjoy it. Expand
  18. May 27, 2013
    Seriously I don't like any Fast & Furious movies. There are too many Hollywood sequels, too long. Movies like Resident Evil, Transformers, Pirates of the Caribbean, Harry Potter. Just make at least 2 then finish.
  19. May 17, 2013
    Its at times ridiculous, but 'Fast Five' is to undeniably fun, and action packed to not enjoy. In some ways its terrible, but in so many others it's some of the most fun your going to have at the cinema in years.
  20. Mar 31, 2013
    The Fast and Furious series have been always considered average, (except for the second movie) but this one really redeems the series in a big way. It's a fun action thrill ride done right. There are many big changes that make this movie an actual success. Storyline, characters even the action. It definitely has more intense action than all of the movies combined, which makes the movieThe Fast and Furious series have been always considered average, (except for the second movie) but this one really redeems the series in a big way. It's a fun action thrill ride done right. There are many big changes that make this movie an actual success. Storyline, characters even the action. It definitely has more intense action than all of the movies combined, which makes the movie kick some serious butt. The characters have grown from mediocre actors to bringing out thier characters with feeling and emotion. This is how the series should have started in the first place. Overall, it's an intense action-packed joyride done right. Expand
  21. Mar 27, 2013
    I prefer the actual Fast and Furious movies with racing but this one does get the job done. My favorite is "Tokyo Drift". Great cast, maybe not for this particular film, great acting, action sequence were awesome. watch for the action thats probably it. B-
  22. Mar 11, 2013
    Sure the acting was horrible, but who went to see Fast Five for good acting?! F that nonsense. I wanted action and boy did they deliver. Hand down the greatest action film I have seen to date on the big screen. Mind was blown. Gorgeous special effects. I have no idea how they are going to top this, or even come close, but I cannot wait till fast 6!
  23. Jan 6, 2013
    Who knew that after four films, the fifth would wipe the floor with the rest?
    With a throughly enjoyable plot, superb performances and spectacular set pieces, this is one popcorn movie with half a brain.
    Who knew that after four films, the fifth would wipe the floor with the rest?
    Picking up where the fourth in the franchise left off, (but still acting as prequel to the third instillment, Tokyo Drift) we see the familiar faces of Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and Jordana Brewster as Dom Toretto, Brian O'Connor and Dom's sister Mia.
    Much to the delight of many, this film deliberately shifts its momentum away from the barrier-ridden underground car scene, and instead focuses on heists, but still the odd car chase here and there.
    With plenty of familiar faces making a welcome return, and the addition of the muscle bound Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, this was a surprisingly brilliant addition to the franchise.
    The Rock excels in his performance as the ruthless DSS agent Luke Hobbs, sent to hunt down and capture our fugitives.
    What makes this film stand alone from the rest is its smart yet sophisticated story, emotionally driven characters, but most of all is the clear chemistry between these larger than life people.
    When i heard of The Rock and Vin Diesel appearing on screen together, i thought what im sure every other fan did... "FIGHT". Trust m, you won't be disappointed.
    What is clear in this transitional movie is the motivation behind these characters, they are all serving a purpose, the other films felt dry in regards to what they were actually supposed to be doing at a certain point in a given time. Diesel's Toretto character is broody and miserable, we know why, O'Connor is all guns blazing in your face, he's now here to prove a point. It all just fits.
    Tyrese and Ludacris are an excellent comedic duo in this movie, providing a light hearted nature to this otherwise screeching and explosive film.
    With superb performances from all members of the cast, it is The Rock who steals the show, it is visually frightening just how dominant and physically powering this man is, his cold-hearted delivery for his role in this film deserves heightened recognition.
    Most importantly,it is excellent to see most of the original cast from previous films make a return, and on that note , make sure to stay for the post-credit scene.
  24. Dec 19, 2012
    Dom,Brian,Mia,Vince and more are trying to steel 100.000.000 $ from Hernan Reyes. But their way for greatness is blocked by Luke Hobbs(Dwayne Johnson/The Rock). Luke is a cop an he always wanted to catch Toretto.
    Positives: Pure of action and adventure, Roman Pearce!!!
    Negatives: There is no racing, literally no racing
  25. Jul 25, 2012
    After all the hype for this movie, i just felt it was okay. There was nothing special about the movie and the acting was sub-par. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson especially did a bad job, with constant overacting. The story was also dumb because it was really predictable and it portrayed Rio of being just some entirely corrupt place which is not very true. Also, this movie made cops looks likeAfter all the hype for this movie, i just felt it was okay. There was nothing special about the movie and the acting was sub-par. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson especially did a bad job, with constant overacting. The story was also dumb because it was really predictable and it portrayed Rio of being just some entirely corrupt place which is not very true. Also, this movie made cops looks like idiots because they cant take down just a few street racers. Just not what I expected from this movie at all. Expand
  26. Jul 13, 2012
    AWESOME film! Justin Lin once again brought us a well directed and exciting, race thrilling story plot. One of the best action movies of 2011, wonderful stunts with amazing characters. Showing the best heist with the best characters for it. Knowing anything is possible when determined and a bit crazy enough.
  27. Jun 1, 2012
    Somehow this series continues onwards without an real story to them and finally we get the latest one that actually has the best story, action and acting of the entire series.
  28. Apr 17, 2012
    One of the best movies ever. Period. The best fighting scenes, gun shootouts, action packed scenes, romance and a bit of comedy, with a bunch of A-List actors we know and love. I would say this is one of the best if not the best in the series.
  29. Apr 16, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Finally! I know that this saga one day can have a good movie, and Fast Five is really amazing, ok, the first movie is better, but after a horrible second part, a good third, and regular fourth, is obviusly that this new film be a disaster, but is sorpresive. The story is good, have great elements. The performances of the cast are really amazing. The only thing that I don't understand is the character of Michelle Rodriguez, she not died in the last movie? Ok, the movie is really amazing. A great sorprise. Expand
  30. Apr 2, 2012
    First off, this is a 9.5 out of 10. Best fast&furious movie yet. Acting is good. Not Oscar winning performances, but everyone delivers. Score is good. Especially the sound of destruction throughout. Story is alot better. It's a lot better then usually. Action sequences are really good. There all so well made and created. Overall, this is a really good movie. If your skeptical thenFirst off, this is a 9.5 out of 10. Best fast&furious movie yet. Acting is good. Not Oscar winning performances, but everyone delivers. Score is good. Especially the sound of destruction throughout. Story is alot better. It's a lot better then usually. Action sequences are really good. There all so well made and created. Overall, this is a really good movie. If your skeptical then don't worry. This is a funny, action joyride for everyone. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Marc Savlov
    May 5, 2011
    Fascinating, no? Of course, that's just one (obvious) reading of Fast Five. You could also say it's a kickass demolition derby – pure dumb summer fun – and often easy on the (hetero) eyes thanks to the inclusion of Brewster and Mendes.
  2. Reviewed by: Sam Adams
    May 3, 2011
    The Fast and the Furious movies haven't exactly gotten better as they've gone along.
  3. Reviewed by: Karina Longworth
    Apr 29, 2011
    Five's few driving set pieces, all economically cut for spectacle over continuity, are pumped to near-Crank levels of absurdity, with Lin transforming his ragtag bunch of fugitives' superhuman knack for escaping certain death into a running joke.