7.0

1. Sep 1, 2014
    I know that the most important things in this film are the action's moments but the entire plot is SO stupid....
    I really can't believe what I' ve seen.
    There are basically 2 problem:
    1)there's never a good reason to start a crazy action situation
    2) the way in which the characters ( but the police too) think it's so absurd
  2. Aug 24, 2014
    Strong 3 1/2 stars. Lots of foreplay behind the wheel. Sometimes two wheels. Simultaneously. Vehicle warfare (when normal car stunts have already become boring). Luke Evans is an awesome villain with a perfectly pretty face. I can't get enough of him. And he was good. A little creepy when he started to go even more darkside than he originally was, but still good. (Sometimes pretty boys just can't pull off a villain, but that isn't the case here.)

Vin Diesel as Dom is just as unflinching in the face as always, although that's what you expect and that's good enough.

[proper review coming later...]
  3. Aug 23, 2014
    " Ride or die, remember?" - Dom

Full action in this movie, a nice movie. I can't wait to see Fast and Furious 7.

************************************
  4. Aug 18, 2014
    Fast & Furious 6 is the best entry in the franchise so far. It's so over-the-top and stupid that you can't help but be entertained. Things go bang, cars go fast, girls look hot and grown men beat the living crap out of each other. Not to mention the TANKS!! Definitely good fun then.
  5. Jul 15, 2014
    The Fast and the Furious is a great and effortlessly entertaining movie, i highly recommend it and the cast perform very well, I can't believe how bad the critic reviews are for this movie, because, nice cars, girls, money, street race, actor !
  6. May 25, 2014
    You know most the time after six movies in a franchise they tend to go bad. This series is actually getting better. This movie wasn't that bad but was it better then fast five no not in my opinion still though this movie has some over the top car action that um was just a bit too much but still great fun. Yes taking on a huge battle tank and a plane is quite a leap from just cars racing cars which they do have in this film have to have some elements of the past films.

Dwayne Johnson(Hobbs) joins Vin Diesel(Dominic Toretto) group to track down some other new hot shot group that is basically doing the same thing stealing cars doing heists. Nothing original with the story seen this type of movie before but like i said this had some great action that at least helps with it's not up to par story. The cast again worked great together with some good comedy in the dialog that these movies work in well. Not really sure why we needed Michelle Rodriguez to come back seems like they really just wanted through her back into the franchise.

Overall i give it a 7.5 i definitely will be buying on blu ray add to the collection not sure though this movie had like the longest runway EVER seriously though it seemed like it was 30 miles long
  7. May 18, 2014
    Honestly since Fast & Furious 5 all they care about is selling the characters, not the movie any more. You basically get the same stuff you already seen in the previous parts, with added characters from 5, and Dominics girlfriend.It`s not that the movie is bad, it`s just that it`s more of the same. Fast & Furious 6 gives you no reason to be excited if they make a 7th.
  8. May 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Fast 6 explains hans death Whitch we have been waiting for a while it also has great action balance out with a good story and a nice touch of drama fans of the franchise will not be disappointed. Expand
  9. Mar 8, 2014
    Ultimately, not quite as good as "Fast Five", but this film has the same style as the previous film and it's just great. I had fun with this film, simply because it was not just some random car racing with a dull and lame plot.
  10. Feb 14, 2014
    An action blockbuster like no other. With tons of humor, awesome action, and an excellent plot, this latest chapter in the series impressed me by managing to feel fresh and not suffering from franchise fatigue. In a lot of ways this might just be the best "Fast & Furious" yet, at least in my opinion.

All of the characters I've grown to really like return and they battle it out against a
    truly despicable villain who always seems to have the upper hand. Some of the early racing scenes can feel a little familiar, but overall they still manage to get the adrenaline pumping. So if you've enjoyed the series up until this point I would find it hard to believe that this would disappoint. Expand
  11. Jan 27, 2014
    Owen McKenna Rio Rancho, NM. The movie is action packed, although I though it started off a little slow. Paul Walker and Vin Diesel continue to please. The addition of "The Rock" made the movie.
  12. Jan 8, 2014
    ::laughing:: Of course it's stupid but it's fun. There are so many ridiculous things that happen you really need a well-developed sense of humor to truly enjoy this film. It's worth a buck and a quarter rental as long as you don't expect it to make any sense at all.
  13. Jan 7, 2014
    This movie is a great movie, one of my top 10 it is full of action, got brilliant cars, this movie is a really must see, it shows how family stick togeather no matter what and can get through anything togeather it really shocked me to see how good the movie was that i had to go to the Cinema 2 times to watch it, to be honest it beat my expectations, it was much more exciting then i throught it would be, i enjoyed very much Expand
  14. Dec 11, 2013
    people need to calm the f*** down! I truly do not know why so many people love this movie/series, it embarrassing just how little it takes to make a so called "masterpiece". why can't you understand that it is complete garbage? I get so angry just by thinking about arguing with a person blinded by the stupidity of the series, i really try to talk them into sense but they just won't realize it
  15. lox
    Dec 10, 2013
    It's no secret that the Fast franchise has undergone a huge change of concept. It has went from a franchise centered around street racing and the corruption involved, to ripping off crime lords and fighting international terrorism in Fast 6. What a huge change of concept, right? Either way, Fast & Furious 6 sets out to do what a Fast movie is meant to do: keep you highly entertained with breathtaking action sequences, likable characters, and a good amount of humor. There are gripes however. One of those is the villain. Even though Luke Evans acting was adequate, the character overall felt completely forgettable and jammed into the movie just for the sake of having a villain. The second gripe I have is the scene where Dom and Letty meet under the bridge after their race. For the first few moments I was like "okay, so now the movie will finally tell us what happened to Letty and why she's so different now". After a while though, the scene started to drag and I was literally making "Okay seriously move on" gestures with my hands. The final gripe I had about Fast 6 were the dramatic sequences in general that felt kind of shoehorned. Fast 6 had exciting action sequences, likable characters, and humor that worked. Fast & Furious 6 may not be as fresh and fun as Fast Five was, but it still holds up as one of the better installments of the franchise. Go into Fast 6 expecting an action-packed thrill ride, and you will not be disappointed. Expand
  16. Dec 3, 2013
    I don’t care how stupid or how many of these movies they make, I will watch them all. This franchise just appeals to the raw, visceral side of entertainment and that’s why they are guilty pleasures of mine. “Fast & Furious 6” doesn’t clog itself up with complicated narratives, plots, stories or characters. Nope, it’s just a basic, straight-up, un-cut action film with fast cars, explosive action scenes and hot girls thrown in pointlessly for eye candy. The entire film is just ridiculous fun and is a great movie to just kick back and stuff your face with popcorn to. The only complaint beyond having Michelle Rodriquez return to the franchise was the inclusion of Gina Carano to the cast. The internet may have once been obsessed with her but she can’t act to save her life…and that says a lot because it’s not like this franchise was built on stellar acting. Carano aside, “Furious 6” is a fun addition to a franchise that will always be a guilty, fun pleasure of mine. Expand
  17. Nov 29, 2013
    It lacks the fun of Fast Five and creates it's own scientific formulaes with its stupid action sequences, but surprisingly delivers a great action movie.
  18. Nov 24, 2013
    I haven't this much fun with a movie in a long time, all you need to know is fast cars, hot girls, explosions, and muscles. Just leave your brain at home and enjoy the ride.

Full Review available on iMDB
  19. Oct 2, 2013
    With more shooting, driving, fast cars, and even bigger stunts than all the other Fast and Furious movies, the franchise returns with it's sixth installment. It effectively mixes absurd action scenes and outrageous stunts with a predictable but enjoyable plot, just like Fast Five did. I mean, when you have people driving tanks and bringing down airplanes, you can see where I am going. I liked seeing the cast of Fast Five return (especially The Rock) and the characters teamwork, bonding and family spirit. I liked the villain, Owen Shaw. One thing that I kind of find confusing is the Fast and Furious timeline. Tokyo Drift happens after this, right? Personally, I feel that its the best Fast and Furious movie yet. Expand
  20. Sep 26, 2013
    Simple stories, wonderful cars, hot chicks, spinning action, petrol. Why I love.
    Those who loved the previous parts of this is going to like. I loved it.
  21. Sep 12, 2013
    I think this movie is really pretty nice. Very interesting, breathtaking movie. Great movie, i like the idea of this so much. Very nice. I watched it a 3 months ago and i still remember how it was amazing.
  22. Sep 9, 2013
    [6.6] A small step back from Fast Five, this movie is more ridiculous, but not always in the best way. From a cop unlawfully deciding to save a criminal all the way to a 28.75 mile long runway, it takes its ridiculousness slightly too seriously which is where it goes wrong. Despite that, the movie is still just as fun as its predecessor. We want less story, more explosions.
  23. Aug 31, 2013
    The only thing that I want to say is that I hate Fast and Furious. I don't understand why people love it. It's horrible. It's terrible!!! It's only wasting of time. Save your money!!!
  24. Aug 24, 2013
    Best one of the series so far. Filled with action, high speed chases. It's awesome, just keeps getting better and better. I love the story, it's complicated sometimes but that makes it fun to watch.
  25. Aug 19, 2013
    After watching the new Fast and Furious film I can conclude that just like the others in the series the laws of physics are broken, repeatedly and that once again the heroes of the Fast series are tough as nails and seem to be able to withstand anything thrown at them.

The Fast series is still more aimed on having adrenaline pumping action in comparison to characters which you really
    feel for and connect with. If they cut out 40% of the fast cut car chases which half the stuff which happens you miss because the camera is to close to the car and focused that time on character building then there’d be a good film.

However despite this I cannot deny I did enjoy myself, I laughed at all the banter and enjoyed the car chases and fight sequences. Although a slightly predictable story it is still and enjoyable film. However I did find myself asking what was the real point of this film, is it really necessary for the sake of the series turns out it is a lead in to the seventh film, that’s right there is another one coming.

Fast 6 does get you going, the film which follows the team trying to take down essentially their exact counterparts in driving ability is an enjoyable watch, although I do ask myself the question of whether they needed to break the laws of physics quite as much as they did. I pose this question because for me personally it really takes me out of the film, would that car really flip that high in the air, would that car really be their? And why have they got a lift which only takes one car at a time, I mean seriously would that not get annoying?

I didn’t expect much acting wise from Fast 6, I expected the same acting I’d seen in other Fast films to which to be brutally honest is never going to achieve awards or big recognition on any acting capabilities Vin Diesel’s constant mumbling of words did annoy me slightly but I think I got most of what he was saying. Despite this though I thought he did an alright job he wasn’t bad but he was nothing special. Same with the female side of the cast the roles being cast on looks and not talent.

All in all if you are looking for a film which will stick with you and perhaps effect the way you look at world, a hard-hitting drama for instance than this is not the film for you. However if you just want to see a film with lots of explosions with your mates and be entertained then check out Fast 6 and you probably won’t be disappointed if that is the case.

Even with this being a weak film, I did enjoy watching it and I will be going to see Fast 7 when it is released, but with no expectations like I watched this one with because without the expectation of a film to be good it can’t let you down.
  26. Aug 18, 2013
    Guilty pleasure! It's the longest running car-racing movie I know. Anyone would have thought a movie like that might survive a sequel or two. Not this one! The plotline is always predictable, and the characters cliche; but we buy into it. With Paul Walker leading a sexy cast of rebels, one does not simply refuse!
  27. Aug 15, 2013
    We all know the Fast and Furious 6 franchise has become less and less about the cars over the series, so there is no point in moaning about that now. As an action packed film, and the occasional race which forcefully became relevant to the story, Fast and Furious 6 is great. However, the realism of this film was just dreadful, Star Wars was more believable when Yoda came back as a ghost. I noticed three loopholes in the story myself, that's while my friend sat next to me tapping me on the shoulder every 10 seconds to point out another cliché. If you have seen the other films in this series then you can pretty much work out for yourselves what is going to happen. Growing up with this series I really wanted to leave a good review, but I just can't. Overall, if you enjoyed the other films, just want an action packed film and can leave your brain at the door then this movie is great. But it will leave the more hardcore film fan laughing at how they could write and direct a better film in their sleep. Expand
  28. Aug 12, 2013
    The worst movie in fast and furious series. Seriously they need stop continuing this franchise. The film literally doesn't have any story rather than chasing some high tech bad guys and that's it.
  29. Jul 31, 2013
    Watched this one in the local multiplex, honestly I am not an avid fanboy of this money-maker franchise, I am even not an advocate of racing vehicles, but the turning point comes when FAST FIVE (2011, 7/10) surprisingly catapults itself into a new level of sensory entertainment with its roller coaster ride and triumphantly revives the series’ mass appeal to a younger generation and has grossed a series-high income means it has yet overstayed its welcome.

Still helmed by Justin Lin, this 6th sequel reunites all the cast, including one of the “original four” Michelle Rodriguez, whose wacky insomnia and vague backstory stirs the most untenable veneer of the plot if one can excuse the physics-defying action sequences as an utmost drawing power to allure new genre lovers and retain its core audiences. So a large drawback of this one is it is solely made for one’s eyes only, one should completely ignore what is the convoluted plot going on by the villain and his cohorts and plainly indulge oneself in the great stunt work to find it is worth your ticket.

Unequivocally it is a tough job for any writer to create new blood for the franchise since it allows very limited leeway to inspire from the original cast, and due to the aesthetic fatigue, sooner or later, a younger cast must be mustered so as to invigorate a healthy metabolism for the faded set pieces. In this one, the newcomer is a strapping Luke Evans as the main villain, whose temperament presages a brighter future as a leading man candidate in world cinema, but unfortunately this film is not his breakthrough, at most a stepping stone permits him to be seen by more people and hence enlarges his fan base.

Everyone else is pigeonholed with their respective task, Johnson bullies scumbags, Diesel passionlessly sweet-talks with his comeback battle-axe, Walker retreats into a family man, Gibson and Ludacris are the pair of cutups, the ass-kicking martial pro Carano is here for girl fights while Kang and Gadot cannot run away from their functional exit, which plausibly introduce another bankable name as the next villain for the next chapter, due next year and will be transferred to be under the reign of horror-genre whiz James Wan, let’s pray for a miracle to sustain its longevity and if we are lucky enough, a better one next time!

1. Reviewed by: Steven Boone
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fast 6 is solid entertainment, but it might have been great if it recognized that a human touch is a rare thing, and when you have it, there's no need to keep clenching it into a fist.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Jun 3, 2013
    Diesel, of course, slots into the Fast and Furious films as neatly as a dip-stick. Not only does his name remind you of the stuff you pump into a car; when he opens his mouth, he actually sounds like a car. [3 June 2013, p.74]
    The driving in the film is a thing of beauty.