6.5

1. Apr 7, 2015
    The Fast & Furious brings the franchise back to where it started with the original cast and conflicts that made the first two have some appeal. The only difference is this time I care. The film writes the characters of Paul Walker and Vin Desil in a way that both are likeable especially Vin Desil and the relationship the two have over the course of the film gives it some emotionalThe Fast & Furious brings the franchise back to where it started with the original cast and conflicts that made the first two have some appeal. The only difference is this time I care. The film writes the characters of Paul Walker and Vin Desil in a way that both are likeable especially Vin Desil and the relationship the two have over the course of the film gives it some emotional investment that the other ones lacked. The film while borrowing elements from previous entries picks the good elements such as fun car chases which are for once fun and memorable. The scenarios and sets along with some nice direction make the action in the film engaging minus the occasional moment when its hard to tell what’s going on and one chase sequence early on which has excessive use of shaky cam. The spectacle has also been toned down and hot babes and flashy cars aren’t solely relied on to hold the film up. The characters outside of the leads aren’t fleshed out and there are some cliché and predictable moments such as the bad guy reveal and Paul Walker’s characters conflict with the force. Its not a great film but it is entertaining which is something this franchise has never been making this the best of the four and hopefully the future installments keep up this sense of fun. Expand
  2. Feb 17, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Damn, Brian O'Conner (Paul Walker) really does not like Dom Toretto (Vin Diesel) on this one. They have some sort of good friendship but at the same time they both just want to kick each others asses. This 4th installment to the Fast & Furious series gets a 8 out of 10. Amazing movie, but did not kinda get to the Fast & Furious level. But i'm glad that it was only this movie that kinda failed in a small way. Expand
  3. Nov 9, 2014
    It drifts on to a new genre (heist) which works very well for a franchise running out of fuel, but like its predecessors, no scene stands out as great. Even the twist at the end was disappointing.
  4. Nov 4, 2014
    "Just like old times." What can I say it's a movie ok, that I really liked enough: D. Anyway, all the Fast and Furious series is good, really can not deny that.
  5. Oct 12, 2014
    A combination of action and a more detailed story,with no talent or effort put into it at all! Fast & Furious is complete garbage,yet important to the franchise.
  6. Aug 26, 2014
    Fast & Furious is the darkest entry in the franchise and possibly the least fun. The story is great and there are a lot of good moments between the characters. Bizarrely, the weakest moments come in the action sequences, most notably with the use of unnecessary CG. Where are the crazy stunts the series is famed for? In the computer, that's where. Fast & Furious may be the weakest in theFast & Furious is the darkest entry in the franchise and possibly the least fun. The story is great and there are a lot of good moments between the characters. Bizarrely, the weakest moments come in the action sequences, most notably with the use of unnecessary CG. Where are the crazy stunts the series is famed for? In the computer, that's where. Fast & Furious may be the weakest in the series, but it's still a fun ride. Expand
  7. Aug 25, 2014
    I'm going to give this movie three and a half, although it almost deserves four.

This was almost directly a follow-up for the first movie of the series, "The Fast and the Furious". The cast is back almost in its entirety, and you should see at least that part of the series before viewing this movie. Why not four stars, then? While there's a plot, it isn't that strong. It has been

Why not four stars, then?

While there's a plot, it isn't that strong. It has been forced to give way for the action, which while looking pretty awesome is also a bit numbing. Perhaps that's because some of the stuff going on film would never, ever happen in reality. But that's the thing with most action films, right?

Some inconstancies exist in this movie: if they drove a truck loaded with cars and drivers to Mexico, why not to bring the drugs back the same way? Also, jumping from a moving vehicle or a truck is usually a pretty nasty fall. I haven't tried it, I don't recommend it, but it ought not to be just a tumble in the dust either.

Other than that, good to see Vin Diesel back in the series.

For those who like fast cars, scantily dressed chicks, action, macho guys, blasting rap music, and all that jazz: this is for you.
  8. Aug 21, 2014
    " A real driver knows exactly what's in his car." - Dom
    Fast and Furious 4..is a nice story of first Fast and Furious..Nice cars,nice movie.I like it.
  9. Jul 15, 2014
    The Fast and the Furious is a great and effortlessly entertaining movie, i highly recommend it and the cast perform very well, I can't believe how bad the critic reviews are for this movie, because, nice cars, girls, money, street race, actor !
  10. Mar 8, 2014
    Despite an improvement over the previous three films, this fourth installment is no more than just crazy car chase sequences and races. It is good to see members of the previous movies' cast back in action though.
  11. Dec 14, 2013
  12. Oct 24, 2013
    Turn off your mind, though, and there's some fun to be had from some of the better whizz-bang sequences of the film's biggest laughs is showing title credits. Clearly, after a prologue in which thieves play chicken with a burning, tumbling oil tanker, the possibility exists this is a Steven Soderbergh experimental gamble. Dumb, fun and awesome.
  13. Jun 5, 2013
    Fast and Furious was a very good movie that had a darker and more serious tone than any of the prior films in the franchise. I loved seeing almost the entire original cast return and the amazing cars and impressive special effects that are a staple of the series return once again... granted, with a reduced emphasis on the cars themselves. The only real problem I had was that the continuityFast and Furious was a very good movie that had a darker and more serious tone than any of the prior films in the franchise. I loved seeing almost the entire original cast return and the amazing cars and impressive special effects that are a staple of the series return once again... granted, with a reduced emphasis on the cars themselves. The only real problem I had was that the continuity was broken a bit. *SPOILERS* Why, for example, is Paul Walker back in LA after the ending of 2 Fast 2 Furious? What happened to Tyrese's character? What happened to the rest of the crew from the original movie? These are not huge complaints but they did take away from the experience a bit. It's also evident that this film is a prequel to Tokyo Drift which was a little weird. Nonetheless, great film that is probably better than any of the prior ones other than the first of course. Expand
  14. Dec 23, 2012
    Features fast-paced action but manages to be disloyal to the fans who loved the series for its cars (me), the 4th entry in this franchise wreaks of predictability and transparency, and makes for one of the most painfully brainless and mediocre films this year.
  15. Jul 27, 2011
    Movies arnt good because they entertain dumb people for 2 hours and they arnt good because they feature cool cars or paid models to show their legs and cleavage. Given the opportunity of having the originally cast back for another shot, Fast and Furious stumbles to give us anything the audience hasnt seen in previous instalments.There is little here that is very cool or sexy. The action isMovies arnt good because they entertain dumb people for 2 hours and they arnt good because they feature cool cars or paid models to show their legs and cleavage. Given the opportunity of having the originally cast back for another shot, Fast and Furious stumbles to give us anything the audience hasnt seen in previous instalments.There is little here that is very cool or sexy. The action is only mildly thrilling, the characters dull, the villains lame and the story forgettable. Expand
  16. May 21, 2011
    This movie was enjoyable but not great and if it wasn't for the ending race scene and the familiar characters, I might not have bothered to see it. None of these movies compare to the first two.
  17. Sep 12, 2010
    i think that this was an excellent movie. it revived the two main protagonist very well and the story i which they are brought together again provides fine action and suspense. the rest of the cast performs well and provides convincing entertainment and i would definitely recommend this movie and i am looking forward to the sequel
  18. GhadaC
    Mar 29, 2010
    Awesome Movie. Enjoyed watching it a lot.
  19. AlexL.
    Mar 19, 2010
    The best of them all. much better than tokyo drift. had some of the most beautiful cars i have ever seen. i love all of those "tuners"
  20. ChantelV.
    Sep 20, 2009
    They really tried to make the film more than just a racer, but it couldn't keep my attention span for more than 10 minutes at a time, I kept looking for something else to do. The tunnel racing was nicely done, but that's about the only highlight for me.
  21. RyanS
    Jul 30, 2009
    Boring. Excruciatingly boring. You keep waiting for the action sequences, but when they happen they're almost as bad as the rest of the movie.
  22. JayH
    Jul 26, 2009
    Dizzying camerawork, some incredible action sequences but the plot is only about as complex as Jessica Simpson's brain. However, there is no denying it has some of the best car chase scenes ever filmed. The cast is fair, very well edited, irritating score
  23. ManuelR.
    Jul 9, 2009
    It lacks of a well based plot, losses all waht F&F was all about which if i remind you, it was the races, in this one we have one and it was horribly filled with Japanese graphics.
  24. CocoBunny
    Jun 22, 2009
    One of the only movies I've ever walked out on. I see these for the cars, and they didn't even give us enough of those! Horrible acting, terrible special effects (the CGI tanker explosion looks like it was pulled from a cheaply-made video game--not a feature film), and did I mention the horrible acting? Shut up and race some cars already!
  25. BrentP
    Jun 16, 2009
    A fun movie that is worth seeing if you want a break from life and like to feel an adrenaline rush.
  26. AlexH.
    Jun 5, 2009
    Ahh, why does Hollywood keep coming with these poorly written, horribly casted, weekend grossing movies. Fast and Furious is a movie with no point, no acting and no sense.
  27. JamesS.
    Apr 29, 2009
    As long as you go in to this film knowing what sort of thing the previous ones were, you'll get exactly what you expect. Good harmless entertainment.
  28. ChrisK
    Apr 25, 2009
    Come on, can these stunts ever happen in real life.
  29. LeightonW
    Apr 16, 2009
    A great film. Fast cars, hot women and loads of action. The story line is solid and the acting is great. You do need to have watched the previous fast and the furious movies to truly understand what is going on though. For any fast and the furious fans this is not a let down but another awesome film.
  30. BenC
    Apr 15, 2009
    Just wanted to say to Pat E that it actually was set in Dominican Republic if you could read the subtitles at the bottom. On topic this one is the worst yet, rent tokyo drift, its much better.
  31. BrandonC
    Apr 12, 2009
    Will leave you at the edge of your seat even throughout the credits! A high octane action/racing/thriller!
  32. KurtH
    Apr 12, 2009
    I have to ask. How do movies like this keep getting made. It is utterly absurd to remotely consider this film art, good, or even average. This movie was the same movie that we have seen the past 3 times. Please stop beating this overly dead horse.
  33. PatE.(aka.Mr.Shammy)
    Apr 11, 2009
    Sure it isn't the best movie out there, but it does make u appreciate fine automobiles. By the way, you can tell the reviewers who never watched the movie. They were not stealing oil in the Dominican Rebuplic, that setting was in Panama. The setting is Los Angeles, Mexico and Panama. No not all spanish speaking ppl are from Dominican Republic. Anyways, this movie is fun, action Sure it isn't the best movie out there, but it does make u appreciate fine automobiles. By the way, you can tell the reviewers who never watched the movie. They were not stealing oil in the Dominican Rebuplic, that setting was in Panama. The setting is Los Angeles, Mexico and Panama. No not all spanish speaking ppl are from Dominican Republic. Anyways, this movie is fun, action packed and sure some of the stunts can't be done without seriously f****ing up ur car. That is the point, they really don't care about their rides as much as the drive. I gotta say that I expected a lil more driving. But the setting for illegal racing is usually cliche. Expand
  34. GregH
    Apr 10, 2009
    One thing I'd like to mention is that too many people that aren't fond of this genre of movie will still go to the theater, and come out disappointed. My thinking is, if fast cars, high-speed races and chases, and scantily-clad women aren't your cup of tea, then pick another movie. That said, I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, although I am very skeptical about sequels. This One thing I'd like to mention is that too many people that aren't fond of this genre of movie will still go to the theater, and come out disappointed. My thinking is, if fast cars, high-speed races and chases, and scantily-clad women aren't your cup of tea, then pick another movie. That said, I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, although I am very skeptical about sequels. This one had a number of fresh ideas, which I believe makes it a success. Expand
  35. DannyF
    Apr 10, 2009
    Since we can't give negative scores this was the only logical score i could give. The worst acting ever seen, the worst story ever. Every event turn out to be less logical than a man marruing a jellyfish. All the answer came out from nowhere. Why do Brian knew who was the culprit without anyone telling him about it?. In the church (the most ridiculous scene in the movie); Why do Since we can't give negative scores this was the only logical score i could give. The worst acting ever seen, the worst story ever. Every event turn out to be less logical than a man marruing a jellyfish. All the answer came out from nowhere. Why do Brian knew who was the culprit without anyone telling him about it?. In the church (the most ridiculous scene in the movie); Why do Brian hang a pistol when the other one was using a shootgun?. Please god, I BEG YOU, Don't ever let another F&F film be made ever again. Expand
  36. ChrisV
    Apr 7, 2009
    Well, what can i say of this film?? uhhmmm.. its just so, overdone, i mean, everything is so ridiculous, and oversold, i mean, if vin diesel wanted a fell more millions he could just robbed a bank and it could be less embaryssing than this movie, i mean, the story is flat, and the ending is like, ok, another one?? Damn...
  37. IRightfully
    Apr 6, 2009
    Weak nonsense. To be fair though, what more can you expect from a movie starring Vin Diesel? I admit I am slightly worried for Lopez, if this is to be considered art, what has become of modern cinema? It's alright though, because while this may provide a few laughs and some entertainment, it is certainly not art.
  38. R.Lopez
    Apr 6, 2009
    Over zealous? No. An amazing piece of art? Most definitely. Fast & Furious picks up not too long after the first film, The fast and the furious( Which I can say is nothing compared to this.) This film brings everybody back together for another high-octane, sweat inducing ride. This film, like the other involves a multitude of different emotion's. Anger, frustration, deception, love Over zealous? No. An amazing piece of art? Most definitely. Fast & Furious picks up not too long after the first film, The fast and the furious( Which I can say is nothing compared to this.) This film brings everybody back together for another high-octane, sweat inducing ride. This film, like the other involves a multitude of different emotion's. Anger, frustration, deception, love and friendship. But the fourth installment of the Fast and the Furious series takes a more dramatic and plot driven approach than the other films. The other films relied on hot women and hot cars to get the job done, this one on the other hand doesn't, it use a more focus on it's plot and story rather than the style and the action( albeit there is ALLOT in this movie.) But the film it self is very well done and well acted too(Paul Walker did much better here than the first two.) Also this installment brings back Justin Lin as the director( He directed Tokyo drift.) this is his second outing, and may I say his finest directing yet, Lin brings his own personal style to the film, he puts a intricate plot and mixes it with heart-stopping action ( unlike Cohen he relies on action, not plot or story) that's why this film has broken the record of it's predecessor's for biggest opening weekend. Fast and furious brings this series to a whole new level, and has gone form a likable action film to an amazing action drama that you won't forget, this movie is just like the title say's, Fast and Furious. Expand
  39. kgm
    Apr 6, 2009
    The first scene sets the tone for this inane, over-the-top, pure nonsense. The crew is in the Dominican Republic trying to hijack an oil tanker. Come on now, it
  40. AlbertoN
    Apr 6, 2009
    Plent of action hot babes and sweet cars. What more could the average movie goer ask for. I hate critics when they review things so dont go by what they say. It is a good sequel to the first movie not as good but as good as it could have been peace.
  41. ChrisC
    Apr 6, 2009
    I like this movie franchise because they make no bones about what you're going to get. They don't try to lure new fans in with misleading trailers or gimmicky guest appearances. If you want scantily clad women, fast cars, and non-stop action executed almost to the point of absurdity, then this movie is for you. If you wanted well developed story lines and characters, and a I like this movie franchise because they make no bones about what you're going to get. They don't try to lure new fans in with misleading trailers or gimmicky guest appearances. If you want scantily clad women, fast cars, and non-stop action executed almost to the point of absurdity, then this movie is for you. If you wanted well developed story lines and characters, and a highly talented acting cast, then you already know not to buy a ticket. This quality in a film is not to be overlooked. Expand
  42. tomr
    Apr 5, 2009
    Not bad at all, lots of great cars, girls and action. All the actors come together to make this a very injoyable night at the movies. Once again the critics show how out of touch they are with the rest of us, kind of like politicians.
  43. SomeGuy
    Apr 4, 2009
    This movie was intense, it provided a lot of action combined with drama and, what everyone loves, illegal parts and racing. It will surely blow anyone away
  44. JonathonL
    Apr 4, 2009
    This is the best movie in the Fast and The Furious Series. It is truly edge-of-your-seat action! A must see for car fans, movie fans, or just the average person.
  45. JeffK
    Apr 4, 2009
    Basically if you like mindless action involving cars, movies that have scenes that either make you laugh when they aren't supposed to, hot chicks, or are looking for a decent summer flick to get out of the house for, it's worth it. Just don't expect anything too serious. I like it.
  46. jamesM
    Apr 4, 2009
    This movie was very good the movie had great actor's I wanted to see some of the races like more than one and sexy women.The movie was awesome so if you think you might see it I definitely recommended it.
  47. ChadS.
    Apr 3, 2009
    Oh, great. Not only is Dominic Toretto(Vin Diesel) fast and furious, now he's smart, too. At a crash site, the fugitive of the law recreates a potential crime scene with all the authority of Steven Seagal collecting water samples for the Environmental Protection Agency in Felix Enriquez Alcala's "Fire Down Below". Dominic studies the tread marks, digs into the broken gravel with Oh, great. Not only is Dominic Toretto(Vin Diesel) fast and furious, now he's smart, too. At a crash site, the fugitive of the law recreates a potential crime scene with all the authority of Steven Seagal collecting water samples for the Environmental Protection Agency in Felix Enriquez Alcala's "Fire Down Below". Dominic studies the tread marks, digs into the broken gravel with his index finger, and he knows. He knows! It's-s-s...mur-r-r-der... When Dominic isn't busy being smart, or haunted by the ramifications of his investigative detective work, he kills the pain by doing what he does best, driving fast cars with a furious essentiality. In an organized race through urban roadways jammed with other cars, "Fast and Furious" is at its most ridiculous when Dominic and the other "Fast and the Furious" alumnist Brian O'Conner(Paul Walker), a cop, no less, weave in and out of traffic at high speeds with two more racers, seemingly oblivious to the fact that there's people behind those wheels. This car race scene has such a video game mentality, it exists outside of the film, superceding your garden variety spectacles in other action films, because the good guys(Dominic and Brian) never acknowledge the potential loss of life that ensues after a collision. During the race, they stop being people. They're ciphers in a video game. Quite pointedly, we never see the P.O.V. of the innocent motorists as the racers whizz pass their windows. We're not supposed to, since Dominic and Brian drive as if the other vehicles are automatic machines. Expand
  48. MichelleS
    Apr 3, 2009
    This movie was amazing. This is what 2 Fast 2 Furious should have been! This is a great follow up to the FIRST movie, forget the other 2 in between. Everything about this movie was good... the cast, acting, story, racing, action, love story... it was even humorous. I haven't seen an "action" movie this good in a LONG time. If you liked the first movie in the series, you most This movie was amazing. This is what 2 Fast 2 Furious should have been! This is a great follow up to the FIRST movie, forget the other 2 in between. Everything about this movie was good... the cast, acting, story, racing, action, love story... it was even humorous. I haven't seen an "action" movie this good in a LONG time. If you liked the first movie in the series, you most certainly need to see this. Don't write it off because 2 and 3 were not that good, this one makes up for both of those! And girls... watching Paul Walker and Vin Diesel kick butt...it doesn't get any better than that! Expand
  49. DeadlyCyclone
    Apr 3, 2009
    This movie is what the first three should have been. The plot is solid for once and the stunts semi-realistic. It proves that the original combo of Diesel and Walker cannot be beat in the series. If you like action movies with fast cars and hot women don't listen to these "official" reviews, this is one solid movie.
  50. JordanK
    Apr 3, 2009
    Saw this movie opening night at 12:00 with a couple friends not really expecting much because its the fourth film in the series. I just wanted to see sexy cars, sexy women, and fast races. I was actually surprised with how much plot was in this movie and there seemed to be more importance focused on the story. The acting was better than any of the other 3. If you were a fan of any of the Saw this movie opening night at 12:00 with a couple friends not really expecting much because its the fourth film in the series. I just wanted to see sexy cars, sexy women, and fast races. I was actually surprised with how much plot was in this movie and there seemed to be more importance focused on the story. The acting was better than any of the other 3. If you were a fan of any of the other movies, I would suggest seeing this one definitely. Expand

1. It offers an attractive getaway route from self-importance, snark, and chatty comedies about male bonding. Here, stick shifts do the talking.
  2. Reviewed by: Nicolas Rapold
    Fast & Furious reconfirms that car-chase movies--good, bad, or mediocre--all assume the future employment of the quaint old fast-forward button.
    I admire the craft involved, but the movie leaves me profoundly indifferent. After three earlier movies in the series, which have been transmuted into video games, why do we need a fourth one? Oh. I just answered my own question.