6.6

1. Dec 15, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Uh, the car was cool? I think that they may have taken 3 unfinished screenplays and shuffled them into a single script to create this movie. I like a dumb action movie and will put up with a lot for some cool action sequences but there were entire subplots here that could have been removed without anyone in the audience knowing the difference. Yoga-conquering/web-entrepreneur/newlywed/retiring assassin character-- I'm looking in your direction... Expand
  2. Feb 19, 2011
    faster is starring dwayne johnson.. he is really muscular macho man. the story is weak. the screenplay is ok. direction is a failure. editing is sharp. prodcution values are wasted. just a shoot out with 4-5 gun fires and 2-3 stabbings. dull flick with some hunch dialogs. forget the movie. its very weak.
  3. Feb 19, 2011
    It's not terrible, but it's all been done before. The movie starts out promising, but becomes overly convoluted by the end. I also still can't figure out what the point was of the extra story line with the millionaire hit man other than to fill up screen time. A few cool scenes, but not really worth your time.
  4. Dec 15, 2010
    This is easily the worst film I've seen all year. None of the characters are interesting. The performances are all poor, save for the female cop who is decent at best. The plot is basic and uninteresting. The action and driving sequences are nonexistent. This is NOT an action movie, let me clear that up now. It's a boring thriller and a lousy drama. Another thing that bugged me is that this film tests your suspension of disbelief to its limits. I'm all for suspension of disbelief, but this film has scenes where you say "No way in hell could that possibly happen", and this lack of adherence to the laws of the universe comes across as just plain lazy.

All in all, this movie plain sucked.
  5. Jun 29, 2014
    This movie sucks. Totally unlikeable characters, poor story, terrible soundtrack, and most unrealistic scenes. The script too is really terrible. There are much better movies than this.

1. Reviewed by: Ty Burr
    Dec 13, 2010
    Faster is meat-and-potatoes action with a side of crazy.
  2. Reviewed by: Steve Ramos
    Dec 13, 2010
    Watching Driver peel rubber proves B grade action movies are a welcome diversion in the era of CGI blockbusters. If only Faster didn't fizzle each time Johnson put down his gun.
  3. Reviewed by: Ignatiy Vishnevetsky
    Dec 13, 2010
    The film never outshines its influences, but as back-to-basics action filmmaking, it's often superb.