6.2

1. PatM.
    Jan 7, 2005
    This movie brought back child hood memories, and it will leave child hood memories to my little girl. Great movie.
  2. CosbyFan
    Jan 1, 2005
    Loved it, I laughed, I cried. Very Cosby-ish.
  3. FinesseH.
    Jan 1, 2005
    I admit, it could have been better. You have to look at the fact that it is directed towards children, as well as adults in its attempt to bring back a legendary cartoon. If you were never into Fat Albert in the 70's then the movie wouldn't have appealed to you much anyway. I think it's a good way to re-introduce Fat Albert and gain the interest of a new generation, which I I admit, it could have been better. You have to look at the fact that it is directed towards children, as well as adults in its attempt to bring back a legendary cartoon. If you were never into Fat Albert in the 70's then the movie wouldn't have appealed to you much anyway. I think it's a good way to re-introduce Fat Albert and gain the interest of a new generation, which I think was Bill Cosby's main goal. The critics may not like it, but I haven't heard one negative review from people that watched the movie yet. If it had John Travolta or Tom Hanks in it then it would have been excellent, otherwise a movie like this has no chance. Expand
  4. RonA.
    Jan 29, 2005
    Now really. I'm older, and consider myself rather cynical, but I can apreciate and enjoy kids films, as they are often disarmingly funny or charming. This was certainly neither. You'd think a movie about 70's cartoon would at least be partly funny, or have something that made you smile. I found hardly anything, a few parts came close, but overall just terrible. Truly my Now really. I'm older, and consider myself rather cynical, but I can apreciate and enjoy kids films, as they are often disarmingly funny or charming. This was certainly neither. You'd think a movie about 70's cartoon would at least be partly funny, or have something that made you smile. I found hardly anything, a few parts came close, but overall just terrible. Truly my friend and I could not actually believe we were sitting in the theater watching this movie, with animation that makes the camp classic "Twas The Night Before Christmas" seem like lovingly crafted artwork, and a "real life" plot so banal one would wish it was being sarcastic, yet it isn't. Truly the only thing I enjoyed in the movie was Omarion. He's not a good actor by an stretch, but his over-the-top performance as the sleezy jock who'll do anything to make Albert look bad (and, whaddaya know, he fails!) certainly made me at least grin at times. The rest of the movie was crap though. Expand
  5. StaceyC
    Jan 4, 2005
    I thought this movie was very sweet, and very funny...the characters of Fat Albert and the Cosby kids were so interesting to see, and their postive attitudes were refreshing.
  6. LaurenW.
    Jan 8, 2005
    Made me cry it that good sweet movie.
  7. BeccaF
    Dec 28, 2004
    so this guys fat. why make a whole movie about it?
  8. kaye
    Jan 7, 2005
    This movie is boring and contains scantily clad.
  9. MichaelM
    Jan 8, 2005
    The first half was funny. The last half a little slow, but still fun. It was like Saturday morning when I was growing up!
  10. JoeH
    Jan 9, 2005
    Anyone who knows and enjoyed the original characters will enjoy this movie. while the characters aren't equal to the originals, the great effort shines through. It's hard to imitate such colorful cartoon characters, but this movie is a blast. I didn't want to see it, however I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's really better than the critics say. a fun fun movie. ...
  11. ChadS.
    Feb 6, 2005
    "Fat Albert" borrows freely from "The Purple Rose of Cairo" and "Pleasentville", but such potential narrative sophistication is negated by pedestrian-level dialogue and lowest common denominator plotting. The filmmakers couldn't think of anything more interesting than to send the kids to a block party and the mall. Intentional or not, when the young girl explains to her older sister "Fat Albert" borrows freely from "The Purple Rose of Cairo" and "Pleasentville", but such potential narrative sophistication is negated by pedestrian-level dialogue and lowest common denominator plotting. The filmmakers couldn't think of anything more interesting than to send the kids to a block party and the mall. Intentional or not, when the young girl explains to her older sister that Fat Albert can't eat, you can't help but think of Joan Allen in the Gary Ross film, which would've allowed Albert to stay in the real world, if the double entendre was acknowledged and performed. But the film's real problem is that we're not sure about the rules of the movie's universe. A few kids recognize that they're cartoons-come-to-life, but most of them act as if they're real people. Expand
  12. OliverK.
    Dec 21, 2004
    Given a choice of a hammer to the head, drinking molten lead, or watching this film, I'd take the hammer AND the lead. The film is a psychic vampire, sucking the intelligence from anyone fool enough to watch it.
  13. EricM.
    Dec 21, 2004
    Dull. Awkward. Unfunny. Unredeeming.
  14. PoretP.
    Dec 22, 2004
    Super funny well ploted and well worth the cash.
  15. BillR.
    Dec 26, 2004
    Slow pacing almost kills this movie, but it is a touching story if you can suspend your disbelief.
  16. CurtM.
    Dec 26, 2004
    This movie was amazing. It had me smilling or laughing the whole time. The parts that weren't funny, I was still happy. It's just a wonderful movie.
    Dec 31, 2004
    IT WAS THE BOMB
  18. CynthiaG.
    Jan 11, 2005
    It was funny and cute in a sense that it was her grandfather and his friends based on the characters for the Fat Albert show.
  19. JoeB.
    Feb 16, 2005
    This movie is stupid. it is not interesting or entertaining at all it is a disgrace to the movie company just hearing the words fat albert make me want to blow chunks at you.
  20. JonI.
    Feb 22, 2005
    I loved this movie ya'all who r making up crap about it r crazy i can't wait till it comes out so i can purchase it and put it on my fat albert wall in my house!
  21. kayliet.
    Apr 22, 2005
    It was an awesome movie!!!
  22. Dec 29, 2015
    Like Garfield, Fat Albert deserved much better. Good thing he's not that close to the negatives, but he's way far enough from becoming to the positives.
  23. Feb 19, 2016
    Fat Albert and Cosby Kids cartoon is better then this movie.

Why bother making this movie?

I watch the cartoon when I was young.

Bill Cosby should say "No" on this movie.

This was bad idea.

1. Seems a little lightweight, even for a kids' movie.
  2. An awkward blend of live action and animation.
  3. Reviewed by: Ed Park
    The animated scenes conjure aromas of the stilted "Clifford," and the overall approach is to throw preordained movie sequences (rap number, shopping spree) together and hope for the best.