7.0

1. CharleyD.
    Nov 13, 2007
    Love love loved it. The immaturity in direction complements the style of the film and it's themes. For such a young director, Ash Christian is someone to watch out for, or at least John Waters and Gus Van Sant need to harness this kid. This was a perfect surprise from the new generation of filmmakers. It can't be compared to the films of all time, but more so among the films of Love love loved it. The immaturity in direction complements the style of the film and it's themes. For such a young director, Ash Christian is someone to watch out for, or at least John Waters and Gus Van Sant need to harness this kid. This was a perfect surprise from the new generation of filmmakers. It can't be compared to the films of all time, but more so among the films of its style. Brave and bold. Expand
  2. GeorgeN.
    Mar 4, 2008
    What a waste of time. I can't believe someone would focus on this.
  3. PolitoM.
    Nov 4, 2007
    I really was surprised. It was acidic, nasty and hilariously dark. This film was a low budget bravado. Seriously, I was at the quad and thought I was going to laugh at a film instead I laughed with it. Nice job. I hear that filmmakers with access to Final Cut and inexpensive HD camera are spawning, and here is the beginning of the new world of films. What a riot!
  4. JayH.
    Dec 29, 2008
    Low budget but a good screenplay and well developed characters make up for it. Funny and touching, sincere performances. Believably and amusingly told.
  5. TaddyM.
    Nov 19, 2007
    Love love loved it! What a laugh-riot. For it's clearly home-grown look it's really stylish and risky for a low budget film. Thoroughly enjoyable.

1. Reviewed by: Dennis Harvey
    Wins no points for delicacy. Still, it does score some laughs.
  2. Reviewed by: Abigail Deutsch
    This film goes to some lengths not to be another high-school movie, which means prom stinks and no one can sing. Given Fat Girls' honesty, and its delicately drawn examples of social hopelessness, the sudden, sugary, puzzling finale feels out of character. It's as though the film forgot how to talk to us.
    In the words of his own character, this young filmmaker hasn't found his "inner fat girl."