7.6

1. Jose
    May 17, 2006
    Can I give it a negative score? The worst movie that I almost saw. The only movie that I've ever seen that I could not finish watching.
  2. Jun 7, 2012
    Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is a total mess. During the 95% of the movie, it uses all the most obvious ways to show hallucinations, trying to hide the lack of ideas and good screenplay. This is the worst Terry Gilliam's production - pointless, disgusting and incredibly stupid. And even Benicio del Toro is not able to help it.
  3. AnthonyS
    Aug 5, 2008
    This movie is downright awful. You can sit down for two hours,which feels more like two years and wonder what the point of this is?There is no wit,no fresh views. Most stunning is that these characters should have been dead about two minutes into the film as the mix of alcohol and drugs surely would have killed them. Finally this movie is all hype.....yet is one of the worst films This movie is downright awful. You can sit down for two hours,which feels more like two years and wonder what the point of this is?There is no wit,no fresh views. Most stunning is that these characters should have been dead about two minutes into the film as the mix of alcohol and drugs surely would have killed them. Finally this movie is all hype.....yet is one of the worst films I've ever watched. Expand
  4. PatC.
    May 5, 2004
    Initially quite interesting, but like drug use in general it becomes tedious and just kinda trails off into nowhere.
  5. GaborA.
    Oct 16, 2004
    After years and years of trying. Movies after movies in the likes of 12 Monkeys and Brazil. Terry Gilliam finally does it. Top five worst movies of all time for fear and loathing. Congrajulations. And this one his his worst yet by far. How the man responsible for the Monty Python movies is responsible for this mind bogglingly terrible movie in a series of shit is unphathomable. This movie After years and years of trying. Movies after movies in the likes of 12 Monkeys and Brazil. Terry Gilliam finally does it. Top five worst movies of all time for fear and loathing. Congrajulations. And this one his his worst yet by far. How the man responsible for the Monty Python movies is responsible for this mind bogglingly terrible movie in a series of shit is unphathomable. This movie needs to come with a warning: Not to be enjoyed by anyone not actively ODing or capable of tying their shoes. Expand
  6. Cam
    Apr 27, 2005
    Worst movie ever made.
  7. MarkB.
    Jun 21, 2005
    The fact the someone who can't spell "marvelous" gave this a 10 epitomizes the kind of people who recommend this trash. If you like quality movies you will hate it; if you like to laugh more than once during a flick you will hate it.
  8. JonathanQuimby
    Oct 21, 2006
    A classic to those who were to stoned to realize they were watching a movie. A favorite to teenagers who saw the twisted cover art and decided to stop there. Brought Thompson's work to a new generation of "fans" who spell genius with an O.
  9. Jan 3, 2015
    The single half-star comes from Johnny Depp being in the movie. That's it. Without him, I wouldn't have watched this to the end. Not my type of movie, at all. I didn't find a proper plot, and the hazy, drugged images were so annoying... Oh, well, perhaps I should watch this again, just to be sure I got it right the first time ;)

1. Reviewed by: David Sterritt
    Gilliam's visual style has never been more energetic or inventive, and nobody could be attracted to dope after this portrait of drug abuse as a hallucinatory quagmire.
  2. The movie is a true folly, yet there's no denying that Gilliam has gotten some of the hallucinogenic madness of Thompson's novel on screen.
  3. Reviewed by: Ron Wells
    Does for psychedelics what "Boogie Nights" does for cocaine; displaying in graphical detail the ultimate failure of drugs as an escape route.