2.9

1. Mar 2, 2015
    This movie is dreadful on every level. Mark has been in a few exciting movies like the italian job remake in 2003. However most of the movies he has been in are below average. This movie has a ridiculous plot and
    it is easily one of the movies you should avoid seeing. Sitting through this movie will torment your mind.
  2. Sep 13, 2014
    Verdict: Love is a Thriller

Verdict: Love is a Thriller

Story: When teenagers fall in love we all know that nothing much will come of it when one part turns into a bit of a psycho. We do get to see the highs of the relationship and how in love the couple are, but we also see the dark side once they start to break up. We see how one man snaps once he can’t get what he wants and will go to great lengths in his mind games against the family before things get out of hand. It turns from a dull school girl romance into a home invasion psychological thriller. (7/10)

Actor Review

Mark Wahlberg: David the charmer with a dark side because when love takes over he will stop at nothing to get his girl, disposing of whoever gets in his way. Good performance here showing his darker side and range early on in his career. (8/10)

mark

Reese Witherspoon: Nicole the sweet sixteen year old who falls for bad boy David, not noticing that he could have a darker side and wonders why he gets mad when she just stops seeing him, very naïve young girl. Good performance from Reese showing she was going onto bigger and better things. (7/10)

reese

William Petersen: Steve the architect father of Nicole who becomes suspicious of David early on but gets drawn into his mind games. Good protective father performance showing he always had the authority role down to a tee. (7/10)

petersen

Director Review: James Foley – Good direction mixing genres as the film unfolds. (7/10)

Thriller: Once the slow romantic story first finishes the thrills really start. (8/10)

Settings: Some good isolated locations leaving the family trapped while the invasion happens. (7/10)

Suggestion: This is one to try, fans of the actors should go back and see their early work and it is a solid thriller. (Try)

Best Part: Wahlberg is frightening in the lead villain.

Worst Part: Slow starting.

Kill Of The Film: School friend.

Scariest Scene: The dog scene.

Believability: People can become that obsessed but I think this is a bit too far. (3/10)

Chances of Tears: No (0/10)

Chances of Sequel: No

Post Credits Scene: No

Oscar Chances: No

Box Office: $21 Million

Runtime: 1 Hour 35 Minutes

Tagline: He’s dying to date you

Overall: Solid Thriller About A Lost Love

1. Despite a few scattered moments of visceral excitement, the only thing truly frightening about the oh-so-ominously titled Fear is how so many talented people came to be involved in so inane a project.
  2. Foley has a fine sense of shading in depicting a slightly dysfunctional family. The problem with this subgenre is the way it has to demonize and dehumanize its villains in order to produce the desired effect, which brutalizes the spectator along with the story and characters. If you can accept this limitation, this is a very efficient piece of machinery.
  3. Reviewed by: Bob McCabe
    Fear, a sort of pubescent Fatal Attraction, is derivative and often risible, in the competent hands of Foley it's also highly enjoyable.