FeardotCom

3.8

1. Aug 4, 2015
    It's a bad sign when the highlight of your movie is when the stream starts buffering. I don't think I've seen a movie this lame since One Missed Call. FeardotCom follows two detectives, Mike and Terry, who investigate a series of murders that all link back to the awkwardly named feardotcom.com. If you visit the site, you die in 48 hours unless you can solve its mystery. Sound familiar?It's a bad sign when the highlight of your movie is when the stream starts buffering. I don't think I've seen a movie this lame since One Missed Call. FeardotCom follows two detectives, Mike and Terry, who investigate a series of murders that all link back to the awkwardly named feardotcom.com. If you visit the site, you die in 48 hours unless you can solve its mystery. Sound familiar? This movie is a complete rip-off of The Ring, except this has a two day time limit instead of a week, and it's a haunted website instead of a videotape. The "big reveal" at the end is incredibly similar to the one in The Ring, which makes this a very predictable thriller. Somehow, despite the fact that this "thriller" has so many inconsistent and just plain stupid twists, it managed to still bore me to tears. Everything about FeardotCom is so pathetic and lazy, from the laughable writing to the mediocre acting, that there just isn't anything to enjoy about this almost infuriatingly insipid film. Expand
  2. Jan 14, 2012
    This movie was extremely boring and senseless there isn't nothing positive about this movie. The movie begins confusing and then you realize that it has a mindless plot.
  3. AdrianT.
    Feb 16, 2003
    I rate Fear Dot Com A 10 because of the nudity especially that women who that man kept video caming her.
  4. YogelS.
    Oct 2, 2002
    Sucked harsh.
  5. BernieM.
    Aug 30, 2002
    There is absolutely no point in seeing this movie. I've seen scarier Kodak commercials.
  6. KatalinaL.
    Jan 4, 2003
    This was by far the grossest movie I have ever seen with the torture scenes. The story was THE WORST EVER!
  7. Marcisrightgoddammit
    Oct 9, 2003
    I think the term style over substance was invented for Feardot.com. it's so called plot was so converluted by 35 mins into the film i just wished that someone had given the film a virus. Awful (belive it or not it was worse than the directors other flick House on Haunted Hill)
  8. TaraP.
    Jul 8, 2003
    I think Fear Dot Com was a rather interesting movie, kept me in shock the whole time.
  9. Emerys
    Sep 7, 2003
    PAIN. That describes this movie. I rented it a while back - I'm a horror movie buff, and a goth, thank you, and it STILL sucked. Every director seems to think that gore and tits is enough to really scare people. You have to have at least some semblence of continuous plot, even if that ends up being mainly bad plot. This was confusing, unresolved, with angst and love thrown in at the PAIN. That describes this movie. I rented it a while back - I'm a horror movie buff, and a goth, thank you, and it STILL sucked. Every director seems to think that gore and tits is enough to really scare people. You have to have at least some semblence of continuous plot, even if that ends up being mainly bad plot. This was confusing, unresolved, with angst and love thrown in at the end to try and make it a "boo hoo, poor girl" thing. A very few parts of it had good camera effects... but the rest was awful. And just for the record, if anyone goes alone to an abandoned studio after getting an offer from a crazy "director" to act... Well. Cleansing the gene pool. Collapse
  10. HaraldG.
    Sep 12, 2002
    Super!
  11. NeilH.
    Sep 28, 2002
    Was there someone in the cinema with a high powered flash or was it just faulty electronics in the theatre. i mean why for god sakes cant people make a decent horor movie without flashing unsitefull images at viewers, and aren't subliminal images illegal? you tell me.
  12. CarstenK.
    Jul 3, 2003
    it was a sneak preview and we left after an hour. next time i burn my money instead of watching such s**t.
  13. ArneK.
    Jul 4, 2003
    Horrible.
  14. LewisC.
    Aug 6, 2004
    This movie sucks balls, I too rented it a while back and christ I was pissed with the end result, yeah some parts looked ok but this doesn't save it at all...doesn't surprise me 13yr olds like when their parents are out but to be honest, people who really enjoy a well directed/produced cult horror should steer so clear of this pile of crap!
  15. MattM.
    Oct 8, 2002
    A dark, stylish horror film marred by a ridiculous ending and even more ridiculous casting. Scary at times with incredibly inventive visuals, but lacking in substantial scares. A mediocre thriller, nothing more.
  16. K.T.
    Aug 30, 2002
    This movie had amazing visuals and powerful scares. This is not a movie for everyone, but it was really good for horror fans. I found myself staring at the screen with my jaw dropped throughout the movie. It is not a movie of strong plot and Oscar winning acting, but it was a fun plot and had a terrifying atmosphere.
  17. AppleH.
    Sep 10, 2002
    Walked out of the theater with a bag over my head. It seemed as if both the actors and myself did not want to be recognized in this bad turkey. Avoid at all costs.
  18. SumerB.
    May 8, 2003
    This was the worst movie that i have ever seen in my entire life. It was the only movie that I have ever wanted to get up and walk out of the theatre. I dont get scared easily and that movie wasnt just bad it was HORRIBLE. Whoever directed that movie had an extremely STRONG stomach and a SICK mind. NO offense to the director or anything but that was the worst movie ever created. It should This was the worst movie that i have ever seen in my entire life. It was the only movie that I have ever wanted to get up and walk out of the theatre. I dont get scared easily and that movie wasnt just bad it was HORRIBLE. Whoever directed that movie had an extremely STRONG stomach and a SICK mind. NO offense to the director or anything but that was the worst movie ever created. It should not be sold in stores. Expand
  19. JessT.
    Sep 14, 2003
    This movie was great I think. If really sdcared me I think you should come out with feardotcom2. I really liked the actors. I enjoyed watching it and I had trouble sleeping but I liked to be scared. What ever the others say forget them I loved it because it had a very good plot to it and it was really scary. I am 13 years old and I know I'm under age to be seeibg it but it was great.
  20. BenW.
    Sep 6, 2003
    ARRRRRRRRRRGH! this movie was unbearable, i feel sick for spending even 3 dollars renting this. this movie SO wishes it was "the ring" and it doesn't even come CLOSE. i feel so disgusted after watching this i had to sit in the shower for half an hour.
  21. KeenanS
    Jun 15, 2009
    Despite what people had to say about it, I really enjoyed this horror flick. I liked the creepy special effects and strange imagery. The actors weren't too shabby and the music was rather enjoyable. It may not have a mind-blowing plot, but I was kept interested throughout the film. Despite the negativity, I still really liked it.
  22. JulieK.
    Nov 28, 2004
    Keep yourself interested by creating a mental list of all the good movies that this one shamelessly rips off, yet still manages to suck.
  23. EmL.
    Nov 26, 2002
    With the wonderful output of fear.com, I was on the edge of my seat with the wonders of what was to happen next. Through it all, it was not disappointin. I only distasted the nudity scenes. Too much. Other than that.. Fantastic.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 20 Critics

The film, whose clumsy editing and dearth of establishing shots keep the viewer in an unintended state of confusion, is a corpse in its own right: It’s filled with the rotting ideas of far better movies.
    Strange, how good feardotcom is, and how bad. The screenplay is a mess, and yet the visuals are so creative this is one of the rare bad films you might actually want to see.
  3. The story is a mess, some of the images offensive, the acting under par and the dialogue silly.