Weinstein Company, The | Release Date: September 22, 2006
7.2
Generally favorable reviews based on 40 Ratings
WATCH NOW
Meth-dudeJan 3, 2015
This is not an ordinary horror film.There is a lot of gore and the characters are all stereotypical but we don't know which one will die and which one will survive.
juliankennedy23Jul 28, 2014
Feast: 10 out of 10: Wow this is the way B-movie horror should be done. The fact it came out of that self important coming of age auteur factory Project Greenlight is even more of a miracle.

First of all the movie has an undeniable cool

First of all the movie has an undeniable cool factor about it. Henry Rollins as a second rate Tony Robbins, a Jason Mewes joke, and a truly funny self referential anyone can and will die at anytime vibe all in the first ten minutes sets the table for a cool fun ride.

The movie involves people inside a bar and monsters outside trying to get in. Nothing more. It turns into a surprisingly action packed film for what is basically a one set Rio Bravo remake. Like Shaun of the Dead (Another better than anyone could of hoped horror comedy) the characters make the difference.

There is plenty of cannon fodder (Introduced in an almost to long for its own good style of captions rating the various bar patrons survivability) and eye candy and best of all a surprising amount of x-rated violence. (There isn't a body fluid not featured in the movie. Finally an unrated cut that is truly unrated and not just an "R" with some deleted exposition scenes.)

The movie wisely never explains what the monsters are or how they got there. It concentrates on the real time survival of the bar patrons. Did I mention that anyone can die at anytime? Even your best horror movie watching radar will be put to the test as you try to figure out who among the rabble are the prerequisite hero and heroine.

Plenty of fun and action and style cover any of the rough spots. Simply a great B movie.
MovieGoer14Jul 26, 2013
Feast is enjoyable, but dumb horror film that will absolutely blow you away with its ultra-gory practical effects and its intense action sequences. It is a well-done production, which is obvious because the Executive Producers are Matt Damon,Feast is enjoyable, but dumb horror film that will absolutely blow you away with its ultra-gory practical effects and its intense action sequences. It is a well-done production, which is obvious because the Executive Producers are Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Wes Craven and Chris Moore. It is a throw back to the 70's horror slasher films and it is funny as hell, scary and entertaining. With twists, chills and thrills that are shockingly good and entertaining. Expand
AnujP.Sep 16, 2007
Not a horror movie, more of a thriller. Very predictable story. acts of monster not highlighted properly, and monster not up to the mark Anyways worth watching once.
PsychoT.Apr 25, 2007
What a fantastic gore fest! Can't wait for 2 and 3!
RirenJan 9, 2007
Feast is a cynically funny, self-aware horror film made for horror fans. From the opening scene on it plays on horror stereotypes and cliches for the effects of humor and unpredictability in the plot - and to mixed results with both ends. Feast is a cynically funny, self-aware horror film made for horror fans. From the opening scene on it plays on horror stereotypes and cliches for the effects of humor and unpredictability in the plot - and to mixed results with both ends. Because of its approach it achieves a kind of charm that excuses most of its shortcomings. Expand
ChrisM.Dec 16, 2006
I would have given a higher mark,to this movie but the creature's orgins were never explained. Also they are not seen very clearly. I did think the monsters making out was pretty original! Points for that.
shawnp.Dec 2, 2006
This is one of my favorite horror flicks of 2006(evan though its the same movie as Tales From the Crypt Demon Night) I laughed a lot and did not know who would survive til the end. Defintly crushes most the mainstream horror crap out there. This is one of my favorite horror flicks of 2006(evan though its the same movie as Tales From the Crypt Demon Night) I laughed a lot and did not know who would survive til the end. Defintly crushes most the mainstream horror crap out there. Last good horror flick before this; Devils Rejects. Expand
EliC.Nov 30, 2006
A well produced gore film. If you like this sort of thing (and I don't) you will see a quality production here. '8' for quality. '3' for the rest of us.
JeffCOct 18, 2006
As far as recent horror flicks go, this is one of the more entertaining. It is by no means a masterpiece, but it doesn't suck either. I think Gulager's camera work was inspiring, and his direction makes this film a success despite As far as recent horror flicks go, this is one of the more entertaining. It is by no means a masterpiece, but it doesn't suck either. I think Gulager's camera work was inspiring, and his direction makes this film a success despite a dogged genre. Expand
ChrisA.Oct 3, 2006
I actually enjoyed this movie, but by no means was it a great movie. It was at least entertaining and it had a cameo with Jason Mewes, albeit a very minimal cameo. It was kind of funny, but the reason it wasn't a total bore is because I actually enjoyed this movie, but by no means was it a great movie. It was at least entertaining and it had a cameo with Jason Mewes, albeit a very minimal cameo. It was kind of funny, but the reason it wasn't a total bore is because it was just a mindless gore flick. Fun to just see people getting eaten by these monsters. Expand