Felon

8.0

1. MikeV.
    Oct 4, 2008
    This movie portrays the brutal realities of prison life, alongside the truth that not ALL cons are animals in an amazingly compacted time frame of movie length. Maybe the critics who gave it less than stellar reviews should be forced to spend 90 days in the nearest max prison to see the beauty of it!
  2. DanC.
    Jul 18, 2008
    A totally powerful film! I can't stop thinking about this movie.
  3. JayH.
    Aug 6, 2008
    Not bad, but I knew in the first scene when I felt he should have been arrested, that I was not on the same wavelength with the film's crew. From there, it is just another prison melodrama, but it is well done. The acting was good.
  4. George
    Aug 9, 2008
    Cliched and predictable, if well-acted.
  5. KG
    Oct 11, 2008
    Very underrated movie. Val Kilmer's performance was astounding. Great plot which wraps up in the end perfectly.
  6. BrookP.
    Nov 19, 2008
    As usual the critics have missed the opportunity to do their job and report favourably on what is an amazing movie and one of the best I have seen in a long time. Felon is fantastic from beginning to end and does more than justice to the doco film style they use. You are transported to a nightmare that feels so real and emotive you may as well be in a prison for 2 hours. Great characters, As usual the critics have missed the opportunity to do their job and report favourably on what is an amazing movie and one of the best I have seen in a long time. Felon is fantastic from beginning to end and does more than justice to the doco film style they use. You are transported to a nightmare that feels so real and emotive you may as well be in a prison for 2 hours. Great characters, great story, great directing. I would highly recomend this movie to anyone who loves quality film making. Brilliant! Collapse
  7. JasonfromBrighton
    Jul 27, 2008
    WOW the movie was Brilliant!! Dorff, Kilmer and Perrineau great performances. Tense and moving.
  8. KaitlynH.
    Aug 12, 2008
    I *loved* this movie sooooo much! i thought it was very well directed with amazing actors with such a gripping plot line, this movie made me happy and it made me cry. it made me think twice about how quickly life can change. it was simply amazing and it is now my new favorite movie!
  9. JustinA.
    Sep 25, 2008
    Absolutely the best prison drama ever made. The acting was outstanding. This was a movie that makes you realize how crooked some prisons are. I am going to buy this movie now. Although the critics may make this seem like just an average movie, almost any action/drama fan can enjoy Felon.
  10. LouisP.
    Apr 19, 2009
    this is an excitent movie, its something that we can all relate too,not going to prison,but the fact of anger and pain, all caused by love, this movie really made me think,how a normal person can be at the wrong place, at the wrong time, and the whole perspective on things can change,family really is forever
  11. MarkoM.
    Jul 16, 2008
    The movie finds a spot in the heart, sort to say. Its worth watching. 9-*
  12. AJF
    Jul 27, 2008
    Great performance by Kilmer. Really enjoyed this movie.
  13. FredG
    Oct 17, 2009
    Very entertaining. Val Kilmer played his role to perfection.
  14. Aug 13, 2010
    Felon surprise me a lot when I first saw it. The movie had a limited release and then it went direct to DVD. It plays a strong message about prison life and it's not a pretty picture.

Stephen Dorff plays ordinary Wade Porter a working class man with a beautiful wife and son. He receives good news about future plans with his business. He has the perfect life until one night an intruder enters his home to rob. His first mistake was to chase after him outside of the house. He accidentally hits him in the back of the head with a baseball bat thinking he had a gun which he didn't. He gets charged with murder but the district attorney has compassion and lets him serve three years in jail but will be release on good behavior in fifteen months if he keeps that way. He goes to jail and that's when he enters a world that he really can't understand. He goes through a lot of crazy stuff especially a brutal and psychotic correctional officer. He then meets John Smith played by Val Kilmer who is a veteran in prison and at first a little bit distant to him. Throughout Wade's time there they form a somewhat friendship; and Smith starts teaching him ways to tolerate prison life. The key thing that makes this movie work is the performances which are very top notch. Val Kilmer we miss you on the big screen when are you coming back. Thunderheart, Top Gun, Tombstone, The Doors those were awesome movies where you great and hopefully Macgruber doesn't suck. Kilmer plays John Smith to the core and he's very imposing, Kilmer did his research. Dorff played a very sympathetic performance and convinced me all the way. I seriously thought he was a lost cause ever since from being the villain Decon Frost in Blade which he was pretty good. These two actors own the movie and they have great chemistry. The movie loses a potential fifth star because the prison scenes are very brutal and unforgiving and it's not an easy movie to watch. I understand prison life is not easy and I can't say I have experience it, I can only imagined it and hopefully never experience it. However, the movie would make audience feel a shock is coming on every reel when we're suppose to care more about the characters and plot not the next blow to the head. Although Felon surprise me a lot and it's worth to watch for the performances of Kilmer and Dorff.
  15. Jun 13, 2013
    it's one of those movies that you can't like, or hate.
    most movies that you can't like or hate, have a good scenes and bad ones,
    but this is different, the fact that they tried to give you a taste of prison and prisoners without actually going deep didn't work at all, it's make you feel that the story is shallow, the performances were ok but Harold Perrineau can't act at all, they give
    it's one of those movies that you can't like, or hate.
    most movies that you can't like or hate, have a good scenes and bad ones,
    the performances were ok but Harold Perrineau can't act at all,
    they give him a well-dressed character but he wasn't able to fill his role,
    and that actually left a big gap opened,and then the story and how they tried to convince us about the reality of prisons, it just didn't work.
  16. Dec 10, 2013
    A good solid movie but not a memorable one. My main concern is how predictable the plot is, it never felt like something unexpected would happen and it rarely did.

Plot 7 Maybe it would have been better if it evolved at a slower pace, it never feels like months had passed, which kinda remembers me of that movie "A Hijacking". A movie that is focused on the drama of being trapped

Plot 7
    Maybe it would have been better if it evolved at a slower pace, it never feels like months had passed, which kinda remembers me of that movie "A Hijacking". A movie that is focused on the drama of being trapped somewhere for a long time has to give the viewer a good sense of time passage.

Acting 9
    All actors were great.

Cinematography 9
    I really liked the moving nature of the camera and the final montage

Drama 6
    Not only the plot organization didn't help, the movie failed to make me feel the problems of the main characters, it just doesn't feel like a big deal and it doesn't feel like anything is at stake.

Its a good movie worth watching, but there's nothing special about it.
  17. May 11, 2016
    Brilliant jail movie. Well shot and acted. Val Kilmer is the man. Highly recommended.

Watch it online for free: https://www.primewire.ag/watch-280-Felon

Harold Perrineau gives unintentionally comic expression in Felon to the delineation between his character's public and private scruples.
  2. The most startling performance comes from Val Kilmer as Wade's hardened cellmate, a man who combines bitterness with wisdom.
    A good cast and disciplined direction add some distinction to Ric Roman Waugh's Felon, which is basically the old tale about an innocent man corrupted by a stay in prison.