8.3

1. Jan 17, 2012
    This movie horrified me. Managing to be bathetic and trite while simultaneously being outlandish and grandiose, the movie fell from whatever place it had occupied on the shelf, to a despairing Gehenna at my deepest loathing. The acting was full of overextended, sloppy gesticulations and Wagnerian squawking, ineffectual delivery and spastic presence. The writing was sufferable at best.This movie horrified me. Managing to be bathetic and trite while simultaneously being outlandish and grandiose, the movie fell from whatever place it had occupied on the shelf, to a despairing Gehenna at my deepest loathing. The acting was full of overextended, sloppy gesticulations and Wagnerian squawking, ineffectual delivery and spastic presence. The writing was sufferable at best. Truly a disappointment. Expand

If you're in the right mood this movie will bring a tear to your eye. If you're not you're probably already watching "Reservoir Dogs".
  2. Despite a few wrong turns early on, the movie gathers graceful momentum and heads straight to the warm heart of the book - that fond spot located just on the safe side of sentimentality, a feel- good place that doesn't leave any feel-stupid fallout.
  3. Reviewed by: Staff (Not Credited)
    In spite of a script hobbled with cloying aphorisms and shameless sentimentality, Field of Dreams sustains a dreamy mood in which the idea of baseball is distilled to its purest essence.