9.0

1. Mar 8, 2012
    Great film; negative reviews here often reflect a sloppy or down-right non-existent understanding of the movie. Case in point: "..spend two hours wondering why the characters would rather punch each other than do something useful with their time and energy." - Alexander G. Now obviously, anyone who was actually attentive to the movie knows that they DID do something useful, and they foughtGreat film; negative reviews here often reflect a sloppy or down-right non-existent understanding of the movie. Case in point: "..spend two hours wondering why the characters would rather punch each other than do something useful with their time and energy." - Alexander G. Now obviously, anyone who was actually attentive to the movie knows that they DID do something useful, and they fought for a reason. Expand
  2. Feb 14, 2012
    66 for the critics average...wtf? This is easily one of my top 5 movies of all time. I'm currently 20 years old and I bet I've seen this movie over 50 times, yes it's that good, if you haven't seen this you aren't american.
  3. Feb 19, 2012
    This movie revolutionized my taste in movies. I was 13 when I first saw this film, and it packed a solid punch that left me in a daze for days on end. Brad Pitt, Edward Norton, and Helena Bonham Carter are all cast to perfection. Pitt in particular is at his personal best. I loved the book by Chuck Pahlaniuk, but I feel that Fincher pumped additional life into the story. It is visionary,This movie revolutionized my taste in movies. I was 13 when I first saw this film, and it packed a solid punch that left me in a daze for days on end. Brad Pitt, Edward Norton, and Helena Bonham Carter are all cast to perfection. Pitt in particular is at his personal best. I loved the book by Chuck Pahlaniuk, but I feel that Fincher pumped additional life into the story. It is visionary, innovative, and singular. There have been many attempts to copycat the feeling that this movie created, but it seems like every attempt at touching the greatness of this movie have fallen flat. I don't think that everyone is going to enjoy this movie. I would never watch it with my parents for instance, but it really is great. It was once a cult hit, but it seems to have leaped forward into mainstream pop culture, and I think it deserves the attention. Expand
  4. Apr 30, 2013
    Very nice movie, Edward Norton is an amazing actor, also brad Pitt.
    I like the story, is unique, creative and unexpected. In the end all come consistent.
  5. May 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Lots of movies try to be daring. Lots of movies try to be hyper stylized, interestingly crafted, confusingly brilliant, and narratively abstract. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, actually I love different, but what I'm trying to say is that everyone tries to be "the first" and no one does a better job at creating something like that than Fight Club.
    Fight Club is the definitive perfect movie. Not one movie does what this movie has accomplished and I don't think any other movie will ever do something like this again. It's the exact definition of abstract and I think that is a beautiful thing. There's a lot I have to say about this movie because this one is very near and dear to my heart and I know it is with a lot of other people too, but I also know that a good amount of people also hate this movie, but that's just part of the beauty. It has the unique ability to both be worshiped, and be despised all at the same time. I'm a worshiper.
    If you haven't seen Fight Club you will probably guess that it's all about two guys who create a club that lets people release their aggression by beating each other to a pulp. Well, that is a part of it, but a surprisingly very small one. That's just the background, not only is Fight Club one of the most narratively abstract movies I have ever seen, it is also the movie with the most underlying themes. Fight Club is about much, much more than just fighting.
    You may have heard the line, "this is your life and it’s ending one minute at a time." Well, I live by that line, literally. This was also the first lesson that I picked up from this film full of great lessons, you have to live your life to the fullest. You shouldn't care what other people think, do it for yourself and do it quick because the clocks ticking. This brings us to our next lesson. Edward Norton plays the main character known as "the narrator." We meet him as a traveling automobile company employee who has insomnia. This character is a very interesting character because he goes through a very large change throughout the movie. Before he meets Tyler Durden he is known as the "everyman." He is emotionally unstable and he tends to put all of his worries and fears into his possessions and he is one of those people who has to hold onto his structure and have everything straight and tidy and it becomes a problem. That is the next lesson, you have to let go. The average human is stuck in a box going about their average days going through their daily cycles until they go to bed, and they could be doing a lot more. "You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." So embrace that and use it to your advantage. Embrace the fact that God may not like you, "we are God's unwanted children, so be it!"
    Now let’s talk about Tyler Durden for a second. This guy is indisputably the coolest character in all of movies, ever. You see him and your just like, I want to be him. The best part about him is that he is relatable in the strangest way. I can relate to him although he is completely insane. Even though he is completely insane, he does in a way symbolize all of us, but in our most free state. Tyler Durden is free; he is chaos, which is the exact opposite of Edward Norton. This then ties in with our next theme, freedom. The fight club that is created is in every way illegal, and the whole point of it is to get away from all the rules and your dull and normal life. “At the end of a fight, nothing is resolved yet nothing matters.” That tells you everything you need to know about these people. The first two rules are “you do not talk about Fight Club,” as you probably know. Rules? Yes, there are rules in fight club, but rules are meant to be broken. How can Fight Club spread if no one talks about it? That’s the point; Fight Club thrives on the breaking of its own rules because the whole point of it is to set you free from rules. It’s not even with those first two rules either. In the movie there is a fight between Edward Norton and this other guy and Norton literally beats the living hell out of him breaking the third rule, “when someone says stop, or goes limp the fight is over.” Afterward Norton says that he was feeling destructively beautiful and that’s all that matter in the end.
    Fight Club is a movie for the generations. It is a cult masterpiece that will never seize to amaze and disturb its viewers. It is a polarizing film and I am proud to say that I am a part of the following. Never believe that it’s all about the fighting, it’s not. It’s about much, much more than that and even with all the blood and violence; this movie shines as a disturbingly beautiful film. David Fincher does an outstanding job with the directing which is masterful to say the least and the two leads kill it. Plus with a surprise twist that you will never see coming, this movie just brings more and more to the table. A brilliant and yes, beautiful film that I wish to show my children one day.
  6. Jul 15, 2014
    Usually, the most talked about movies are overrated. E.T, Alien, Drive, and Wall-e all fit into that category. But occasionally, once in a blue moon, one of these movies lives up to its hype. Fight Club is one of those movies. Fight Club is by far Fincher's best movie, with stunning performances and bone-chilling cinematography. The story itself makes you doubt your own life and sanity,Usually, the most talked about movies are overrated. E.T, Alien, Drive, and Wall-e all fit into that category. But occasionally, once in a blue moon, one of these movies lives up to its hype. Fight Club is one of those movies. Fight Club is by far Fincher's best movie, with stunning performances and bone-chilling cinematography. The story itself makes you doubt your own life and sanity, and it sends a sobering message about how our society functions and questions everything in it. The movie really keeps you guessing about it right up until the end, until a final scene that you won't want to miss. See this movie, but don't talk about it; that's the first rule. Expand
  7. Mar 30, 2014
    One of the best movies of all times. Of course, the title doesn´t say much, but the story ends up being a wonderful masterpiece. The great antisocial sense only makes it more exciting.
  8. Mar 6, 2014
    One of my ultimate favorites. Psychological, philosophical and full of little details to enjoy when watching over and over again. And I do think this is a comedy. Dark, twisted and bizarre comedy, just the way I like it.
  9. Apr 8, 2014
    Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Goooooooooooooooooooooooood Film!!!!! My favourite film!!!
  10. Nov 10, 2011
    A highly underrated film by critics. An excellent film that will keep the viewer grasped in and experience a something completely new. The acting, script, direction, editing and sound are all top notch. There is a lot that can be picked up from this movie, and Fight Club makes you enjoy taking it all in.
  11. Jun 5, 2012
    Highly nihilist, you should not think that the film is stupid because the scenario (especially the final) is unrealistic, no, you'd just think about what's behind it. Course, if you've seen this film thinking "hey, i'm gonna see Brad Pitt fighting hard, yay !" it could be a little bit destabilizing because it's MUCH MORE.
  12. Jun 25, 2012
    First rule of fight club is you do not talk about fight club .
  13. Sep 12, 2012
    Fight Club is clearly one of my top favorite movies in all genres combined. Clearly an awful mind-blowing film because of ridiculously exceptional screenplay by Jim Uhis and outstanding direction by one of my favorite directors, David Fincher. Edward Norton and Brad Pitt gave intense performances, especially Edward Norton's performance was over the top, his character was calm andFight Club is clearly one of my top favorite movies in all genres combined. Clearly an awful mind-blowing film because of ridiculously exceptional screenplay by Jim Uhis and outstanding direction by one of my favorite directors, David Fincher. Edward Norton and Brad Pitt gave intense performances, especially Edward Norton's performance was over the top, his character was calm and aggressive at the same time. Fight Club is not just a movie; it is a story of a man living a depressing life in the modern age, unsatisfied with everything and wants the change but can't do it in a proper and legal way so he does it in his own twisted and extremely hard way. It is the truth, it is our everyday life; something we eat, we wear, we buy, we steal, we talk about, we love and we hate. Expand
  14. Nov 7, 2012
    Fight Club is perhaps one of the most ingenious, pitch perfect films ever made. It hooks you with intense narratives, rocks your world with explosive scenes of extreme intensity, and then shatters your perspective of reality, leaving you at your knees, clapping, and laughing maniacally. It is crafted with the utmost brilliance and is easily one of the greatest films of all time.
  15. Mar 27, 2013
    A pretty fine movie that was brilliant in its day. Still is to a lesser extent. Fight Club was clever and well written with fantastic performances from Norton And Pitt. Oddly a rather decent performance from Meatloaf as well? Who knew?!?! Aside from the main cast and one or two of the side characters, no one else is really that developed and the movie plays out more like a fantasy thanA pretty fine movie that was brilliant in its day. Still is to a lesser extent. Fight Club was clever and well written with fantastic performances from Norton And Pitt. Oddly a rather decent performance from Meatloaf as well? Who knew?!?! Aside from the main cast and one or two of the side characters, no one else is really that developed and the movie plays out more like a fantasy than actual events, which contradicts the realistic tone it sets. Breaking the 4th wall is something I love to see in movies and is extremely rare to see in anything that isn't a comedy. Overall: Fight Club is an utterly brilliant movie that is almost perfect. A few minor flaws here and there, but nothing that really ruins it. A must see. Expand
  16. Jul 5, 2013
    Brilliantly realized nonsense, Fight Club is one of the most highly stylized and energetic movies ever made. I can only imagine how impressively innovative it must have seemed when it first came out, with its surreally pulsating soundtrack, constant miniature sucker punches, and wildly inspired direction. The performances are all darkly comical and Nortan's character is an amusinglyBrilliantly realized nonsense, Fight Club is one of the most highly stylized and energetic movies ever made. I can only imagine how impressively innovative it must have seemed when it first came out, with its surreally pulsating soundtrack, constant miniature sucker punches, and wildly inspired direction. The performances are all darkly comical and Nortan's character is an amusingly disturbed individual. It's not perfect however. It has a twist ending that descends the story into complete, albeit entertaining, stupidity, it packs on way too much sexually immoral content, and lacks any true meaning despite its constant insistence that it does. It also slows down too much during some sections. These flaws would normally sink a movie's score a lot further down and even kill some outright, but Fight club is so entertaining in a hyper macho off kilter sort of way, so well made, and so memorable in ways that few movies can ever achieve that in the end they're not detrimental to the film's overall quality. I have to say, Fight Club is some sort of flawed, but brilliant classic. But don't watch it unless you're mature and old enough to not be scarred by some of the film's immoral or violent material. Expand
  17. Mar 30, 2013
    it's one of the movies that you get to see once a life-time i loved the story and how anyone can relate to it Edward Norton did an amazing job and it was the first movie that i actually enjoyed brad pitt acting.
  18. Aug 21, 2014
    FIRST RULE OF FIGHT CLUB is you don't talk about fight club,oh guys,the film is freaking awesome, one of the greatest twist ending film,very much interesting narration style, so beautifully filmed ,excellent mind blowing acting by brad pit and edward norton ,very good screen play and stylish direction by finch make this FIGHT CLUB IS A ONE OF THE BEST FILM OF THE WORLD ..!!!
  19. Oct 29, 2013
    If you are a woman and haven't watch this movie yet wonder what is it about, Fight Club wasn't one-dimensional movie that have men beating crap at each other. Yup, they had fight scene in this movie but that's not the main point. When I first heard about it, I was a little taken aback I thought it was going to be another dumb movie where man acted so macho and kill each other) butIf you are a woman and haven't watch this movie yet wonder what is it about, Fight Club wasn't one-dimensional movie that have men beating crap at each other. Yup, they had fight scene in this movie but that's not the main point. When I first heard about it, I was a little taken aback I thought it was going to be another dumb movie where man acted so macho and kill each other) but managed to sit down and watch the entire movie. Then I repeated it couple more times. I know that I had made a wrong judgement. It's the kind of movie that had a deeper meaning than it looks like and the one that gets better each time you see it. Expand
  20. Mar 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Fight club is the best movie ever. I don't think anyone was expecting Tyler Durden to be a split personality or an alter ego of The Narrator. I think Edward Norton and Brad Pitt should do more movies together. Some people think that Marla was also a hallucination. I don't think so. I love the fact that this movie had a green outer look. Go to the Imdb and read the trivia because there are some pretty cool trivia facts. I want to tell you some but there are to many. I give this movie a 10 out of 10. And check out my page. Thanks for reading. Expand
  21. GlennM.
    Jan 13, 2010
    'Infantile philosophizing'? There's no wonder America hates Fight Club, because of its harsh, brutal reality that truly makes you question life's values and your 'goals'. Fincher's, Norton's and Pitt's greatest movie, ever.
  22. Sep 26, 2011
    "Los Angeles Times
    Kenneth Turan
    Score: 30 What's most troubling about this witless mishmash of whiny, infantile philosophizing and bone-crunching violence is the increasing realization that it actually thinks it's saying something of significance." Heh, how ironic, this dimwit of a critic is so ignorant and wrong that it makes me want to punch him in the face.. you know, like with war
    "Los Angeles Times
    Kenneth Turan
    Score: 30

Heh, how ironic, this dimwit of a critic is so ignorant and wrong that it makes me want to punch him in the face.. you know, like with war criminals or rapists.

Anyway, no surprise the user reviews are so much better than the critics', as critics always have this aversion against films that are, or appear to be, radically anti-capitalist, anti-elitist and anti-status quo (in essence, anti-media).
  23. Nov 8, 2011
    An excellent adaptation of the book. The small changes are excusable. Characters perform excellently and the story flows and comes together with elegance and class
  24. Jan 7, 2013
    It's a sense of bewilderment after a film like this that comes around from your belief that what you just saw was completely abysmal, or simply genius. I'm the latter.
    This film was right on so many levels, not the soap fetish, not even Meat Loaf with breasts, this culture shock was just so good that it was expert cinema, a mind numbingly painful film to wrap your head around, but somehow makes sense in its own twisted way.
    Starring Ed Norton, Brad Pitt, and Helena Bonham Carter, Fight Club centres around Norton's unnamed character, who finds little creativity and interest in his routine white-collat job.
    He falls upon Tyler Durden, excellently played by Pitt. Durden is a wonderfully disturbed man, bursting with ideas and philosophical whims that reach out throughout the film. Initial screenings of this to company executives where met with distain. its easy to see why. This is not a film to be viewed lightly, its themes and content will not be met with an enjoyable stance. But that it was makes this film so enjoyable, uniqueness, rarity, symbolism and unconventional.
    the fast-paced nature of David Fincher's film maintains the setting and plot line which will exceed nyones expectation of what they may or may not expect from this movie.
    Norton is playing an exceptionally different character from his neo-nazi turn a year earlier in American History X, showing id diversity for any role given to him. Pitt excels as the brilliantly clever, funny but shady Tyler Durden. Bonham Carter is well cast as Marla Singer, how these two meeting is of particular interest, first outlining the dark humor within this film which persist throughout.
    Yes the film is sometimes muddled, and in several scenes it will have you wandering "whats the point?", but that aside, this film does deserve the 'cult' status it now holds, it is simply displeasing to many due to its differential approach to such a common theme, how to change the world, this film won't do this, but it will certainly turn heads to see what's making all the noise.
  25. Dec 4, 2012
    First rule of fight club is....you do not talk about fight club!! Second rule of fight club is YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB!!! This has to be one of the best movies ever made when it comes to a person living the same repetitious lifestyle working the same tedious job while desperately wanting something more meaning in their life...or in Edward Norton's case...all the above yet he alsoFirst rule of fight club is....you do not talk about fight club!! Second rule of fight club is YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB!!! This has to be one of the best movies ever made when it comes to a person living the same repetitious lifestyle working the same tedious job while desperately wanting something more meaning in their life...or in Edward Norton's case...all the above yet he also needed to feel loved! It may be violent but beneath its in your face approach its thought provokingly smart & daring!! People who dislike it probably couldn't get past the violent scenes when they were fighting but it was basically their way of getting over their failures which is why NO ONE WAS KILLED WHEN THEY FOUGHT EACH OTHER..they hashed out their problems then change their perspectives on their lives by changing the way society functioned as a whole!! I mean come on people....erasing ALL DEBT so everyone has a clean record? That's freaking genius! But still they did commit crimes like vandalism...theft....destroying property but its very entertaining to watch! The way it begins will have you believing that your going to watch a boring movie but it picks up VERY quickly when Edward go's to groups(hilariously funny) meets Karla singer then the show stealer brad Pitt....he's gold in this movie!! Every scene has meaning that will have you thinking...every actor are believable....& its just plain funny as it is serious(I almost died laughing watching Edward Norton kick his own ass @ the end Lamo)whoever says this movie sucks are either sensitive...easily offended...have no funny bone whatsoever or just hates great entertainment!! Brad Pitt: hit me as hard as you can...Edward Norton: like in the face? Brad Pitt: surprise me....Edward Norton: hits brad Pitt.....brad Pitt: ouch...you hit me in the ear man...lamo this is a must movie especially if your interested in seeing how one man decides to change his tedious & extremely repetitive lifestyle....9/10...it loses a point for ending lol Expand
  26. Feb 7, 2013
    The guy's film of all guy's films imo. Great acting by the cast, Solid action, and a great plot make Fight Club not only a seriously underrated movie but also a cult classic.
  27. Jan 24, 2012
    This Book based movie is a classic. For the person interested in the book, the movie mirrors the book almost identically minus the copy-write changes. This movie does have a " man" factor to it. However, the metaphor for social injustice is made to a mature aduiance. Its a cult classic!
  28. Jul 4, 2012
    Slow on the uptake, this film made me a fan of Ed Norton. Obviously the split identity Tyler Durden, played by Pitt, is a perfect outlet for Ed's straight laced character. Call me naive but when I first saw the flick i think I was the last one in the theater to realize the two were the same. Loved the intertwining the making of soap into the storyline as well.
  29. Mar 19, 2013
    A movie that at first glance looks like some beat-em-up comedy-drama with Brad Pitt, is soooo much more after you watch it. Check it out, although you may have to re-watch it to understand the deeper meaning involved.
  30. Jun 23, 2014
    Damn is this one ever unique. First off, Edward Norton and Brad Pitt are phenomenal here, especially Norton who really makes for an appealing lead, in spite of all of his clear issues. While the things in this film are certainly not something to be worshipped or thought highly of, the film takes these wrong and evil acts and truly makes a beautiful film out of it. On the surface, it isDamn is this one ever unique. First off, Edward Norton and Brad Pitt are phenomenal here, especially Norton who really makes for an appealing lead, in spite of all of his clear issues. While the things in this film are certainly not something to be worshipped or thought highly of, the film takes these wrong and evil acts and truly makes a beautiful film out of it. On the surface, it is about two men who makes a club where they just beat the crap out of one another, but it is really about so much more than that and it is cool to see them use that fight club as a cover for what the film is truly about. David Fincher's vision for this one is a great one and he directs this film brilliantly. In addition, the set pieces are perfect for the film and all look incredibly well done and appropriate for the film. Overall, Fight Club lived up to the hype for me, hooking me in from the very beginning and never letting go until the film was over. Expand
  31. Feb 28, 2013
    This movie was amazing, it was hilarious at times, it was gripping, the story was very well done and I was always left anticipating what would happen next, trying to put all the pieces of the non-linear narrative together as a spectator was fun, yes, fun, to do.
  32. May 31, 2014
    1999's Fight Club Is One Of My Favorite Films, I Like It Because This Is Also One Of My Brother Jesse Krajci's Favorite Films Along With 1994's Pulp Fiction And 1992's Reservoir Dogs, Out Cousin Logan Was 4 Years Old In 1999, Me And My Brother Jesse Were 5 Years Old In 1999, This Film Does Have Swearing And Brutal Graphic Violence.
  33. Apr 21, 2014
    Both dark and hilarious. This film not only delivers great plot of the evolving mind of the narrator (Edward Norton), great performances from Brad Pitt and Edward Norton, it also shows a different view on life and the destruction of the system that we blindly follow.
  34. Nov 5, 2013
    Great movie, some wannabes says its pointless and its but thats just because they want people to think that they know something about movies. This film is genius.
  35. Jan 24, 2013
    This movie completely took me by surprise and highlighted the strengths of commenting on American Society at the time. It clearly defined Brad Pitt and Edward Norton as box office contenders, also to continue the success of director David Fincher (Se7en, Panic Room) With spot on theme boundaries and pitch perfect narrrative, its a movie which Brad Pitt quoted as "to have an experience,This movie completely took me by surprise and highlighted the strengths of commenting on American Society at the time. It clearly defined Brad Pitt and Edward Norton as box office contenders, also to continue the success of director David Fincher (Se7en, Panic Room) With spot on theme boundaries and pitch perfect narrrative, its a movie which Brad Pitt quoted as "to have an experience, take a punch more and see how you come out on the other end." Expand
  36. Feb 6, 2013
    A great commentary on consumerism. It's one with style and action. The characters are strangely interesting and the camerawork and effects are top-notch. This movie goes all out with its message, no holds barred.
  37. Aug 21, 2014
    Decided to watch this due to the massive following it seems to have, and somehow despite all the hype i wasn't left underwhelmed by it. The story was very engaging and forces you to want to know more throughout, much like the main character himself does. Definitely worth watching.
  38. Aug 27, 2014
    "The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden

A multi faced movie about a men who is deeply unsatisfed with his life in a modern age.

39. Aug 9, 2013
    Definetly in my movie-toplist. Very good adaption of the book. I love the story and the actors, great play. For me it was really a mind-changing experience.
  40. Mar 5, 2014
    Fight Club is an odd movie. When you first hear about it, it sounds anything but spectacular. What's so interesting about guys fighting each other in a basement? The movie sounds boring.
    WRONG
    WRONG
    After watching Fight Club a solid six times, I can safely assure everyone that it is one of the best movies ever. I can't explain why, but it's just an awesome movie, and I'd argue that it's one of Pitt's best movies.
    Just watch it. Do yourself a favor.
  41. Mar 15, 2013
    Don't let it's seemingly block-headed name and average critic score fool you, Fight Club is an excellent film which deals with the desperate struggle of a disillusioned generation of men who can no longer find meaning in their material lives. This is yet another example of an exceptional film where bad reviews are the result of either an awesome failure to understand the movie or anDon't let it's seemingly block-headed name and average critic score fool you, Fight Club is an excellent film which deals with the desperate struggle of a disillusioned generation of men who can no longer find meaning in their material lives. This is yet another example of an exceptional film where bad reviews are the result of either an awesome failure to understand the movie or an exceptionally arrogant and indignant revolt against its highly confronting themes. Expand
  42. Mar 25, 2013
    An excellent movie. I praise it and can't recommend it enough. I can't believe that Mr. Fincher did that movie AND "The Curious Case of Benjamin button".
  43. Jun 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Fight club is a very interesting film to talk about, seeing in how it talks about such a hot subject and has lots of messages and meanings. I will try however to try and simplify as much as I can. Fight club is about an insomniac who meets this guy who then gets him to form a fight club. From that it sounds pretty simple, but in actuality it's a bit more complex. He starts joining therapy sessions merely for the thrill, I know it's strange right? But apparently the thrill is that he can finally try and show some emotions. I guess that this is here to later show up in the film, like how they talk about his life is meaningless and he only goes along with curve to get by. A lot like the catcher in the Rye. Once we are introduced to Tyler Durden the film starts to become much more interesting, and I think that's a good joke as well. Brad Pitt does a great job of being this leader of anarchy, he's charismatic, and has the right attitude to approaching people to join his cause. Edward Norton however is uninteresting, but that's the point, and I guess that's a pass in my book. One of the most famous parts of this movie figuring out who Tyler Durden really is, and when you find know it makes everything you just scene even more weird. Also the themes it tries to convey are bit too complicated or not that well thought out. I really do like this film, and I think it is a very good movie, but I think again that it may be saying a bit too much or not making sense. Expand
  44. Oct 5, 2013
    WHAT? I don't have time to write a review, but THE CRITICS ARE BS! I'll say that again.
    THE CRITICS ARE ****
    This movie is my favorite movie, it's amazing in all the right way, WATCH IT RIGHT NOW screw the critics.
  45. Feb 11, 2014
    Nearly everyone knows the rules, number one of which I’m about to break.

What do you do if you’re sick of your boring, pathetic life? In the most cathartic, DIY approach possible, Fight Club answers this question: you change it. The absolute prototype of an existential thriller, it wouldn’t be taking too much of a leap to suggest that Fight Club is one of the best films ever made.
    Nearly everyone knows the rules, number one of which I’m about to break.

Jim Uhls’ excellently adapted screenplay of Chuck Palahniuk’s novel (this is the only major work by Uhls that I can find), this thriller has been exciting male audiences the world over since its release in 1999. Even Palahniuk himself said the film was amazing. In fact, he admitted that film was so good, the book in comparison made him feel ashamed.

A nameless, pitiful, seemingly friend and family-less Office worker (Edward Norton) suffers from insomnia. True to Palahniuk’s style, the solution to the insomnia comes in a bizarre way. He finds relief by attending support groups for diseases, diseases he doesn’t have; these people really listen to him, and afterwards, he sleeps. At these meetings he meets Marla Singer (Helena Bonham Character), a nemesis and lover, and it is through her that Mr. Office worker discovers his true self, but not until after he’s transformed more than just his own life.

Mr. Pitiful Office worker meets Tyler Durden (Brad Pitt). Durden helps Mr. Pitiful Office worker admit to his misery once and for all. Channeling their suppressed male aggression in its rawest form, they start fighting each other. Soon Mr. Pitiful Office worker realizes that he and Durden are not alone.

Men, downtrodden, tired of their insignificance as worthless individuals all aim to do something greater. They jump at the chance to vent their primal steam, and the solo fights turn into group fights.

Durden’s vision eventually transcends aggression in its physical form and becomes something much greater, a community where the individual ceases to exist. As part of this whole, every unnamed member is an equal and significant contributor, and it is through the whole that the individual finds meaning. As part of the whole they are changing the future together.

This movie is a directing marvel. With time shifts, psychological manipulations, and very meticulous scene planning, we are kept on the edge of our seats for the entire film. Accompanied by the pounding soundtrack composed by the Dust Brothers, Fincher achieves the rarity of making a movie better than a book. Fincher turns the concrete basement of Lou’s Tavern into perhaps the most famous arena in all of modern film. The house on Paper Street, a lone abandoned mansion, becomes a factory of redefinition, of reinvention. In the final scene an amazing mesh between the visuals and the music, The Pixies’ “Where is my Mind,” Fincher creates one of the most stunning combinations of sight and sound in all of film. And it's a pretty damn good ending to the plot too.

The most memorable scene is when Durden is behind the wheel of a car full of passengers. He buckles up, pins the gas, and lets go of the wheel. The car veers off the road and crashes, flipping multiple times. We are force fed the hard truth here. The Fight Club mantra: to change to our lives we need to rid ourselves of our past failures, forget the job, the kids, the car, the living room, the flat screen HDTV, and just let go.

You are not your f'cking khakis.
  46. Nov 12, 2013
    One of the best movies i have ever seen. It took me a long time to watch it and when i finally did i can say If you haven't watched it yet, do it as fast as you possibly can.
  47. Sep 3, 2013
    "The first rule of Fight Club is..." From director David Fincher comes the modern cult classic Fight Club; a smart, provocative film that tackles modern culture and social issues in a daring and innovative way. The cast is outstanding; Brad Pitt, Edward Norton, and Helena Bonham Carter all deliver seminal performances. And, enough cannot be said about how brilliantly crafted the film"The first rule of Fight Club is..." From director David Fincher comes the modern cult classic Fight Club; a smart, provocative film that tackles modern culture and social issues in a daring and innovative way. The cast is outstanding; Brad Pitt, Edward Norton, and Helena Bonham Carter all deliver seminal performances. And, enough cannot be said about how brilliantly crafted the film is; it takes several viewings to absorb it all and really appreciate how well-thought-out everything is. Fight Club offers insightful social satire while delivering an intense and captivating drama with an amazing plot twist. Expand
  48. Sep 10, 2013
    Fight Club is my very favorite movie. It's kind of life-changing. Great pictures, colors, actors and the idea combined with a genius music (btw for this I recommend you http://fightclubsoundtrack.com/ where you can listen to this for free) make a masterpiece of a cinematography.
  49. Mar 31, 2014
    Great film. David Fincher proved with this film that he really is special. While I am very confused about the mediocre critic score, I do see why some dislike this film. To me, it is a beautiful, action-packed, entirely enjoyable thrill ride that is incredibly re-watchable.
  50. Jan 29, 2014
    Fight Club is the best movie if you can understand it. If not, it sucks. That's why we have a very big range here. If you rated negatively go and watch the movie again, search the deeper meanings about the system, understand the movie and come back here to hate yourself.
  51. Mar 31, 2014
    Fight Club delivers a slowly escalating story about an underground fight club. It is dark and brutal. Edward Norton delivers a good performance as a depressed young man who's life is going nowhere. Brad Pitt does a fantastic job of playing a man who is not attached to objects. He's all about experience. This movie's story keeps the viewer enthralled in it's twisted world. It also has aFight Club delivers a slowly escalating story about an underground fight club. It is dark and brutal. Edward Norton delivers a good performance as a depressed young man who's life is going nowhere. Brad Pitt does a fantastic job of playing a man who is not attached to objects. He's all about experience. This movie's story keeps the viewer enthralled in it's twisted world. It also has a terrifying and amazing ending. Expand
  52. Feb 24, 2014
    A film that can really hit you seductively and fascinate you in a humor way. If you think that this film is serious, you got it all wrong. A ride with the best actors into a dark tragedy but somehow charming. The most significant film that can really make you amazed in many ways. Finishing this great work by the best ending ever totally blown me off. What also makes this film special isA film that can really hit you seductively and fascinate you in a humor way. If you think that this film is serious, you got it all wrong. A ride with the best actors into a dark tragedy but somehow charming. The most significant film that can really make you amazed in many ways. Finishing this great work by the best ending ever totally blown me off. What also makes this film special is the main character, after all, doesn't 'solve' the problem like other films. It was a cinematic experience, and frankly speaking, it took me a while to confirm that this is the best film I've ever seen so far. Expand
  53. Feb 26, 2014
    This cult classic is on my top 10 list. Due to its original and creative plot and directing styles. The movie is quite shocking and brutal, but what is most shocking are the negative reviews on it. I have over-viewed lots of these bad reviews and all they talk about is how much violence is in it, and judge little to nothing on the story and/or film quality. Needless to say i shall ignoreThis cult classic is on my top 10 list. Due to its original and creative plot and directing styles. The movie is quite shocking and brutal, but what is most shocking are the negative reviews on it. I have over-viewed lots of these bad reviews and all they talk about is how much violence is in it, and judge little to nothing on the story and/or film quality. Needless to say i shall ignore those reviews due to their plain ignorant critics. Anyways, The story captures you quickly and is very fun to watch. The characters are interesting and fun, the shots are great, the plot is captivating, to sum it all up what isn't their to like about this movie. Expand
  54. chw
    Oct 13, 2014
    Fight Club was confusing, up until the end. The ending was very good, and like many other lengthy movies such as Forrest Gump and The Shawshank Redemption, this one is fast-paced as well.
  55. Jun 7, 2014
    David Fincher has earned respect by many for Fight Club, The Social Network and other great films he has directed but easily this is his best. Fight Club starts out great, with cool edgy music and great narration and this movie only gets better from there. Throughout I want this movie to go on forever and when you reach the end and you realize what this movie has been leading up to thatsDavid Fincher has earned respect by many for Fight Club, The Social Network and other great films he has directed but easily this is his best. Fight Club starts out great, with cool edgy music and great narration and this movie only gets better from there. Throughout I want this movie to go on forever and when you reach the end and you realize what this movie has been leading up to thats when you realize that this movie has an incredible plot, script, and is acted out by Norton and Pitt very vividly and thought out. Fight Club leaves you wanting more, and sadly it cannot provide for that but with great directing by Fincher, a great plot and script Fight Club is definetly one of my favorite movies of all time. 10/10 Expand
  56. Aug 15, 2014
    Fight Club delivers a kick to the head of excellence, a sensational film with an astounding performance by both Edward Norton and Brad Pitt. Simply a must see.
  57. Aug 17, 2014
    I would write a review about Fight Club, but...first rule about fight club...
    Just kidding. This movie has fantastic performances from the entire cast, great twists and turns and is definitely a must watch.
  58. Sep 3, 2014
    Fight Club is a movie about an insomniac office worker that chooses to change his life when he meets a truly influential person that teaches him the meaning of life:"You are not your job, you are not the car you drive, you are not the content of our wallet and you are not how much money you have in the bank."
    So escape society's oppression and fight back ,because remember:"This is your
    So escape society's oppression and fight back ,because remember:"This is your life,and it's ending one minute at a time."
  59. Sep 28, 2014
    There are so many kinds of violent dramas, but, Fight Club, for long, shows the best.
    It´s a combination of incredible mind-blowing scenes and incredible quotes for the script talking about life and self destruction doing what we don´t want. Brad Pitt shows the most epic way for rolling the mean paper of the movie. For different kinds of reasons, Edward Norton´s actuation was one of the best I´ve seen ever, so so so so great,

Fight club is special making people think about their lives. For me, Fight Club made a change in my way of living, it gives a bubblegum stock in one of your shoes, a bubblegum that will follow you all your life long.

As in Se7en, Pitt´s deserves an Oscar for his paper, and Fight Club should won the Best Picture one, this movie can cause special effects in the people´s mind, giving them a light to follow. Before this movie, I couldn´t guess that a girl can act so good, obviously talking about Helena Bonham Carter.

In some words, the movie is, in my opinion, unique, epic, special, mind-blowing, astonishing, and necessary to see before rest in peace.
  60. StickH.
    Mar 2, 2004
    I've just watched it for the 3rd time (this time with comentary) and ive got to say it is one of the best movies ive ever seen, theres just a certain atmosphere around the whole movie. Definetly on my top 10.
  61. ElisabethB.
    Feb 25, 2007
    Honestly, this is the best movie I'v ever seen. Well one of them. First of all, for the idiot critic that said he didn't like the comedy. It's not supposed to be a comedy. Moron. And to the other critic that said we'd be troubled to think this movie made a point of significance. It's not supposed to make a point. not every movie does. What point does the Godfather Honestly, this is the best movie I'v ever seen. Well one of them. First of all, for the idiot critic that said he didn't like the comedy. It's not supposed to be a comedy. Moron. And to the other critic that said we'd be troubled to think this movie made a point of significance. It's not supposed to make a point. not every movie does. What point does the Godfather make? No one bad-talks that. Critics are dumb. Expand
  62. MaxM.
    Jun 28, 2006
    "The theme is about how modern society has reduced males into enneuchs and how this warps our subconscious into anarcho-fascist mode." No. No No No. Also, the people that say that the movie was good up until the "second-half" say that because the sole humor of the first part becomes entangled with the complexity of the entire film. In this film there isn't a first and second half, it "The theme is about how modern society has reduced males into enneuchs and how this warps our subconscious into anarcho-fascist mode." No. No No No. Also, the people that say that the movie was good up until the "second-half" say that because the sole humor of the first part becomes entangled with the complexity of the entire film. In this film there isn't a first and second half, it is a full length movie plain and simple (and believe me, I do understand that they just say that to divide parts of the movie for easier reference). The movie is supposed to be thought like this to show the adaptation of the plot. Please people, seriously! Even the actual critics have ruined what should be an almost, if not completely, perfect score. The scores that some of these critics give leave their comments to "sick, twisted humor" or something of the sort - WHAT?! Go critique somewhere else please, because, although the movie is supposed to be humorous (which can be understood by the more deeper thinkers) it is not only a comedy with a crazy plot twist. This movie of course will be liked by some more than others, but if you don't understand the actual plot line and what it really is, then just leave your comments to yourself or share them with a friend, and if you really want to see what the movie conveys, then read some of these reviews or watch the movie again or something! The movie uses so many great techniques, not only in dialogue but also in camera usage and almost eveyr single possible ability that could be used in a movie, really. Oh yeah and back to the quote that I used to start this off (a quote from one of the other users), the movie is not just about "The theme is about how modern society has reduced males into enneuchs and how this warps our subconscious into anarcho-fascist mode" (did you not notice the entire appearance of the character Marla Singer?) although it may sound sort of corny, the theme could be considered more along the lines of "There is a Tyler Durden in all of us" kind of thing. There is way too much detail to go into for such a well thought out and socially complex movie for me to put in here. Watch the movie again, and if you don't get it - watch it again. An element of the movie that is so genius is that although it is deep and all, the actual approach to the movie and the plot and the entire film, really, is that it doesn't have an "artsy-fartsy" kind of setting and dialogue (to some extent yes it does, but you get the point.. I hope) it uses a more down-to-earth realistic view of ourselves, and I say ourselves as everyone, and the actual fabric of human nature and how some things affect the subconscious. Fight Club is really a very, very good movie. Expand
  63. timR
    Feb 4, 2009
    Beautifully damaged characters.
  64. InfamousButcher
    Mar 25, 2008
    Awesome is all can say, I've got nothing bad to say about it, its all awesome. It's a must watch.
    Aug 11, 2004
    One of the best films i ever saw, but it still doesn't do justice to the book - READ IT!
  66. ChrisS.
    Mar 24, 2008
    It's a long shot to say this is the greatest movie ever made, but the argument can be made by anyone who sees it and truly gets it. I've never written a review for any film before, but even 9 years after its release, Fight Club has earned it. Violent, yes, of course. It's called Fight Club. But strangely enough, that's a misleading title. It's the most ambiguous It's a long shot to say this is the greatest movie ever made, but the argument can be made by anyone who sees it and truly gets it. I've never written a review for any film before, but even 9 years after its release, Fight Club has earned it. Violent, yes, of course. It's called Fight Club. But strangely enough, that's a misleading title. It's the most ambiguous fable ever, in that the moral is whatever you make it out to be. This movie solidified Edward Norton to me as a top-tier actor capable of sheer brilliance, and Brad Pitt is amazing as well, cool and scary and ridiculously funny with his red leather jacket. Which brings me to my next point, if you've heard the word "comedy" used in relation to Fight Club, you heard correctly. It points out the hilarious nature of society's individuals to try desperately to reach some form of perfection, but of course we know this is impossible. Almost every motif you could think of in a great satirical tale is present in Fight Club. The one I never hear people mention is addiction. (Society Expand
  67. May 14, 2013
    Fight Club is a great film. It is well made with its interesting characters, fascinating story with a cool/shocking twist, and some interesting ideas about are society are put forth. Only people I can think who would not appreciate this movie are people who are squeamish and whose minds lack the ability to grasp an intricate story (so no little kids). This film is for an older crowd. SoFight Club is a great film. It is well made with its interesting characters, fascinating story with a cool/shocking twist, and some interesting ideas about are society are put forth. Only people I can think who would not appreciate this movie are people who are squeamish and whose minds lack the ability to grasp an intricate story (so no little kids). This film is for an older crowd. So overall, I really enjoyed this movie. It kept me engaged, surprised, shocked, and made me think. It is really well made and I will definitely see it a couple more times in the future. With more viewings this film will probably only get better and better. Expand
  68. Jun 1, 2012
    This is my favorite type of film. Its one that challenges you to look at things differently, and it does so with a satiric, yet brutal tone. Watching it for the first time, it wont go over well for you or anybody for that matter. Though, watch it a second time, and again and again.Then you will realize that everything it is telling you is true.
  69. Dec 8, 2011
    Simply amazing. Norton and Pitt are great leads in this film. Carter is great as well. This is truely a guy's film of guy's films and should be treated as such.
  70. Nov 28, 2012
    Ahh here it is. My review of David Fincher's classic adaption of Chuck Palahniuk's transgressional fiction master work. "Fight Club" tells the story of a corporate drone (Norton) who (like many) is displeased with his life. He, in turn, forms a 'fight club' with Tyler Durden (Pitt) a soap maker to escape from this sedative lifestyle. Now right off the bat, if this movie were shown to theAhh here it is. My review of David Fincher's classic adaption of Chuck Palahniuk's transgressional fiction master work. "Fight Club" tells the story of a corporate drone (Norton) who (like many) is displeased with his life. He, in turn, forms a 'fight club' with Tyler Durden (Pitt) a soap maker to escape from this sedative lifestyle. Now right off the bat, if this movie were shown to the original pioneers of film (i.e. Porter, Chaplin, Capra) I can safely say that upon completion of the film they would promptly scream, yell, cry, and then explode. . . .maybe. They would definitely be appalled by what they would see. However, this does not make "Fight Club" a bad film. For, film, like literature, can take on many forms and eventually evolve over time. Though the themes displayed throughout the film are definitely strange and at times shocking, they are also peculiarly thought-provoking and at times pragmatic. The movie's messages on defiance and nihilism are deeply rooted within it's very intelligently written script. The dialogue is hilarious and at times disturbingly provocative. Brad Pitt and Edward Norton are two intensely talented actors, and seeing them work together on screen is really entertaining. Though anyone who watches this movie will walk out of the film talking about Brad Pitt's unforgettable portrayal of Tyler Durden. Pitt's obvious dedication to the role, paired with the near-perfectly written script he was given, makes for a character that I will quote many a time to come. Another aspect that I found particularly unique was the cinematography. I found that Photographic Director Jeff Cronenweth did a noteworthy job with the visuals of this movie. He really succeeded in using lighting to accentuate just how dismally somnolent the narrator's life is. I also felt that the use of lighting towards the end of the film was also very aesthetic. As for direction, David Fincher is . . . .well he's David Fincher. The guy really knows how to put a film together. In the end, "Fight Club" is a dark, dreary, appalling, hilarious film that I am glad to call a classic piece of American culture. Expand
  71. Oct 8, 2011
    Despite the shaky, emotional final act, which was kinda predictable to intelligent audiences, David Fincher's "Fight Club" is one bad-ass **** movie that questions the authority and silencing the minority. And besides, its all filmed with revolutionary cinematography.
  72. AmandaS.
    May 30, 2005
    This movie is wonderful and anyone who disagrees has terrible taste.
  73. Aug 12, 2013
    masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece
  74. Jul 22, 2013
    Los Angeles Times, Entertainment Weekly, how could you? I fear you just don't understand it. Well the audience obviously has proven its good taste here so consider yourselves proven wrong by the User Score. No offense though, I just had to say it :D
  75. Dec 12, 2013
    Unexpected twists and turns keep Fight Club interesting, and it taps into the Tyler within all of us, but is more drawn out than it needs to be. Also has many hidden meanings and metaphors.
  76. SeanP.
    May 19, 2007
    Still one of the most underrated movies ever. It is finally starting to garner the respect it deserves. Its time just had to come, that's all. Like Blade Runner and Apocalypse Now, it was ahead of its own time.
  77. FilipeM.
    Mar 31, 2010
    Watch the first time and hate. Watch the second time and acknowledge that it's the best film that you've ever seen.
  78. Benjamin
    Oct 15, 2006
    One of the most engaging, intelligent, thought-provoking movies of our time.
  79. LukeK.
    Feb 4, 2005
    David Fincher does an excellent job with Fight Club.
  80. Jun 10, 2013
    I don`t care if the point of this movie is deep. It`s still a movie with guys just running around doing pointless crap! This is Dumb and Dumber the serious version.
  81. May 25, 2011
    A classic that does not deserve to be one. The acting performances did not impress me (except from Helena's) the movie has some illogical sense in it & the director made it into a big bunch of surreal mess.
  82. AlexanderG.
    Feb 6, 2010
    If you're too young for the MPAA rating, you'll probably think that watching sweaty men hurt one another is a good expression of masculinity and take this to be a deep and fascinating movie. If you're mature enough to realize that violence really isn't good for much of anything, you'll see right through the stupid "fighting sets you free from society" and spend If you're too young for the MPAA rating, you'll probably think that watching sweaty men hurt one another is a good expression of masculinity and take this to be a deep and fascinating movie. If you're mature enough to realize that violence really isn't good for much of anything, you'll see right through the stupid "fighting sets you free from society" and spend two hours wondering why the characters would rather punch each other than do something useful with their time and energy. The general theme of bringing down the office slave lifestyle could have made a great movie, but presenting a fascist underground fighting society as an acceptable alternative is just ludicrous. It's not an aweful movie; I loved the sequence where Tyler uses an unloaded revolver to motivate a convenience-store employee to improve his life, and the liposuction soap counterculture lifestyle was fascinating until it turned into a training complex for gullible and animistic men, but this movie does not deserve its high user score by any stretch. Expand
  83. Apr 26, 2013
    Extremely over-hyped. The first hour is mind-numbingly boring, the rest is a mediocre story about terrorism with a stupid plot twist which makes you wonder why people joined the fight club at the very start..
  84. MarcD.
    Feb 8, 2001
    A la "Spinal Tap," I can review this film in two words: sh*t sandwich. Such a fine line between clever and stupid.
  85. TimK.
    Feb 28, 2006
    This movie tries way too hard to be artistic and philisophical, but really it had nothing to say that hasn't been said a hundred times before and more eloquently. It's depressing, pointless, and retarded. Why didn't they just join a boxing league?
  86. Kapik
    Apr 8, 2005
    Worst. Movie. Ever.
  87. FraserM
    Aug 20, 2009
    I watched Fight Club today. I personally thought that it was a jumble of half-imagined characters and absurd, adolescent philosophy. The twist was predictable and, frankly, somewhat menial. It has been done before, and the film in general has been done before. It is like a dumb, testosterone-feulled action film that thinks it is intelligent. Ed Norton, you have let me down.
  88. leviS.
    Jun 1, 2005
    I honestly believe this is the greatest peice of film literature ever crafted. the movie is great on the surface, as a story of suppressive-aggressive men who beat the pulp out of each other, but at the same time, it is a deeply philosophical look at the modern man.
  89. Juan
    Dec 9, 2002
    The best movie of all time!!!!!
  90. JonathanH.
    Apr 2, 2004
    The last act kinda blew, but the movie until then was actually pretty great, very funny.
  91. MichaelC
    Jun 27, 2009
    This movie leaves very little to be desired. The mind-bending double personality aspect of it, while entertaining and mildly frightening, leaves one aspect tough to understand: which Durden was where at any given time? It was never fully explained, and it was a bit annoying to turn off the movie thinking "Wait, which one was in that one scene then?" If they had gone to lengths to explain This movie leaves very little to be desired. The mind-bending double personality aspect of it, while entertaining and mildly frightening, leaves one aspect tough to understand: which Durden was where at any given time? It was never fully explained, and it was a bit annoying to turn off the movie thinking "Wait, which one was in that one scene then?" If they had gone to lengths to explain this, it would have been a better film. Still, it's an amazing featuring of Pitt, Norton, and Carter's amazing acting. Expand
  92. JoeD
    Mar 22, 2010
    This is definitely the best movie i have ever seen.
  93. YoonMinC.
    Sep 27, 2003
    Fight Club might qualify Fincher as the Orson Welles among the new crop of directors--even I can't totally dispel that notion--but the central stupidity of this movie isn't something Welles would have touched with a ten-foot pole, or at the very least he would have molded into something more complex and fascinating(ala Lady from Shanghai or Touch of Evil--movies based on pulp Fight Club might qualify Fincher as the Orson Welles among the new crop of directors--even I can't totally dispel that notion--but the central stupidity of this movie isn't something Welles would have touched with a ten-foot pole, or at the very least he would have molded into something more complex and fascinating(ala Lady from Shanghai or Touch of Evil--movies based on pulp but illuminating as well as dark on the subject of the human soul). Surely, there have been worse cases of remarkable filmic talent in service of pretentious, sensationalistic trash but few have been so effective and entertaining as this which further complicates the issue. The theme is about how modern society has reduced males into enneuchs and how this warps our subconscious into anarcho-fascist mode, but really... why not just go to the healthclub and work out a sweat? Norton is brilliant as usual; far more surprising is how Pitt not only holds his own against the great Norton but even outshines him on occasion. Ultimately however, too infantile and stupid to be called irresponsible. This is movie as momumental heavy metal song with punkrock riffs thrown in for good measure. Expand
  94. DaveB.
    Feb 25, 2004
    Still one the best movies of the 90's. period.
  95. TylerD.
    May 22, 2004
    The Best Film EVER! 10++
  96. IlirC.
    Jul 30, 2006
    overall a well directed film with a great plot...the idotswho are making this film look like its a god because its "different" just soundlike fools.
  97. JimB.
    Feb 27, 2007
    One of the greatest movies of all times. Connects with the viewer on a political, moral, romantic, personal, and work ethical level.
  98. Charlie
    Mar 7, 2007
    Very fun to watch nortons materialistic character have some real sense bashed into him, recommended for every type of person out there for its real message.

Despite terrific comic acting...and an atomic first hour, Fight Club makes a few wrong turns and ends up lost itself.
  2. This exercise in mainstream masochism, macho posturing, and designer-grunge fascism is borderline ridiculous. But it also happens to be David Fincher's richest movie.
    But the second act is pandering and the third is trickery, and whatever Fincher thinks the message is, that's not what most audience members will get.