4.7

1. Jun 13, 2014
    I didn't expect to enjoy this film, but I did. Not the predictable storyline, but the characters. I actually enjoyed the way every one of the actors played their parts - and that's not something you can say of many movies. I'm sure the director can take a lot of the credit for the way the nuanced performances made a quite enjoyable film from what was probably a terrible script, but I still liked all the characters, right down to the love interests' elderly relation. This is a bad movie made into an enjoyable one by the people who made it. Expand
  2. Mar 20, 2012
    Unwatchable. Bad story, bad acting, bad fight corry. I knew it was time to stop watching when I caught myself reading something else with the movie going in the background.
  3. Jul 24, 2011
    Fighting is a film that tries desperately to be relevant in any way, but it is only a weak action film punctuated by some good ideas in the script. The film tells the story of Shawn MacArthur, a young man lost in life after a fight in a square is contacted by an agent that helps him making money in illegal fights.
    With an outcome of the head just wrong (as The Man Who Copied, for example),
    Fighting is a film that shows that the end had interesting characters and was supposed to be a good movie, and itâ Expand

1. Reviewed by: Scott Foundas
    The movie never works up a pulpy head of steam. It's like an exploitation movie that thinks it's an art movie, only there's no art to be found.
  2. Reviewed by: Adam Markovitz
    Murderously dull stretches of dialogue suck most of the fun out of this sloppy drama.
  3. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    For all the utter phoniness of Fighting -- the cockeyed, faux-verite shooting, the lurches in storytelling, the lack of character development, a contrived crisis between Shawn and his would-be girlfriend Zulay and Tatum's dopey-charming thing--Fighting's not so bad.