Filth and Wisdom

5.5

1. EdA.
    Nov 11, 2008
    As a seasoned movie goer, I have seem some schmuck before, but this film was beyond the pale. I took my parents to see The Duchess, but we turned up 30 minutes late...the only other offering was a film called Filth and Wisdom. Sooooo....to cut a long story short, my Father (only 61) actually fell asleep 20 minutes in, about a third of the few people actually watching the film, walked out. As a seasoned movie goer, I have seem some schmuck before, but this film was beyond the pale. I took my parents to see The Duchess, but we turned up 30 minutes late...the only other offering was a film called Filth and Wisdom. Sooooo....to cut a long story short, my Father (only 61) actually fell asleep 20 minutes in, about a third of the few people actually watching the film, walked out. Plot...what plot? Dialogue....toe curlingly bad. Absolute nonsense and the biggest steaming pile of....drivel, that I have ever seen. With all the media intent on the forthcoming Ritchie zing bang...Madonna should focus on being a good Mother to her children. How the hell does she have any time for them!! As my Mother said when she read the paper announcing the Ritchie split....''So, she has fired him form the job of Husband?'' Hysterical. Collapse
  2. paddya
    Nov 11, 2008
    Absolute S**T. Really. Please, avoid this at all costs. The woman has as much celluloid creativity in her whole body that I have on my fingernail...and that's my LITTLE finger..nail. You can't outdo Guy here Madgonna, sorry...you lose. Read the Reviews...they suck...bad.

1. Ragged, uneven and potholed with some dire dialogue and performances.
    Ineptly written and helmed story of three Londoners, although quite bad, does have a few redeeming features.
    Madonna's mess of a movie grabs at the rub and rancor of multiculturalism, which it proceeds to squash into a litter of clich├ęs, or, more simply, insults.