5.9

1. Sep 22, 2011
    "Final Destination 3" is like "Final Destination", a movie where teenagers play around and foolishly die in preposterous methods. The only bad thing is, its bad.
  2. Sep 5, 2011
    So we have yet another installment of the uninteresting franchise (it's only my opinion, so you get my drift) and this is as good as the previous film, but that is not saying much.
  3. Aug 13, 2010
    Now, if you're expecting more than blood, gore and death from this third installment in the Final Destination saga and hope for something resembling a plot line, then stay out. You will be disappointed.

In all fair and vague shortness, Final Destination 3 is more or less the same as its predecessors. It is an expanded montage of elaborately staged and immaculately bloody deaths strung
    together by a simple and undemanding story line. Frankly speaking, the stars have not much to do other than stand and act scared - or disbelieving. Regardless, most of the actors did well, with leads Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Ryan Merriman and Kris Lemche standing out slightlier than the rest.

Similar to its antecedents, Final Destination 3 is about high-schooler Wendy Christensen (portrayed adequately by Mary Elizabeth Winstead) receiving a premonition of the ill-fated rollercoaster ride in which she is on board. She panics and manages to save herself and a bunch of her friends (or more appropriately, entrees in Death's wish list), but soonafter realizes that Death's in the market for tying up loose ends.

If you've decided to give this film a try, then come in with an open mind and just expect fun. Leave your brains at the door, and anticipate gallons of strawberry, juice and banana (creatively mixed up to produce a simulation of blood and bone marrows) to come shooting out of the screen.

To grade a film like this, you have to evaluate the atristry of its death sequences, review the mock build up of suspense preceding a death sequence and diagnose the level of bone-chilling each death sequence brings to the table. In short, Final Destination 3 is all about the death sequences. And, suffice it to say, the film succeeds in every level while doing so.

Look pass the plot holes gargantuan enough for a train to barrel through. Ignore the poor screen-writing abilities of James Wong, chock-full of dialogues to bury, witty one-liners that never succeeds to pass off as witty one-liners and one or two exchanges so tacky and cliched until it makes you want to punch nails into your ears. Pay no attention to the strong lack of sturdy character development, or the lack of any kind of sturdy characters for that matter. Do all this, and you might just have a good time.

For what it's worth, James Wong tries, but still, the sub-plots about the 'Pictures which Tell the Future' and 'The Search for the Two Unknown Ride Attendees' does not add anything new to the table, and instead, turns out to be very predictable and foreseeable. Without wanting to reveal too much, I just have this to say: If you want your audience to be surprised by the plot twist, make sure you have a couple of red herrings ready. Introduce characters who have decent amount of screentime to pose as the possible potential victims, but not too much as to steal the limelight from any of the ten main stars.

Nevertheless, as aforementioned, Final Destination 3 is a movie whose sole purpose is to entertain and delight twisted, sadistic fans by introducing new and improved ways to kill off characters who merits their deaths. And, for that, it passed.

Verdict:
    Those who just expect a good time will find this immaculately bloody film to be fulfilling, to say the least. Those who expect more will be dismayed. Nevertheless, the film hits the targets its supposed to, and that adds up to a good, enjoyable thriller perfect for movie night.
  4. Aug 22, 2010
    Almost the perfect Final Destination series in all, effects are awesome. Actors in the movie are natural. The roller coaster deaths are very brutal that makes the movie a perfect horror movie. It does manage the formula of horrors with brutal or gory deaths. It does good. I hope the Final Destination 5 makes an another perfect formulatic horror movie.
  5. May 13, 2011
    This movie was slightly better than FD2. But it still was exactly perfect but it was better than the previous film. I gave it a 6 out of 10 because it could have been better but wasn't horrible
  6. Jun 13, 2011
    Final Destination 3 is the best film of the franchise because of the cast's acting ability. "The Scream Queen" Mary Elizabeth Winstead gave another good performance, but the movie itself is predictable, bloody, but not scary as usual.
  7. Jul 20, 2011
    Is by far the best of three, definitely. But I noticed some errors in the script, you know, there is a gap between two shots, as if the film had two rhythms, but this undermines the quality. I liked it, and I think the best I've seen. Not that the others are bad, but this is very good. If it had been closed here, this franchise would still have dignity, and unfortunately they decided to appeal to Part 4 and 5, probably soon they'll announce the 6th. Expand
  8. Sep 4, 2011
    The franchise is getting a little tiresome by this point. Scream queen Mary Winstead does a passable job as the lead (but go see her in Scott Pilgrim, that's much better), but after a while the film gets a little too predictable and a lot less interesting.
  9. Nov 3, 2011
    Being a fan of the movies myself, I like this one. For those of you who are not familiar with Final Destination movies, someone has a vision about a freak accident. They then try and avoid it. However the people who avoid it, deaths hunts them down. It's a good movie. It's not so much a horror as it isn't scary, but it can slip into that category. Lot's of blood and gore and a fast going movie.
  10. Nov 6, 2011
    Not bad. Better than the previous movie. I liked the rollercoaster scene and how they actually put some thoughts into creating inventive deaths for each character. Winstead's acting is very impressive and believable and did the best lead role out of the first 3.
  11. Apr 7, 2012
    Final Destination 3 is sickening, not only from the deaths but also from the acting and writing. The movie is far lazier in coming up with different kind of deaths. A pretty bad movie all around.
  12. May 5, 2012
    It probably doesn't do much different from the previous ones, but Final Destination 3 has a few cool moments. Don't expect a lot of character development though.
  13. Nov 3, 2013
    James Wong, director of the first film, returns to direct "Final Destination 3". It's an improvement over the second film, but it's still pretty bad. All we're getting here are new gory deaths since we already know that everyone is going to die eventually.
  14. Aug 14, 2012
    Surely the best of the saga, a great horror movie, with characters engaging and creative story, everything in this film is captivating, the deaths are not exaggerated or absurd, engaging from beginning to end.
  15. Feb 11, 2013
    Better than the second just behind the first but its an improvement on #2 which I was pleased about! Characters are more likeable and bringing in something as entertaining as a roller-coaster for the main death scene was perfect. The corny factor is still there, and it will never leave, but it has certainly been toned down here. This was originally my favourite of the series and its easy to see why, but now it sits comfortably in the middle of the pack, but still a great and entertaining film! Expand
  16. Mar 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The opening scene was awesome and original. The only problem is the biggest problem though. The story went the exact same direction as the first two. Premonition, deaths, more deaths, bad ending and they all die. Not to mention that there's zero character development so you don't care about any of the characters. Typical, typical, typical. Expand
  17. Jun 16, 2013
    Very predictable when it comes to who dies next and the plot is exactly the same as the other 2 films. Someone gets a vision of a ton of people dying, Convinces a few to stay with him/her, the event happens, and they are picked off one by one through out the film. I liked the first few death scenes because there were actually quite scary, Even had me on my seat to see how they played out and they played out rather well, The rest of the death scenes sucked though and weren't as good nor as scary. The acting is average, Not good but it's not bad either, Enough to carry the film and make it watchable.

Would I say it's better then the first two films? No but it wasn't that bad of a movie. I'd recommend giving it a chance if you are a fan of the first two.
  18. Dec 23, 2013
    After a great first two movies, we are presented with Final Destination 3, which has more crazy deaths and more funny acting, This has one of the best death scenes, being the one in the tanning salon, and also has one of the coolest opening death scenes, the notorious roller coaster crash. This is a cool movie, but isn't as good as the first two. Fun film. 6/10
  19. Feb 22, 2014
    It may be my love of rollercoasters, but I love this film. I prefer the idea of pictures hinting deaths than the visions in 4 or the newspaper hint in 1.
  20. Mar 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This plot in particular had caught my interst, because of the surpering of the way the story plays out. For example at the end of the film the main character (Wendy Christensen) has a premonition that the train derails and everyone on board dies. Which later turns out to come ture. I find the whole movie to be very intersting Expand
  21. May 14, 2014
    THis one is by far the best.Better deaths more characters and the acting is the best.Final destination is just perfect except for the story because it's always the same.
  22. Jun 9, 2014
    Consensus: Violent, bold and well acted. Final Destination 3 is a decent entry into the franchise despite its predictable narrative, some stupid scenes and brainless characters. 67/100 [B-]

I've seen this film more than 10 times, maybe more and what i really like of this film is the direction, James Wong has talent, he creates disruptive and extremely violent situations. The acting is
    pretty good, spotlight here to Mary Elizabeth Winsted (i have a crush on her, she's pretty and talented) she's definitely the best actress in the film and her acting helps a lot, without her this film is utterly crap.

The deaths are clever and scary, Final Destination 3 works on every level, works as a comedy, works as a horror film, etc. It's a very stupid and brainless film i know, but i really don't care, the film is very entertaining and scary or maybe i need to watch more horror films (though I've seen almost all), Final Destination was one of my favorite horror films when i was a child, and even now these days i still love it!. My review may be confusing for some people, is it good? or is it bad?, OK, for me this was good, very scary but silly sometimes, but overall it's good.

The director of this film has mental problems i know, but i think that he just made a little underrated classic for me. Well executed and a bit predictable. The ending is unnerving, sad and thrilling as hell. Maybe the characters are stupid, cliché and brainless, but i think that they are smart enough to give them a pass. [B-] Visit my blog: www.memobosque.blogspot.mx Twitter: @MemoBosque
  23. Jun 21, 2014
    I am a fan of violence but not a fan of horror so I enjoyed some of it and didn't enjoy some of this movie. I found a lot of scenes to be really stupid and dumb. And the acting was not very good at all. When it came to some of the deaths it was really gory which I enjoy but a movie as a whole it was not very enjoyable.

Rote sequel that surely no one was waiting for: Like the serially thwarted Death (the only "character" to return from the first two Final Destination movies), audiences are required to endure banal exposition and junior-high-level foreshadowing before being treated to the nauseatingly detailed scenes of CGI slaughter.
    Fans of the genre might appreciate the decidedly R-rated violence and nudity, but that's really all the film has to offer.
  3. What makes all of this ''fun,'' instead of dark or threatening, is that the victim was an idiot who leered at the class teases with horny glee.