New Line Cinema | Release Date: February 10, 2006
6.0
Mixed or average reviews based on 203 Ratings
WATCH NOW
iamkhenzpolenioAug 22, 2010
Almost the perfect Final Destination series in all, effects are awesome. Actors in the movie are natural. The roller coaster deaths are very brutal that makes the movie a perfect horror movie. It does manage the formula of horrors with brutalAlmost the perfect Final Destination series in all, effects are awesome. Actors in the movie are natural. The roller coaster deaths are very brutal that makes the movie a perfect horror movie. It does manage the formula of horrors with brutal or gory deaths. It does good. I hope the Final Destination 5 makes an another perfect formulatic horror movie. Expand
Zanessa250QIJul 13, 2015
....................................................................................................................................................extremo
[Anonymous]Dec 2, 2007
Is this movie good? No. Is this movie entertaining? Hell ya. Its great to get a break from the crappy depressing horror films like Saw and Hostel. The thing that works for this movie is that you want to see the characters die.
KatSNov 5, 2008
It is an AMAZING film and I was left wanting more, you may say its cheezy but thats one of the great aspects of it. I also love how they use the same song when something bad is going to happen to Wendy.
DAVIDW.Feb 10, 2006
Better than the second film. It starts off with chilling suspense then goes all stupidly & horrificly predictable. You won't want to ride a rollercoaster for a while.
JesseM.Feb 10, 2006
The movie itself was really good. Special effects were good, acting was decent, parts were 'over acted'. Plots of the deaths were awesome. Just a really good gory movie.
JackS.Feb 11, 2006
I found FD3 was actually more of a comedy than the straight horror flick. I loved the Ashley and Ashlynn roles they added real life humor to the plot. The young cast was a refreshing addition to sequel.
RupertM.Feb 11, 2006
I thought it was clever and really quite amusing. My date was scared silly - and loved it.
CalebC.Feb 11, 2006
Best horror film so far this year.
JohnnyJ.Feb 12, 2006
Somewhat rushed, going from death to death without really tying much together, this movie still takes the audience through a wide range of spooky thrills and chills. I liked it. Be safe on your drive home from the theater...
shschFeb 13, 2006
This is one of those horror films where there are equal parts campiness and horror; here the horror being tied to bloody "accidental deaths." There is no real bad guy creepiness such as the fear of an unknown stalker, but rather just the This is one of those horror films where there are equal parts campiness and horror; here the horror being tied to bloody "accidental deaths." There is no real bad guy creepiness such as the fear of an unknown stalker, but rather just the omen of death as the apparent predestination dictates the next stereotyped victim to die. Perhaps a bit too graphic at times, but I think the movie hits its mark as a well-constructed scary entertainment: just sit back, accept the movies' logic, and watch silly teenagers meet their unfortunate demise. Expand
DavyP.Feb 13, 2006
This film is unreal! It is the bet out of the 3!! The roller coaster scene is leahal and there is great gore scenes! the film is tense all the way through I LOVED IT!
AlejandroR.Feb 18, 2006
From the perspective of someone who has never seen part 1 or 2, this move is really good. The deaths are unpredictable for the most part. What stopped this movie from getting a 9 or 10 is the ending, which wasn't so great.
ThorneC.Feb 24, 2006
the movie was really great it wa really thrilling i had to go to the bathroom at least 6 times my head was going in circles the movie was jus perfect best scary movie this year.
AnonymousXFeb 25, 2006
The deaths were gruesome and horrifying. i couldnt keep my eyes open during some of them. the roller coaster scene was rushed and confusing, but it started with a very creepy part with the tower shooting ride. all deaths were pretty well setThe deaths were gruesome and horrifying. i couldnt keep my eyes open during some of them. the roller coaster scene was rushed and confusing, but it started with a very creepy part with the tower shooting ride. all deaths were pretty well set up (in my opinion), but some were just rushed and didnt make much sense. some i thought could never possibly happen, like the dude in the fitness place and the sign at the end, but all the others seemed like they could actually happen in real life. the final scene with the train was interesting, but how it went from sheer horror to an electronic version of "love train" was hilarious in my opinion. its a thrilling ride from beginning to end. i was guessing the next death each time! Expand
JessicahC.Feb 26, 2006
It turned out to be better than I thought. Since it had no original cast in it. I loved the death scenes too!!! If you like 1 or 2. You'll definitely enjoy this one.
MattD.Feb 28, 2006
This movie is a lot of fun and much better than part 2.
ChadS.Mar 18, 2006
"Final Destination 3" might be just another dead teenager movie, and yet the manner in which each young person gets eviscerated is reasonably inventive, and gory, but satisfingly so. It doesn't have the self-awareness of the "Scream" "Final Destination 3" might be just another dead teenager movie, and yet the manner in which each young person gets eviscerated is reasonably inventive, and gory, but satisfingly so. It doesn't have the self-awareness of the "Scream" movies, or the creepy realism of "Saw". "Final Destination 3" is something of a comedy. You're already laughing during that interval when Wendy(Mary Elizabeth Winstead) shows up to "warn" the next kid slated for death. Since she has a flair for seeing the future, maybe the film is unaware that our heroine might be unconsciously killing everyone through telekinesis. The sequence at the amusement park is very exciting. Expand
wongitJul 26, 2006
Fun. another good FD movie where you dont have to think a whole lot or anything, just sit back and jump and laugh at the stupid things that happen. Great.
JovannyC.Aug 6, 2006
I give 10 points to the guy who complained "it wasn't at all realistic." Funniest (albeit most ridiculous) thing ive ever read in my life.
WesleyE.Aug 7, 2006
Final Destination 3 proves that movies don't have to be intelligent or innovative to remain fun. I'll take this goofy, sadistic, ultra-gory glee over a long, impressive drama like Capote any day of the week. I go to movies to be Final Destination 3 proves that movies don't have to be intelligent or innovative to remain fun. I'll take this goofy, sadistic, ultra-gory glee over a long, impressive drama like Capote any day of the week. I go to movies to be entertained, and FD3 delivers far more than I expected, and then some. Expect to laugh with serious vigor after a scene involving a strategically-placed falling cherry-picker. Expand
AlecB.Aug 16, 2006
awesome movie to just sit in the theater and see people constantly get whacked by things that would never happen like the tanning place with the board but these movies are never supposed to have a plot or be any good but i gave it a 9 awesome movie to just sit in the theater and see people constantly get whacked by things that would never happen like the tanning place with the board but these movies are never supposed to have a plot or be any good but i gave it a 9 because it was a funny hour and half movie of people getting dismembered. Expand
MarisolP.Aug 29, 2006
This was a great movie. A unique one. Makes it seem so real that when I first saw it I was kind of freaked out. But wow...great job! I love this movie soo much that I own it.
VivianP.Aug 29, 2006
Well what can I say!! Wow!! Magnificent movie. I own this movie on dvd. This is the perfect movie of drama, horror, and mystery that I like to see. No other movie has this good than Final Destination 3. Honestly Final Destination 3 is much Well what can I say!! Wow!! Magnificent movie. I own this movie on dvd. This is the perfect movie of drama, horror, and mystery that I like to see. No other movie has this good than Final Destination 3. Honestly Final Destination 3 is much better than Final Destination and Final Destination 2. I love this movie. Expand
LaurenN.Oct 11, 2006
[***SPOILERS***] I liked this movie a lot, but I just can
CandaceC.Mar 20, 2007
This was a great movie. Very entertaining with great characters. It's the best of the series. I recommend this to everybody who wants a fun ride of thrills!
FitriAmirrolAug 13, 2010
Now, if you're expecting more than blood, gore and death from this third installment in the Final Destination saga and hope for something resembling a plot line, then stay out. You will be disappointed.

In all fair and vague shortness, Final

In all fair and vague shortness, Final Destination 3 is more or less the same as its predecessors. It is an expanded montage of elaborately staged and immaculately bloody deaths strung together by a simple and undemanding story line. Frankly speaking, the stars have not much to do other than stand and act scared - or disbelieving. Regardless, most of the actors did well, with leads Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Ryan Merriman and Kris Lemche standing out slightlier than the rest.

Similar to its antecedents, Final Destination 3 is about high-schooler Wendy Christensen (portrayed adequately by Mary Elizabeth Winstead) receiving a premonition of the ill-fated rollercoaster ride in which she is on board. She panics and manages to save herself and a bunch of her friends (or more appropriately, entrees in Death's wish list), but soonafter realizes that Death's in the market for tying up loose ends.

If you've decided to give this film a try, then come in with an open mind and just expect fun. Leave your brains at the door, and anticipate gallons of strawberry, juice and banana (creatively mixed up to produce a simulation of blood and bone marrows) to come shooting out of the screen.

To grade a film like this, you have to evaluate the atristry of its death sequences, review the mock build up of suspense preceding a death sequence and diagnose the level of bone-chilling each death sequence brings to the table. In short, Final Destination 3 is all about the death sequences. And, suffice it to say, the film succeeds in every level while doing so.

Look pass the plot holes gargantuan enough for a train to barrel through. Ignore the poor screen-writing abilities of James Wong, chock-full of dialogues to bury, witty one-liners that never succeeds to pass off as witty one-liners and one or two exchanges so tacky and cliched until it makes you want to punch nails into your ears. Pay no attention to the strong lack of sturdy character development, or the lack of any kind of sturdy characters for that matter. Do all this, and you might just have a good time.

For what it's worth, James Wong tries, but still, the sub-plots about the 'Pictures which Tell the Future' and 'The Search for the Two Unknown Ride Attendees' does not add anything new to the table, and instead, turns out to be very predictable and foreseeable. Without wanting to reveal too much, I just have this to say: If you want your audience to be surprised by the plot twist, make sure you have a couple of red herrings ready. Introduce characters who have decent amount of screentime to pose as the possible potential victims, but not too much as to steal the limelight from any of the ten main stars.

Nevertheless, as aforementioned, Final Destination 3 is a movie whose sole purpose is to entertain and delight twisted, sadistic fans by introducing new and improved ways to kill off characters who merits their deaths. And, for that, it passed.

Verdict:
Those who just expect a good time will find this immaculately bloody film to be fulfilling, to say the least. Those who expect more will be dismayed. Nevertheless, the film hits the targets its supposed to, and that adds up to a good, enjoyable thriller perfect for movie night.
MediaCriticNov 3, 2011
Being a fan of the movies myself, I like this one. For those of you who are not familiar with Final Destination movies, someone has a vision about a freak accident. They then try and avoid it. However the people who avoid it, deaths huntsBeing a fan of the movies myself, I like this one. For those of you who are not familiar with Final Destination movies, someone has a vision about a freak accident. They then try and avoid it. However the people who avoid it, deaths hunts them down. It's a good movie. It's not so much a horror as it isn't scary, but it can slip into that category. Lot's of blood and gore and a fast going movie. Expand
VRossiNov 6, 2011
Not bad. Better than the previous movie. I liked the rollercoaster scene and how they actually put some thoughts into creating inventive deaths for each character. Winstead's acting is very impressive and believable and did the best lead roleNot bad. Better than the previous movie. I liked the rollercoaster scene and how they actually put some thoughts into creating inventive deaths for each character. Winstead's acting is very impressive and believable and did the best lead role out of the first 3. Expand
vini1904Aug 14, 2012
Surely the best of the saga, a great horror movie, with characters engaging and creative story, everything in this film is captivating, the deaths are not exaggerated or absurd, engaging from beginning to end.
survivorfan989Feb 11, 2013
Better than the second just behind the first but its an improvement on #2 which I was pleased about! Characters are more likeable and bringing in something as entertaining as a roller-coaster for the main death scene was perfect. The cornyBetter than the second just behind the first but its an improvement on #2 which I was pleased about! Characters are more likeable and bringing in something as entertaining as a roller-coaster for the main death scene was perfect. The corny factor is still there, and it will never leave, but it has certainly been toned down here. This was originally my favourite of the series and its easy to see why, but now it sits comfortably in the middle of the pack, but still a great and entertaining film! Expand
PolisKaninFeb 22, 2014
It may be my love of rollercoasters, but I love this film. I prefer the idea of pictures hinting deaths than the visions in 4 or the newspaper hint in 1.
zodeksmithMar 19, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This plot in particular had caught my interst, because of the surpering of the way the story plays out. For example at the end of the film the main character (Wendy Christensen) has a premonition that the train derails and everyone on board dies. Which later turns out to come ture. I find the whole movie to be very intersting Expand
Meth-dudeMay 14, 2014
THis one is by far the best.Better deaths more characters and the acting is the best.Final destination is just perfect except for the story because it's always the same.
LoRevisorJan 8, 2015
Essa é a uma rara franquia que a cada filme melhora apesar que não começou tão bem Final Destination 5/10 Final Destination 2 6/10.
E o excelente 3 9/10,Com uma super interpretação da gostosa Mary Elizabeth Winstead,A Excelente cena de nudez dos belos e deliciosos peitões de Chelan Simmons e Crystal Lowe. E Etc...
PanchogulDec 26, 2015
Till this one these movies was quite well, this one would be the most creative of them all, specially the tanning scene with the two girls, one of the most creative deaths so far.
JSpice50Jul 13, 2016
The first two Final Destinations were suspenseful,dark,and yet,fun.Same as this one,although it is quite generic and has almost no plot,but unlike the fourth movie(sorry for bashing it so much in these reviews),it's good.

PROS: *Great

PROS:
*Great deaths
*Some characters are likable/interesting
*Though not as much as the first two,still suspenseful
*Premonition
*The climax
*The ending
*The "Thrill Ride Edition" of this movie is fantastic
*The effects
*The whole thing with the pictures

CONS:
*Too generic and bland
*Most characters you don't care about
*Barely connects to the previous movies