Final Destination 3

6.0

1. Dec 26, 2015
    Till this one these movies was quite well, this one would be the most creative of them all, specially the tanning scene with the two girls, one of the most creative deaths so far.
  2. Jul 21, 2015
    I have not seen the second but the third desconvencido that the roller coaster of good luck did not run I will not be so smug but all movies Final Destination is always with the same argument as always. One has a vision in which all die, then the order of those who died die in a different way (which is good argument ) then the last surviving are saved and later die What kind of argument is this ?
  3. Jul 13, 2015
    ....................................................................................................................................................extremo
  4. Jul 6, 2015
    Final Destination 3 doesn't add anything new to the series, it is a movie that really does not need to happen. The first two films were a little bit less predictable but the third film follows the same formula only the effects are not as exciting as the first two movies so the movie isn't as fun. The acting is just average as well. There is still some points of this film that can beFinal Destination 3 doesn't add anything new to the series, it is a movie that really does not need to happen. The first two films were a little bit less predictable but the third film follows the same formula only the effects are not as exciting as the first two movies so the movie isn't as fun. The acting is just average as well. There is still some points of this film that can be enjoyed and if you like the rest of the franchise chances are you will find some enjoyment with Final Destination 3 Expand
  5. Apr 17, 2015
    I liked the first 3 movies of this series, there happen' all the crazyies thinks that you can't even imagine. And the deaths... I like it.............
  6. Jan 8, 2015
    Essa é a uma rara franquia que a cada filme melhora apesar que não começou tão bem Final Destination 5/10 Final Destination 2 6/10.
    E o excelente 3 9/10,Com uma super interpretação da gostosa Mary Elizabeth Winstead,A Excelente cena de nudez dos belos e deliciosos peitões de Chelan Simmons e Crystal Lowe. E Etc...
  7. Dec 8, 2014
    Final Destination 3 is a good thriller and horror movie. Rather than using jump scares, it makes you feel disturbed after watching the movie by giving you the impression you could die anytime. However, the ending was not so good as there were no survivors.
  8. Jun 21, 2014
    I am a fan of violence but not a fan of horror so I enjoyed some of it and didn't enjoy some of this movie. I found a lot of scenes to be really stupid and dumb. And the acting was not very good at all. When it came to some of the deaths it was really gory which I enjoy but a movie as a whole it was not very enjoyable.
  9. May 14, 2014
    THis one is by far the best.Better deaths more characters and the acting is the best.Final destination is just perfect except for the story because it's always the same.
  10. Mar 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This plot in particular had caught my interst, because of the surpering of the way the story plays out. For example at the end of the film the main character (Wendy Christensen) has a premonition that the train derails and everyone on board dies. Which later turns out to come ture. I find the whole movie to be very intersting Expand
  11. Feb 22, 2014
    It may be my love of rollercoasters, but I love this film. I prefer the idea of pictures hinting deaths than the visions in 4 or the newspaper hint in 1.
  12. Dec 23, 2013
    After a great first two movies, we are presented with Final Destination 3, which has more crazy deaths and more funny acting, This has one of the best death scenes, being the one in the tanning salon, and also has one of the coolest opening death scenes, the notorious roller coaster crash. This is a cool movie, but isn't as good as the first two. Fun film. 6/10
  13. Nov 3, 2013
    James Wong, director of the first film, returns to direct "Final Destination 3". It's an improvement over the second film, but it's still pretty bad. All we're getting here are new gory deaths since we already know that everyone is going to die eventually.
  14. Jun 16, 2013
    Very predictable when it comes to who dies next and the plot is exactly the same as the other 2 films. Someone gets a vision of a ton of people dying, Convinces a few to stay with him/her, the event happens, and they are picked off one by one through out the film. I liked the first few death scenes because there were actually quite scary, Even had me on my seat to see how they played outVery predictable when it comes to who dies next and the plot is exactly the same as the other 2 films. Someone gets a vision of a ton of people dying, Convinces a few to stay with him/her, the event happens, and they are picked off one by one through out the film. I liked the first few death scenes because there were actually quite scary, Even had me on my seat to see how they played out and they played out rather well, The rest of the death scenes sucked though and weren't as good nor as scary. The acting is average, Not good but it's not bad either, Enough to carry the film and make it watchable.

Would I say it's better then the first two films? No but it wasn't that bad of a movie. I'd recommend giving it a chance if you are a fan of the first two.
  15. Mar 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The opening scene was awesome and original. The only problem is the biggest problem though. The story went the exact same direction as the first two. Premonition, deaths, more deaths, bad ending and they all die. Not to mention that there's zero character development so you don't care about any of the characters. Typical, typical, typical. Expand
  16. Feb 11, 2013
    Better than the second just behind the first but its an improvement on #2 which I was pleased about! Characters are more likeable and bringing in something as entertaining as a roller-coaster for the main death scene was perfect. The corny factor is still there, and it will never leave, but it has certainly been toned down here. This was originally my favourite of the series and its easyBetter than the second just behind the first but its an improvement on #2 which I was pleased about! Characters are more likeable and bringing in something as entertaining as a roller-coaster for the main death scene was perfect. The corny factor is still there, and it will never leave, but it has certainly been toned down here. This was originally my favourite of the series and its easy to see why, but now it sits comfortably in the middle of the pack, but still a great and entertaining film! Expand
  17. Aug 14, 2012
    Surely the best of the saga, a great horror movie, with characters engaging and creative story, everything in this film is captivating, the deaths are not exaggerated or absurd, engaging from beginning to end.
  18. May 5, 2012
    It probably doesn't do much different from the previous ones, but Final Destination 3 has a few cool moments. Don't expect a lot of character development though.
  19. Apr 7, 2012
    Final Destination 3 is sickening, not only from the deaths but also from the acting and writing. The movie is far lazier in coming up with different kind of deaths. A pretty bad movie all around.
  20. Nov 6, 2011
    Not bad. Better than the previous movie. I liked the rollercoaster scene and how they actually put some thoughts into creating inventive deaths for each character. Winstead's acting is very impressive and believable and did the best lead role out of the first 3.
  21. Nov 3, 2011
    Being a fan of the movies myself, I like this one. For those of you who are not familiar with Final Destination movies, someone has a vision about a freak accident. They then try and avoid it. However the people who avoid it, deaths hunts them down. It's a good movie. It's not so much a horror as it isn't scary, but it can slip into that category. Lot's of blood and gore and a fast going movie.
  22. Sep 22, 2011
    "Final Destination 3" is like "Final Destination", a movie where teenagers play around and foolishly die in preposterous methods. The only bad thing is, its bad.
  23. Sep 5, 2011
    So we have yet another installment of the uninteresting franchise (it's only my opinion, so you get my drift) and this is as good as the previous film, but that is not saying much.
  24. Sep 4, 2011
    The franchise is getting a little tiresome by this point. Scream queen Mary Winstead does a passable job as the lead (but go see her in Scott Pilgrim, that's much better), but after a while the film gets a little too predictable and a lot less interesting.
  25. Jul 20, 2011
    Is by far the best of three, definitely. But I noticed some errors in the script, you know, there is a gap between two shots, as if the film had two rhythms, but this undermines the quality. I liked it, and I think the best I've seen. Not that the others are bad, but this is very good. If it had been closed here, this franchise would still have dignity, and unfortunately they decided toIs by far the best of three, definitely. But I noticed some errors in the script, you know, there is a gap between two shots, as if the film had two rhythms, but this undermines the quality. I liked it, and I think the best I've seen. Not that the others are bad, but this is very good. If it had been closed here, this franchise would still have dignity, and unfortunately they decided to appeal to Part 4 and 5, probably soon they'll announce the 6th. Expand
  26. Jun 13, 2011
    Final Destination 3 is the best film of the franchise because of the cast's acting ability. "The Scream Queen" Mary Elizabeth Winstead gave another good performance, but the movie itself is predictable, bloody, but not scary as usual.
  27. May 13, 2011
    This movie was slightly better than FD2. But it still was exactly perfect but it was better than the previous film. I gave it a 6 out of 10 because it could have been better but wasn't horrible
  28. Aug 22, 2010
    Almost the perfect Final Destination series in all, effects are awesome. Actors in the movie are natural. The roller coaster deaths are very brutal that makes the movie a perfect horror movie. It does manage the formula of horrors with brutal or gory deaths. It does good. I hope the Final Destination 5 makes an another perfect formulatic horror movie.
  29. Aug 13, 2010
    Now, if you're expecting more than blood, gore and death from this third installment in the Final Destination saga and hope for something resembling a plot line, then stay out. You will be disappointed.

In all fair and vague shortness, Final Destination 3 is more or less the same as its predecessors. It is an expanded montage of elaborately staged and immaculately bloody deaths strung together by a simple and undemanding story line. Frankly speaking, the stars have not much to do other than stand and act scared - or disbelieving. Regardless, most of the actors did well, with leads Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Ryan Merriman and Kris Lemche standing out slightlier than the rest.

Similar to its antecedents, Final Destination 3 is about high-schooler Wendy Christensen (portrayed adequately by Mary Elizabeth Winstead) receiving a premonition of the ill-fated rollercoaster ride in which she is on board. She panics and manages to save herself and a bunch of her friends (or more appropriately, entrees in Death's wish list), but soonafter realizes that Death's in the market for tying up loose ends.

If you've decided to give this film a try, then come in with an open mind and just expect fun. Leave your brains at the door, and anticipate gallons of strawberry, juice and banana (creatively mixed up to produce a simulation of blood and bone marrows) to come shooting out of the screen.

To grade a film like this, you have to evaluate the atristry of its death sequences, review the mock build up of suspense preceding a death sequence and diagnose the level of bone-chilling each death sequence brings to the table. In short, Final Destination 3 is all about the death sequences. And, suffice it to say, the film succeeds in every level while doing so.

Look pass the plot holes gargantuan enough for a train to barrel through. Ignore the poor screen-writing abilities of James Wong, chock-full of dialogues to bury, witty one-liners that never succeeds to pass off as witty one-liners and one or two exchanges so tacky and cliched until it makes you want to punch nails into your ears. Pay no attention to the strong lack of sturdy character development, or the lack of any kind of sturdy characters for that matter. Do all this, and you might just have a good time.

For what it's worth, James Wong tries, but still, the sub-plots about the 'Pictures which Tell the Future' and 'The Search for the Two Unknown Ride Attendees' does not add anything new to the table, and instead, turns out to be very predictable and foreseeable. Without wanting to reveal too much, I just have this to say: If you want your audience to be surprised by the plot twist, make sure you have a couple of red herrings ready. Introduce characters who have decent amount of screentime to pose as the possible potential victims, but not too much as to steal the limelight from any of the ten main stars.

Nevertheless, as aforementioned, Final Destination 3 is a movie whose sole purpose is to entertain and delight twisted, sadistic fans by introducing new and improved ways to kill off characters who merits their deaths. And, for that, it passed.

Verdict:
    Those who just expect a good time will find this immaculately bloody film to be fulfilling, to say the least. Those who expect more will be dismayed. Nevertheless, the film hits the targets its supposed to, and that adds up to a good, enjoyable thriller perfect for movie night.
  30. MariaA
    Aug 30, 2009
    Well the 3D part was OK...only some parts of the movie were 3D. Other than it being 3D there was nothing in this movie that we have not seen in every other Final Destination. The plot in the other once were more intense, and it kept you wondering what was going to happen. This one you know whats going to happen. He has a dream of people dying, wakes up freaks out people survive, they Well the 3D part was OK...only some parts of the movie were 3D. Other than it being 3D there was nothing in this movie that we have not seen in every other Final Destination. The plot in the other once were more intense, and it kept you wondering what was going to happen. This one you know whats going to happen. He has a dream of people dying, wakes up freaks out people survive, they start dying in order. Please make a final destination with a twist. Its like they made this movie thinking no one had ever seen final destination, or hoping we would be so stupid we would not remember that this movie is just like the other ones. Overall this is not worth spending your money. In my case $22 USD. Expand
  31. peterr
    Aug 30, 2009
    Worst film in the franchise. In between the death scenes, there was no suspense, tension or atmosphere. The dialogue was weak & there was no dimension to the characters. No character seem affected about the gory deaths they witnessed. Other than the deaths, this film provided no storyline. FD1 & 2 were good, FD3 died!
  32. JoshuaH
    Mar 12, 2009
    This is NOT a good movie no matter how you look at it although given what it's supposed to be (a mindless splatter movie) it entertains and leaves you in suspense here and then.the problems mainly lye with the character development and the acting.It doesn't even attempt to make you care for these charachters and the acting is less than passable.The dialogue lacks and the script This is NOT a good movie no matter how you look at it although given what it's supposed to be (a mindless splatter movie) it entertains and leaves you in suspense here and then.the problems mainly lye with the character development and the acting.It doesn't even attempt to make you care for these charachters and the acting is less than passable.The dialogue lacks and the script is a poorly written one but in the end you can't help but love the death scenes. Expand
  33. KatS
    Nov 5, 2008
    It is an AMAZING film and I was left wanting more, you may say its cheezy but thats one of the great aspects of it. I also love how they use the same song when something bad is going to happen to Wendy.
    Dec 2, 2007
    Is this movie good? No. Is this movie entertaining? Hell ya. Its great to get a break from the crappy depressing horror films like Saw and Hostel. The thing that works for this movie is that you want to see the characters die.
  35. CandaceC.
    Mar 20, 2007
    This was a great movie. Very entertaining with great characters. It's the best of the series. I recommend this to everybody who wants a fun ride of thrills!
  36. LaurenN.
    Oct 11, 2006
    [***SPOILERS***] I liked this movie a lot, but I just can
  37. KenD.
    Oct 6, 2006
    The main things I liked about the movie were the cast and the way everything played out. The movie had a good cast, and though I'm not a huge horror movie fan, I saw this one because something about it caught my attention. Though some of the deaths would most likely never happen. The one thing I really didn't like about this movie is that they leave a cliffhanger ending... you The main things I liked about the movie were the cast and the way everything played out. The movie had a good cast, and though I'm not a huge horror movie fan, I saw this one because something about it caught my attention. Though some of the deaths would most likely never happen. The one thing I really didn't like about this movie is that they leave a cliffhanger ending... you don't even know if Wendy, her sister, and Kevin are able to get off of the subway with her new friends. But I guess since it was moving, they probably don't, hence the line "This time death will finish them." The whole setup made this movie...different, at least you don't see a crazed lunatic going around causing gross deaths like other horror movies. Of course, I can now imagine some overactive kid(s) getting on board and pretending or hoping to have a premonition of a fatal rollercoaster ride just so they can cause a ruckus and see what really happens. Oh, well. Expand
  38. AmurabiM.
    Sep 14, 2006
    Everything is funny about this film: the idea, the premise, the filmmaking, the gore and the acting. Its the kind of film that exists just to be teased by critics and public. That could be good if the filmmakers put some fun in the making. In this case, all seems just replaced, recycled and too tired. But the funny premise of killing those stupid characters is more interesting for the Everything is funny about this film: the idea, the premise, the filmmaking, the gore and the acting. Its the kind of film that exists just to be teased by critics and public. That could be good if the filmmakers put some fun in the making. In this case, all seems just replaced, recycled and too tired. But the funny premise of killing those stupid characters is more interesting for the simple thing that here, everybody dies. Expand
  39. VivianP.
    Aug 29, 2006
    Well what can I say!! Wow!! Magnificent movie. I own this movie on dvd. This is the perfect movie of drama, horror, and mystery that I like to see. No other movie has this good than Final Destination 3. Honestly Final Destination 3 is much better than Final Destination and Final Destination 2. I love this movie.
  40. MarisolP.
    Aug 29, 2006
    This was a great movie. A unique one. Makes it seem so real that when I first saw it I was kind of freaked out. But wow...great job! I love this movie soo much that I own it.
  41. MartinA.
    Aug 21, 2006
    By far one of the worst movies i have ever seen. In all fairness, i knew it was going to be the worst movie i would ever see before i saw it. my only incentive to go see this abomination was the fact that my friend paid for it and had smoked me up before-hand (note to my fellow tokers, blazing before this movie does not help it in anyway, it just ruins your buzz...its that bad). This By far one of the worst movies i have ever seen. In all fairness, i knew it was going to be the worst movie i would ever see before i saw it. my only incentive to go see this abomination was the fact that my friend paid for it and had smoked me up before-hand (note to my fellow tokers, blazing before this movie does not help it in anyway, it just ruins your buzz...its that bad). This movie is just made for mindless barbarians who want to see people die in as many ways as possible, regardless of how little thought was put into the plot, seeing as how it was exactly the same as the last two: a few people escape death because some random highschool girl with no psychic history out of nowhere has a prophetic vision of them all dying, and surprise, surprise: now they all have to cheat death before death gets them! whoa! ...as someone also mentioned below..i thought it would be so stupid it would be funny...i was even high and it was no such thing....just rediculously stupid. Expand
  42. JamesJ.
    Aug 19, 2006
    What an appropriate title for this movie (Final Destination) I'll break it down into defitionitions... Final; - concluding: occurring at or forming an end or termination Destination; - finish: the place designated as the end Add them together and you pretty much get this... Final Destination; - Concluding Finish: The end/finish of every actor in the movies career. The movie was What an appropriate title for this movie (Final Destination) I'll break it down into defitionitions... Final; - concluding: occurring at or forming an end or termination Destination; - finish: the place designated as the end Add them together and you pretty much get this... Final Destination; - Concluding Finish: The end/finish of every actor in the movies career. The movie was decent but it was obvious what was going to happen most of the time. Expand
  43. AlecB.
    Aug 16, 2006
    awesome movie to just sit in the theater and see people constantly get whacked by things that would never happen like the tanning place with the board but these movies are never supposed to have a plot or be any good but i gave it a 9 because it was a funny hour and half movie of people getting dismembered.
  44. WesleyE.
    Aug 7, 2006
    Final Destination 3 proves that movies don't have to be intelligent or innovative to remain fun. I'll take this goofy, sadistic, ultra-gory glee over a long, impressive drama like Capote any day of the week. I go to movies to be entertained, and FD3 delivers far more than I expected, and then some. Expect to laugh with serious vigor after a scene involving a strategically-placed Final Destination 3 proves that movies don't have to be intelligent or innovative to remain fun. I'll take this goofy, sadistic, ultra-gory glee over a long, impressive drama like Capote any day of the week. I go to movies to be entertained, and FD3 delivers far more than I expected, and then some. Expect to laugh with serious vigor after a scene involving a strategically-placed falling cherry-picker. Expand
  45. JovannyC.
    Aug 6, 2006
    I give 10 points to the guy who complained "it wasn't at all realistic." Funniest (albeit most ridiculous) thing ive ever read in my life.
  46. ChrisW.
    Aug 1, 2006
    This movie was ok. However, it wasnt at all realistic. If you remember that in the premonition, Franky brought a camera on the roller coaster, which he dropped. The camera somehow magically got caught on the rail, and when the coaster ran over it, the whell came loose and started the crash. OK, after the premonition and the freak out scene, franky gets off the ride with his camera. now, This movie was ok. However, it wasnt at all realistic. If you remember that in the premonition, Franky brought a camera on the roller coaster, which he dropped. The camera somehow magically got caught on the rail, and when the coaster ran over it, the whell came loose and started the crash. OK, after the premonition and the freak out scene, franky gets off the ride with his camera. now, the cameras gone, yet the crash begins in the exact same spot where it happened in the premonition. Second of all, only a few of these deaths could have happened. Most of the events leading up to the deaths could almost never had happened. [***SPOILERS***] Example, at the tanning salon, what are the odds of the board falling in the position it did. And at the fair where Ian dies, that metal pole knocks over a cannon ball which then destroys the firework support, at what momentum could a pole that small made a ball that heavy go that far. Its not logical. Overall the deaths were gory, although they could have been more creative. But come on, they are creative but too creative. There are many things that should never had happened. This doesnt feel like final destination. Expand
  47. NickM.
    Jul 28, 2006
    It was allright. The major problem is that all 3 final destination movies pretty much offer the same exact thing. The first one was good, but the second two seemed like stale reproductions of the first one, except with different ways to die. Overall the plot remains the same.
  48. wongit
    Jul 26, 2006
    Fun. another good FD movie where you dont have to think a whole lot or anything, just sit back and jump and laugh at the stupid things that happen. Great.
  49. AlexanderH.
    Jul 22, 2006
    BEFORE SEEING THE MOVIE The next Final Destination is being made by the masterminds of the first one? Brilliant! There's gonna be lots of suspense, and scary stuff, and since the second one was so bloody and cool, this one's got to be better, right? AFTER SEEING THE MOVIE A real letdown. I expected to be freaked out, like the first one, or dying in suspense of when or where the BEFORE SEEING THE MOVIE The next Final Destination is being made by the masterminds of the first one? Brilliant! There's gonna be lots of suspense, and scary stuff, and since the second one was so bloody and cool, this one's got to be better, right? AFTER SEEING THE MOVIE A real letdown. I expected to be freaked out, like the first one, or dying in suspense of when or where the next death would happen, like the second one, or, if I got lucky, both. Sadly, instead of being freaked out, I got a little tired of the usual discussion between the 2 main characters of who would die next. And unlike the second one, the sort of cool little chain reactions that led to most of the death's, or for that matter, the deaths themselves, rarely "suspensed" or "surprised" me. And it may be me, but compared to the last one, was there a downsize in gallons of blood? I did like the pacing however, and the movie never really got boring, even with the predictable deaths. Overall, it's an okay movie, but a big step back from the first 2. Expand
  50. MarkB.
    Apr 22, 2006
    Not that it has THAT much plausible competition, but the original Final Destination, written and directed by X-Files expatriates Glen Morgan and James Wong, was the best, smartest and most effective teen slaughterfest since Wes Craven's original Nightmare on Elm Street. In it, a high school student envisions a fiery plane disaster which will wipe out his Paris-bound classmates and Not that it has THAT much plausible competition, but the original Final Destination, written and directed by X-Files expatriates Glen Morgan and James Wong, was the best, smartest and most effective teen slaughterfest since Wes Craven's original Nightmare on Elm Street. In it, a high school student envisions a fiery plane disaster which will wipe out his Paris-bound classmates and several teachers; he then successfully talks several of them out of taking the flight. Death, who would've completely gotten away with its plans if it hadn't been for those meddling kids, proves to be the ultimate poor sport, and starts picking off the survivors in various bizarre, baroque and mostly very elaborate methods. Part of the original's success (as well as that of its sequel, which was energetically directed by Snakes on a Plane's David R. Ellis) was that Death, although never seen, was an incredibly vivid personality: an anal-retentive type who insistently redoes its handiwork in the EXACT SAME PATTERN that it originally would've had its plans not been thwarted, and judging from the increasingly elaborate nature of the "accidents" it stages, is a dark force whose all-time favorite board game isn't Monopoly, Risk or Clue...but Mouse Trap. Sadly, this third entry is as sloppy, perfunctory and unfunny-jokey as most of the Elm Street follow-ups were, and at least those had the lame excuse of Craven NOT being involved with most of them. However, Morgan and Wong are back for this one, and while their use of a roller coaster ride certainly had potential (aren't ALL horror films by nature roller coaster rides?) this movie's victims--who had realistically and intriguingly varied personalities and reactions in the first two Final Destinations--are, except for the hero and heroine, all either disbelieving twits or total morons. The deaths all follow the same identical pattern (whirrrr--woop, woop, woop--whiz!--whew!--WHAM!!!) and the editing, so precise in the first two entries, is maddeningly slapdash, looking as though several frames have been randomly sliced out of all those Rube Goldberg nail-gun/ barbeque pit mishaps. And let's be honest: as far as Death's selected traveling music goes, The Lettermen don't have a fraction of the cultural, historic or emotional resonance that John Denver brought to the original. As anyone would normally expect from the third film in any horror series, the "special makeup effects" budget has noticeably increased (probably surpassing the actors' salaries), but for all the gallons and drums of red stuff added by Morgan and Wong to the proceedings, Final Destination 3 still comes off as almost totally bloodless. Expand
  51. RubenR.
    Mar 28, 2006
    The acting was really so bad, none of the actors could act, As with FD1 & FD2, I wanted the characters to do well, I wanted them to succeed and solve the "death mystery" The reason why I loved the first two movies in this series were the deaths, they were smart, scary and made you, the viewer, a little bit more wary of normal items like garbage disposal or elevators. The deaths in this The acting was really so bad, none of the actors could act, As with FD1 & FD2, I wanted the characters to do well, I wanted them to succeed and solve the "death mystery" The reason why I loved the first two movies in this series were the deaths, they were smart, scary and made you, the viewer, a little bit more wary of normal items like garbage disposal or elevators. The deaths in this movie were not good, you were just waiting for them to happen - which is a shame as the first two movies really made you jump with the sudden deaths... Expand
  52. ChadS.
    Mar 18, 2006
    "Final Destination 3" might be just another dead teenager movie, and yet the manner in which each young person gets eviscerated is reasonably inventive, and gory, but satisfingly so. It doesn't have the self-awareness of the "Scream" movies, or the creepy realism of "Saw". "Final Destination 3" is something of a comedy. You're already laughing during that interval when "Final Destination 3" might be just another dead teenager movie, and yet the manner in which each young person gets eviscerated is reasonably inventive, and gory, but satisfingly so. It doesn't have the self-awareness of the "Scream" movies, or the creepy realism of "Saw". "Final Destination 3" is something of a comedy. You're already laughing during that interval when Wendy(Mary Elizabeth Winstead) shows up to "warn" the next kid slated for death. Since she has a flair for seeing the future, maybe the film is unaware that our heroine might be unconsciously killing everyone through telekinesis. The sequence at the amusement park is very exciting. Expand
  53. MarkA.
    Mar 11, 2006
    By far the worst of the 3 movies. The first 2 always seem to leave a question to who will be killed next or at least a possible way out but the 3rd just kills off each character in the most gruesome way possible with very little of interest in between. Too predictable even for a sequel.
  54. MattD.
    Feb 28, 2006
    This movie is a lot of fun and much better than part 2.
  55. JessicahC.
    Feb 26, 2006
    It turned out to be better than I thought. Since it had no original cast in it. I loved the death scenes too!!! If you like 1 or 2. You'll definitely enjoy this one.
  56. AnonymousX
    Feb 25, 2006
    The deaths were gruesome and horrifying. i couldnt keep my eyes open during some of them. the roller coaster scene was rushed and confusing, but it started with a very creepy part with the tower shooting ride. all deaths were pretty well set up (in my opinion), but some were just rushed and didnt make much sense. some i thought could never possibly happen, like the dude in the fitnessThe deaths were gruesome and horrifying. i couldnt keep my eyes open during some of them. the roller coaster scene was rushed and confusing, but it started with a very creepy part with the tower shooting ride. all deaths were pretty well set up (in my opinion), but some were just rushed and didnt make much sense. some i thought could never possibly happen, like the dude in the fitness place and the sign at the end, but all the others seemed like they could actually happen in real life. the final scene with the train was interesting, but how it went from sheer horror to an electronic version of "love train" was hilarious in my opinion. its a thrilling ride from beginning to end. i was guessing the next death each time! Expand
  57. ThorneC.
    Feb 24, 2006
    the movie was really great it wa really thrilling i had to go to the bathroom at least 6 times my head was going in circles the movie was jus perfect best scary movie this year.
  58. BenF.
    Feb 23, 2006
    this is the worse of the three movies by far. I like the first one, and loved the second one even more. Not only was the acting terrible but the plot related back to the first final destination a lot like the second one did. however none of it made any sense, atleast in the second one there was a tie in from the first movie. even the deaths weren't that creative. It's amazing this is the worse of the three movies by far. I like the first one, and loved the second one even more. Not only was the acting terrible but the plot related back to the first final destination a lot like the second one did. however none of it made any sense, atleast in the second one there was a tie in from the first movie. even the deaths weren't that creative. It's amazing how the second movie seemed to go two steps further in chaos, while the 3rd movie seemed to take 3 steps back, bad transiiton from scene to scene also killed this movie. Expand
  59. AlejandroR.
    Feb 18, 2006
    From the perspective of someone who has never seen part 1 or 2, this move is really good. The deaths are unpredictable for the most part. What stopped this movie from getting a 9 or 10 is the ending, which wasn't so great.
  60. Adrianl.
    Feb 17, 2006
    Not nearly as good as Final Destination 2. I'd say it was the worst in the series. Kinda like horror porn, very formulaic with the occasional gory money-shot.
  61. ClintM.
    Feb 15, 2006
    we've seen it all before but there are a few good thrills in watching people meet their end. if you liked the first two you'll be able to enjoy this one too.
  62. KyleL.
    Feb 13, 2006
    A little korny, and if you have seen the first two you know exactly what is going to happen...but it still gave me a little adrenaline rush like it should. Probably the best 'horror' flick out right now.
  63. DavyP.
    Feb 13, 2006
    This film is unreal! It is the bet out of the 3!! The roller coaster scene is leahal and there is great gore scenes! the film is tense all the way through I LOVED IT!
  64. shsch
    Feb 13, 2006
    This is one of those horror films where there are equal parts campiness and horror; here the horror being tied to bloody "accidental deaths." There is no real bad guy creepiness such as the fear of an unknown stalker, but rather just the omen of death as the apparent predestination dictates the next stereotyped victim to die. Perhaps a bit too graphic at times, but I think the movie hits This is one of those horror films where there are equal parts campiness and horror; here the horror being tied to bloody "accidental deaths." There is no real bad guy creepiness such as the fear of an unknown stalker, but rather just the omen of death as the apparent predestination dictates the next stereotyped victim to die. Perhaps a bit too graphic at times, but I think the movie hits its mark as a well-constructed scary entertainment: just sit back, accept the movies' logic, and watch silly teenagers meet their unfortunate demise. Expand
  65. JohnnyJ.
    Feb 12, 2006
    Somewhat rushed, going from death to death without really tying much together, this movie still takes the audience through a wide range of spooky thrills and chills. I liked it. Be safe on your drive home from the theater...
  66. CalebC.
    Feb 11, 2006
    Best horror film so far this year.
  67. RupertM.
    Feb 11, 2006
    I thought it was clever and really quite amusing. My date was scared silly - and loved it.
  68. JackS.
    Feb 11, 2006
    I found FD3 was actually more of a comedy than the straight horror flick. I loved the Ashley and Ashlynn roles they added real life humor to the plot. The young cast was a refreshing addition to sequel.
  69. JackieM.
    Feb 11, 2006
    Eh, it was all right. Nail gun impailment through the face was pretty great. Nude girls in tanning deserved to die even if it wasn't the plan. Seems like the only reason why people went to see it was to see the rollercoaster scene. Makes the next trip to an amusement park interesting. Deaths get more and more predictable as the movie goes on. Ending was a let down.
  70. JesseM.
    Feb 10, 2006
    The movie itself was really good. Special effects were good, acting was decent, parts were 'over acted'. Plots of the deaths were awesome. Just a really good gory movie.
  71. KobeeH.
    Feb 10, 2006
    Final Destination 3 is a letdown. I went from a bad sense of deja vu to just annoyed. I mean, the movie does what it's always done best, hit the audience with some of the most gruesome reasons to twinge and the occasional "ohhhhhhhh shyt!". But the story is just a letdown and the characters are a little more than puppets for Death to take out one by one. It's just that I enjoyed Final Destination 3 is a letdown. I went from a bad sense of deja vu to just annoyed. I mean, the movie does what it's always done best, hit the audience with some of the most gruesome reasons to twinge and the occasional "ohhhhhhhh shyt!". But the story is just a letdown and the characters are a little more than puppets for Death to take out one by one. It's just that I enjoyed Final Destination 1 and 2 more, even in-between the deaths. Not to mention that 3 doesn't even try to connect to the first 2. It's a whole seperate story with little references here and there to the first two. Because of that, I just don't see the need for Final Destinaion 3 to have been made. Other than to create the whole trilogy thing that seems to be popular nowadays. Oh yeah, and to make just a little more money out of the series. Pointless. Expand
  72. DAVIDW.
    Feb 10, 2006
    Better than the second film. It starts off with chilling suspense then goes all stupidly & horrificly predictable. You won't want to ride a rollercoaster for a while.

Rote sequel that surely no one was waiting for: Like the serially thwarted Death (the only "character" to return from the first two Final Destination movies), audiences are required to endure banal exposition and junior-high-level foreshadowing before being treated to the nauseatingly detailed scenes of CGI slaughter.
    Fans of the genre might appreciate the decidedly R-rated violence and nudity, but that's really all the film has to offer.
  3. What makes all of this ''fun,'' instead of dark or threatening, is that the victim was an idiot who leered at the class teases with horny glee.