8.1

Mar 7, 2004
    Love this movie!
  2. Michael
    Feb 4, 2006
    Great movie. Very different from other horror movies. One of my favorites.
  3. JennyA.
    Dec 4, 2001
    It's the best movie I have ever seen! Chad e Donella is the best actor and he is hot! I've seen the x-files hungry and he is just best! love u//jenny.
  4. StanM.
    Mar 11, 2004
    It's perfect.
  5. AlexS
    Apr 4, 2005
    I love it im like ooober obsessed with this movie!!!
  6. PaulR.
    May 13, 2001
    This movie rocks! Great cast and well written.
  7. Oct 9, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Final destination is a very good movie i highly recommend it, and Tony Todd in one scene which is my favourite scene in the whole movie is freaking good he should have been in the movie with more scenes but still a really good movie. Expand
  8. Mar 1, 2014
    A fun movie with great plot that shows us how every day things could kill us. I remember the first time I watched this I was so fascinated with the way the characters died.
  9. Jul 9, 2014
    Final Destination has original scares and a creepy atmosphere. The movie is intense and will make you
    jump with a few of the scenes. The idea that death can track you down, and you can't stop what you
    can't see is eerie. The character's can't avoid their demise because most of the aren't aware what
    Is happening. Overall a fun ride that will give you the chills but in a good way.
  10. JesusM
    Aug 30, 2009
    This movie was a pleasant surprise the first time it came out. I thought it was going to be another cheesy teen thriller. But it actually had an original plot and the actors held their own. Most ended up having a good movie career and are still around. It's definitely on my permanent collection. I highly recommend it for cult thriller aficionados.
  11. WesleyE.
    Feb 9, 2006
    What seems like another crappy Scream rip-off actually comes across as a very good thriller. It's got plenty of gore, and while the script itself is average, the in-your-face irony is quite funny and the death scenes are complicated, bloody, inventive and very, very impressive.
  12. SaerA.
    Jun 18, 2004
    Final Destination will have you on the edge of your seat and will have you screaming for more.
  13. Aug 16, 2010
    A very teen movie! Just look the effects the deaths, it's just in the right and balanced ways... I was really surprised on this movie, I can't believe that a movie like this will airs...
  14. VenahC
    Aug 4, 2009
    This movie was great despite some minor flaws. Critics did not enjoy the movie so much because everyone fears death and even the idea of not controlling your life makes people go mad (Don't believe me? Read what the critics said and you'll get what I mean "Stupid. Garbage. Nonsense").
  15. Jan 30, 2013
    This is where the infamous series started that has now spawned a further four sequels! Now it's obvious that this is a very corny series so as long as you don't take it too seriously then you're bound to enjoy these films :) This is probably the best regarding the acting and characters, but the corniest regarding 'death' trying to kill the kids. Overall a nice new twist on the somewhatThis is where the infamous series started that has now spawned a further four sequels! Now it's obvious that this is a very corny series so as long as you don't take it too seriously then you're bound to enjoy these films :) This is probably the best regarding the acting and characters, but the corniest regarding 'death' trying to kill the kids. Overall a nice new twist on the somewhat predictable genre, and the beginning of a great series of twisted and gory Horror films! Expand
  16. Sep 19, 2014
    "Final Destination" is really just a fun movie to watch. It has a great premise and a lot of thrills. The death scenes in particular are really intense and original, and I didn't think the acting was as bad as everyone makes it out to be. The main character did get somewhat annoying towards the end, and the writing is pretty bad too. Despite those few flaws, I think it's a very enjoyable"Final Destination" is really just a fun movie to watch. It has a great premise and a lot of thrills. The death scenes in particular are really intense and original, and I didn't think the acting was as bad as everyone makes it out to be. The main character did get somewhat annoying towards the end, and the writing is pretty bad too. Despite those few flaws, I think it's a very enjoyable movie to watch. Expand
  17. Jan 9, 2011
    THESE CRITICS ARE STUPID! Now..with that said, this movie has a good plot, awesome death scenes. The cast plays well together and play the right parts. Has a fair amount of "holy cow" parts.
  18. May 2, 2015
    I don't understand why the critics speak of this movie with such distaste as they do. It has a premise that in some ways supersedes the majority of modern horror films; how many movies have an idea where death is a forceful entity that torments people with the constant fear of meeting their doom. The problem is some dialogue, and abhorrent acting by a majority of the cast. Only theI don't understand why the critics speak of this movie with such distaste as they do. It has a premise that in some ways supersedes the majority of modern horror films; how many movies have an idea where death is a forceful entity that torments people with the constant fear of meeting their doom. The problem is some dialogue, and abhorrent acting by a majority of the cast. Only the protagonist and the coroner have a place being in this film. If it weren't for the acting, this film would be recognized more for its theme and its scares. Expand
  19. Dec 23, 2013
    Final Destination, one of the most creative horror or thriller movies out there. This was the beginning of a franchise that if infamous for having some of the craziest deaths in cinema, and some f the most cliche characters and bad acting, but that's not really a bother. This movie is a load of fun, and has some great deaths and funny scenes. Check it out if you haven't seen it. 7/10
  20. Feb 7, 2015
    Final Destination introduced a cool premise. The first and the second movie are really the only two I bothered with because although both films were entertaining the amount of sequels got a little out of hand and everyone gets sick of repetition. There were always gruesome creative death scenes and you never knew what to expect.
  21. JayH
    Jul 23, 2009
    I thought it was pretty good, not sure why the critics hated it so much. It was suspenseful, interesting, decently acted. Great special effects. Oddly fascinating.
  22. EddieD.
    Sep 16, 2008
    Final Destination had a great plotline but lots of flaws, and terrible, TERRIBLE acting.
  23. May 31, 2012
    It's ok, it has an above average plot and above average acting for this kind of movie, however with all the better movies in this genre it only comes across as slightly above average.
  24. Aug 10, 2011
    The original in the series offers up a great concept but is lost among a sloppy story line as well as horrible acting. However, the film did open up doors for it's later and semi greater sequels. It might be boring at times but with less gore and more mystery it does lay out a great foundation.
  25. Sep 22, 2011
    "Final Destination", a movie directed by James Wan, is your average, violent teenage "Saw" movie. Don't expect something like "Scream" or "Halloween".
  26. Aug 14, 2012
    The film that started it all, in my opinion it looks like a rough version of the second and third films in the franchise. The acting is good and the plot too. But if you've never watched any film of the saga, see this first, otherwise you might end up disappointed with the obviousness of the deaths.
  27. Nov 3, 2013
    To be honest, "Final Destination" is a decent horror film. It's quite smart and keeps the tension going and overall resembles a good original shocker. The plot is very ridiculous and silly though.
  28. Mar 19, 2013
    The concept is extremely original and kind of creepy. The character development is also good and you really do care about almost everyone in this movie. The only flaw was that for large amounts of time nothing big happened so you sort of get bored at first. But once it gets going it's pretty entertaining.
  29. Feb 27, 2012
    Pretty much an average film really, but with a good concept and some really clever ideas. Enjoyable to say the least, but not sure how many times I could watch it before boredom sets in.
  30. Jan 8, 2015
    Uma história interessante,Que acabou gerando uma franquia que felizmente foram melhores que o 1,Créditos a criação dessa nova história de terror,Inovadora!!! porém não foi bem executada
  31. Andrew
    May 14, 2004
    After a bone-chilling, suitably low-key and genuinely brilliant opening scene, the movie quickly moves into familiar territory. Death is coming, and all must perish. Including the script. Why continue on a good thing when we can fall back on what is tried-and-true? Witty dialogue? Pfft. Who cares, when people can die COOL! The obligatory "surprise" twist ending? Hell YA!!! Sure, it's After a bone-chilling, suitably low-key and genuinely brilliant opening scene, the movie quickly moves into familiar territory. Death is coming, and all must perish. Including the script. Why continue on a good thing when we can fall back on what is tried-and-true? Witty dialogue? Pfft. Who cares, when people can die COOL! The obligatory "surprise" twist ending? Hell YA!!! Sure, it's no longer a surprise, but the simpletons won't care! The last 80 or so minutes of the movie are so anti-climatic, so tepid, so boring, that it is impossible to believe that the intro and the rest are actually part of the same movie. Expand
  32. AmurabiM.
    Sep 6, 2006
    A clear thing about "Final Destination" is that never tries to be taken itself seriously. the filmmakers know that this is teenage entertainment. The kind of entertainment that never appeals to our brains or our logic. This film is just a case of teenage flick mixed with a kind of horror and a lot of unvoluntary humour. "Final Destination" is just what it is: a waste of time with the A clear thing about "Final Destination" is that never tries to be taken itself seriously. the filmmakers know that this is teenage entertainment. The kind of entertainment that never appeals to our brains or our logic. This film is just a case of teenage flick mixed with a kind of horror and a lot of unvoluntary humour. "Final Destination" is just what it is: a waste of time with the shape of entertainment and with that purpose, the film works well. Expand
  33. Jul 4, 2014
    It had some memorable moments, but in all the characters were rather one-dimensional and the death sequences were very predictable, albeit sometimes they were meant to be. The sequels are no better, this film, 'Final Destination' should have been the final one, just like its title.
  34. Sep 5, 2011
    Horror movies from the 80s were very popular these days, but when more horror movies appear except when they're not good, this is the only horror franchise that I'm starting to hate, starting with this one. Do you know what it's like? It's like trying to ride a skateboard, but when every once in a while you get some scraps on your hands or knees, you'd rather ditch skateboarding and go doHorror movies from the 80s were very popular these days, but when more horror movies appear except when they're not good, this is the only horror franchise that I'm starting to hate, starting with this one. Do you know what it's like? It's like trying to ride a skateboard, but when every once in a while you get some scraps on your hands or knees, you'd rather ditch skateboarding and go do something else and that's this movie.

Pros: Devon's Sawa's performance was a lot of fun, the death scenes were very realistic, and the premise was very interesting.

Cons: The story was predictable, the characters aren't as interesting as toast, the music score was completely forgettable, the comedy was unfunny, and the pacing was so boring even the director himself couldn't possibly make this enjoyable.

If any of you really like the series, then go ahead and watch this. Otherwise, stick to Halloween, Friday The 13th, or A Nightmare on Elm Street. Heck, there are a lot of good horror movies out there, for crying out loud!

35. Nov 12, 2012
    Teen horror-thrillers can be great, but when they're so humorless to begin with, and then so ultimately lifeless, they don't work. Final Destination takes itself way too seriously, especially considering the plausibility levels of its premise.
  36. DaveC.
    Aug 21, 2004
    This film was thought provoking in that it brought numerous questions to my attention, chief of which was "what kind of morons does Hollywood take us for?".
  37. Apr 20, 2013
    I really think this movie has a great story to start with. But what James Wong made out of this story is just sad. And with sad I mean sad in a way of “How could you transform such a nice story in a movie as bad as this?”. It's not that type of movie where everything is bad, I have to say that the score created fine suspense, the acting was really not as bad as I expected, and there wereI really think this movie has a great story to start with. But what James Wong made out of this story is just sad. And with sad I mean sad in a way of “How could you transform such a nice story in a movie as bad as this?”. It's not that type of movie where everything is bad, I have to say that the score created fine suspense, the acting was really not as bad as I expected, and there were some good shots in. Yet, the screenplay. HOW BAD WAS THIS SCREENPLAY? I'm honestly surprised that it didn't receive credit at the Golden Raspberry Awards. I mean, the ending of this movie was so illogical and stupid. I wasn't expecting a good screenplay, but this was just too much for me. And, oh, the dialogue. There were dialogue parts in this movie that created a new unit of stupidity. This movie is actually the best example if you want to prove that the screenplay is the most important part of the movie because with an at least okay screenplay this film would've been a lot better, but it's just totally like this. Being entertained by people getting killed is sick in any case but if you are entertained by a movie as bad as this, you seriously need some help. Expand
  38. GrahamM
    Nov 16, 2005
    Garbage, makes no sense, and is just moronic!

Crude and witless.
  2. Fitfully thrilling.
    Serviceable enough, if you come to it with sufficiently modest expectations.