Final Destination

8.8

1. JayH
    Jul 23, 2009
    I thought it was pretty good, not sure why the critics hated it so much. It was suspenseful, interesting, decently acted. Great special effects. Oddly fascinating.
  2. EddieD.
    Sep 16, 2008
    Final Destination had a great plotline but lots of flaws, and terrible, TERRIBLE acting.
  3. May 31, 2012
    It's ok, it has an above average plot and above average acting for this kind of movie, however with all the better movies in this genre it only comes across as slightly above average.
  4. Aug 10, 2011
    The original in the series offers up a great concept but is lost among a sloppy story line as well as horrible acting. However, the film did open up doors for it's later and semi greater sequels. It might be boring at times but with less gore and more mystery it does lay out a great foundation.
  5. Sep 22, 2011
    "Final Destination", a movie directed by James Wan, is your average, violent teenage "Saw" movie. Don't expect something like "Scream" or "Halloween".
  6. Aug 14, 2012
    The film that started it all, in my opinion it looks like a rough version of the second and third films in the franchise. The acting is good and the plot too. But if you've never watched any film of the saga, see this first, otherwise you might end up disappointed with the obviousness of the deaths.
  7. Nov 3, 2013
    To be honest, "Final Destination" is a decent horror film. It's quite smart and keeps the tension going and overall resembles a good original shocker. The plot is very ridiculous and silly though.
  8. Mar 19, 2013
    The concept is extremely original and kind of creepy. The character development is also good and you really do care about almost everyone in this movie. The only flaw was that for large amounts of time nothing big happened so you sort of get bored at first. But once it gets going it's pretty entertaining.
  9. Feb 23, 2016
    This is a thriller you won't regret you watched, especially on Halloween or on a party with friends. The story is good but i just think that it could've been better (no spoil)
  10. Feb 27, 2012
    Pretty much an average film really, but with a good concept and some really clever ideas. Enjoyable to say the least, but not sure how many times I could watch it before boredom sets in.
  11. Jan 8, 2015
    Uma história interessante,Que acabou gerando uma franquia que felizmente foram melhores que o 1,Créditos a criação dessa nova história de terror,Inovadora!!! porém não foi bem executada
  12. Andrew
    May 14, 2004
    After a bone-chilling, suitably low-key and genuinely brilliant opening scene, the movie quickly moves into familiar territory. Death is coming, and all must perish. Including the script. Why continue on a good thing when we can fall back on what is tried-and-true? Witty dialogue? Pfft. Who cares, when people can die COOL! The obligatory "surprise" twist ending? Hell YA!!! Sure, it's After a bone-chilling, suitably low-key and genuinely brilliant opening scene, the movie quickly moves into familiar territory. Death is coming, and all must perish. Including the script. Why continue on a good thing when we can fall back on what is tried-and-true? Witty dialogue? Pfft. Who cares, when people can die COOL! The obligatory "surprise" twist ending? Hell YA!!! Sure, it's no longer a surprise, but the simpletons won't care! The last 80 or so minutes of the movie are so anti-climatic, so tepid, so boring, that it is impossible to believe that the intro and the rest are actually part of the same movie. Expand
  13. AmurabiM.
    Sep 6, 2006
    A clear thing about "Final Destination" is that never tries to be taken itself seriously. the filmmakers know that this is teenage entertainment. The kind of entertainment that never appeals to our brains or our logic. This film is just a case of teenage flick mixed with a kind of horror and a lot of unvoluntary humour. "Final Destination" is just what it is: a waste of time with the A clear thing about "Final Destination" is that never tries to be taken itself seriously. the filmmakers know that this is teenage entertainment. The kind of entertainment that never appeals to our brains or our logic. This film is just a case of teenage flick mixed with a kind of horror and a lot of unvoluntary humour. "Final Destination" is just what it is: a waste of time with the shape of entertainment and with that purpose, the film works well. Expand
  14. Jul 4, 2014
    It had some memorable moments, but in all the characters were rather one-dimensional and the death sequences were very predictable, albeit sometimes they were meant to be. The sequels are no better, this film, 'Final Destination' should have been the final one, just like its title.
  15. Jul 21, 2015
    Well, this movie has been good for the fans but the first deaths have been little bit simple and emotionally chilling as the explosion of the plane. And I remind you if there is a bad film will discuss all without rudeness just left me almost with regrets but good film , it's all true knowing that death will always come at any time, too bad if I get me some of it.

1. Mr. Showbiz
    Reviewed by: Kevin Maynard
    Crude and witless.
  2. Baltimore Sun
    Reviewed by: Chris Kaltenbach
    Fitfully thrilling.
  3. Serviceable enough, if you come to it with sufficiently modest expectations.