8.7

1. Nov 24, 2014
    Just... bad. The whole plot was a poorly strung- together series of annoying episodes that were meant to be funny but failed due to general immaturity. There are vegetarian sharks. There are surfer turtles. There are evil humans. You see the problem here? The creators are trying to be funny by putting a "clever twist" on sea creatures but their ideas are so obvious and juvenile all I couldJust... bad. The whole plot was a poorly strung- together series of annoying episodes that were meant to be funny but failed due to general immaturity. There are vegetarian sharks. There are surfer turtles. There are evil humans. You see the problem here? The creators are trying to be funny by putting a "clever twist" on sea creatures but their ideas are so obvious and juvenile all I could do was cringe. Furthermore, the movie is cursed with one of the most - or dare I say it, THE most - annoying character in the entire Disney cannon - the every babbling, annoyingly forgetful idiot fish Dory. (I hope that in the sequel, they fail to find her.) The only redeeming factor is the sweet father-son story, but the frantic, overbusy, episodic plot and excessive melodrama quickly sunk that as well. Despite the rave reviews this one has gotten, I came away extremely disappointed. Expand
  2. Nov 23, 2014
    Finding Nemo es una película que combina de forma exitosa la comedia, el drama y el género familiar., y que la hacen ser un film atractivo y de buena eficacia.
  3. Oct 19, 2014
    This visually stunning underwater adventure follows the comedic and eventful journeys of two fish - a father and his son Nemo - who become separated in the Great Barrier Reef.
  4. Oct 13, 2014
    Looks great, well produced, and is just as great as Toy Story. The look of things like water is appealing to look at and seems real. The human characters look great also. The character of Dory I thought would be annoying but actually, I laughed quite a lot at the character because of how funny she was. What can I say despite being really overrated it's an instant classic.
  5. Sep 4, 2014
    Perhaps the finest animated work of the entire decade, Finding Nemo is both original and exciting. With underwater visuals for days, this adventure won't disappoint.
  6. Aug 16, 2014
    "Finding Nemo" was a heartbreaking film when I was younger and after a much needed re-watch, it's still keeping that bar. So, the movie is about a clown fish named Marlin loosing his love Coral when a starveling barracuda attacks with strength. The killer fish assassins Coral and their children, except one: Nemo. Years later, Marlin's under confidence embarrasses his son during a school"Finding Nemo" was a heartbreaking film when I was younger and after a much needed re-watch, it's still keeping that bar. So, the movie is about a clown fish named Marlin loosing his love Coral when a starveling barracuda attacks with strength. The killer fish assassins Coral and their children, except one: Nemo. Years later, Marlin's under confidence embarrasses his son during a school field trip, Nemo sneaks away from the reef and is captured by scuba divers who take him to Sydney Harbour, where he's placed in a fish tank along with other type of fishes. Meanwhile, Marlin tries to find his son at all cost and he coincidentally meets Dory, a good-hearted and optimistic regal blue tang with short-term memory loss. Together, they will swim across the ocean in order to find Nemo and that exciting trip will make them encounter new friends.

The story is wonderfully written. I can feel my emotions under my skin while watching the movie. The characters are lovable and funny, the animation is top-notch, the voices are phenomenal (Congratulations to Albert Brooks and Ellen DeGeneres for their outstanding work) and the character development was never forgotten by the people who were involved in this film animation. My favorite film animation is still "Up", but boy... this movie was so damn close.

To summarize: "Finding Nemo" is the reason why I love movies. And that's saying something..
  7. Aug 10, 2014
    Extremely enjoyable and surprisingly well-crafted, "Finding Nemo" is already a genre classic. A fresh concept and a gripping story, some exceptionally developed characters and great voice acting lead to a superb result. There is not really much behind its plot, but everything else is so perfectly made that the whole film feels more like an experience. If you have watched a dubbed version,Extremely enjoyable and surprisingly well-crafted, "Finding Nemo" is already a genre classic. A fresh concept and a gripping story, some exceptionally developed characters and great voice acting lead to a superb result. There is not really much behind its plot, but everything else is so perfectly made that the whole film feels more like an experience. If you have watched a dubbed version, it is the particular voice actors that deserve the credit. Expand
  8. Jul 29, 2014
    Finding Nemo: 6 out of 10: As a kid's movie Finding Nemo is great. If somehow your munchkins don't already own a copy, have the toys or God forbid seen the ice show (there is something about fish on ice that's a bit creepy. Funny but creepy.) Feel free to buy a copy. You'll get your moneys worth, as the little animatrons will undoubtedly view it endlessly.

But as an adult with no little

But as an adult with no little minds of my own to feed the movie left me wanting. For one thing I've seen it before... about a hundred times before. Parent loses kid, kid loses dog, dog loses family, family loses toy, and so forth. Then the endless journey filled with danger, setbacks and endless comic relief characters begins. Finding Nemo, at least narratively, doesn't bring anything new to the party.

The fact that Pixar themselves are guilty of using this exact same plot in all their movies doesn't help matters. (Pixar's next feature The Incredibles would actually break this trend somewhat and is the most adult friendly toon of theirs to date) The simple fact is after being spoiled by Shrek (or even Ice Age) I like my kids films to be more accommodating to adults.

Not that some things don't work very well indeed (Bruce the 12 step shark and the "mine, mine, mine," seagulls are particularly effective). It's just that the whole film had a cloying sentimentality I usually associate with NBC Olympic coverage or a Hallmark Hall of Fame movie about a Depression Christmas.

That said kids will love it. The animation is spectacular. And as these things go it certainly is very well done. Just not my cup of tea I guess. I prefer my fish with a little more bite… and lemon… and butter.
  9. May 12, 2014
    When it comes down to it Finding Nemo is my second favorite Pixar movie with Toy Story being the first. Its always good when you can go back and watch a movie and feel the same way you did when you first watched it. Sure you know everything that is going to happen but that doesn't take away from how beautiful and emotional the story is no matter how many times you watch it. The cast wasWhen it comes down to it Finding Nemo is my second favorite Pixar movie with Toy Story being the first. Its always good when you can go back and watch a movie and feel the same way you did when you first watched it. Sure you know everything that is going to happen but that doesn't take away from how beautiful and emotional the story is no matter how many times you watch it. The cast was perfection but of course i liked Willem Dafoe's part the most what can i say the guy just kicks ass although Ellen DeGeneres was still pretty funny.

Pixar has always been known for amazing animation and i remember how it looked on DVD because i still own my first DVD copy of it from back in 2003 as it was a birthday present. This time around though i watched it on Blu ray and holy crap does it look strikingly gorgeous i mean it was already top notch but the Blu ray just blows it out of the water. It makes all the colors look way more vibrant, the coral reef looked amazing and all the little specs of sand floating around when the fish touch the ground was crazy, also all the skin on the fishes looked crazy detailed. I know that it was just a remastering of the film but damn does it look beautiful.

It sucks that Pixar films now are just clearly not on the same level as they were back then the last great Pixar film was Toy Story 3 and that was over 4 years ago now. Well i should clarify that they are not on the same level story wise animation wise they are still on top of the pack. Watching this film though it got me excited for Finding Dory im hoping that will be just great as this movie but with the recent trend of the new Pixar movies it doesn't look like that will happen i can always hope though.

Overall i give it a solid 10 This film is perfection nothing more to say.
  10. Apr 6, 2014
    Finding Nemo was one of the first films I ever saw in cinema. Granted I hardly remembered watching it as a child, however as I age: I find that it gets better every time I watch it. I can't help but admire its colourful and flowing animation, diverse and memorable characters, gripping story, heartwarming morals, impeccable voice acting and particularly strong and emotionalFinding Nemo was one of the first films I ever saw in cinema. Granted I hardly remembered watching it as a child, however as I age: I find that it gets better every time I watch it. I can't help but admire its colourful and flowing animation, diverse and memorable characters, gripping story, heartwarming morals, impeccable voice acting and particularly strong and emotional interactions/connections between characters. It set the bar even higher for Pixar after Toy Story and Toy Story 2: and propelled them onward into their illustrious career in making computer animated films; that have since become revolutionary. Expand
  11. Mar 17, 2014
    dory is annoying and funny in the same way . but nemo is old these days . finding dory is something i am not willing to see but i hope it is good as finding nemo .
  12. Mar 15, 2014
    The H2O theme fits in with the main feature, its tale of a clownfish searching for his son constituting Pixar’s most effective amalgam of comedy, artistry and emotional pull.
  13. Mar 2, 2014
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssssssss, week it betch. This movie was absolutely fabulous. I love Ellen degenerous. She is fabulous
  14. Feb 15, 2014
    Finding Nemo is (In my Opinion) Pixar's greatest contribution into the world of cinema and by far is one of the most entertaining and "adorable" creations.
  15. Jan 7, 2014
    Finding memo is a emotional, exciting movie that makes you root for the clown fish to find his son while travelling across half the ocean. Your in for a intense, funny, sometimes depressing movie that you can't help watch 100 times over. Finding Nemo is a movie your never forget.
  16. Jan 3, 2014
    Um dos clássico da Pixar, certamente um dos melhores da sua era de ouro. Um dos filmes mais lindos que já vi com uma bela história e personagens magníficos.
  17. Nov 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Sure it has a bit of flaws, but it easily wins as the best animated movie ever. It had humor that added to the greatness. It even had a good script, especially when it switches from one side of the story to the other. The way it was put together is heartwarming and fun. Go see it Expand
  18. Nov 15, 2013
    "Finding Nemo" is another one of Pixar's masterpieces. It's touching, sweet and has excellent voice performances. The script is emotionally written, the story was thought through deeply and the computer animation is beautiful and dazzling.
  19. Nov 12, 2013
    Finding Nemo swims with joy.
    A very simplistic and extremely easy to follow underwater adventure that kids will undoubtedly love, the movies characters are likeable but nothing spectacular.
  20. Oct 31, 2013
    after three great movies and one nice film,the pixar made another good movie that changes a lot of childhoods(unfortunately not mine) but the movie can't surpass monsters inc.
  21. Sep 29, 2013
    How could one not enjoy Finding Nemo? It's a spectacle of a film, a jewel in the crown of cinema. The computer animations and the ways it presents itself are genius. Everything about it is carefully planned and thought out, and almost nothing is left to chance. While that might not be interesting in some movies, it works very well here.
  22. Aug 29, 2013
    I remember watching this movie when it first hit theaters in 2003. I loved it. Venturing off here, I am surprised how funny and thoughtful the story is. And I love what they did for effects, of course. Animation still is something I can watch and love.
  23. Aug 12, 2013
    a horribly overrated film that delvers a lame story and tries to use star power to make it appeal to older audiences and tries to be a serious animated drama while at the same time making wise crack jokes, the result a terrible combination
  24. Jul 4, 2013
    To describe "Finding Nemo" in a word is breathtaking. "Finding Nemo" uses top notch storytelling, voice work, and animation to create a masterpiece that amazes me every time I watch it. "Finding Nemo" overall has deep emotions and wonderful characters that are classic characters. Let's just hope "Finding Dory" doesn't screw this wonderful and creative world.
  25. Jun 28, 2013
    What a good movie. Its message and plot make it a must seen for every kid. When I saw it for the first time, I loved it, now I'm 14 years old, and it is still my favorite Disney film. You'll see what the parents will do for their sons, no matter the date, the place or the way.
  26. Jun 28, 2013
    An awesome film with excellent animations and design. Perhaps it's the simple yet excellent story or the memorable and occasionally hilarious characters that make this movie good. It's definitely one of Pixar's best movies to date.
  27. May 30, 2013
    Finding Nemo is wonderful. While it may not have Up’s unbelievable first ten minutes or the tear jerking ending to Toy Story 3, ten year later the film still holds up as one of Pixar’s finest. It has a simple story that kids can follow that does an excellent job balancing comedy, drama, and horror. The characters are all likeable and memorable. Plus, the animation is outstanding making youFinding Nemo is wonderful. While it may not have Up’s unbelievable first ten minutes or the tear jerking ending to Toy Story 3, ten year later the film still holds up as one of Pixar’s finest. It has a simple story that kids can follow that does an excellent job balancing comedy, drama, and horror. The characters are all likeable and memorable. Plus, the animation is outstanding making you feel like you are underwater. Ten years later the animation has not aged a bit. The film is perfect for kids and great for adults and you need to see it if you have not already Expand
  28. Mar 24, 2013
    Fabulous! Perfect for kids (and teens reliving their childhood). There are minimal points where the film is slow, but other then that, this movie will always be special to me.
  29. Mar 15, 2013
    Unquestionably one of the best animated films ever. It is peerless in its ability to represent endless lessons of life in the most humanistic and beautiful way. Remarkable all around.
  30. Mar 13, 2013
    I love this movie! "Finding Nemo" has a superb story and is one of the most emotional animation of all-time. One of my childhood's... and when i found out that it's coming back on the theaters i bought ticket immediately! My final score is 8/10

1. Reviewed by: Neil Smith
    Mar 25, 2013
    Finding Nemo is, as it happens, the most dangerously sugared of the Pixar productions to date--how could any father-finding-son saga be otherwise?--but the threat is now one of oversophistication. [9 June 2003, p. 108]
  3. Though not as great as "Toy Story 2" and "Monsters, Inc.," Pixar movies that are the gold standard for family movies, Finding Nemo is visually entrancing.