8.7

1. Nov 24, 2014
    Just... bad. The whole plot was a poorly strung- together series of annoying episodes that were meant to be funny but failed due to general immaturity. There are vegetarian sharks. There are surfer turtles. There are evil humans. You see the problem here? The creators are trying to be funny by putting a "clever twist" on sea creatures but their ideas are so obvious and juvenile all I couldJust... bad. The whole plot was a poorly strung- together series of annoying episodes that were meant to be funny but failed due to general immaturity. There are vegetarian sharks. There are surfer turtles. There are evil humans. You see the problem here? The creators are trying to be funny by putting a "clever twist" on sea creatures but their ideas are so obvious and juvenile all I could do was cringe. Furthermore, the movie is cursed with one of the most - or dare I say it, THE most - annoying character in the entire Disney cannon - the every babbling, annoyingly forgetful idiot fish Dory. (I hope that in the sequel, they fail to find her.) The only redeeming factor is the sweet father-son story, but the frantic, overbusy, episodic plot and excessive melodrama quickly sunk that as well. Despite the rave reviews this one has gotten, I came away extremely disappointed. Expand
  2. Nov 23, 2014
    Finding Nemo es una película que combina de forma exitosa la comedia, el drama y el género familiar., y que la hacen ser un film atractivo y de buena eficacia.
  3. Oct 19, 2014
    This visually stunning underwater adventure follows the comedic and eventful journeys of two fish - a father and his son Nemo - who become separated in the Great Barrier Reef.
  4. Oct 13, 2014
    Looks great, well produced, and is just as great as Toy Story. The look of things like water is appealing to look at and seems real. The human characters look great also. The character of Dory I thought would be annoying but actually, I laughed quite a lot at the character because of how funny she was. What can I say despite being really overrated it's an instant classic.
  5. Sep 4, 2014
    Perhaps the finest animated work of the entire decade, Finding Nemo is both original and exciting. With underwater visuals for days, this adventure won't disappoint.
  6. Aug 16, 2014
    "Finding Nemo" was a heartbreaking film when I was younger and after a much needed re-watch, it's still keeping that bar. So, the movie is about a clown fish named Marlin loosing his love Coral when a starveling barracuda attacks with strength. The killer fish assassins Coral and their children, except one: Nemo. Years later, Marlin's under confidence embarrasses his son during a school"Finding Nemo" was a heartbreaking film when I was younger and after a much needed re-watch, it's still keeping that bar. So, the movie is about a clown fish named Marlin loosing his love Coral when a starveling barracuda attacks with strength. The killer fish assassins Coral and their children, except one: Nemo. Years later, Marlin's under confidence embarrasses his son during a school field trip, Nemo sneaks away from the reef and is captured by scuba divers who take him to Sydney Harbour, where he's placed in a fish tank along with other type of fishes. Meanwhile, Marlin tries to find his son at all cost and he coincidentally meets Dory, a good-hearted and optimistic regal blue tang with short-term memory loss. Together, they will swim across the ocean in order to find Nemo and that exciting trip will make them encounter new friends.

The story is wonderfully written. I can feel my emotions under my skin while watching the movie. The characters are lovable and funny, the animation is top-notch, the voices are phenomenal (Congratulations to Albert Brooks and Ellen DeGeneres for their outstanding work) and the character development was never forgotten by the people who were involved in this film animation. My favorite film animation is still "Up", but boy... this movie was so damn close.

To summarize: "Finding Nemo" is the reason why I love movies. And that's saying something..
  7. Aug 10, 2014
    Extremely enjoyable and surprisingly well-crafted, "Finding Nemo" is already a genre classic. A fresh concept and a gripping story, some exceptionally developed characters and great voice acting lead to a superb result. There is not really much behind its plot, but everything else is so perfectly made that the whole film feels more like an experience. If you have watched a dubbed version,Extremely enjoyable and surprisingly well-crafted, "Finding Nemo" is already a genre classic. A fresh concept and a gripping story, some exceptionally developed characters and great voice acting lead to a superb result. There is not really much behind its plot, but everything else is so perfectly made that the whole film feels more like an experience. If you have watched a dubbed version, it is the particular voice actors that deserve the credit. Expand
  8. Jul 29, 2014
    Finding Nemo: 6 out of 10: As a kid's movie Finding Nemo is great. If somehow your munchkins don't already own a copy, have the toys or God forbid seen the ice show (there is something about fish on ice that's a bit creepy. Funny but creepy.) Feel free to buy a copy. You'll get your moneys worth, as the little animatrons will undoubtedly view it endlessly.

But as an adult with no little

But as an adult with no little minds of my own to feed the movie left me wanting. For one thing I've seen it before... about a hundred times before. Parent loses kid, kid loses dog, dog loses family, family loses toy, and so forth. Then the endless journey filled with danger, setbacks and endless comic relief characters begins. Finding Nemo, at least narratively, doesn't bring anything new to the party.

The fact that Pixar themselves are guilty of using this exact same plot in all their movies doesn't help matters. (Pixar's next feature The Incredibles would actually break this trend somewhat and is the most adult friendly toon of theirs to date) The simple fact is after being spoiled by Shrek (or even Ice Age) I like my kids films to be more accommodating to adults.

Not that some things don't work very well indeed (Bruce the 12 step shark and the "mine, mine, mine," seagulls are particularly effective). It's just that the whole film had a cloying sentimentality I usually associate with NBC Olympic coverage or a Hallmark Hall of Fame movie about a Depression Christmas.

That said kids will love it. The animation is spectacular. And as these things go it certainly is very well done. Just not my cup of tea I guess. I prefer my fish with a little more bite… and lemon… and butter.
  9. May 12, 2014
    When it comes down to it Finding Nemo is my second favorite Pixar movie with Toy Story being the first. Its always good when you can go back and watch a movie and feel the same way you did when you first watched it. Sure you know everything that is going to happen but that doesn't take away from how beautiful and emotional the story is no matter how many times you watch it. The cast wasWhen it comes down to it Finding Nemo is my second favorite Pixar movie with Toy Story being the first. Its always good when you can go back and watch a movie and feel the same way you did when you first watched it. Sure you know everything that is going to happen but that doesn't take away from how beautiful and emotional the story is no matter how many times you watch it. The cast was perfection but of course i liked Willem Dafoe's part the most what can i say the guy just kicks ass although Ellen DeGeneres was still pretty funny.

Pixar has always been known for amazing animation and i remember how it looked on DVD because i still own my first DVD copy of it from back in 2003 as it was a birthday present. This time around though i watched it on Blu ray and holy crap does it look strikingly gorgeous i mean it was already top notch but the Blu ray just blows it out of the water. It makes all the colors look way more vibrant, the coral reef looked amazing and all the little specs of sand floating around when the fish touch the ground was crazy, also all the skin on the fishes looked crazy detailed. I know that it was just a remastering of the film but damn does it look beautiful.

It sucks that Pixar films now are just clearly not on the same level as they were back then the last great Pixar film was Toy Story 3 and that was over 4 years ago now. Well i should clarify that they are not on the same level story wise animation wise they are still on top of the pack. Watching this film though it got me excited for Finding Dory im hoping that will be just great as this movie but with the recent trend of the new Pixar movies it doesn't look like that will happen i can always hope though.

Overall i give it a solid 10 This film is perfection nothing more to say.
  10. Apr 6, 2014
    Finding Nemo was one of the first films I ever saw in cinema. Granted I hardly remembered watching it as a child, however as I age: I find that it gets better every time I watch it. I can't help but admire its colourful and flowing animation, diverse and memorable characters, gripping story, heartwarming morals, impeccable voice acting and particularly strong and emotionalFinding Nemo was one of the first films I ever saw in cinema. Granted I hardly remembered watching it as a child, however as I age: I find that it gets better every time I watch it. I can't help but admire its colourful and flowing animation, diverse and memorable characters, gripping story, heartwarming morals, impeccable voice acting and particularly strong and emotional interactions/connections between characters. It set the bar even higher for Pixar after Toy Story and Toy Story 2: and propelled them onward into their illustrious career in making computer animated films; that have since become revolutionary. Expand
  11. Mar 17, 2014
    dory is annoying and funny in the same way . but nemo is old these days . finding dory is something i am not willing to see but i hope it is good as finding nemo .
  12. Mar 15, 2014
    The H2O theme fits in with the main feature, its tale of a clownfish searching for his son constituting Pixar’s most effective amalgam of comedy, artistry and emotional pull.
  13. Mar 2, 2014
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssssssss, week it betch. This movie was absolutely fabulous. I love Ellen degenerous. She is fabulous
  14. Feb 15, 2014
    Finding Nemo is (In my Opinion) Pixar's greatest contribution into the world of cinema and by far is one of the most entertaining and "adorable" creations.
  15. Jan 7, 2014
    Finding memo is a emotional, exciting movie that makes you root for the clown fish to find his son while travelling across half the ocean. Your in for a intense, funny, sometimes depressing movie that you can't help watch 100 times over. Finding Nemo is a movie your never forget.
  16. Jan 3, 2014
    Um dos clássico da Pixar, certamente um dos melhores da sua era de ouro. Um dos filmes mais lindos que já vi com uma bela história e personagens magníficos.
  17. Nov 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Sure it has a bit of flaws, but it easily wins as the best animated movie ever. It had humor that added to the greatness. It even had a good script, especially when it switches from one side of the story to the other. The way it was put together is heartwarming and fun. Go see it Expand
  18. Nov 15, 2013
    "Finding Nemo" is another one of Pixar's masterpieces. It's touching, sweet and has excellent voice performances. The script is emotionally written, the story was thought through deeply and the computer animation is beautiful and dazzling.
  19. Nov 12, 2013
    Finding Nemo swims with joy.
    A very simplistic and extremely easy to follow underwater adventure that kids will undoubtedly love, the movies characters are likeable but nothing spectacular.
  20. Oct 31, 2013
    after three great movies and one nice film,the pixar made another good movie that changes a lot of childhoods(unfortunately not mine) but the movie can't surpass monsters inc.
  21. Sep 29, 2013
    How could one not enjoy Finding Nemo? It's a spectacle of a film, a jewel in the crown of cinema. The computer animations and the ways it presents itself are genius. Everything about it is carefully planned and thought out, and almost nothing is left to chance. While that might not be interesting in some movies, it works very well here.
  22. Aug 29, 2013
    I remember watching this movie when it first hit theaters in 2003. I loved it. Venturing off here, I am surprised how funny and thoughtful the story is. And I love what they did for effects, of course. Animation still is something I can watch and love.
  23. Aug 12, 2013
    a horribly overrated film that delvers a lame story and tries to use star power to make it appeal to older audiences and tries to be a serious animated drama while at the same time making wise crack jokes, the result a terrible combination
  24. Jul 4, 2013
    To describe "Finding Nemo" in a word is breathtaking. "Finding Nemo" uses top notch storytelling, voice work, and animation to create a masterpiece that amazes me every time I watch it. "Finding Nemo" overall has deep emotions and wonderful characters that are classic characters. Let's just hope "Finding Dory" doesn't screw this wonderful and creative world.
  25. Jun 28, 2013
    What a good movie. Its message and plot make it a must seen for every kid. When I saw it for the first time, I loved it, now I'm 14 years old, and it is still my favorite Disney film. You'll see what the parents will do for their sons, no matter the date, the place or the way.
  26. Jun 28, 2013
    An awesome film with excellent animations and design. Perhaps it's the simple yet excellent story or the memorable and occasionally hilarious characters that make this movie good. It's definitely one of Pixar's best movies to date.
  27. May 30, 2013
    Finding Nemo is wonderful. While it may not have Up’s unbelievable first ten minutes or the tear jerking ending to Toy Story 3, ten year later the film still holds up as one of Pixar’s finest. It has a simple story that kids can follow that does an excellent job balancing comedy, drama, and horror. The characters are all likeable and memorable. Plus, the animation is outstanding making youFinding Nemo is wonderful. While it may not have Up’s unbelievable first ten minutes or the tear jerking ending to Toy Story 3, ten year later the film still holds up as one of Pixar’s finest. It has a simple story that kids can follow that does an excellent job balancing comedy, drama, and horror. The characters are all likeable and memorable. Plus, the animation is outstanding making you feel like you are underwater. Ten years later the animation has not aged a bit. The film is perfect for kids and great for adults and you need to see it if you have not already Expand
  28. Mar 24, 2013
    Fabulous! Perfect for kids (and teens reliving their childhood). There are minimal points where the film is slow, but other then that, this movie will always be special to me.
  29. Mar 15, 2013
    Unquestionably one of the best animated films ever. It is peerless in its ability to represent endless lessons of life in the most humanistic and beautiful way. Remarkable all around.
  30. Mar 13, 2013
    I love this movie! "Finding Nemo" has a superb story and is one of the most emotional animation of all-time. One of my childhood's... and when i found out that it's coming back on the theaters i bought ticket immediately! My final score is 8/10
  31. Jan 23, 2013
    Almost as great as Toy Story, and that's saying a lot. Finding Nemo's characters, score, and animation are absolutely flawless. Finding Nemo is one of Pixar's best.
  32. Jan 22, 2013
    This has to be my favorite Pixar film. I loved the story. I loved the characters. I loved the animation. In fact there is almost nothing I didn't love about this movie. But if I had to criticize I did find the pacing a bit too quick at times the story really zips from one location to the next allowing for not enough time to really soak in all the detail of the area you just saw. But like IThis has to be my favorite Pixar film. I loved the story. I loved the characters. I loved the animation. In fact there is almost nothing I didn't love about this movie. But if I had to criticize I did find the pacing a bit too quick at times the story really zips from one location to the next allowing for not enough time to really soak in all the detail of the area you just saw. But like I said, just a minor detail that really is more of an afterthought as I barely even notice when actually watching the movie. Overall: A wonderful Disney film, and I must say it I LOVE DORY! My absolute number one favorite animated character of all time (so far.) Expand
  33. Jan 9, 2013
    Finding Nemo, for me is the most amazing underwater animation ever made, really intelligent, creative, beautiful and emotional! This is what I call a good family movie! A rare animation, that has the spirit of family movies, and the 3D re-release is AMAZING!!
  34. Dec 29, 2012
    Finding Nemo is Pixar on their A-Game once again, with some brilliant performances from Albert Brooks Ellen Degeneres, a unique concept , some rich morality for adults and general hilarity for children.
  35. Nov 28, 2012
    Awe-inspiring animation, clever storytelling, and some unforgettable voice work not only makes "Finding Nemo" a shining addition to Pixar's list of films, but it may just represent their very best work to date.
  36. Nov 22, 2012
    From start to finish, Finding Nemo has the kind of story that not only draws you in but also makes you so attached to the characters that you can't help but tear up at the ending. I love this movie.
  37. Nov 12, 2012
    Finding Nemo is a wonderful animated feature, complete with humor, peril, and adventure. It is one of Pixar's very best creations.
  38. Oct 3, 2012
    This film is A-MA-ZING! Thank you very much Pixar for another masterful film....I'm looking forward for your next features.......
  39. Jul 8, 2012
    One of pixars most famous and memorable works is absolutely beautiful. There is no denying it is visually stunning, great pacing and Dory is one Pixars greatest creations. The film doesn
  40. Jun 29, 2012
    One of pixars most famous and memorable works is absoloutely beautiful. There is no denying it is visually stunning, great pacing and Dory is one Pixars greatest creations. The film doesnt have the emotional touch as much a as 'Toy Story 3' and 'Up' but the message given is thoughtful and meaningful. This is some of the best animation in a film in recent memory, it truly is unforgettableOne of pixars most famous and memorable works is absoloutely beautiful. There is no denying it is visually stunning, great pacing and Dory is one Pixars greatest creations. The film doesnt have the emotional touch as much a as 'Toy Story 3' and 'Up' but the message given is thoughtful and meaningful. This is some of the best animation in a film in recent memory, it truly is unforgettable and there is so little flaws that this can go down as one of Pixars greatest films. Expand
  41. CDQ
    Jun 28, 2012
    I don't even know how to respond to people that give this movie a negative review. This is one of the greatest animated movies ever created. Finding Nemo is absolutely hilarious and visually stunning, with some of the best characters in any Pixar movie.
  42. Apr 8, 2012
    What an amazing movie! I was 11 when I saw this in theaters and loved it. I'm currently 20 and watched this the other day and still loved it. Truly timeless, for any and all people.
  43. Mar 30, 2012
    Finding Nemo may not be a masterpiece but it is very good. All of these individual characters add to a story which is sweet, without being surapy. Great kid movie. Great Adult movie. You soon begin to find yourself swimming with Nemo.
  44. Jan 8, 2012
    Finding Nemo is definitely one of Pixar's greatest creations because it is charming, beautifully animated and hilarious mostly because of Ellen Degeneres's hilarious and unforgettable performance. To help this movie succeed even more it is emotional and heartwarming. I give this film 99%.
  45. Jan 2, 2012
    Hands down my favorite animated film of all time. I loved Finding Nemo from start to finish and I really enjoyed it, Even years after its release. A must watch imo.
  46. Dec 17, 2011
    Finding Nemo is one of Disney's best. You'll definitely laugh, you might tear up, and the action will keep you hooked. A touching story, too. The animation is very good, especially for 2003.
  47. Nov 20, 2011
    An animation classic if you ask me. Finding Nemo is a sad yet enjoyable tale and should be enjoyed by anyone who watches it. The one flaw of the film is that it sort of gets set into this mode where it cant get out of it and it can make it a little boring but overall its still great.
  48. Nov 15, 2011
    My favorite Pixar movie of all time. I love how it is set somewhere unique. So touching, so hilarious, so perfect and so epic. Notably, Ellen Degenres outdid herself as voicing Dory. This will always be a childhood classic for me. Recommended for all ages.
  49. Nov 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Another great film from Pixar. An over protective father fish goes after his son Nemo when he is kidnapped and brought to a dentist's fish tank in Sydney. Expand
  50. Sep 29, 2011
    Pixar illustrates the super dad in their masterpiece "Nemo". They don't use guns or super skills like "Death Sentence" or "Taken", but with colorful visuals and deep characters that actually maneuver the movie. You did it again, Pixar!!!
  51. Aug 12, 2011
    This is one of the funniest, most adult-worthy kids movies ever made and is so funny that it's perfect for repeat viewings. It's deifinitely a kids movie that I'm not ashamed to love
  52. Jun 30, 2011
    Hands down, the best animated movie ever created. This of course also makes it the best on Pixar's stellar record, and that is saying something. Vibrant animation and fun characters make Finding Nemo an instant hit. Fantastic voice acting, an original story line, and a great script make Finding Nemo the most widely appealing film of all time. If you think animated movie are for children,Hands down, the best animated movie ever created. This of course also makes it the best on Pixar's stellar record, and that is saying something. Vibrant animation and fun characters make Finding Nemo an instant hit. Fantastic voice acting, an original story line, and a great script make Finding Nemo the most widely appealing film of all time. If you think animated movie are for children, you are terribly, terribly mistaken. Expand
  53. Jun 1, 2011
    It was a really good movie.But not the best Pixar movie (Toy Story is) but it will keep u going. http://www.dacsandatphanrang.com/du-lich-ninh-thuan/du-lich-vinh-vinh-hy-ninh-thuan-mot-trong-nhung-vinh-dep-nhat-nuoc.html
  54. May 29, 2011
    Once again, Disney and Pixar produces a fantastic story for everyone.
  55. Apr 7, 2011
    A beautiful movie done by the ever talented people at Pixar Animation Studios. At the time of its release, one can argue this was the most emotional Pixar movie. Had I been older when seeing it for the first time, I believe I might've cried.
  56. Apr 6, 2011
    Now this is the kind of breathtaking adventure that keeps me entertained all the way. Distributed by Disney and Pixar, Director Andrew Stanton has produced an incredible movie about the underwater sea life. It tells the story of a Clown fish called Marlin (voiced by Albert Brooks), who is very protective over his son Nemo (voiced by Alexander Gould) after the loss of his family. Nemo growsNow this is the kind of breathtaking adventure that keeps me entertained all the way. Distributed by Disney and Pixar, Director Andrew Stanton has produced an incredible movie about the underwater sea life. It tells the story of a Clown fish called Marlin (voiced by Albert Brooks), who is very protective over his son Nemo (voiced by Alexander Gould) after the loss of his family. Nemo grows increasingly tired of his Dad worrying all the time that on his first day of school, he disobeys his father and swims up to touch a speed boat. He then gets captured by a scuba diver. Marlin swims after him, but is too late and he quickly sets off on his speed boat. Marlin, swimming as fast as he can, soon bumps into a royal blue tang fish called Dory (voiced by Ellen DeGeneres), who suffers from short term memory loss. The two then decide to work together and try and rescue Nemo (which from this point on is like going through this difficult quest - being chased by a shark, tackling jellyfish and swallowed by a whale) before it is too late. What I liked most about this movie was the jaw binding special effects. The CGI of the underwater oceans surroundings are breathtaking, and the designs of the fishes are nicely done, although a bit fake in the eyes I would say (don't recall there being fish eyes the size of a grapefruit). Of course the film wouldn't be as good without any good comedy performances from voice acting, and Finding Nemo managed to conquer that. All the actors/actresses played a good voice part, but I have to give full credit to Ellen DeGeneres. Her performance as Dory is absolutely brilliant, honestly she really plays the character so well and will provide audiences from 5 to 50 with great laughter, especially the one where she is trying to speak whale. I actually don't think they could have found another person to better Dory. What I like most about Pixar films is that they try to capture the audience to imagine what the character (whether it's a toy, an insect or a fish) inside is feeling, and what your reactions would be if you were the character. As well as joy and laughter, there's a real heart to this film. Finding Nemo is a truly epic masterpiece, filled with action/adventure and characters and emotions. Expand
  57. Dec 14, 2010
    Finding Nemo is a wonderful, child-friendly classic that deserves its popularity. A truely compelling storyline with lots of little gags that are kept together throughout e.g. Dori's memory. A little long for a child's film, but when the length is its only criticism, you know it's a good movie.
  58. Dec 4, 2010
    This film isn't just another children's classic, the excitement, adventure, and hilariously eccentric character of Dory turns it into the exhilarating and visually dazzling film that is 'Finding Nemo'.
  59. Oct 31, 2010
    my favorite Pixar movie next to Toy Storys 1-3.
  60. Oct 23, 2010
    It is up there with Toy Story for my favourite child movies. It is both an exciting and moving tale with a bit of traditional Disney comedy. A number of quirky characters like forgetful Dory and the Shark, Bruce keep you hooked on this aquatic journey till the very end.
  61. Oct 4, 2010
    In my opinion, the best Pixar film as of 2010. Beautifully made and animated, and featuring a funny and emotionally resolute script. It is possibly the best animated film ever made and can be watched over and over again.
  62. Sep 25, 2010
    I grew up on this movie. Ive seen it over at least 100 times, and I am still amazed at the great storytelling. It came out when I was 8 and I'm 15 and i still love it
  63. Sep 13, 2010
    A must see film for everyone especially families with young children. I enjoyed this movie and I expect that it will be a classic forever more. It's one of these films that no matter how good technology is people will still dig it up and watch it. That's why I think it will just keep swimming, swimming to the top of the classic film charts.
  64. Sep 2, 2010
    Really good stuff. With a bold and innovative concept, Finding Nemo has the opportunity to deliver something fresh, captivating and mesmerising. While Finding Nemo is nearly perfect, with a great sense of humour and a bolder aim than many other films, it does slightly falter to keep you attention, but only rarely, as its mostly ace.
  65. Aug 14, 2010
    My daughter adores this movie, and I'll admit the plot is cute and the characters have a good depth for a cartoon. The brilliant colors of the movie are just an added extra.

1. Reviewed by: Neil Smith
    Mar 25, 2013
    Finding Nemo is, as it happens, the most dangerously sugared of the Pixar productions to date--how could any father-finding-son saga be otherwise?--but the threat is now one of oversophistication. [9 June 2003, p. 108]
  3. Though not as great as "Toy Story 2" and "Monsters, Inc.," Pixar movies that are the gold standard for family movies, Finding Nemo is visually entrancing.