8.7

1. Jan 8, 2012
    Finding Nemo is definitely one of Pixar's greatest creations because it is charming, beautifully animated and hilarious mostly because of Ellen Degeneres's hilarious and unforgettable performance. To help this movie succeed even more it is emotional and heartwarming. I give this film 99%.
  2. Apr 6, 2011
    Now this is the kind of breathtaking adventure that keeps me entertained all the way. Distributed by Disney and Pixar, Director Andrew Stanton has produced an incredible movie about the underwater sea life. It tells the story of a Clown fish called Marlin (voiced by Albert Brooks), who is very protective over his son Nemo (voiced by Alexander Gould) after the loss of his family. Nemo growsNow this is the kind of breathtaking adventure that keeps me entertained all the way. Distributed by Disney and Pixar, Director Andrew Stanton has produced an incredible movie about the underwater sea life. It tells the story of a Clown fish called Marlin (voiced by Albert Brooks), who is very protective over his son Nemo (voiced by Alexander Gould) after the loss of his family. Nemo grows increasingly tired of his Dad worrying all the time that on his first day of school, he disobeys his father and swims up to touch a speed boat. He then gets captured by a scuba diver. Marlin swims after him, but is too late and he quickly sets off on his speed boat. Marlin, swimming as fast as he can, soon bumps into a royal blue tang fish called Dory (voiced by Ellen DeGeneres), who suffers from short term memory loss. The two then decide to work together and try and rescue Nemo (which from this point on is like going through this difficult quest - being chased by a shark, tackling jellyfish and swallowed by a whale) before it is too late. What I liked most about this movie was the jaw binding special effects. The CGI of the underwater oceans surroundings are breathtaking, and the designs of the fishes are nicely done, although a bit fake in the eyes I would say (don't recall there being fish eyes the size of a grapefruit). Of course the film wouldn't be as good without any good comedy performances from voice acting, and Finding Nemo managed to conquer that. All the actors/actresses played a good voice part, but I have to give full credit to Ellen DeGeneres. Her performance as Dory is absolutely brilliant, honestly she really plays the character so well and will provide audiences from 5 to 50 with great laughter, especially the one where she is trying to speak whale. I actually don't think they could have found another person to better Dory. What I like most about Pixar films is that they try to capture the audience to imagine what the character (whether it's a toy, an insect or a fish) inside is feeling, and what your reactions would be if you were the character. As well as joy and laughter, there's a real heart to this film. Finding Nemo is a truly epic masterpiece, filled with action/adventure and characters and emotions. Expand
  3. ChadS.
    Jun 10, 2003
    It's a lot cooler to worship Todd Solondz than a big-ass corporation like Pixar, but "Finding Nemo" is a hundred-plus minutes of happiness, with occasional visits into bliss that will captivate and silence a theater packed full of noisy kids. Storytelling, not special effects, is the gateway to euphoria. Both storylines are exceptionally well-handled. An Oscar for Best Animated It's a lot cooler to worship Todd Solondz than a big-ass corporation like Pixar, but "Finding Nemo" is a hundred-plus minutes of happiness, with occasional visits into bliss that will captivate and silence a theater packed full of noisy kids. Storytelling, not special effects, is the gateway to euphoria. Both storylines are exceptionally well-handled. An Oscar for Best Animated Feature isn't enough. "Finding Nemo" deserves serious consideration for Best Picture and Best Original Screenplay. What awes me is not the animation. That's a given. "Finding Nemo" is ultimately the story of a single parent raising his son. Expand
  4. TimJ
    Mar 20, 2009
    I must have seen this movie over 50 times with my kids and i never tire of it. Great storytelling, emotional depth and the most beautiful animation you will see. In my top 3 favourite movies ever. And I'm 41.
  5. Aug 14, 2010
    My daughter adores this movie, and I'll admit the plot is cute and the characters have a good depth for a cartoon. The brilliant colors of the movie are just an added extra.
  6. Oct 23, 2010
    It is up there with Toy Story for my favourite child movies. It is both an exciting and moving tale with a bit of traditional Disney comedy. A number of quirky characters like forgetful Dory and the Shark, Bruce keep you hooked on this aquatic journey till the very end.
  7. May 30, 2013
    Finding Nemo is wonderful. While it may not have Up’s unbelievable first ten minutes or the tear jerking ending to Toy Story 3, ten year later the film still holds up as one of Pixar’s finest. It has a simple story that kids can follow that does an excellent job balancing comedy, drama, and horror. The characters are all likeable and memorable. Plus, the animation is outstanding making youFinding Nemo is wonderful. While it may not have Up’s unbelievable first ten minutes or the tear jerking ending to Toy Story 3, ten year later the film still holds up as one of Pixar’s finest. It has a simple story that kids can follow that does an excellent job balancing comedy, drama, and horror. The characters are all likeable and memorable. Plus, the animation is outstanding making you feel like you are underwater. Ten years later the animation has not aged a bit. The film is perfect for kids and great for adults and you need to see it if you have not already Expand
  8. Apr 7, 2011
    A beautiful movie done by the ever talented people at Pixar Animation Studios. At the time of its release, one can argue this was the most emotional Pixar movie. Had I been older when seeing it for the first time, I believe I might've cried.
  9. Nov 20, 2011
    An animation classic if you ask me. Finding Nemo is a sad yet enjoyable tale and should be enjoyed by anyone who watches it. The one flaw of the film is that it sort of gets set into this mode where it cant get out of it and it can make it a little boring but overall its still great.
  10. May 29, 2011
    Once again, Disney and Pixar produces a fantastic story for everyone.
  11. Aug 12, 2011
    This is one of the funniest, most adult-worthy kids movies ever made and is so funny that it's perfect for repeat viewings. It's deifinitely a kids movie that I'm not ashamed to love
  12. Nov 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Another great film from Pixar. An over protective father fish goes after his son Nemo when he is kidnapped and brought to a dentist's fish tank in Sydney. Expand
  13. CDQ
    Jun 28, 2012
    I don't even know how to respond to people that give this movie a negative review. This is one of the greatest animated movies ever created. Finding Nemo is absolutely hilarious and visually stunning, with some of the best characters in any Pixar movie.
  14. Jan 23, 2013
    Almost as great as Toy Story, and that's saying a lot. Finding Nemo's characters, score, and animation are absolutely flawless. Finding Nemo is one of Pixar's best.
  15. Jan 3, 2014
    Um dos clássico da Pixar, certamente um dos melhores da sua era de ouro. Um dos filmes mais lindos que já vi com uma bela história e personagens magníficos.
  16. Jan 7, 2014
    Finding memo is a emotional, exciting movie that makes you root for the clown fish to find his son while travelling across half the ocean. Your in for a intense, funny, sometimes depressing movie that you can't help watch 100 times over. Finding Nemo is a movie your never forget.
  17. Sep 29, 2013
    How could one not enjoy Finding Nemo? It's a spectacle of a film, a jewel in the crown of cinema. The computer animations and the ways it presents itself are genius. Everything about it is carefully planned and thought out, and almost nothing is left to chance. While that might not be interesting in some movies, it works very well here.
  18. Apr 6, 2014
    Finding Nemo was one of the first films I ever saw in cinema. Granted I hardly remembered watching it as a child, however as I age: I find that it gets better every time I watch it. I can't help but admire its colourful and flowing animation, diverse and memorable characters, gripping story, heartwarming morals, impeccable voice acting and particularly strong and emotionalFinding Nemo was one of the first films I ever saw in cinema. Granted I hardly remembered watching it as a child, however as I age: I find that it gets better every time I watch it. I can't help but admire its colourful and flowing animation, diverse and memorable characters, gripping story, heartwarming morals, impeccable voice acting and particularly strong and emotional interactions/connections between characters. It set the bar even higher for Pixar after Toy Story and Toy Story 2: and propelled them onward into their illustrious career in making computer animated films; that have since become revolutionary. Expand
  19. Feb 9, 2015
    This movie is awesome! Has to be one of my favourite movies of all time with The Simpsons and The Cat in the Hat. The animation is great. There is an amazing storyline. The voice acting was good. The characters are great. Finding Nemo is Pixar's best movie and you should definitely watch it.
  20. Apr 24, 2015
    The more things change, the more they stay the same. As we enter the summer of 2003, Walt Disney Pictures reigns supreme as the distributor of the best animated fare. Yet, less than a dozen years after Beauty and the Beast became the first (and thus far only) animated film nominated for a Best Picture Oscar, Disney's in-house animated division has degraded to the point where it's a paleThe more things change, the more they stay the same. As we enter the summer of 2003, Walt Disney Pictures reigns supreme as the distributor of the best animated fare. Yet, less than a dozen years after Beauty and the Beast became the first (and thus far only) animated film nominated for a Best Picture Oscar, Disney's in-house animated division has degraded to the point where it's a pale shadow of its former self. However, by acquiring the exclusive North American distribution rights for the films of Japanese master Hayao Miyazaki and by entering into a partnership with Pixar Films, Disney has managed to maintain its position atop the mountain, despite furious challenges from Dreamworks and Fox. Without either of those deals – especially the Pixar one – Disney's once unassailable position might have been lost.

The movies of the Pixar canon – Toy Story and its sequel, A Bug's Life, Monsters Inc. – have all been critical and box office successes. There is no reason to believe things will change with Finding Nemo. Visually, the film is just as jaw-dropping as its predecessors (if not more so). From a narrative standpoint, it's not quite as ambitious as some of the earlier movies, but it has enough juice to keep things moving for 100 minutes. And, as always, the voice casting is perfect. Throw in a moral, and some nice touches of technical accuracy (that fish keepers will appreciate), and the movie represents the best family film to-date of 2003.

Pixar films always contain thematic content, and this one is no different. It touches on the issues of how a parent's natural protective instincts can drive away a child, and how children, no matter how desperately they crave independence, still need their families. None of this is presented in a heavy-handed manner. Instead, it's offered in such a way that even the younger members of the audience will understand what the film is saying without feeling like they're being subjected to a sermon. There's also a message about the importance of diversity and harmony, as a wide variety of animal species band together to help Marlin as he searches for his lost son.

Finding Nemo is every bit as humorous as Monsters Inc., although some of the comedy is more low-key. Having experienced comedians like Albert Brooks and Ellen DeGeneres as the lead voices helps immeasurably. Brooks, as is his forte, makes Marlin sound constantly beleaguered. DeGeneres is a hoot as the tang with no short term memory. Willem Defoe brings an initial whiff of the sinister to his part as Nemo's older, larger tankmate. Other voices include Alison Janney, Austin Pendleton, and Geoffrey Rush as a helpful pelican.

Director Andrew Stanton has opted to animate some of the fish realistically, while using artistic license with others. The clownfish and hippo tang, for example, look almost identical to their real-life counterparts. The sea horses and turtles, however, have some of their rough edges smoothed out, making them cuter and more child-friendly. Overall, Finding Nemo is a treasure trove of visual splendor. From the opening scenes on the coral reef with Marlin taking up residence in his new anemone to the cheesy insides of Nemo's aquarium cage, the film is colorful and amazingly detailed. Every time I view a Pixar film, I am stunned at how much there is to see. Finding Nemo proves that the computer animators can do as much under water as above it.

I wonder if Finding Nemo will fuel an upsurge in interest in salt water aquariums. To be sure, clowns are interesting fish to keep, but only for those with a little patience. Children expecting their pets to exhibit the characteristics of Marlin and Nemo will likely be disappointed. Nevertheless, ecological considerations aside, there's nothing to gripe about where Finding Nemo is concerned. Pixar has done it again, and, in the process, managed to salvage Disney's reputation – at least for a little longer.
  21. Sep 29, 2011
    Pixar illustrates the super dad in their masterpiece "Nemo". They don't use guns or super skills like "Death Sentence" or "Taken", but with colorful visuals and deep characters that actually maneuver the movie. You did it again, Pixar!!!
  22. Droog
    Aug 5, 2003
    I thought this movie was average. The great computer animation films, in my opinion, are Toy Story 2 and Shrek. Finding Nemo does not approach the wit and sophistication of those two films. Perhaps Pixar was aiming for a younger demographic audience with this film, but for someone older, Finding Nemo just doesn't satisfy. Albert Brooks whiningly voices an annoying worry-wort father I thought this movie was average. The great computer animation films, in my opinion, are Toy Story 2 and Shrek. Finding Nemo does not approach the wit and sophistication of those two films. Perhaps Pixar was aiming for a younger demographic audience with this film, but for someone older, Finding Nemo just doesn't satisfy. Albert Brooks whiningly voices an annoying worry-wort father -- I wished he would shut up 30 minutes into the movie. Ellen Degeneres' ADD fish is slightly less annoying. The standard Pixar/Disney themes of single parents, lost children (or toys or bugs or ...) are unoriginal in this film, now more than ever. The animation is top-notch though. Expand
  23. Aug 12, 2013
    a horribly overrated film that delvers a lame story and tries to use star power to make it appeal to older audiences and tries to be a serious animated drama while at the same time making wise crack jokes, the result a terrible combination
  24. Jun 29, 2012
    One of pixars most famous and memorable works is absoloutely beautiful. There is no denying it is visually stunning, great pacing and Dory is one Pixars greatest creations. The film doesnt have the emotional touch as much a as 'Toy Story 3' and 'Up' but the message given is thoughtful and meaningful. This is some of the best animation in a film in recent memory, it truly is unforgettableOne of pixars most famous and memorable works is absoloutely beautiful. There is no denying it is visually stunning, great pacing and Dory is one Pixars greatest creations. The film doesnt have the emotional touch as much a as 'Toy Story 3' and 'Up' but the message given is thoughtful and meaningful. This is some of the best animation in a film in recent memory, it truly is unforgettable and there is so little flaws that this can go down as one of Pixars greatest films. Expand
  25. JezzN.
    Apr 16, 2008
    Good movie, but in the end it was really boring! NOTE: DO NOT HIRE OUT! NOT WORTH IT.
  26. JJReyes
    Oct 2, 2005
    The animations were all nice, but i was bored during most of the movie.
  27. JimS.
    Oct 23, 2003
    Nemo should be wrapped in newspaper and served with chips. An undersea adventure that should have stayed there.
  28. JoYellow
    Jun 1, 2003
    It held my attention, which means it was at least OK. But, in the end, it wasn't that great of a movie.
  29. AlexM.
    Jun 4, 2003
    Not a good movie at at all... CG movies are always sooo overrated.
  30. AnnaS.
    Jun 5, 2003
    You people don't understand what you're watching. Maybe you guys like too much educational stuff.
  31. SteveH.
    Jul 24, 2003
    An okay movie. Unlike other childrens movies, there is no real humor for adults.
  32. KeanesL.
    Apr 27, 2004
    This is just another poor attempt by Disney to make another film that is over credited. Worst of all, they dragged Pixar with them. This is suppose to be a children's movie but includes topics and situtaions that are too serious and almost to a point too scary for most children 8 and under. Besides the entire movie is so repetitive that I fell asleep the first time I went to see it. This is just another poor attempt by Disney to make another film that is over credited. Worst of all, they dragged Pixar with them. This is suppose to be a children's movie but includes topics and situtaions that are too serious and almost to a point too scary for most children 8 and under. Besides the entire movie is so repetitive that I fell asleep the first time I went to see it. I watched the movie four different times in the theaters with friends and my boyfriend and all together I only laughed 6 times. Expand
  33. Nov 24, 2014
    Just... bad. The whole plot was a poorly strung- together series of annoying episodes that were meant to be funny but failed due to general immaturity. There are vegetarian sharks. There are surfer turtles. There are evil humans. You see the problem here? The creators are trying to be funny by putting a "clever twist" on sea creatures but their ideas are so obvious and juvenile all I couldJust... bad. The whole plot was a poorly strung- together series of annoying episodes that were meant to be funny but failed due to general immaturity. There are vegetarian sharks. There are surfer turtles. There are evil humans. You see the problem here? The creators are trying to be funny by putting a "clever twist" on sea creatures but their ideas are so obvious and juvenile all I could do was cringe. Furthermore, the movie is cursed with one of the most - or dare I say it, THE most - annoying character in the entire Disney cannon - the every babbling, annoyingly forgetful idiot fish Dory. (I hope that in the sequel, they fail to find her.) The only redeeming factor is the sweet father-son story, but the frantic, overbusy, episodic plot and excessive melodrama quickly sunk that as well. Despite the rave reviews this one has gotten, I came away extremely disappointed. Expand
  34. SiewU.
    Jun 9, 2003
    It was beautiful, but the voices were annoying. If I had a young kid, I might not want them to see this movie because it seems to encourage recklessness and discourage thinking before acting. Then again, most people seem to like this movie. I could be way off base.
  35. MeghanC.
    Jun 3, 2003
    Wonderful on so many different levels. Visuals surpass any earlier Pixar work. The characters are so engrossing, that you find yourself swimming away from the sharks; but also to join Crush in the EAC. All of these individual characters add to a story which is sweet, without being surapy. Great kid movie. Great Adult movie.
  36. BeccaW.
    Jun 4, 2003
    This movie has some of the best animation that I have ever seen.
  37. HarmonySunnyshine
    Jun 5, 2003
    Really cute movie. I thought it taught a good lesson for the parents. Love your children but let them discover their talents. You can't protect them forever.
  38. ChristinaJ.
    Jun 7, 2003
    I love this movie
  39. SaerB.
    Mar 20, 2004
    It was a really good movie.But not the best Pixar movie (Toy Story is) but it will keep u going.
  40. AshleighN/A
    Jun 5, 2005
    I liked it a lot.
  41. GilbertMulroneycakes:ALifeInPictures
    Oct 30, 2003
    As with Monsters, Inc, anyone complaining that it's only for kids is a liar, a drunkard or a fool. I'm 20. My dad - well, he probably won't take kindly to me broadcasting his age on the internet, but he in't a kid either. And yet. "Two grown men going to see a cartoon," he kept saying. Only it's not a cartoon. This is an experience. If you haven't seen it on As with Monsters, Inc, anyone complaining that it's only for kids is a liar, a drunkard or a fool. I'm 20. My dad - well, he probably won't take kindly to me broadcasting his age on the internet, but he in't a kid either. And yet. "Two grown men going to see a cartoon," he kept saying. Only it's not a cartoon. This is an experience. If you haven't seen it on the big screen, you've missed a true event because this is absolute gorgeousness and gorgocity made flesh. A case could be made that it's not quite as knockabout as previous Pixar movies, or quite as filled with brilliant characters, but only by a heartless husk of a being. If you don't see it, you're a plum. You heard me - a plum. Especially if you have kids. Expand
  42. JoJoMojo
    Jun 8, 2003
    You tell her, Dory R!
  43. blt
    Jul 11, 2003
    This movie is wonderful and it is for all ages of people. I dont know where you people come from giving this movie a 7 or anything less! I did like Monsters Inc. that was a great movie as well but i do think thet Finding Nemo is a little better. But what can I say everyone has there own opinon! Its a great movie and if you haven't seen it go out and see it! And if you haven't This movie is wonderful and it is for all ages of people. I dont know where you people come from giving this movie a 7 or anything less! I did like Monsters Inc. that was a great movie as well but i do think thet Finding Nemo is a little better. But what can I say everyone has there own opinon! Its a great movie and if you haven't seen it go out and see it! And if you haven't already bought Monster Inc. go out and buy it. Expand
  44. CarlyS.
    Jul 11, 2003
    Man! Disney pixar has one imagination! And Who ever rated it a 5 has noooooooooooo imagination what so ever. All I did was hee hee hoo hoo (cough) haaa haaa haaaaaaaaaaaa!!! And since anyways, fish are friends not food!!! And why isn't it funny!
  45. ZeljkoM.
    Jul 9, 2003
    with a perfect ten... this movie is underrated... terrific!!!
  46. PatC.
    Jan 7, 2004
    Animation for the single-parent household. Most of the movie has elapsed before we are certain the movie will not go formula and restore Nemo's mom and siblings. Shocker. Nemo and his Dad Marlin have moved on, and there is no happy return to security and entitlement. I know it's just a damn cartoon, but I can't recall a more appropriate movie for a parent and young (but not Animation for the single-parent household. Most of the movie has elapsed before we are certain the movie will not go formula and restore Nemo's mom and siblings. Shocker. Nemo and his Dad Marlin have moved on, and there is no happy return to security and entitlement. I know it's just a damn cartoon, but I can't recall a more appropriate movie for a parent and young (but not very young) child to attend. And in these days of father-bashing it is positive social commentary. Expand
  47. GregoryC.
    Feb 7, 2004
    I have so much fun with this movie.
  48. GringaD.
    Mar 2, 2004
    It Wuz Da Bestest movie eva!!! well.. it made me cry and laugh and it was juz gangsta.. HAHA.. -=-2-=-
  49. JackD.
    Apr 3, 2004
    I know this movie is great! The people who put a low rate ,you do not know what your talking about. Of course there is a lot depressing moments but this is the funniest Pixar movie I have seen.The first time I watched it I wanted to watch it over and over.The funniest character I thought was Dory .
  50. BlackFireD.
    Jun 30, 2004
    Keanes L. doesn't know what she is saying. Finding Nemo rocks!
  51. AndrewM.
    Jul 4, 2004
    This film is loads of fun, but unlike other people I don't think it is loaded with funny moments. Sure it's humorous but there just isn't that steady stream of laughs that pervade the other Pixar efforts. This is not to say I didn't like it - I did, especially with the use of the Aussie setting (what can I say - I'm biased!) All the characters are lovable, the This film is loads of fun, but unlike other people I don't think it is loaded with funny moments. Sure it's humorous but there just isn't that steady stream of laughs that pervade the other Pixar efforts. This is not to say I didn't like it - I did, especially with the use of the Aussie setting (what can I say - I'm biased!) All the characters are lovable, the story is as original as it can be, the voice talent is perfect, and the animation is simply breathtaking! Another marvellous achievement by Disney and Pixar. My brother said to me before I watched this: "Mate, you'll never look at seagulls the same again".... and he was right.... mine?, mine!.... never has an animal been more precisely depicted in animation. Collapse
  52. HarrisonB.
    Aug 8, 2004
    Charming and cute movie about a little clownfish who gets taken by divers because his father is an overprotective crybaby. Dori steals the show because she's hilarious. Nemo's very cute. So are the Tank Gang. Family-fun. I loved it.
  53. DamiaC.
    Nov 9, 2005
    I LOVE DORI.
  54. JoeH.
    Nov 6, 2003
    This movie is the best one I have ever seen in my 10 year lifespan (so far). This movie was so good I begged my parents to let me see it again. A must see for people under 999999 years old.
  55. ScottE.
    Dec 19, 2003
    This movie is easily the best animated movie since "Toy Story" or "The Lion King." Not only is the plot meticulously crafted, but the voice acting is superb in every scene. This is the one animated movie that all parents can't wait to buy for their children. The more you watch this film, the more you enjoy it and it's playful sense of humor. Some parents believe that the This movie is easily the best animated movie since "Toy Story" or "The Lion King." Not only is the plot meticulously crafted, but the voice acting is superb in every scene. This is the one animated movie that all parents can't wait to buy for their children. The more you watch this film, the more you enjoy it and it's playful sense of humor. Some parents believe that the sequence with the shark is a little too scary for younger kids, but this is only a small part of the movie that you can fast-forward through, if necessary. Disney and Pixar have solidly confirmed their stature as masters of animation, and most parents will rejoice at experiencing this piece of movie magic with their children over and over again. This should be at the top of every parent's Santa list, and with good reason! Expand
  56. Lovejones
    May 29, 2003
    Everything in this movie works. The animation is superb. The humans remind you of the claymation in Wallace and Grommit. The plot is interesting and very funny. (My kid actually held his pee for the whole film.) The audience, comprised mostly of youngsters, applauded at the end. This movie is right up there with Lion King. This movie gets 10 out of 10 stars.
  57. SergioN.
    Jun 2, 2003
    AWESOME! As a single father I can witness how protective we are to our children. this movie was about me and my son. The movie's message to me is to "live and let live" to just enjoy everything life has to offer along with my son while allowing him to develop his own personality. EXCELLENT!
  58. ScottL.
    Jun 2, 2003
    I'm 22, I enjoyed this movie.. It's great eye movie with good story and good characters. The Turtle dude was the best. He reminded me of Otto from the Simpsons.
  59. JerryT.
    Jun 2, 2003
    Very good movie one of the best films i have ever seen i would have to say matrix was not as good as this film.
  60. TorvC.
    Jun 2, 2003
    An instant classic and a sure-fire winner of next year's Oscar for Best Animated Feature film (and a probable nomination for Best Picture! to boot!). This film is luminous and full of inspired film making. Albert Brooks and Ellen DeGeneres turn in masterwork performances and the "cinematography" is a thing of wonder. I sat through the film slack-jawed and amazed!
  61. JeffreyLS.
    Jun 2, 2003
    (****-stars!) Just wondrous, beautifully done eye-candy from Pixar! & Probably the best of the Studios' work yet! Albert Brooks, my 2nd fav. cinema comic next to *"The Woodman!" today. Is pure perfection in lead & even Ellen DeGeneres, is terrific in vocal dept.-(NOTE: I only wish Meg Ryan could have gotten that pt.) Every lil' sea-urchin has a personality. & as far as the (****-stars!) Just wondrous, beautifully done eye-candy from Pixar! & Probably the best of the Studios' work yet! Albert Brooks, my 2nd fav. cinema comic next to *"The Woodman!" today. Is pure perfection in lead & even Ellen DeGeneres, is terrific in vocal dept.-(NOTE: I only wish Meg Ryan could have gotten that pt.) Every lil' sea-urchin has a personality. & as far as the ACADEMY goes, Animated-Feature gold is over! This will take it in a walk! My pick as it's finest creation of all & there are sooo-many! "The Shark!" A Timeless film. Expand
  62. MattE.
    Jun 27, 2003
    All i did through-out the movie was go " Bahahahahaha(snort)haha!!!! "
  63. WAKOJAKO
    Jun 3, 2003
    Don't let the premise to this gorgeous film turn you off. I went skeptically and left adoring every ounce of this precocious confection. A 9 only because I don't think it outdid Monster's Inc. or Toy Story II, which actually outdid the original, but definitely a winner...and more! Ellen DeGeneres is amazingly funny. And the animation is BRILLIANT!
  64. JONC.
    Jun 3, 2003
    A fun, funny, finger licking frolick that only the most surly shark or snooty stingray could despise. Another gem from Pixar in its already voluptuous wealth of past offerings.
  65. NathanB.
    Jun 3, 2003
    I saw this yesterday, and I didn't really like it even though it was well done and reasonably entertaining. "The Tenacious D is better!" Go to the Italian Job instead and praise God for your new imaginary Mini.
  66. AshleeJ.
    Jun 3, 2003
    It's good. But why is it that in almost all Disney movies somebody just has to die. (including villains)
  67. DaleK.
    Jun 4, 2003
    Ashlee J., you make a good point, except for the fact that the villains don't ALWAYS die in Disney movies. This movie, for example, didn't even have a villain. But yeah, you're right, the villains almost always (I'm saying 'almost' because the villain in "Monsters, Inc." didn't die) die. Overall, I didn't think this movie was as great as "Monsters, Ashlee J., you make a good point, except for the fact that the villains don't ALWAYS die in Disney movies. This movie, for example, didn't even have a villain. But yeah, you're right, the villains almost always (I'm saying 'almost' because the villain in "Monsters, Inc." didn't die) die. Overall, I didn't think this movie was as great as "Monsters, Inc." but it was pretty close. The turtle dudes ROCK! ;) Expand
  68. JoshuaW
    Jun 7, 2003
    I really don't understand how anyone could not enjoy Finding Nemo. This was one of the most enjoyable movies I've seen in a long time. It's just as hard to make a film that can get you to laugh out loud over and over again as it is to make a film that forces you think about life. Both types of films are wonderful and this one was one of the best.
  69. AlisonB.
    Jun 9, 2003
    This is a great movie!
  70. RyanB.
    Jul 10, 2003
    Anna and alex are idiots, this movie got a 92!!!!!!!!!!! and the movie had a great moral, but you are too stupid to get it, this movie was great, it had a good soundtrack, and the animation was amazing, not to mention the movie was funny. I was probably laughing the whole movie. It got what it deserved.
  71. AnnieG.
    Jul 20, 2003
    1 word: SPECTACULAR
  72. btaz
    Jul 8, 2003
    Does all a movie should do. Touches almost all the emotions and does it beautifully.
  73. Matt
    Jul 9, 2003
    Very entertaining movie. Entertaining for people of all ages. Right up there with Toy Story
  74. RickJ.G.
    Aug 21, 2003
    Great animation and, what do you know, it's not a sequal or a remake of some sort. I wouldn't have thought a G-rated animation flick would outgross The Matrix Reloaded, which appeared to shoe-in for tops at the box office for the Summer. Light-hearted and entertaing, see it on the big screen while you have a chance.
  75. EmilyW.
    Aug 25, 2003
    Its the best movie this year and next year.
  76. SejaT.
    Sep 30, 2003
    Best movie ever!!!
  77. StephanieC.
    Sep 5, 2003
    I am 14 and me and my friend loved this movie!!! This is my favourite mmovie of all times!!!!!! I had never laughed so much at another movie! Everywhere I go, that's all I look for is Finding Nemo merchandise! I really enjoyed the movie and am praying that there will be a second one! Can't wait till it comes out on video, me and my friend are gonna be first in line to buy it! I am 14 and me and my friend loved this movie!!! This is my favourite mmovie of all times!!!!!! I had never laughed so much at another movie! Everywhere I go, that's all I look for is Finding Nemo merchandise! I really enjoyed the movie and am praying that there will be a second one! Can't wait till it comes out on video, me and my friend are gonna be first in line to buy it! Thanks for takin my vote! Expand
  78. JanR.
    Sep 6, 2003
    Great movie for all ages......
  79. KristinD.
    Jan 2, 2004
    Finding Nemo is a beautiful movie with a perfect blend of humor and adventure put in a pleasing and satisfying way. After watching this movie, you have a wonderful feeling of happiness, family and love. Finding Nemo is the best movie Disney has made do far and about time!!!
  80. RyanW.
    Oct 20, 2004
    I LOVE FINDING NEMO! Full to the brim with entertaining characters, witty dialogue, and stunning visuals, this is real fit for the WHOLE family.
  81. Olivertwist
    Jan 4, 2004
    It was awesome dude! (just keep swimming...etc...)
  82. KarlD.
    Jan 8, 2004
    I just loved it. Great heart and fantastic animation.
  83. JessP.
    Feb 4, 2004
    This movie is generally brilliant. Although the target audience is children, this movie is one for people of any age to enjoy.
  84. AshleighW.
    Mar 29, 2004
    Finding Nemo is 1 of the best movies I have seen. I am in Yr. 7 This year and a lot of people still go on about how funny DORY and DARLA is. My English teacher said for an assignment we will be doing Finding Nemo the whole classed cheered. The different colours that were used were great/ excellent and the way it seened so real. Finding Nemo is 1 of my favourite moives.
  85. HollyR.
    Mar 29, 2004
    I loved this move and all my m8s did too!!!! :D
  86. F.K.
    Mar 30, 2004
    It was funny and adventurous but I didn't like the violence.
  87. DanielleB
    Jul 18, 2004
    Great movie for kids and adults! Degenres brings charm to this movie!
  88. RonellC.
    Aug 9, 2004
    This is a great movie with amazing animation.I'ts so funny, realistic and very well research and it's just a great movie all over.
  89. EfeB.
    Sep 6, 2004
    It goes to show you that the classic term of "film-making" is dead when 9 out of 10 critics hail this movie as a masterpiece. not only the critics but the rest of the world also thinks nemo is a great film, because the times that we live in has turned story telling on screen into a "quick fix-color pandemonium". there is nothing smart nor imaginitive about making a talking fish movie. It goes to show you that the classic term of "film-making" is dead when 9 out of 10 critics hail this movie as a masterpiece. not only the critics but the rest of the world also thinks nemo is a great film, because the times that we live in has turned story telling on screen into a "quick fix-color pandemonium". there is nothing smart nor imaginitive about making a talking fish movie. walt disney was the most overrated figure of his time, drawing ducks and mice and pretend he has a wild imagination...he has set the foundation for grabbing what nature has to offer and idiotically turn it into "humanesque". sad to say his legacy of brainless money maker films continues. not only nemo is by far the worst, the most un-imaginitive movie of a cartoon; it is also has the dumbest and predictable stories i have seen in a while. for some people, seeing a cute fish like drawing talk like a little child is good enough to rate this film a 10...well, i am not one of these people. i value originality, imagination, story telling, character depth, humor and craft. you may tell me that this movie has craft, but i will chalange you on that...to render a "fish" on a computer is as crafty as spitting on a vertical wall. you hit a few buttons and gravity does the rest. for me, AKIRA is an imaginitive movie that deserves a 10...JAWS is a crafty movie that deserves a 10, ALIEN is a "character" movie that deserves a 10..... nemo on the other hand was made for people who are "too" nice, or they think that they are nice but all they are is "un-educated"..."un-worldly". nemo is for closed minded audience, who are ready to jump and laugh at every single cute mischief on screen. SHREK is a good animation film...i was astounded by it's freshness when i saw it....but nemo left me feeling way,way dry. there is no end to this, today we have nemo....the CGI fish...tomorow we will have the COW, the GOOSE, the lonely CAT, the handsome EAGLE.....hell, lets tell pixar to make a zoo film so we get all in one and move on to the next level in filmmaking for god sakes. Expand
  90. AustinA.
    Feb 6, 2005
    Ellen, you made the movie.
  91. Vixi
    Jul 18, 2005
    It was good...the characters were inspired and visually it was perfect. The simple story was obviously intended for six year olds though, and the constant barricade of characters became something of a chore. Overall, it didn't seem to flow well - the entire movie was based around two little fishies meeting character after character as they travelled. Luckily, as most of them are pure It was good...the characters were inspired and visually it was perfect. The simple story was obviously intended for six year olds though, and the constant barricade of characters became something of a chore. Overall, it didn't seem to flow well - the entire movie was based around two little fishies meeting character after character as they travelled. Luckily, as most of them are pure genius you don't realise till you watch it for a second time. Expand
  92. FredB.
    Oct 17, 2006
    It's a great movie to watch with you family or your girlfriend, ONCE!! I liked it but I don't think I will need to see it again. A bit overrated>
  93. ShaniceT.
    Jun 12, 2006
    A GREAT film that's essentially more that just about fish. Amazing visuals, voice talent, and script. A+ P.S. Ellen DeGeneres deserved an Oscar nomination for her potrayal of Dory.
  94. NicoleS.
    Mar 23, 2007
    its the best movie ever!!! and all you people think that is stupied well its not you are so go and screw you self!!! its the best movie to watch at all ages and it never gets old even if you know what is going to happen its still the best movie in the world!
  95. CindyJ.
    May 20, 2008
    An excellent movie! If you love disney and pixar films, you must watch this if you haven't. It's worth it!
  96. GavinC
    Jul 28, 2009
    Exciting, funny, and inventive.
  97. SabrinaG.
    Nov 21, 2003
    The best movie ever.
  98. HeatherH.
    Nov 20, 2003
    I thought that it was stupid.
  99. MichaelR.
    Nov 28, 2003
    My God, all these movies are becoming the same. There are a few archetypes for Disney films, then every single one follows that archetype. The Film Threat critic was right, the clichés really are starting to show. But all and all, it wasn't a bad movie. I enjoyed it, despite the fact that I really wasn't watching anything new.
  100. YoonMinC.
    Nov 5, 2003
    Why kids(and presumably their parents) prefer the clunky computer animated graphics to the more lushly expressive traditional animation is beyond me. Finding Nemo, though not without a few stunning effects, was about as thrilling as staring at a lava lamp. The wax like characters and the undersea locales look plastic and lifeless. The story is hackneyed and progresses only thru obnoxious Why kids(and presumably their parents) prefer the clunky computer animated graphics to the more lushly expressive traditional animation is beyond me. Finding Nemo, though not without a few stunning effects, was about as thrilling as staring at a lava lamp. The wax like characters and the undersea locales look plastic and lifeless. The story is hackneyed and progresses only thru obnoxious and violent rollercoaster effects, predicated on the notion that kids are all suffering from attention defishit disorder. All the characters are dopey or nauseatingly cute, or as in the case of the amnesiac fish, just downright annoying. The main character is like a Jewish mother as Jewish father as fish. Albert Brooks, a marvelous funny guy with adult anxieties in his own films, is reduced to whining over the loss of his bratty kid fish, which soon gets insufferable. Perhaps worst of all is the reduction of the rich diversity of undersea life into familiar cultural stereotypes such as hippie turtles, politically correct sharks, noirish prisoner fish. What was once funny and quick witted in the Looney Tunes cartoons has become heavyhanded and turgid here. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Neil Smith
    Mar 25, 2013
    The H2O theme fits in with the main feature, its tale of a clownfish searching for his son constituting Pixar’s most effective amalgam of comedy, artistry and emotional pull.
    Finding Nemo is, as it happens, the most dangerously sugared of the Pixar productions to date--how could any father-finding-son saga be otherwise?--but the threat is now one of oversophistication. [9 June 2003, p. 108]
  3. Though not as great as "Toy Story 2" and "Monsters, Inc.," Pixar movies that are the gold standard for family movies, Finding Nemo is visually entrancing.