Firewall

• Release Date: Feb 10, 2006
7.3

1. KenG.
    Mar 3, 2006
    A tense and intense thriller. I'm not sure why it has been so poorly received. Sure, it's formula stuff, but it's very well done formula.
  2. ChrisB.
    Jun 28, 2006
    Incredibly funny!
  3. MikeJones
    Feb 11, 2006
    Calm down freaks. When you make a movie, or have a career like ford then you can talk. I though it was an all right film.
  4. Perry
    Feb 15, 2006
    Although it is a rehash, it's well done and exciting. Good escapism and a roller coaster trip. Also holes in the plot are not real evident while you are watching.
  5. DanaM.
    Feb 19, 2006
    Enjoyable thriller. Don't let the Movie-reviewer wanna-be's dissuade you from a good movie.
  6. MarilynZ.
    Mar 2, 2006
    It kept me on the edge of my seat. Loved every minute.
  7. BarryL.
    Feb 11, 2006
    What I liked least about "Firewall" was not the movie (which I liked a lot), but some of the major critical reaction to it. I was told that I was supposed to hate the "terrible" ending, with one reviewer said that the third-act revelation came out of nowhere. Not true. TWO hints were dropped early on (for those of us who were paying attention) that something was up with the [omitted]. What I liked least about "Firewall" was not the movie (which I liked a lot), but some of the major critical reaction to it. I was told that I was supposed to hate the "terrible" ending, with one reviewer said that the third-act revelation came out of nowhere. Not true. TWO hints were dropped early on (for those of us who were paying attention) that something was up with the [omitted]. Dishonest or misleading reviewing also rankles me. With regard to his age, one critic siad Ford looked ludciorus as he "scaled a building." Hmm. I was expecting some moment akin to Spider-man; instead, Ford, for the scene in question, used a conventional [omitted]! Witless critical nonsense aside, I thought this was a decent and well-plotted thriller. Maybe not one of Ford's best thrillers, but hardly something that "squanders" his career (something that one other critic wrote). I look forward to seeing this film again when it turns up on cable. Expand
  8. DavidA.
    Feb 11, 2006
    It was an alright film, it was worth the money and the time. Go see it. Recomendable
  9. SusanM.
    Feb 14, 2006
    I dont care what people say, Harrison Ford still has it, and this was a good movie, lots of action and excitement. Paul Bettany is a great actor also. I went in thinking it was going to be crap based on what I had heard, but it turned out to be very enjoyable.
  10. M.Luczki
    Jun 15, 2006
    Interesting story of how technology can cut both ways with standard Harrison Ford action that we've come to love and expect.
  11. JeremyW.
    Feb 17, 2007
    Involving, interesting thriller that sucks you in and takes you for a ride. A lot of fun.
  12. Guy!
    Jun 13, 2007
    Smart, violent, and completely thrilling from start to finish. Sadly though, I think this was Harrison Fords' last stand in the cinema. He never ceased to amaze us, did he? Nonetheless, his skill and performance was too good to describe.
  13. JaredB.
    Dec 17, 2007
    "Firewall" gives new meaning to the term "action film." This movie did what so many others in this genre have failed to do. It kept my interest the whole two hours it ran. Richard Loncraine, who had never directed a thriller before, does an absolutely wonderful job. Harrison Ford is incredible. Paul Bettany is one of the creepiest bad guys I've seen in the movies for a long time. My "Firewall" gives new meaning to the term "action film." This movie did what so many others in this genre have failed to do. It kept my interest the whole two hours it ran. Richard Loncraine, who had never directed a thriller before, does an absolutely wonderful job. Harrison Ford is incredible. Paul Bettany is one of the creepiest bad guys I've seen in the movies for a long time. My only problem is that the other robbers were, for the most part, too silly to be taken seriously. If you are in the mood for an edge-of-your-seat movie, rent "Firewall" and get ready for a wild ride. Expand

We spend too much time with the kidnappers - a veritable Geek Squad of undifferentiated techies - as each successive escape attempt is foiled and our eyes are warped by abundant shots of computer screens and grainy surveillance-camera footage.
    Firewall’s predictable second half betrays the film's early promise.
  3. It starts off with a slick split-screen bang, but this high tech heist thriller is like a For Dummies guide to the genre.